Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Jesus on Psychedelics
    #3615068 - 01/11/05 09:56 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

For nobody lights a lamp and puts it underneath a bushel basket or in a hidden place. Rather, it is placed on a lamp stand so that all who go in and out may see the light.

If they ask you, "Where are you from?", reply to them, "We have come from the place where light is produced from itself. It came and revealed themselves in their image."

His disciples asked him: When will the dead rest? When will the new world arrive? He replied: That which you are waiting for has come, but you don't recognize it.

Jesus looked into the present and saw the mushrooms, the peyote, the ayahuasca, all growing as part of the Spirit, even if he did not know their shape or name. He realized the future of LSD, even if he did not know what molecule it was. The psychedelic state is what Jesus preached, yet what his followers realize so little of, especially as I'm reading Jesus' words I realize how vehemently modern day Christians go against him. If he was alive now, he would be put to death by his followers for blasphemy.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTrainwreck
No. Really.

Loc: Southern California
Re: Jesus on Psychedelics [Re: Ravus]
    #3615090 - 01/11/05 10:00 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Did you get that from somewhere or are you just talking? I agree with you 100% though.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Re: Jesus on Psychedelics [Re: Trainwreck]
    #3615222 - 01/11/05 10:19 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I did get it from somewhere, the Gospel of Thomas, those are true quotes.

It's a bit odd too, because the way Jesus talks in the Gospel of Thomas (which I wager is much closer to Jesus' actual quotes than the common Bibles which have been changed and distorted countless times) reminds me of the way Chinacat talks about LSD. He speaks of it as being a light, and that people should spread the light and such. Maybe Chinacat's constant use of LSD and massive thumbprint doses got him a glimpse of the mystical state Jesus also saw.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleJettaJay
PsychedelicStranger
 User Gallery

#3615332 - 01/11/05 10:31 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Ravus said:
I did get it from somewhere, the Gospel of Thomas, those are true quotes.

It's a bit odd too, because the way Jesus talks in the Gospel of Thomas (which I wager is much closer to Jesus' actual quotes than the common Bibles which have been changed and distorted countless times) reminds me of the way Chinacat talks about LSD. He speaks of it as being a light, and that people should spread the light and such. Maybe Chinacat's constant use of LSD and massive thumbprint doses got him a glimpse of the mystical state Jesus also saw.

Quote:

Ravus said:
For nobody lights a lamp and puts it underneath a bushel basket or in a hidden place. Rather, it is placed on a lamp stand so that all who go in and out may see the light.

If they ask you, "Where are you from?", reply to them, "We have come from the place where light is produced from itself. It came and revealed themselves in their image."

His disciples asked him: When will the dead rest? When will the new world arrive? He replied: That which you are waiting for has come, but you don't recognize it.

Jesus looked into the present and saw the mushrooms, the peyote, the ayahuasca, all growing as part of the Spirit, even if he did not know their shape or name. He realized the future of LSD, even if he did not know what molecule it was. The psychedelic state is what Jesus preached, yet what his followers realize so little of, especially as I'm reading Jesus' words I realize how vehemently modern day Christians go against him. If he was alive now, he would be put to death by his followers for blasphemy.

I agre totally. Where might i find this gospel of Thomas ?

--------------------
I saw a little green light buzzing around in a tree, and it dawned on me that "they" were here
~~~LouiseLouise

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
    #3615343 - 01/11/05 10:33 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Ravus said:

:thumbsup: excellent post..

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Re: Jesus on Psychedelics [Re: JettaJay]
    #3615360 - 01/11/05 10:35 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------

InvisibleJettaJay
PsychedelicStranger
 User Gallery

#3615368 - 01/11/05 10:35 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks Bro !!

--------------------
I saw a little green light buzzing around in a tree, and it dawned on me that "they" were here
~~~LouiseLouise

Invisiblericochet
Re: Jesus on Psychedelics *DELETED* [Re: JettaJay]
    #3615417 - 01/11/05 10:41 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by ricochet

Reason for deletion: ..

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Re: Jesus on Psychedelics [Re: ricochet]
    #3615462 - 01/11/05 10:48 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Christianity as it is nowadays is a pretty useless religion. They seem to have distorted Jesus' teachings of living in the present in unity, and having heaven itself within and around you, to instead be an apocalyptic prophesy of some distant end of the world where Jesus comes back and people die. It's rather odd how the Catholic Church has ruined Christianity for so many people, if it was the Gnostic Church that had survived we'd have a much different view of Jesus' teachings nowadays.

In the Gospel of Thomas, I notice some similarities to another one of my favorite short religous texts, the Tao Te Ching. In fact, some quotes looked like they were just paraphrased off each other. All mystics perhaps saw the same Truth, but it has just been distorted different ways into what we nowadays call religion. Go back to the Source and you will see for yourself, but then as soon as you speak it your words will probably be distorted into yet another religion. It seems this Truth cannot be communicated very clearly, as those who have never glimpsed it just interpret it in their own materialistic secular way.

--------------------

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #3620297 - 01/12/05 07:39 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Ravus said:

Man, this is so true......esp. the part about Christians actually being against his word.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract