Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinethedude100
Stranger
LSD Question
    #3603418 - 01/09/05 12:36 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Today, I heard about some guy in college and he tried LSD once and "fried his brain" and could no longer do normal everyday things.Does anyone know if this kind of thing can happen. I have researched acid online and know alot about it but ive never heard of any kind of damage for one time use. Could it have been that the person was trying to scare us? Maybe the guy had an illness or something that came out when he did LSD? Or is it possible to have such a bad trip that you can't function? I have heard about people using acid so much that they have fried thier brain but not on the first time. Pretty much, I'm just wondering if anything like this could happen to you when you use LSD once.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJTHM
Stranger of theLand
Loc: Still trying to figure it...
Re: LSD Question [Re: thedude100]
    #3603432 - 01/09/05 12:41 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

there is some guy in a city nearby that used to manufacture large amounts of lsd in a bathtub. he fell in one time and now he permanently thinks hes a glass of liquid and worries about people pouring him out. he seriously exists. i can tell you where to find him.

OfflineJTHM
Stranger of theLand
Loc: Still trying to figure it...
Re: LSD Question [Re: JTHM]
    #3603442 - 01/09/05 12:43 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

sorry for the extra post, but another guy i know is in a mental institute because he never came down from his trip. im not trying to scare you. i have never done acid but some of my friends say its one of the best drugs. me, ill stick to the the mother nature grown goods.

InvisibleThin White Duke
Stranger
 User Gallery

#3603489 - 01/09/05 12:58 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

You're not being serious are you JTHM?

Offlinethedude100
Stranger
Re: LSD Question [Re: Thin White Duke]
    #3603508 - 01/09/05 01:03 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I'm glad that you are telling me the dangers of LSD although I'm not exactly sure what you said was true. (If you are, in fact, telling the truth) At least the first post I have heard before but as a different story. (Pink Floyd's drummer took acid every day for a year and thought he was a glass of orange juice.) But I want to know if any kind of permanent brain damage or anything can occur after only light to moderate usage.

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

#3603519 - 01/09/05 01:06 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

What kind of a moron could accidently fall into a bathtub of LSD. If the guy knows how to make it I SERIOUSLY doubt he's going to be dumb enough to even risk falling in.

--------------------

InvisibleMushie_Man
Fuck Up

Loc: UK
    #3603568 - 01/09/05 01:15 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Woulda been funny to watch though  :popcorn:

As for LSD, in my oppinion if taken moderatly and responsibally, i see no danger in that.

--------------------
Ecstacy got me standing next to you
Getting sentimental as fuck spillin' guts to you
We just met
But I think I'm in love with you
But you're on it too
So you tell me you love me too
Wake up in the morning like "yo, what the fuck we do?"

Offlinejedilkeme
just around
Male
Re: LSD Question [Re: Mushie_Man]
    #3603652 - 01/09/05 01:36 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

you cant synth. LSD in a bathtub....wives tale...

OfflineSnip
aimin' at your head

Loc: Mountains of the Moon
Re: LSD Question [Re: jedilkeme]
    #3603668 - 01/09/05 01:40 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

the whole thing about people thinking they are a glass of oj and its variants are just urban legends, nothing more.

--------------------
cross my heart and hope to die

InvisibleFuzzt
Junglist
Re: LSD Question [Re: Snip]
    #3603694 - 01/09/05 01:46 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Who the hell would store 'cid in a bathtub?

InvisibleMushie_Man
Fuck Up

Re: LSD Question [Re: Fuzzt]
    #3603725 - 01/09/05 01:54 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Fuzzt said:
Who the hell would store 'cid in a bathtub?

Obviously someone stupid enoguh to fall in  :imwithstupid:

--------------------
We just met
But you're on it too

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder Flag
    #3603726 - 01/09/05 01:54 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I have done acid numerous times and I am just fine... :crazy2: :crazy2: :grin:But seriously, if done in moderation, you should be just fine. Just don't get carried away and/or trip with stupid, irresponsible people that act like morons sober. Get with some of your best, most reliable and chill friends, dose and you should have a good time. I warn you, though, if you have some screwed up things going on in your life that you think about often, then you might should take care of these things before you trip, or you could end up thinking about these things repeatedly while tripping. this is not fun- thinking in circles for 5 hours - not fun at all! good luck and happy tripping! :smile:

--------------------

:murray:

InvisibleMushie_Man
Fuck Up

#3603743 - 01/09/05 01:58 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah i hate thinking about bad things in my life over and over while tripping, its kinda like paranoia with a twist  :crazy2:

--------------------
We just met
But you're on it too

Offlineempnero
DistortedPercetion

Re: LSD Question [Re: Mushie_Man]
    #3603976 - 01/09/05 02:55 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

if you have underlying psychological problems, yea you could be fucked if you do it, but i guess you could say the same for shrooms. and if you take to much you could freak out and have a traumatic event and be like the vietnam vets who lost it and are permanantly crazy without acid (well some of em without acid anyway)

InvisibleNoetical
Flip Horrorshow

Re: LSD Question [Re: empnero]
    #3604340 - 01/09/05 04:17 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I remember a friend of mine telling me he won't do acid because he dosn't want to end up thinking he can fly and jump off of something, I probed further and found out that is what happened to his dad.

OfflinePFloyd
Stranger
Re: LSD Question [Re: Noetical]
    #3604673 - 01/09/05 05:31 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

" (Pink Floyd's drummer took acid every day for a year and thought he was a glass of orange juice.)"

Where'd you hear that, that's obviously a lie. Before Dave Gilmour joined the group, Syd Barrett, the guy who started the group did tons of acid. I heard people would even dose him sometimes when he didnt know. He became a schizophrenic. Also note, before he ever did any hallucinagens, he had showed schizophrenic signs, the drugs just brought it out earlier. Needless to say, Dave Gilmour took over as the guitarist.

Offlinethedude100
Stranger
Re: LSD Question [Re: PFloyd]
    #3605004 - 01/09/05 06:43 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Yea, Syd Barret was the guy i was thinking of. But i just want to know if anyone has ever had like adverse reactions or anything and have compeltely lost it or have been permenantly changed.

Invisiblevandago
 User Gallery

Loc: .
    #3605050 - 01/09/05 06:56 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

there is some guy in a city nearby that used to manufacture large amounts of lsd in a bathtub. he fell in one time and now he permanently thinks hes a glass of liquid and worries about people pouring him out. he seriously exists. i can tell you where to find him.

People spreading misinformation like this is the reason why so many people fear acid more than shrooms and what not because they think they will go "mad". I highly doubt you've ever met this guy you speak of and if you have it's probably just some crazy homeless guy and has nothing to do with LSD. You should really not spread complete and utter CRAP like that. I have heard that myth told so many different ways from so many different people in tons of different places.

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali, Contra Costa Co. Flag
Re: LSD Question [Re: vandago]
    #3605122 - 01/09/05 07:17 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

vandago said:
Quote:

People spreading misinformation like this is the reason why so many people fear acid more than shrooms and what not because they think they will go "mad". I highly doubt you've ever met this guy you speak of and if you have it's probably just some crazy homeless guy and has nothing to do with LSD. You should really not spread complete and utter CRAP like that. I have heard that myth told so many different ways from so many different people in tons of different places.

Amen to that vandango, JTHM plz dont post info without research to back up you claims!

--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix

Edited by sui (01/09/05 07:19 PM)

Offlineempnero
DistortedPercetion

Re: LSD Question [Re: sui]
    #3605638 - 01/09/05 09:50 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i just wanna say this, i know most of the shit is urban legends, but there was a guy who sold acid in nyc, who carried tabs in his inside coat pocket in a plastic bag, with another plastic bag on the outside so he wouldnt start tripping if it was humid or raining, but it wasnt sealed cause he was selling and its easier for him to reach in and pull the tabs out. the guy was an idiot in the 1st place, he made a reputation which is never good, this is years before i ever touched drugs, but people i knew from down the block used to buy from him. the police were going to bust him anyway, but it was raining out and some of the acid got wet and the water made contact with his skin, according to the cops the bag fell over in his pocket, he was freaking out when he got arrested, he didnt even realize cause of the plastic bag so he thought he was just losing it, the cops came to arrest him and he was going nuts by the time they got there, this was in an alley near the corner where he sat and sold it. apparently he was asking them for help while laying in the fetal position, they had a warrant and busted him, put him in the hospital, he tripped long and hard, they sedated him to stop him from freaking, but cause he got so scared, he became insane and paranoid, and used that in court, but all that did is make the majority of his sentace take place in an institution. the only reason he lost it was cause the quantity of shit that absorebed into his skin and the fact that he wasnt aware it was a drug and became dissociated, plus the intensity and length, not even to mention cops running up to him with a warrant and guns drawn, i freaked out when my RA walked into my dormroom whil i was triiping on 1 hit. that was traumatic, for me, i cant imagine for him, so he was basically permanatly paranoid. he did time in jail but he never wanted to leave his cell and was afraid of everything. he didnt think he was water or anything, he just panics alot, now hes in an institution, still serving time plus group therapy. my friend who freaked out cause of a non drug induced chemical imbalance heard about him there from some of the doctors caused he though he freaked out cause something was laced so he asked about people in there for drugs, but found out his problem was natural, he didnt know at the time and wanted to know, for consulation, if what he thought happened to him was common there. i didnt belive that story until my friend personally told me when we chilled after his 1st time in the institution, he was medicated (and actually still taking it at that point, not for long which is why say 1st time), so he wasnt chemically delusional at that point

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom