Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: LSD Question [Re: empnero]
    #3605742 - 01/09/05 10:17 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

If in fact this guy was real (which is highly unlikely considering people told you this), there's no way this 'insanity' would have start from it just absorbing in his skin.

It doesn't absorb that easily, there's no way that would happen from just being on the inside of his coat, or even touching his skin.

It would probably have to be stuck to his skin for hours and hours and hours... and even then I don't know if it would actually absorb that much.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Re: LSD Question [Re: JTHM]
    #3605750 - 01/09/05 10:19 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

JTHM said:
there is some guy in a city nearby that used to manufacture large amounts of lsd in a bathtub. he fell in one time and now he permanently thinks hes a glass of liquid and worries about people pouring him out. he seriously exists. i can tell you where to find him.

Quote:

SYNTHESIS : A solution of 6.7 g KOH in 100 mL H2O, under an inert atmosphere and magnetically stirred, was brought to 75 ?C, and 10 g ergotamine tartrate (ET) added. The reaction mixture turned yellow as the ergotamine went into solution over the course of 1 h. The stirring was continued for an additional 3 h. The reaction mixture was cooled to about 10 ?C with an external ice bath, and acidified to a pH of about 3.0 by the dropwise addition of 2.5 N H2SO4. White solids started to appear early in the neutralization; approximately 60 mL of sulfuric acid was required. The reaction mixture was cooled overnight, the solids removed by filtration, and the filter cake washed with 10 mL Et2O. The dry solids were transferred to a beaker, suspended in 50 mL 15 % ammonia in anhydrous ethanol, stirred for 1 h, and separated by decantation. This extraction was repeated, and the original decantation and the second extract combined and filtered to remove a few hundred milligrams of unwanted solids. The clear filtrate was stripped of solvent under vacuum, the residual solids dissolved in 50 mL of 1% aqueous ammonia, and this solution was acidified as before with 2.5 N H2SO4. The precipitated solids were removed by filtration and washed with Et2O until free of color. After drying under vacuum to a constant weight, there was obtained 3.5 g of d-lysergic acid hydrate, which should be stored in a dark, sealed container.
A suspension of 3.15 g d-lysergic acid hydrate and 7.1 g of diethylamine in 150 mL CHCl3 was brought to reflux with stirring. With the external heating removed, there was added 3.4 g POCl3 over the course of 2 min, at a rate sufficient to maintain refluxing conditions. The mixture was held at reflux for an additional 5 min, at which point everything had gone into solution. After returning to room temperature, the solution was added to 200 mL of 1 N NH4OH. The phases were separated, the organic phase dried over anhydrous MgSO4, filtered, and the solvent removed under vacuum. The residue was chromatographed over alumina with elution employing a 3:1 C6H6/CHCl3 mixture, and the collected fraction stripped of solvent under hard vacuum to a constant weight. This free-base solid can be recrystallized from benzene to give white crystals with a melting point of 87-92 ?C. IR (in cm-1): 750, 776, 850, 937 and 996, with the carbonyl at 1631. The mass spectrum of the free base has a strong parent peak at mass 323, with sizable fragments at masses of 181, 196, 207 and 221.

This base was dissolved in warm, dry MeOH, using 4 mL per g of product. There was then added dry d-tartaric acid (0.232 g per g of LSD base), and the clear warm solution treated with Et2O dropwise until the cloudiness did not dispel on continued stirring. This opaqueness set to a fine crystalline suspension (this is achieved more quickly with seeding) and the solution allowed to crystallize overnight in the refrigerator. Ambient light should be severely restricted during these procedures. The product was removed by filtration, washed sparingly with cold methanol, with a cold 1:1 MeOH/Et2O mixture, and then dried to constant weight. The white crystalline product was lysergic acid diethylamide tartrate with two molecules of methanol of crystallization, with a mp of about 200 ?C with decomposition, and weighed 3.11 g (66%). Repeated recrystallizations from methanol produced a product that became progressively less soluble, and eventually virtually insoluble, as the purity increased. A totally pure salt, when dry and when shaken in the dark, will emit small flashes of white light.

If you think you can make LSD in a bathtub you're an idiot. End of story.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: LSD Question [Re: thedude100]
    #3605876 - 01/09/05 10:53 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

People have taken thumprint doses of LSD and returned to normal life. The experience perhaps changed them forever, in the same way Moses seeing God probably changed him forever, but they don't suddenly think they're glasses of orange juice or potatoes, as rumors go with much lesser doses of LSD.

Not to mention absorption through the skin really isn't an effective method, they probably only get a small fraction of the dose if it just got wet and spilled over their skin. If they have such intense psychotic episodes after LSD consumption, then chances are LSD was a catalyst for pre-existing mental problems rather than the sole cause of psychosis.

And if someone had a bathtub of LSD chances are the entire country would be flooded right now. Alas, he fell into it!  :rolleyes:

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Offlineempnero
DistortedPercetion

Re: LSD Question [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #3605889 - 01/09/05 10:55 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

1st im not saying that its 100% true but aspects of it definately are, i dunno if the whole reason and was 100% true, but there was a guy in there, still in there who lost it from tripping while he was selling and didnt realized he was dosed, and he got arrested while tripping, my friend was in the same place cause he got picked by a cop up for acting wierd in public after someone called him in. and if you dont think it absorbs that easily, obviously youve never tripped off of a few drops on your skin, which is way more intense than blotters IMO and you start tripping in 45 min, about the same amount of time, most of my friends swear quicker, i dunno about that though, plus everytime ive used a blotter, ive kept it there for only 5 min. and when youre reachin the in bag every once in a while, i dont see why its not possible, especially when he was arrested with apparently 78 hits according to the story (yea i know that sounds too exact not to be made up). i didnt say that the absorbing cuased him to go insane, i said he went insane cause of the trauma and the fact that he was afraid and confused, also he may have only been playing that to get out of jail and into the institution, and stay there. and my friend is very much sane. as long as he takes his medicine, its just that when hes off of it for a while he 1st goes into mood swings and his diet and emotions can cause him to lose touch with reality if he goes long enough without his medication. he did stop taking it at 1 point cause it made him feel shitty, but hes back, hes fine and the doctors say hes normal as long as the imbalance is regualted, hes not a pathological liar, and he canrecall everything with exact detail according to the doctors from when he freaked. ive heard this same story from 4 friends, my friend from around the block who bought from this guy, a different friend, who live an hour away i know from school (the one who went nuts) and another kid who lived near by the dealer, who transfered to my school a year after the other one left, he was there the 1st night i ever tripped. and a friend whos an emt that rides on an ambulence in the city, he went to my school before i even got accepted there. none of these people knew or knew of the other ones except the emt and the crazy one, but they were there only for 1 year together and only knew each other from associated groups adn didnt talk much.

OfflineDimmy
Josephacetious
 User Gallery

Loc: Georgia
    #3605896 - 01/09/05 10:57 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

What ^he^ said  :tongue:

--------------------
:goose:

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

#3605960 - 01/09/05 11:09 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

"he was arrested with apparently 78 hits according to the story (yea i know that sounds too exact not to be made up)"

Sounds too exact to not be made up? Think about this situation you're telling me for a minute.

78 hits? Exactly how can they tell how many 'hits' he had in his
system, and how many micrograms does a 'hit' contain?

You think the guy just somehow got water in a bag fully of blotters, and somehow ALL THE LSD went into this water, and went on his skin without him even noticing it, and then having it dry, and all absorb into his system?

Bull-SHIT.

There are so many flaws in this story it's laughable.

I can't believe anyone would believe such nonsense.

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

#3605993 - 01/09/05 11:16 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

And you claim the police came up to him with a warrent?

:lol:

Do you have any idea what is involved in getting a warrent?

Would you also expect someone who regularly has lots of LSD on them, for selling, to be experienced in taking large doses? I would.

OfflineJTHM
Stranger of theLand
Loc: Still trying to figure it...
    #3606022 - 01/09/05 11:30 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

if you have tripped before on something else, then be my guest and try acid. like i said, wasnt trying to scare, but i know the perma-trip happens for sure.(the mental institute guy is real!) just be vary wary of who you get it from, and be careful when trying. do your homework. as for the liquid guy i have been offered to go meet him, apparently he walks around our street mall.(that one could be fake or the origin of his wierdness could be fake)ill admit that

OfflineJTHM
Stranger of theLand
    #3606042 - 01/09/05 11:39 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

and i never said i met the tub dude, nor do i know how acid is manufactured. thanks for the info guys.

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

#3606064 - 01/09/05 11:46 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

The thing about crazy people is, they're crazy and you probably can't find out any real information about them if you ask.

Offlineempnero
DistortedPercetion

#3606083 - 01/09/05 11:51 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

who the fuck said in his system? in the bag, read again, arrested WITH 78 hits, not with it in him or on 78 hits, thats impossible to know, and i didnt say they were blotters in the bag, it couldve been blotters, geltabs, microdots, i dont know, also i never said it was all in his system, 400ug have freaked me out before. and yes, 2 of my best friends fathers are cops, as is one of my friends and 3 friends of the family and one of their uncles used to do drug busts but got shot on one so now he does dept of corrections, and i know many judges cause of political connections through my job and through my family, also knew the old cheif of police after meeting him at a bipartisan political dinner party. i know all about warrants and have witnessed them carried out on drugbusts ive seen at school. 2 in particular that i remeber, 1 in my parking lot hen the guy was running, the other near my friends house. it was out for 2 months before that according to the story, they just busted him on that day, unfortunate coincidence, or he was id'd after someone saw him freaking, i dunno, there may have been no warrant, that could be an embelishment, i already admitted i dont know how much is true and how much is beefed up. and the person ive bought off of the 1st times i did it had never tried acid before, and he used to sell coke and had never tried that, he only blazed smoked opium, opium very rarely, both of which he also sold. i knwo many people who sell drugs that have never tried em, i knew lots way back in highschool that sold weed without ever smoking. and i know peopl who sell e and coke to this day that have never tried their shit, 1 of the people tried e for the 1st time 2 months ago when he got pure molly, the rest still havent, including 1 who just got arrested about 20-30 days ago, who also had a warant out, i know that cause a foaf worked at the club with him where he sold it and got busted, i was reading the ims on my friends comp when the kid got off of work. i expect the flaws cause like i said, i dont know how much is true, but like i said, man is in a nut house after being arrested for selling and was tripping at the time and freaked out, thats all i know to be 100%, the rest is hearsay. and even heavily experienced people have bad trips and get dissociated. nothing here at all is impossible, let alone improbable

OfflineKras
Male User Gallery

#3606152 - 01/10/05 12:05 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Ok
1) There where few guys that thought that they where having cocaine and used over 4000 doses of LSD. The fact is that there is a limit of the intensity of the trip - anything above it and you fall faint. Besides they had enough acid for a long time - those guys where just fine (mentaly and physicaly)
2) I've heard that Hoffman (or maybe Leary?) had a bath full of acid :wink:
3) I've heard somewhere that you need LSD combined with something (or in the proper form) to trip while touching your skin.
4) I think that those stories are just made up by guys who have freaked out of thier true self while tripping and are spreading lies...

--------------------
enjoy life!

Offlineempnero
DistortedPercetion

Re: LSD Question [Re: Kras]
    #3606316 - 01/10/05 12:37 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

ive seen reports of that before, with the crystals, their eyes got all bulged and they simply passed out. #2 is a bit surprising, but reasonably beliveable. i guess #3 could be true, haven heard it though, i know liquid acid and blotters are effective that way, thats all i know of, all ive seen. and
"4) I think that those stories are just made up by guys who have freaked out of thier true self while tripping and are spreading lies... "
thats more than likely, infact id be willing to bet that youre right. all i was doing was reapeting something i heard form numerous people, confirming a similar story, one of wich i am very close with, who is my fraternal brother for life (actually another is an alum, i dont know him well though), closer than my real family and when someone says "which is highly unlikely considering people told you this" i take that as an insult to them, especially when theyre bein pompus and all knowing to me, so i have to defend him, because i am and will always be there for him whether it means defending his account, bailing him out of jail, taking him to the hospital or carrying his coffin. if it wasnt for the above i wouldve left this thread alone and shut my mouth and let people think what they want. Kras, i concede that youre prob right, and the 'dealer' may have conjured that story and told that to the doctors and in group, or some of it maybe true, i dunno. all 2nd hand info and i cant confirm it other than what ive been told. that being said, im done with this particular thread, it no longer exists are far as im concerend, no response to me is required or even worth typing, think what you want of the stories, my friends and me, i dont care. so everyone, have a nice day, and think happier thoughts than freaking out, please. its not common and there are more myths than real stories about it.
Happy Tripping!

OfflineKras
Male User Gallery

#3607143 - 01/10/05 08:44 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Hey! Don't take it personal... Sorry to insult you - I never wanted to...

--------------------
enjoy life!

Offlinedigitalcube
would u likesome dolphinsafe tuna
 User Gallery

Loc: la
Re: LSD Question [Re: Kras]
    #3607829 - 01/10/05 01:15 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i remember rollin on some mescaline tabs and having bad shit goin on in my life at the time and i flipped out talking about killin myself thinking people were coming to kill me and i was trippin and rollin nuts flippin out yellin and shit so ya u gotta be carefull and i remember my brain being fucked for a whole week after that stuck on the stuff i thought about that nite

--------------------

OfflineJTHM
Stranger of theLand
Re: LSD Question [Re: digitalcube]
    #3608764 - 01/10/05 04:21 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

what about the side-effect of acid being stored in your spine? isnt that for life? flashbacks?

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Loc: California
    #3609231 - 01/10/05 06:11 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

JTHM said:
what about the side-effect of acid being stored in your spine? isnt that for life? flashbacks?

MYTHS. Quit fucking spreading misinformation >_<. I can't believe I sat through this thread and you just keep on coming with it...

Erowid - LSD FAQ
Quote:

LSD does not form "crystals" that reside in the body to be "dislodged"
later, causing flashbacks. LSD is a crystalline solid (though it is
unlikely that one would ever have enough to be visible to the naked
eye) but it is easily water soluble, thus cannot form bodily
deposits. Furthermore, it is metabolized and excreted in hours. The
bogus "loosened crystal" description in not necessary to explain
flashbacks, which are psychological phenomena (see FLASHBACKS).

LSD does not cause chromosome damage.

Take some time to educate yourself.

[edit]To be fully clear, flashbacks aren't a myth, but you can get flashbacks from ANY intense emotional experience (read the FAQ, I'm tired of typing at you)[/edit]

--------------------
delta9

Edited by delta9 (01/10/05 06:16 PM)

OfflineJTHM
Stranger of theLand
Re: LSD Question [Re: delta9]
    #3609532 - 01/10/05 07:14 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

if you would quit flaming and actually read the posts...i was asking you all so i could get some information. dont act like a kid. question marks after all sentences/words. i was asking for confirmation on the things i heard.

OfflineJTHM
Stranger of theLand
    #3609556 - 01/10/05 07:19 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i would also like to know what acid can be or is commonly laced with, if anything. what are the side-effects of those? once again, just asking. dont flame me.

InvisibleTremor1127
Mental Member
Male

Loc: In a Van Down By the Rive...
Re: LSD Question [Re: Noetical]
    #3609576 - 01/10/05 07:23 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

noeticbuzz said:
I remember a friend of mine telling me he won't do acid because he dosn't want to end up thinking he can fly and jump off of something, I probed further and found out that is what happened to his dad.

well, thats a different story, if you do lsd and think you can fly and find out the hard way then you are just a retard...

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom