Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Polypropylene Grow Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
OfflineMickel
enthusiast
Best drug for social anxiety (help please)
    #1473375 - 04/19/03 02:10 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Let me tell you a little about my problem. When i am around other people I just can't think about what their talking about all I think about is how i am going to react which is bad, and makes me not listen to anything their saying. I say very little (which I really hate becasue I know i can talk a whole lot) around people and am unable to express my real emotions. I have been working out non - stop for the last couple of days which is nice. i have been on Paxil which has had me feeling a bit better but i stopped that and now i am on niacinamide. is it true that I should take 4 pills a day of that for anxiety? I am only taking one but I still get that really nervous feeling.
I just want to stop this anxiety and start being me again. so I am asking you, from what I have written about my anxiety which group of anti-depressants or something different is right for me? Maybe you have been in my shoes before and could name something that has helped you out.
Thanks a lot.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous #1

Re: Best drug for social anxiety (help please) [Re: Mickel]
    #1473453 - 04/19/03 02:48 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

xanax

OfflineMickel
enthusiast
Re: Best drug for social anxiety (help please) [Re: ]
    #1473479 - 04/19/03 02:56 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

what about valium would that change how i look at things differently even when I'm not on it?

OfflineDellComputers
Bluntman

#1473573 - 04/19/03 03:29 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

smoke some weed around people a few times and let yourself go..then ull realize all your doing is having a conversation,no pressure, and you wont need any drugs

--------------------
:stash: + :bong: = :smile:

OfflineMickel
enthusiast
Re: Best drug for social anxiety (help please) [Re: DellComputers]
    #1473589 - 04/19/03 03:38 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

No actullay weed makes me more paranoid. I have smoked weed almost everyday for 2 years. When I am around people is when my anxiety gets the worst especially when I am smoking weed. I can't let go when everything is making me paranoid I need some sort of drug but don't know which one to choose.

Anonymous #1

#1473759 - 04/19/03 04:41 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I used to be the same way a couple years ago so I know where you're coming from. I never took any prescription antidepressants, but I have used DXM in low doses for my anxiety to much success. I started smoking weed to lower my anxiety (someone's advice to me) but like you, all it did was make me feel ten times worse to be around other people. These days things are different for me, I have very little to no anxiety. It disappeared in a matter of months thanks to DXM. Now I can talk to anyone and do just about anything without feeling nervous. I can even go out in public stoned (*gasp*) and strike up a conversation with a stranger without a second thought. I recommend trying DXM at least once to see if it helps.

InvisibleAnand
AutisticShroomer
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The netherlands
    #1473902 - 04/19/03 05:49 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

well i'm a somewhat Autistic guy.... i'm not social and i've never been Really social (internet = my social life) but had some anti-depressants and it never helped me...

weed got me more depressed than before but shrooms helped me some what i'm more social now but still don't talk much in groups

OfflineMickel
enthusiast
Re: Best drug for social anxiety (help please) [Re: Anand]
    #1473916 - 04/19/03 05:57 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

yeah dude i actually drank a bottle of Robo five times. I actually was doing it before school so I would be more social. That's sad. All it did was make me sick and I eventually threw up in school becasue of it. I did try it once at night and I was really social and felt like I could talk to anyone so it did help. I don't really like to drink that shit but can't you get it in powder or pills? I also did it again at night and did nothing except make the tv seem like it was right in front of my face when actuallty it was 10 feet away.

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
    #1474224 - 04/19/03 08:10 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I went and saw a psychologist 3 times over three months and that rid me of my social anxiety. I find if I am anxious weed is the worst. That psychologist I saw actually does therapy by email! I don't know what that would be like, but I can see you could do it, because most of the benefit come from homework he gives you which you do by yourself. His name is dr ross menzies if you wanted to try that.

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

OfflineMickel
enthusiast
Re: Best drug for social anxiety (help please) [Re: enotake2]
    #1474235 - 04/19/03 08:15 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

how do I get a hold of his website or whatever? Help me out here

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

#1474261 - 04/19/03 08:25 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Here you go.:) He's really good.

http://www.rossmenzies.com/

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

InvisibleThe_Clash_UK
Day Tripper
Loc: UK
    #1475761 - 04/20/03 06:32 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

People are telling you to smoke weed.
I say try alcohol. I get oaranoid around others when im stonned, but drinking im more social.

--------------------
Crash a cig guvnor?

OfflineMickel
enthusiast
Re: Best drug for social anxiety (help please) [Re: The_Clash_UK]
    #1476473 - 04/20/03 01:02 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

No shit but alcohol lasts for 2 hours and I have no way of getting it becasuse I am under age. You gotta think about these things

OfflineJordo
Psychonaut
Male

Loc: USA
    #1477433 - 04/20/03 08:29 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, Mickel, I have the same problem as you. It's very annoying and really takes control of your life. I have tried everything except for benzo's such as Xanax or Valium. I have heard good things about Xanax but it can also be addicting which would not be good.

I tried DXM once and now that I think of it it did make me really relaxed. Maybe I will try that some time for out in public. Thanks for the tip!

OfflineMickel
enthusiast
    #1479677 - 04/21/03 05:09 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I used to be the same way a couple years ago so I know where you're coming from. I never took any prescription antidepressants, but I have used DXM in low doses for my anxiety to much success. I started smoking weed to lower my anxiety (someone's advice to me) but like you, all it did was make me feel ten times worse to be around other people. These days things are different for me, I have very little to no anxiety. It disappeared in a matter of months thanks to DXM. Now I can talk to anyone and do just about anything without feeling nervous. I can even go out in public stoned (*gasp*) and strike up a conversation with a stranger without a second thought. I recommend trying DXM at least once to see if it helps.

How much DXM did you drink a day/week

OfflineJordo
Psychonaut
Male

#1482376 - 04/22/03 12:35 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, Max, I would be interested in knowing the same as what Mickel is asking. Thanks!

Offlinethe free thinker
salesman
Male User Gallery

Loc: twin cities
Re: Best drug for social anxiety (help please) [Re: Jordo]
    #1483410 - 04/22/03 05:51 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I definitly would NOT reccommend DXM for social anxiety... that's a fucking joke.

--------------------

OfflineMickel
enthusiast
Re: Best drug for social anxiety (help please) [Re: the free thinker]
    #1483428 - 04/22/03 05:56 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

tell me why? then I will not call you fucking insane

OfflineBlowMiNose
Some rise, Somefall, Some climb

Loc: The Dirty South...
    #1483642 - 04/22/03 07:01 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

DXM is not very good for you. I find it a lil more social than other psychedelics (in lower doses), but don't abuse it too much...

--------------------
***--- Have You Opened Your Third eye?! ---***
      :::disclaimer:::this stuff was done in my dreams

OfflineJordo
Psychonaut
Male

Re: Best drug for social anxiety (help please) [Re: BlowMiNose]
    #1485191 - 04/23/03 02:41 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Don't you think that DXM used in a lower dose would cause relaxation and sedation enough to help with anxiety? When I tried some I wasn't looking for hallucinations and I ended up smiling and calm for a good 5-6 hours off an above normal but low dose. I am sure it is not good for you in the long run but it may help in some cases. Anywho... What dosage do you recommend, Mickel?

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
    #1485195 - 04/23/03 02:44 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

alcohol....obviously.

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
    #1485203 - 04/23/03 02:51 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

go get some xanax. I stopped smoking weed cuz of anxiety caused by it. DXM... ugh Idk I couldn't carry a solid conversation with you for longer than 5 seconds if I were robotrippin. It'd kill the anxiety for sure but make you pretty useless(disabled)

Xanax 2mg all the way. Shit, take half so you won't black out later on. Or get prescribed to it, it's a lot cheaper than buying it $3-5 a pop.

A couple drinks are good here n there. Getting drunk isn't my idea of fun but to the point where I can't walk normal is good. I tend to have a lot of fun that way rather than stumbling around in a dizzy frenzy of confusion and unbalance.

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

Edited by Cracka_X (04/23/03 02:53 AM)

Offlineatomikfunksoldier

Re: Best drug for social anxiety (help please) [Re: Cracka_X]
    #1485240 - 04/23/03 03:21 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

heres an idea, instead of relying on foreign chemicals, conquer your anxiety with your mind! its easy, self-confidence and self-actualization are attainable by anyone, start skateboarding, that will help your self-confidence.

--------------------

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
    #1485253 - 04/23/03 03:49 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

i cant belive nobody mentiond mdma. i use to have the same problem then i tried mdma with a group of ppl and compleatly let go.you dont have to use it every time you want to be social.but only do it a couple of times to get over your anxiety.like i gave my self tasks first i did it with my friends.then with a group of complete strangers i met at a festival.one on one with a girl at a party. then i went to a mall with the objective to just walk up to a complete stranger and become friends.i did this twice once with this group of pot heads then with a girl. these are things i would have never done. if you do this within a short period of time your confidence will go way up and you will realize that you have nothing to be afraid of and just make sure you dont get isolated again. then do what atomicfunksoldier said thats good advice learn to play an instrument,exercise,read.whatever does it for you .also make sure that you get pure mdma molly powder.

Edited by mindcandy (04/23/03 03:53 AM)

InvisibleCracka_X
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Best drug for social anxiety (help please) [Re: atomikfunksoldier]
    #1485311 - 04/23/03 05:28 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

heres an idea, instead of relying on foreign chemicals, conquer your anxiety with your mind! its easy, self-confidence and self-actualization are attainable by anyone, start skateboarding, that will help your self-confidence.

Yea, that's true. If you suck ass at skateboarding like me, do some other sport. Shit, sports are the shit if you like one. Being athletic beats being a burnout. Drugs can only make you feel so good.

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
a man is loath to go

InvisibleCracka_X
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Best drug for social anxiety (help please) [Re: buckwheat]
    #1485313 - 04/23/03 05:32 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

you will realize that you have nothing to be afraid

EXACTLY!!!!!!! X taught me that too. You've prolly realized it too but don't remember. Just try it, you've got NOTHING TO LOSE. Life is all about going out and living it and learning from mistakes. Nobody got the way they did just like that.

BULLSHIT is an aspect of life, LEARN IT.

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
a man is loath to go

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Re: Best drug for social anxiety (help please) [Re: Cracka_X]
    #1485349 - 04/23/03 06:42 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Benzos are addictive, and when you try to come off you have double the anxiety during the withdrawal. Doctors recommend that people don't use them for longer than 4 weeks. Long term use leads to brain atrophy, cognitive changes, personality changes, and may also lead to depression. Personally, I think therapy is the way to go. That way, you get rid of it rather than just masking the symptoms. I found a list of all the possible long term changes.

drowsiness;
lack of motivation;
difficulty thinking clearly;
memory loss;
personality change;
changes in emotional responses;
anxiety;
irritability;
aggression;
difficulty sleeping;
disturbing dreams;
nausea;
headaches;
skin rash;
menstrual problems;
sexual problems;
greater appetite;
weight gain;
increased risk of accidents; and
increased risk of falling over (older people).

--------------------

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Re: Best drug for social anxiety (help please) [Re: enotake2]
    #1485353 - 04/23/03 06:45 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I agree with the MDMA suggestion. Just don't overdo it.

--------------------

Anonymous #1

#1487174 - 04/23/03 06:29 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

You have to understand we're talking really low doses, barely enough to affect you let alone affect your motor skills. I take between 45 and 90mg, once a week or so, to get me in a social mood. That was all it took. DXM is a miracle for me, it helped me get over in 6 months the social anxiety I'd been battling for 20 years.

OfflineMickel
enthusiast
Re: Best drug for social anxiety (help please) [Re: Revelation]
    #1487182 - 04/23/03 06:32 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

You sure I should try mdma. I don't know what will happen. The only thing I'm scared about is when I come down I will be twice as depressed then just rely on x to get me freee from anxiety. Does x have long term advandages for me such as ridding away my anxiety and higher self confidence. hellllllllllpppppppp
I'm stonmed I can't write

Offlinetwisted

Loc: croatia
Re: Best drug for social anxiety (help please) [Re: DellComputers]
    #1488182 - 04/24/03 01:19 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

weed is not good for people with social anxiety,and selftretmant sucks

--------------------
Jesus! Did I say that?Or just think it? Was i talking ? Did they hear me?

http://www.fsre.org/

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
    #1488294 - 04/24/03 02:07 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

you should try it. i think ppl that get depresed when they come down are the ones that use it for recreationally.i never got depressed but i took one multi antioxidant before taking itand then vitamin c for two days.they really help here read this mdma and anti oxidants .mdma will just show you what a great person you really are and help you overcome you anxiety.however dont depend on it every time you want to be social.it will just break that cycle of anxety depresion and unsecurity and show you how great you are how great other people are and to not be afraid or have an infiriority complex it will just show the way its up to you to do the rest without it.id say do it once a month with a group of people that are possibly rolling to.because it is easy to forget overtime. do thing untill you are comfurtable in social situations but dont abuse it or your anxeity will get worse use it theraputally not reacreationally and be sure to take anti oxidants.peace

Anonymous #1

Post deleted by Anno [Re: buckwheat]
    #1489619 - 04/24/03 01:29 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

OfflineMickel
enthusiast
    #1490552 - 04/24/03 05:46 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

why's that. What will happen? I just wanna take X so I can be social again so what's wrong with that.

OfflineMickel
enthusiast
    #1490882 - 04/24/03 07:30 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I have social anxiety. Does Extasy help that?

Invisiblespud
I'm so fly.

#1492980 - 04/25/03 11:46 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

im to lazy to read your post bout if your just asking what drug is good for social anxiety i highly recommend xanax or clonazepam

OfflineMickel
enthusiast
    #1494348 - 04/25/03 08:33 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

You recommend drinking nasty ass cough syrup shit.

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
    #1495506 - 04/26/03 09:36 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

xanax helps..

--------------------
http://heffter.org

OfflineMickel
enthusiast
Re: Best drug for social anxiety (help please) [Re: motaman]
    #1495961 - 04/26/03 01:23 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

do you know where I can get some over the net

OfflineRustik
Where am I?

#1498161 - 04/27/03 03:09 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

rofl... Look man, if you have an anxiety problem, it will still be there no matter how many different drugs you are on.

The only way to cure a social anxiety problem is to directly approach it and just ignore it... Go out, do what you want, and don't worry about otherpeople or what they think. Fuck 'em.

I've been trying to do this for a long time now, for about 4 years I have been unable to much socializing because of anxiety. Just keep tryin', no matter how big of an ass you make of yourself.

I would not recommend drugs to solve your problem. Try going out when you are 100% sober and just do your best, it's all you can do. If you catch any static for being yourself, ignore it. People are people, and no matter what you do you will never be able to impress everyone. Just take it one day at a time, and do your best to have fun.

My problem is a little different than yours, in that I just don't like people in general. When i go out, I don't like to talk to people because I don't LIKE people. (I think) I don't really nkow what my problem is, to be honest, but I know the solution is NOT drugs.

--------------------

The blue... the blue!!!

OfflineMickel
enthusiast
Re: Best drug for social anxiety (help please) [Re: Rustik]
    #1501461 - 04/28/03 04:58 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for the good advice RUSTIK.

Offlineatomikfunksoldier

#1502204 - 04/28/03 08:36 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

man, you guys got to learn that drugs arent the answer to your problems, they will only compound them.

--------------------

OfflineRustik
Where am I?

#1502620 - 04/28/03 10:06 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

No problem Mickel.  Just keep in mind that drugs are fun, but that's all they are - they are NEVER the answer.  :smile: 

--------------------

The blue... the blue!!!

Offlinedrop
Stranger
Re: Best drug for social anxiety (help please) [Re: Rustik]
    #1506946 - 04/30/03 07:03 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Nice reply to the kids problem rustik

You dont need a recreational drug to magically cure you, do yourself a favor and go see a therapist. In a situation like this the potential to become addicted is higher. In the end it's your path to walk down, goodluck with it :wink:

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Best drug for social anxiety (help please) [Re: drop]
    #1507012 - 04/30/03 07:57 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Using drugs is completely the wrong approach.

Last december I got struck with Imminent Death Anxiety Syndrome: I got a heart infarction and ended up on the ICU ward. Several nights i came close to death & this resulted in severe anxiety bordering on panic whenever I got chestpain (Angina Pectoris). This aggrevated the heart symtoms. The docs gave me (no) shit so I decided I'd either accept a Benzo addiction by whipping out the Xanax stash or risk death by anxiety-aggrevated Angina Pectoris.
I chose the former.

Oh joy! little anxieties and when they struck just munch down on a 0.25mg tab and hold it under the tongue for some minutes as seen on bad trips. Well, fun months, but withdrawal was HELL!! A mere 3 x 0.25mg of Alprazolam/Xanax for two months and withdrawal was complete and utter Hell. The thrice-daily AP was gone but whenever it returned, anxiety flared up again. I had learned NOTHING.

Take this from me: COGNITIVE BEHAVIOR(AL) THERAPY. It's hard, real hard work but there's 75% chance to overcome or drastically reduce Social Anxiety Disorder within six months or so. And no drugs at all. Drugs are bandaids, CBT is a cure!
Do a websearch on it & seek therapist assistance. Group CBT usually is best.
When it comes to SAD, drugs really are poor substitutes for Cognitive Therapy.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
    #1539122 - 05/11/03 02:02 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Oxygen, man, trust me, you just can't get enough of it.

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
Re: Best drug for social anxiety (help please) [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #1545852 - 05/13/03 04:41 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Dont risk a benzo addiction, or use other drugs... I wish I had never started taking xanax, although it still helps me I will never know if I am combating rebound anxiety, the panic attacks, or GAD. I probably have twice the anxiety I had before, although it dissapears when I take a little pill. Waking up to withdrawl symptoms aint fun, and when you run out of pills you can bet it will be 200% worse than it has ever been. Although I have done the work of combating the fear and panic naturally, the addiction keeps it with me. Now that I have beat anxiety in my mind, I must beat it in my body by weening myself off the pills. This is not a fun or easy thing to do my friend.

Good luck, and for the love of god, dont become addicted to Xanax, you will regret it. You could try other drugs, but I would highly recommend that you keep away from the Xanax unless absolutly necessary (extreme feelings of panic in my case).

Social anxiety is something I would never suggest Xanax for. But then again I am no doctor, just someone who is living on the dark side of addiction.

--------------------
To give is to live...

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1545893 - 05/13/03 04:55 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Why do you want to use chemicals to suppress your internal issues? If you get your mind worked out on your own you won't have to worry about taking lame drugs that only shield the problem - you want to take pills your whole life?

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineMickel
enthusiast
Re: Best drug for social anxiety (help please) [Re: Strumpling]
    #1546221 - 05/13/03 06:44 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I would go see a therapist but its too hard to talk. umm...... shit i just got stoned I get high then anxiety would come. I always think about my problems and want a therapist or psychologists that I can talk to over the internet. MY head just goes blank can't remember shit when I'm actually there. ANybody have a link to ashitg over the net (psychologist, therapists or whatnot)

OfflineMickel
enthusiast
    #1546281 - 05/13/03 07:15 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i had some real hard trouble getting connected with dr. menzies. I clicked on the icon up came the outlook express and started writing the letter. One bar thing says subject, one says Cc: what the fuck is Cc: it's just there blank. Arn't I suppose to type my email address in the letter, maybe that's what Cc: is for?DR.MeNZIES email address byn the way. Anyways I just come on the intenet here and want to talk to a psychologist over the net. I just don't wanna deal with the fucking situation it's way to fucking sad, but I know I can get everything I want to be said over the iternet so please help me how to send him a letter p[lease./

OfflineSombie
Moonrock eater

Loc: Stafford, Virginia
    #1546291 - 05/13/03 07:20 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I used to have a slight social problem when I first moved here (new friends and shit) after the first time I tripped, it never bothered me again.

--------------------
"America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable." - Hunter S Thompson

Check out Agio

Follow my NFL Blog

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
    #1547178 - 05/14/03 12:58 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I just don't wanna deal with the fucking situation it's way to fucking sad

That is most of your problem right there. You want it to be gone, but you dont realize you must work to get anywhere. First turn around your attitude, and definetly dont try to hide from your problem with pills. To me your the exact same type of person that would end up in my situation.

In a way I know how you feel. I hated my anxiety so bad I would have taken anything or done anything I could to make it stop. It was hell, I couldnt smoke weed without almost instantaneous panic attacks, and I was an avid smoker back then. Then it started getting worse, even when I wouldnt smoke, it could hit me anywhere and any time. I went to the hospital several times not knowing what was wrong with me. When I got that first injection of Ativan it was great. Nothing mattered to me, and my panic was intantly gone. I was placed on many antidepressants with no luck. Tried Paxil, didnt work, then had horrible withdrawl symptoms that felt like miniature siezures, had to deal with them cold turkey. Then eventually I got the little orange (then blue) oval pills I am now phisically addicted to and my situation is far more worse off than it should have been. Now I am trying with all my might after 3 years of high doses to gradually taper my dosages down while at the same time trying to combat anxiety on my own. Its so hard when I feel the negative feelings coming on to keep myself from taking another piece. But I do it, and day by day im getting a little closer. Not only am I making progress with my addiction, I have also knocked the panic attacks out of my life. All I am left with now is rebound anxiety and withdrawl symptoms as I cope to normal dose levels. Eventually I will be rid of these evil things if things keep going as they have been but it is still a bit of a journey. I see it as a long road, but I am determined to reach its end, there can be no other way. I have seen the dark side of too many prescription pills, and I will try with everything I have to never end up in that place again.

Basically my point is you have to conquer this on your own as many others have said. It takes practice, you must endure pain and suffering. I would definetly try to get professional help if you dont think you can beat it alone, but that is the wrong attitude. You must keep a positive head, all I hear is you complaining. How about focusing on a good time when you had no social problems at all, remember how easy it was to carry on a conversation. Sometimes all it takes is a little motivation, and I believe you have it, but dont know how to use it. Gotta get it in gear bud.

Your not gonna get well just sitting there dwelling on everything that sucks about your situation.

--------------------
To give is to live...

OfflineSBTlauien
Stranger

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: Mickel]
    #1547422 - 05/14/03 04:34 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Invisiblebongster
gettin' started

Loc: Korea
Re: Best drug for social anxiety (help please) [Re: SBTlauien]
    #1547998 - 05/14/03 11:46 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Hey Mickel,

I think that you should listen to ATWAR's advice. A lot of anti-anxiety and anti-depressants have nasty side-effects and withdrawal. Have a look at a few internet sites dealing with the medical effects of stuff like Zoloft, Xanax, Valium, Prozac and the like. Weigh up the benefits/disadvantages and decide whether this is the course you wish to take. However, ANWAR is right - the first step is acknowledging that you have an anxiety problem that is not going to be resolved by drugs; or another pharmaceutical drug probably, in isolation.

There is no easy solution to psychological issues (you have to excuse my psychobabble - I'm a psych major). Confront your anxieties. Whoever mentioned CBT was also on the right track. A little research will show you that CBT generally has better outcomes clinically speaking than other methods for the general public (admitadly better in combination with pharmies!). This might be the course for you if you think you are unable to deal with these anxieties issues by yourself.

Don't get me wrong - I'm a fan (advocate?) of drugs. But using them recreationally in your situation I don't think will give you any great insights into your problem. Yes - E and certain others can break down your social anxiety temporarily and people have talked about having breakthroughs in problems with it -> but this was usually in a controlled setting with psychologists etc. See Swiss studies(?) for examples on the internet. I've found that when I had problems with depression, taking a shit load of drugs displaced the pain/problem, but it all came back hard core after 2 years when I got off everything, and I had forgotten basic social skills and how to interact with people 'normally' and so on. So yeh - it can compound your problem.

Anyway, sorry for the long rant. Best of luck with everything. PS There is some good advice on these boards - many people have and do currently experience the same problems. We're all human right.

Bongster

OfflineMickel
enthusiast
Re: Best drug for social anxiety (help please) [Re: bongster]
    #1548803 - 05/14/03 04:41 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Can you tell me how to get in contact with Dr.Menzies. The link is on the first page I just don't know what to do. Thanks for the help

OfflineMickel
enthusiast
    #1549509 - 05/14/03 10:04 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

can someone please answer my question please help me out here I want to talk to a therapist over the internet help me out please thanks

OfflinestraberyShRoOMCaKe
Loc: tHe LaNd 0f MiLk & H0neY
    #1551183 - 05/15/03 01:14 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I would first say to see a psych. and ask him/her about Paxil. Paxil is perscribed for social anxiety.

--------------------

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #1551631 - 05/15/03 03:26 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

man, you guys got to learn that drugs arent the answer to your problems, they will only compound them.

I'm so glad there is people saying this here. I mean if you can get better without using drugs you'll be FAR better off.

I think too many people jump to prescription drugs as a cure for everything.

I still believe we are over medicating our youth today for anxiety, depression, etc.. I think maybe 1-5 people on prescription drugs under 18 truly need the drugs. I think shrinks are to quick to medicate and the youth today too quick to use drugs as an answer.

Glad to see some really smart responses here, gives me faith in the drug community that not everyone preaches drugs as a cure all.

InvisibleXibalba
Stranger
Re: Best drug for social anxiety (help please) [Re: Thor]
    #1551647 - 05/15/03 03:32 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Invisibleslppe
the eye

Loc: tripped out
Re: Best drug for social anxiety (help please) [Re: Xibalba]
    #1551666 - 05/15/03 03:42 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

that link was pretty funny

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Re: Best drug for social anxiety (help please) [Re: Xibalba]
    #1551668 - 05/15/03 03:42 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Zoloft for everything!   

LOL! I love the onion, thanks for posting that!  :grin:

OfflineMickel
enthusiast
Re: Best drug for social anxiety (help please) [Re: Thor]
    #1551960 - 05/15/03 04:58 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Was that add true or just made up. I have been on paxil just stopped should I go on zoloft? Is that better? FUCK YOU

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

#1551974 - 05/15/03 05:01 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Umm what is your problem?

Its a joke, the onion does spoofs on all kinds of things.

Jeesh.

OfflineSolo
enthusiast
    #1567392 - 05/21/03 09:00 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

an SSRI like zoloft or paxil

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Polypropylene Grow Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag