Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineNeverme
Stranger
Need help and or advice please, please.
    #3598474 - 01/08/05 03:06 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Ok so about a month ago I took about 8 - 10 HBWS and I had a shtie trip, I had sever anxiety, and paniced alot. So it past and it was grand the next day and the next day etc. But last night as I was going to bed I was feeling abit under the weather mood wise, over silly things like Girl friend etc. So as I was going to sleep I got myself in a good mood, but then directly after that as I was relaxing in bed, I started thinking of the bad trip I had. Now ive thought of it before and it has had no such effect on me, but for some reason last night, just by thinking of it it brought back a milder but still heafty enough feeling of anxiety.. I became seriously sleepless, so decided to get up. Went downstairs and had some hot milk, I was still edgy, worried and scared as to why this was happening. I decided to go back upstairs and try to get to sleep, but I was still very anxious, and panicish. Eventually I got to sleep. However, when I woke up I still felt very uneasy, and not comfotable at all. Went downstairs and had breakfast, and talked to parents and sister, just normaly, but I still didnt feel right, and was adgitated. Ive spent all day, in a simular but not as intense feeling of anxiousness. I'd really like to know what this is.

I have been reading on the net about Anxiety Disorders etc. and I seem to have the physical symptoms, but they seem to say, that you worry about different things all the time, but thats not what im worried about, I cant actually pin point what It is im worried about. I've also read on these forms of anxiety and panic attacks during the trip etc, but nothing ever after it. Just to add, since the bad trip, I lead a pritty normal life, no anxiousness at all, felt like normal and quite happy, and at times, as mostly everybody does, slighty depressed but nothing major. It only came about last night when thinking of the trip, and it was like I made it happen. However I cant seem to get rid of it fully now. Its been about 30 hours since its started.

Is this something serious? Or is it just a temporary things? What should I do if I find I cant sleep again to night? Is the hallucigenic to blame for this? Please help, thanks.

p.s As far as I know, I have not ever suffered from a mental illness, I am generaly a happy person, and have never been on any anti-d's or anything. I am adopted though, and do not know of heriditory illness's.

Thanks again.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous #1

Re: Need help and or advice please, please. [Re: Neverme]
    #3598520 - 01/08/05 03:13 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Rough trips can lead to post traumatic stress disorder symptoms. Its completely normal after a hard psychedelic experience. It will likely pass with time, for now you should research niacinamide, a natural supplement to ease anxiety. I used it successfully after a particularly draining experience a couple years back. Even if you opt not to use it, you can accelerate your recovery through meditation.

Niacinamide can help when you get panic attacks like you had last night. What you are feeling is normal, and you will overcome it with time.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
    #3598608 - 01/08/05 03:26 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

The worst thing you can do at this point is worry about your condition.  What you are going thru is normal, ive had somthing similar and it passes.  Just keep strong and ride thru it :smile:.  Try and keep your mind occupied with a hobby or other things if you start to dwell on it.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Loc: Under The Bodhi Tree
    #3598820 - 01/08/05 04:22 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Their just thoughts, recognise them as such and they will lose there power instantly. Apply this to any thought or feelings of anxiety with a little dissasociation and the effects with be instantanious and liberating. Soon you will have complete control over your stateof mind!

--------------------

OfflineNeverme
Stranger
Re: Need help and or advice please, please. [Re: Sinbad]
    #3599025 - 01/08/05 05:09 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Listen lads, thanks a million for that it has setteled me down a little. So is it ok to assume this should go away, im still kinda edgy at the moment. I do realise what your saying though, that they are only thoughts. But what I find odd is that when I thought of it that it resulted in such an intense "Fight or Flight" reaction, as oppossed to any other time I thought of it. Then again, I havent been getting alot of excersise latly, and have been under some what good amount of stress college work, and expectations. Is it possible these kind of things could have triggered these feelings. Also I read somewhere that LSD like substances move the neurotranimitters or something like that when you take them, and that your brain may try to fix them by doing stuff like this?

Really what I need is reasurance that nothing is very wrong with me, as I said before I have not previously had any mental health issues.

To Organic: You say post tramatic stress disorder symptoms, but not actually aquiring PTSD?

To Baraka: How was your experience like in realtion to this, did you come through ok?

What should I do for trying to get to sleep tonight, I do not have acces to niacinamide tonight, and I do not have any sleeping pills.

Thanks again.

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

#3599072 - 01/08/05 05:18 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Always take comfort in impermenance man, dont sweat it, all expriences are equal in that they all die in silence.

Man your fine, you always have been and always will be, you have nothing to worry about, we all expreince anxiety from time to time, take it as a sign that you need to relax and loosen up more.

If your working to hard rewmeber that your working to live not living to work! Excercise is good for the body, reading and relaxing is good for the mind, and taking time out to be with yourself is essential.

Have a cup of tea!  :wink:

P.S No T.V half an hour before bed, Just relax in silence, that always works for me. My mind gets bored and wants to sleep :smile:

--------------------

OfflineNeverme
Stranger
    #3602402 - 01/09/05 08:49 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Last night wasnt as bad as the night before, though I did feel very restless. I eventually fell asleep, but woke in the night needing to go to the toilet. When I woke, i felt completely normal, and was delighted, went to the toilet. When I came back to go to bed though, i started to feel very strange again in the head, dizzyness and stuff. Eventually I feel asleep again, I woke up this morning, and again felt perfectly normal, and was delighted, but then soon again I felt the anxiousness come back again. As I got up I had to go to mass with dad, and i felt very anxious about going. But headed on straight into it, it wasnt that I was afraid of it or anything, but I just couldnt feel normal. When I was there i wasnt feeling any more anxious and it seemed pritty normal, but I was still oddly on edge. Now im at home, and have managed to do my essay, and feel a good bit more relaxed but still not fully right.

Am I allright in saying this is a phase? I know its what you seem to be saying, but I'm constantly getting this anxious feeling about it not being temporary, a kind of paranoia.

Support is greatly welcome :P
Thanks again.

OfflineNeverme
Stranger
    #3604435 - 01/09/05 06:40 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Ok, just an update,

... is anybody out there :frown: ?

Anyways, today like i said I went to mass kind of anxious etc. Later on anyways I was heading back to college from home, as I was going in the car with dad, I was feeling anxious about getting over anxious on the bus trip down. But luckily one of my friends was going with me. When we got on the bus and started talking I felt pritty much fine, all the way down. I even left my jacket in the station at home and didnt get all worried when we got to the other side of the country. However I still seem a little anxious about going to college tomorrow or going to sleep tonight.

I must also add that ive given up smoking and weed in the last few weeks. I'm just wondering since ive read around on the net that anxiousness is part of the withdrawing sypmtoms of both of these, and also that anxiounsess may occur after stoping the use of lsd?

Can i be optimistic in saying that this will fade away? I feel anxious mostly because i think im going to panic in certain places, ie. the mass or the bus, but i dont actually end up panicing, just feeling very worried.

Advice needed, and appriciated. Thanks.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
    #3607218 - 01/10/05 11:20 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I had a spout of feeling very similar to yours. Oddly enough what broke it for me was meeting up with some girl when i cam back to my home town and we hit it off good. I just stopped thinking about it.

I can tell your compacting your anxiety by worrying about it. Best i can tell you is that it will fade, it did for me and just not worryabout it. Looking back at my situation my main problem was worryign about my mental sanity when i was just coming to grips with the most powerful expierence ive had in my life.

For me i smoked herb thru it. Some times it would make things worse others help me stay distracted from the thoughts.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

#3608000 - 01/10/05 04:04 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah man its just a phase, relax, in fact i had a similar experience last night, and felt like i was losing my mind.

But its over now, and im fine today. You can always take comfort in the fleeting nature of any experience.

--------------------

OfflineNeverme
Stranger
    #3608878 - 01/10/05 06:48 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

yea thanks lads, today i was well worried going into a class this morning, and had to go home after it and chill out, then got worried about a class at 5. but when I went to it i was fine, not worried at all, and funny u should mention about a girl, because there is this girl I like/know and she was at it, and it was very relaxing. I still feel a bit anxious, but its fading away more and more every day i think. Thanks again lads.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being