Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTimeTraveler
Another

Loc: I'm right here.
Anxiety!!
    #2979316 - 08/08/04 10:37 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Hello again, shroomerites. I once again call upon your advice regarding a problem i've had off and on for the last year or so.

I am totally anxiety-stricken. I am reduced to the point of a conspiritorial, insecure child who questions every one of his own actions and the actions of those around him. I make up scenarios about how people are actually masking their true intentions by lying to me in order to persuade me to think how they want me to. What the living fuck is wrong with me? Do I need medication? Are any of you guys like this? any feedback would be most graciously appreciated.

I thank you.

--------------------
The air is cut with cyanide.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleFungushungry
Addict

Loc: Whispering Winds
Re: Anxiety!! [Re: TimeTraveler]
    #2979410 - 08/08/04 11:08 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I had a bad anxiety attack and been dealing with it forever so im gettin help fuck it.. anxiety blows kills your whole social life i just wanna hide in my room.. Go see a doc and get some meds.. Thats what im goin to be doin ill let ya know if it helps me

--------------------
"Early man walked away
As modernman took control
There mind's weren't all the same
And to conquer was their goal
So he built his great empire
And he slaughtered his own kind
He died a confused man
And killed himself in his own mind"

OfflineUncleMike
Visionary
Male

Loc: S.W. Virginia
    #2980650 - 08/09/04 08:19 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Yes it sounds like you have a chemical inbalance. Make an appointment with your doctor and discuss the problem with him. he will know which treatment you need to seek.

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ny/europe/other
    #2980753 - 08/09/04 09:53 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, go see a doctor or psychiatrist. I've had some horrid anxiety in the past and I still have it to some degree but it's more under control than it used to be now. I can definitely relate though and mine can still get triggered in certain situations as well. I've been on meds in the past that have helped but I'm not on any currently, though I may have to again at some point.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

OfflineAsanteA
flip-flop magician
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
    #2981757 - 08/09/04 03:26 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Hmm lemme at it..

Last year, on and off 
sounds to me like it is psychological, which is good news.

If you use psychedelics (Major psychedelics are Mushrooms, LSD etc, Minor psychedelics are Ecstasy and analogs and Mild psychedelics basically is Cannabis) it can be that you've aquired flashbacks.
Flasbacks usually follow after an unusually difficult trip (usually a Major psychedelic in high dose) and basically are a state where you're uneasily settling into a new state of mind with the unpleasant part being the most notable thing. Typical flasbacks mean that you're quite rousable: Bambi can make you burst out in tears, Calvin & Hobbes makes you roar with laughter, small setbachs or petty negative responses of others get blown into abysomal misery.
Flashbacks are off-on things that usually smoothen out and require a cool accepting attitude and basic trust, but its hard.

Next stop are the anxiety/mood disorders. Off-On for a year would likely classify if it were a main feature. Nasty stuff, usually best cured with good CBT (Cognitive Behavior Therapy not the naughty CBT)
anxiety disorders are the fad among doctors right now and i think some are overzealous in those diagnoses. (remember doctors can be great but they can suck horribly at their job: choose a good one)

Now as for your scenarios..
These scenarios strike me as paranoid ones. Don't go through the roof, ballistic paranoia need not be associated with psychosis or schizophrenia and the on/off is far better usually as a solid year's stretch. Paranoia can be caused psychotic, flashback, anxiety disorders and common emotional turmoil.
It is a sign it runs deeper then a garden variety anxiety, so heed that!

Now the highly UNDERdiagnosed thing:
Personally I've got the conviction many so-called mental disorders are secondary psychologic problems stemming off a simple basis, clearest seen in Manic/Depressive (bipolar) disorder, but -not- the mood side of it.

I think that on a general neurologic way many people are on a slow burn or blazing in ways that need not show up on a scan. There is an obvious variance as with everything, but quite some people may simply be out of sync. Too fiery may give overactive thoughts, euphoria, stress, anxiety and the like (such as a haywire brain which overfunctions, leading to overthinking and perhaps higher-then-average IQ if chronic) while a slow burn yields self-disappointment, lack of mood (just that) and the like.
Some people just are susceptible to getting out of sync more then others, I believe brain activity/mind activity clashes cause the bulk of mind problems and should be targeted for research.

In your case: visit a doc for his opinion. I am no doctor nor am I licenced as a GP or other doc. Should it come to pharms realize ONE thing, as most doctors completely misunderstand that issue:
If the root is ANXIETY (psychological fear) the usual Valium-likes are a good choice, but they -will- addict you in the long run and cause withdrawal symptoms. These are the *minor tranquilizers*

The other kind are, ofcourse, the *major tranquilizers* Now these are usually given only in high doses in case of psychosis which is very unfortunate. The prototype of the "classic neuroleptics" is Haldol/Haloperidol which is, contrary to lore, one of the best mind-medicines that exists today.

What the Majors do is *tone down overall brain activeness* which is just the thing in the neurological excitation situations I described before. They tend to decrease excitation, anxiety, the number of (simultaneous) thoughts one has and the frequency of thought-jumps made.

They are notorious for causing quite unplesant and at times quite worrisome side-effects but this is a dose thing. Psychosis is usually treated with 2-20mg Haldol a day. In non-psychotic cases I am talking about some 0.5-2mg a day, which, 5-20x lower in dose, clearly takes care of nearly all side effects in most and in all doses these substances are non-addictive.
In a dose of say 1mg/day most people notice after some adjustment to it little more effects then a dose-dependent lessening of inner activity.

Just like Ritalin excites "normals" and calms "hyperactives" a dose of Haldol dulls "normals" but it is known to actually increase productivity and even IQ scores or euphoria in those hampered by an overexcited brain and as for me this is a clear sign of -true- medicines: detrimental to the healthy but beneficial to those with the appropriate problem.

If the core of your problem leads to inner dialog like:
"OMG! I'm so scaaaared!" then its usually Valium while
"STFU! Chill the -fuck- out dammit" is a job best left to Haldol.
Personally I'd say Valium feels more pleasant (addictive drug) whereas low Haldol keeps working for decades if you need that and is non-addictive with in the 0.5-2mg low dose range few side effects.

Some people are depressed most of the time. (slow burn)
I myself tend to the sliightly manic :grin: most of the time (blazing) with sometimes appalling euphoria but a tendency to be less accessible/plain annoying when a particularly pronounced joy&drive day clashes with other people's temperaments (which -sucks-even though it might sound desirable, most people suffer waaay too much and often unneccesary, that stabs me severely)

I'm no stranger to Valium and Haldol. When just sleepless or nervous a Valium is just the thing, but when 'the natives are restless' i could eat 30mg of Valium and be excited right through sedation, but if i ram it with half a tab of blue Haldol (2.5mg) i calm down, get no side effects but lack of excitement and am balanced after one or a few nudges like that for (pharmless) months on end. Currently i've re-entered 1mg a day and plan to taper to 0.5mg daily after the waves slow in the two months to come to prevent my occasional crazed outbursts of thrill and chill to a more balanced state of wellness, mostly to tone down the WOW to a less annoying level :crazy2:

My General Practitioner has full faith in "his favorite druggie" as to knowledge and management of pharms and i can basically do what i want as to dose or regimen of even the scheduled addictive valium analog. My recommendation to let people in bad trips & panics chew a good oral benzodiazepine and hold under the tongue for rapid sublingual absorption in cases he was called on emergencies has prevented ER admissions in his patients and he passed it on to other GPs :grin:

But, dont doctor on yourself and VISIT A DOC.
I am not professionally trained for medical advice.
I'm NO doctor nor can i or will i take that responsibility.
But heed my warning that it's likely more then just anxiety and perhaps importantly much more. Act on it now that its relatively fresh, it can be tough but quite OK but only a doc can decide.
Don't worry, just act in due time.

Remember to come clean (of drugs) as you may get a bloodtest as part of a physical, the DEA eagerly throws in drug tests whenever they get the chance and -don't- mention druguse to anyone but the docter that you trust over years -after- a Hippocratic promise not to file or write down what you will say. After the passing of one legislative fart after another you USA people are not in Kansas anymore :sad:

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

OfflineTimeTraveler
Another

Re: Anxiety!! [Re: Asante]
    #2983623 - 08/09/04 11:29 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Wiccan,

Dude, thanks for all that info. How do you know so much about all this stuff...I gathered that you either have had treatment for said mental states or you just know a lot about them. In any event, thanks a lot...Its giving me food for thought, which is good.

To everyone else, thanks for reading. Its kinda wierd posting personal stuff about my sulf on an internet site, but i trust that there are many like minded indivuals who won't judge and could actually help me. Thanks.

As for my mental state, i think today was off and on. Part of the time ok, part of the time a nervous wreck...Do you think coffee will affect the nervousness and constant worry? Seems logical that it would.

Anywho, "special cookies" are kicking in, I need to go occupy my mind now

Peace.

--------------------

Anonymous #1

#2986222 - 08/10/04 03:53 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I used to feel exactly like you. I took anti-crazy meds and I'm okay now, although I no longer have feelings, emotions, or feel a meaning to live.

OfflineRedo
CTA

#2989362 - 08/11/04 03:26 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Wiccan, it struck me as an social anxiety disorder with paranoia as well, more on the skizophrenia side.

I believe this Time because of your thoughts on how others are controlling you, could be bi-skitzoid or skitzophrenia, both which would explain social anxiety. And psychedelic use would have a huge impact on its severity, even if you noticed nothing too odd before use of these drugs.

However, going to a doctor and getting presribed xanax or valium wont do the trick, a more permanent solution is needed. For more serious problems that dont go buy the medical books you really need a pshyciatrist that is at the head of their field at a major institution, or you will find yourself drug hopping from drug to drug with no explanation about anything that is going on other then basic DSM-IV documentation.

OfflineAsanteA
flip-flop magician
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
    #2990102 - 08/11/04 09:19 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

REDO: hey schizophrenia is a bit of a buzzword for most laymen and unfortunately even professionals. It's a bit like saying 'bubonic plague' as to social stigma.

If the nature of it were of a psychotic nature i'd want to rule out poison ivy rash (psychotic decompensation) then to think of mustard gas burns (chronic psychotic syndrom/schizophrenia) just yet.

We're mature adults playing with powerful hallucinogens which used to be called "psychotomimetics" meaning the effect of the psychedelic state often is reminiscent of psychosis and its to be expected and accepted that a healthy candidate will have his turmoil moments between sessions where troubled waters and psychedelic waves can amplify to tsunamis of frightening scope yet brief duration.

TimeTraveller:
MOVE AWAY FROM THE COFFEE MACHINE AND KEEP YOUR HANDS WHERE I CAN SEE EM! seriously: caffeine is oned of the major undiagnosd causes of anxiety, stress and sleeplesness. Most people have no idea what it does to them but if you know what to look for you can see a cup take effect in even seasoned cappuchino veterans :smirk:
Decaf actually grows on you after a few weeks!

I do got some probs, but luckily not the whole list of possibilities LOL! I really took quite some time in studying biology, biochemistry, chemistry and all sorts of medical/pharmacological stuff for half my life as a non-structured hobby.
I'm a dyed in the wool psychedelics user who wants to know it all.:grin: One does crossword puzzles, I do science puzzling as a hobby.

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

OfflineTimeTraveler
Another

#3002893 - 08/14/04 01:11 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Heheh, I'll take the "no coffee" situation into consideration.  As for schizofrenia(too lazy to spell correctly), I don't think thats what it is, but I guess since its me that has the problem, I wouldnt recognize anyway.

I am getting health insurance soon because i'm finally getting my ass into college, so i'm gonna visit a shrink and have them crack my head open, so to speak, to see whats going on in there.

Redo:  The last time I tripped on mushies was over a year ago, and I havent enjoyed them in over 2 years.  I think my anxiety carries over into the trip, and I see horrible images and imagine crazy things when i close my eyes.  Its like I'm riding a motorcycle and I'm constantly falling off, knowing that I'm going to come crashing down onto moving pavement but having no way to hold on to steady myself(when tripping, not sober)  So i've stayed away from everything but weed for the last year or so.  Who knows..............

Thanks again guys, you all rule :smile:

-T

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being