Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
Loc: Australia
Hell
    #3453370 - 12/06/04 05:09 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i don't beleive in a hell. if everybody plays a role and fulfill the role in that life time in order to grow, would there even be a hell?

all the people that have played a negative role in history(adolf hitler, Gengis Khan and any other bad muthas) would they go to hell?? or be rewarded because they played the role that they had to, in order for their own or victims consciousness/soul to grow?

--------------------
suicide a permanent solution to a temporary problem

Edited by spudamore (12/06/04 05:09 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada Flag
Re: Hell [Re: spudamore]
    #3453395 - 12/06/04 05:39 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I have no choice BUT to believe in it after God himselfput me in it for 10 minuites many years back. I'm not God and as such am really in no position to say who goes and who doesn't. If i were a betting man i would say according to what i've read in the bible that Hiter, Gengis khan, Attilla the hun etc are probably there. I DO know however that if they are and God let them out again they wouldn't transgress God's laws ever again

Now whether or not hell IS eternal(it sure seemed that way to me) or merely a negative vibrational level that is only a transitional state i guess is my main question. It was/is the fact that it seemed so eternal that is the reason i became a born again Christian, i guess you could say it was my way of covering my ass :grin:

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
Re: Hell [Re: FreakQlibrium]
    #3453404 - 12/06/04 05:45 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

if god loves unconditionally, why would he be so wrathful to put a being in such a state?

--------------------

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

#3453418 - 12/06/04 05:57 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Well i've only been officially a BAC for a little over a week and don't know the bible wery well BUT, It is my understanding that God does love unconditionally. So much so that Jesus was crucified in order to give US a channel through which we could recieve by the grace of God eternal salvation. Problem is though that few people actually go to God and ask for it. It's really not all that big a deal when you think about it but until a person turns to God his/herself and admits they are a sinner and repents they aren't saved, according to my admittedly limited understanding of the Bible

It's not like God says: "A SINNER!!!!!!! You're going to Hell!!!!!!! It's not like it's anyhing God doesn't already know, we are all sinners and have transgressed his few simple laws over and over

God wants all of us to turn to him, he really doesn't want any of us to suffer....BUT lol

Anyway this is all just my own personal belief based on my own personal experience, i'm happy with my choice  :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
    #3453424 - 12/06/04 06:01 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

but that would be an egotistical god if he wants us to turn to him.

what if gods right hands gave us orders good/bad to fill in this life time, would we be punished for fulfilling gods order?

--------------------

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

#3453436 - 12/06/04 06:08 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

My understanding is that God only wants us to turn to him for our own good(eternal salvation) and not for any sort of ego gratification on his part. I think a lot of people make the (imo) mistake of attributimg human values to God and making him in OUR image(and yes i can see here where someone can say:"well God says that he made us in HIS image therefore by default we must be in the same image ergo it's ok to attribute human charateristics to God")

I've admitted elsewhere, I myself would never have turned to God or believed in hell if he hadn't let me experience how horrible(beyond words) it really is

In case you haven't seen this elsewhere on th boards he also let me experience to pure unalloyed bliss of Heaven for 7 days after which he said to me:"I'll always be here for you when you ecide to return" And i did, 30 years later. Not because i doubted the veracity and reality of the experience but rather because i was THAT Stupid!  :crazy:

--------------------

Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
    #3453441 - 12/06/04 06:14 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

how does god know that it will be for your own good?

that would be like me telling somebody turn to me for their own good.

if we fulfill gods wishes why would we be punished for something god wanted us to experience?

--------------------

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

#3453461 - 12/06/04 06:31 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Again man this is all based only on my limited understanding but: If what I choose o believe,based on my own experience IS true, then turning to God and thus avoiding hell IS for your/our own good.

I guess i should qualify what convinced me, i'll be brief so please hear me out: My first quetion to God(after 30 years) was: "How do I know you're really who you say you are?"(there was nothing like WTF took you so long" lol)

And God said to me:"Do you really think the other guy wants anyone to know that hell even exists, let alone how horrible(maybe terrible, i can't remember)it is"?

^^^It was His answer that convinced me that he adversary's GR8est trick is to convince people that he doesn't exist. I realize this sounds paranoid but based purely on my own experience i have come to the conclusion that the Bible isn't just a fairy tale or allegorical/metaphorical and as unfashionable as it is and at the risk of being called gullible, naive or even stupid i do accept it literally even though i realize there are inherent flaws

--------------------

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3453644 - 12/06/04 09:31 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Re: Hell [Re: Gomp]
    #3454148 - 12/06/04 12:53 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

HELL
The following passages describe the lower realms of hell. Some say that hell is but a state of mind, yet as anyone knows who has experienced the pangs of intense loneliness, remorse, shame, guilt, or loss, such states of mind can be excruciatingly vivid. Furthermore, it is said that in the spiritual world it will not be possible to avoid such feelings, as is usually done while in the body, through such devices as forgetting, rationalization, or losing oneself in sense-pleasures or drink.[b/] There is no respite from unpleasant feelings, which remain to torture the unfortunate soul continually. To describe such pain, which is beyond comprehension, scriptures use concrete images: burning fire, boiling water, bitter cold, being crushed, hacked and dismembered, trampled, burned, and eaten alive.

Thanks for that link Gomp, that was exactly what it was like  :crazy: The soul  stripped of all it's diversions suffering for eternity

--------------------

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3454201 - 12/06/04 01:07 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

hum, why cant i go to, where is hell? :P hi hi
sounds neat! should check that out some time :wink:
(resembles what a friend of mine described his Salvia trip)
maybe he really went there to?

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3454444 - 12/06/04 01:47 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

spudamore said:
if god loves unconditionally, why would he be so wrathful to put a being in such a state?

Another misconception.

God does not put anyone in such pain or such a place. People do this to themselves through their own choices. God has laid down 2 paths and gives us the will to make the choice.

Love is a choice and requires a freewill. God wants nothing more than a Man to Love him but God can not make a Man perfect and Love him. That is not Love.

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology