Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OnlineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
What is Hell like?
    #868124 - 09/06/02 11:32 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

So if you die with one minor sin on your record, do you go to hell forever.

Do we just burn up in a brief flash, or does it last for all eternity?

Are there different levels of hell? Are parts of it kind of nice, parts a little warm, and parts of it mind bending torture?

Can you get out of hell eventually? If so, where do you go from there?

Finally a thread where  ONLY scripture is relevent! :grin:

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: What is Hell like? [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #868156 - 09/07/02 01:46 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

whose hell?
and which scripture?

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Anonymous

#868211 - 09/07/02 03:37 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I`ve seen hell once or twice.  :smile:
It`s a big field with no shrooms or cows in it, we have to wander for all eternity searching for shrooms but none can ever be found.  :crazy:
I`ve seen heaven once or twice.......  :grin: 

InvisibleThe_Clash_UK
Day Tripper
Loc: UK
    #868276 - 09/07/02 04:46 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Hell has no begining. No end.
Trapped and tormented forever at the center of all evil. All you are and ever will be is pain.

So ya don't go to church eh?
thats whats gonna happen to ya.
the loving lord shall cast you into the depths of what i decrobed.

--------------------
Crash a cig guvnor?

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: What is Hell like? [Re: The_Clash_UK]
    #868290 - 09/07/02 05:00 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Hell is like Wal-Mart with no cheap munchy section.

Anonymous

#868291 - 09/07/02 05:01 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

OTD=hell

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #868457 - 09/07/02 06:44 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I hardly know the first thing about the Christian Hell (except that it's forever for anyone who goes there). It's described as an unquenchable fire, where there will be wailing and gnashing of the teeth, and is often described as the home of Satan. My knowledge stops there. From the Islamic tradition, Jahannum (Hell) is neither forever for everyone, nor is it the home of the devil. The Fire in Islam consists of seven levels, the lowest being the most severe punishment, the highest being the least severe. The lowest level is forever for anyone who goes there. Disbelievers, suicides, and those who died with a shirk belief abide there. Anyone who has the slightest belief in God and the afterlife will eventually be released from the Fire and rewarded Paradise for whatever good deeds they've done while in the world. The last man out of Hell will be the most wicked of men who believed in the one God. Hope this enlightens you. :laugh: 

--------------------

Edited by Zahid (09/07/02 06:54 AM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: What is Hell like? [Re: ]
    #868470 - 09/07/02 07:01 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I`ve seen hell once or twice.

Ah, you've been to Bakersfield, CA.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Anonymous

Re: What is Hell like? [Re: Swami]
    #868474 - 09/07/02 07:05 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Ahh,
Is that where it was?

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: What is Hell like? [Re: Swami]
    #868492 - 09/07/02 07:15 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Ah, you've been to Bakersfield, CA.

I believe it's Baker, CA. Not Bakersfield. Correct me if I'm wrong though. :smile: 

--------------------

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #868495 - 09/07/02 07:17 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I don't really see how we can call ourselves advanced as a society when we still feed our children these horror story scenarios as gospel truth... I mean c'mon..being burned alive for all eternity...i think a child would be hard pressed to think of anything worse than that. And I think we underestimate the effect that kind of conditioning has on the minds of society as a whole..

--------------------

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: What is Hell like? [Re: Revelation]
    #868513 - 09/07/02 07:28 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I don't really see how we can call ourselves advanced as a society when we still feed our children these horror story scenarios as gospel truth... I mean c'mon..being burned alive for all eternity...i think a child would be hard pressed to think of anything worse than that. And I think we underestimate the effect that kind of conditioning has on the minds of society as a whole..

Those who fear God the most, fear men the least.

--------------------

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: What is Hell like? [Re: Zahid]
    #868581 - 09/07/02 08:26 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Those who fear God the most, fear men the least.

Well, obviously... the promise of an afterlife makes THIS life seem less significant and therefore dispensible. Even fewer would so willingly sign up for the human bomb jobs if they weren't "guaranteed" an afterlife (a pleasurable one).

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: What is Hell like? [Re: Sclorch]
    #868678 - 09/07/02 09:19 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

It's always the young, naive, angry, perverted, and impatient who strap explosives onto themselves seeking shaheed.

Yes, the afterlife is very pleasurable to those who are rewarded. Instead of seeking an earthly reward for doing good, I seek the reward of Allah Ta'ala in this life. The aspect of Hell is a mere reminder of what could possibly happen if you are evil. In fact, terrorists are so bent on destroying the West most of them forget what their purpose is in this world. They often forget that one day America, Israel, and the world itself will no longer exist, only the people standing together awaiting review. I don't think terrorists are God fearing at all. What they need is LSD, maybe. Wouldn't you agree?

--------------------

Offlinedrunkgoat
addict

Re: What is Hell like? [Re: The_Clash_UK]
    #868687 - 09/07/02 09:28 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

So ya don't go to church eh?
thats whats gonna happen to ya.

Yeah you are going to be sent to hell if you don't go to church EVERY sunday and donate to church.

--------------------
Give a man a match and he will be warm for an hour. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #868766 - 09/07/02 10:43 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Yes, the afterlife is very pleasurable to those who are rewarded. Instead of seeking an earthly reward for doing good, I seek the reward of Allah Ta'ala in this life.

I thought good was an end-in-itself. At least, that's how I look at it. When I do good, it's not for some reward. That would be selfish. I do good for the sake of doing good (Golden Rule... indirectly selfish at worst).
1. What's the difference between a reward in life and a reward in the afterlife if the motivation behind the act is selfish?

The aspect of Hell is a mere reminder of what could possibly happen if you are evil.
More of that selective use of words...
2a. Does Allah differentiate between non-believers and evil-doers?
2b. Or do they both go to hell?
I don't think that's very fair if both are damned for all eternity.

I don't think terrorists are God fearing at all. What they need is LSD, maybe. Wouldn't you agree?

I most wholeheartedly disagree. LSD would only further their delusions. Maybe ECT...

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Offlinefivepointer
    #868863 - 09/07/02 12:06 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

"So if you die with one minor sin on your record, do you go to hell forever?"

Yes, one sin and you go to hell forever. The Law of God demands perfect obediance, any transgression must be punished, the Law can not be broken.

The only way for a transgressor of the Law to stand before a Holy God is if he is absolutely without blemish. God must impute all the sins of a person He indends to save to Jesus Christ, who bore those sins, and satisfied the Holy Law by coming under God's wrath as payment for those sins. In this way God can be a just God and a Saviour of sinners. The atonement was made for only those God intends to save, not for the whole world in some generic sense. All those who Christ atoned for were justified at the cross. Jesus did not atone for those who are in hell.

"Do we just burn up in a brief flash, or does it last for all eternity?"

It lasts for all eternity.

"Are there different levels of hell? Are parts of it kind of nice, parts a little warm, and parts of it mind bending torture?"

The Word does say that those with greater knowledge of the gospel and false teachers will come under greater condemnation. It also states that the every sin will be recompensed, so more sins would result in greater wrath. Any place in hell, even the least of the bad places, is still super horrible.

"Can you get out of hell eventually? If so, where do you go from there?"

The only one to come out of hell (to be under God's wrath) was Jesus Christ, He could do such a thing because he is God-Man. Any one else will never escape.

Offlinepsilo25
The one stuck inthe middle ofthis hopelessmess.

Loc: over here
Re: What is Hell like? [Re: fivepointer]
    #868885 - 09/07/02 12:25 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Hell is simply a creation of the mind. Hell doesn't exist in my mind, therefore I have no need to worry about it.

--------------------
Stand up for your freedoms, join the fight against the War on Drugs!

www.drcnet.org
www.drugpolicyalliance.org
www.drugsense.org

OfflineAcursedRedDragon
Legacy ofBrutality
Loc: Opium Den
Re: What is Hell like? [Re: fivepointer]
    #868901 - 09/07/02 12:37 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Theres a place in norway called dimmu borgir and its suppost to be the opening to hell....

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #868937 - 09/07/02 01:15 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I thought good was an end-in-itself. At least, that's how I look at it. When I do good, it's not for some reward. That would be selfish. I do good for the sake of doing good (Golden Rule... indirectly selfish at worst).
1. What's the difference between a reward in life and a reward in the afterlife if the motivation behind the act is selfish?

Selfish? I would disagree. Sure, non-religious people do good works in this world, but they do it out of mannerism, and to look noble in the eyes of men. They don't do it to please God. I do good because it feels good to do good. God happens to have set a law of morality, where He punishes evil doers and rewards the righteous. Good is great, and so is God.

More of that selective use of words...
2a. Does Allah differentiate between non-believers and evil-doers?
2b. Or do they both go to hell?
I don't think that's very fair if both are damned for all eternity.

The evil doers God speaks of are the ones who disbelieve. Those who believe repent when they sin. God is also aware that He has slaves who think they are righteous, but they are evil (terrorists).

I most wholeheartedly disagree. LSD would only further their delusions. Maybe ECT...

Think with reality here. While in your mind LSD would be bad for a terrorist, in reality it is probably good. There is a very, very high chance that the Muslim extremist might change his heart completely renounce extremism as they realize 'this is not what God is about'. And thus, you have one less suicide shaheed ready to kill you so they can go to Paradise, which is good. In fact, I would be overjoyed if I could convince a Muslim (or Christian/Jewish) fanatic to try psychedelics. The delusions you speak of originates from something deeper within - blind rage. Terrorists aren't schizophrenics.

--------------------

Edited by Zahid (09/07/02 01:22 PM)

OfflineViBrAnT
WaRpInG &sPiRaLiNg
Re: What is Hell like? [Re: AcursedRedDragon]
    #868962 - 09/07/02 01:35 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

the problem here is trying to overlay a physical relative illusion unto an ultimate fluid reality where space does not exsist. i hope you all realize that even if you do enter a self created hell or a collectively created hell it is your descision to leave or stay based upon how you are feeling about yourself, if you are pissed off at something that you encountered in the physical realm you may decide to stay in your hell until you feel justified. everyone goes through hard times in this life, my advice is to rise above them to avoid a self created hell all together. life is beautiful,it is something to be charished and blessed. if you dont believe me just imagine everything dissapearing around you including your physical body,you essentially move into darkness. the only hellis not being able to create your own reality and th eonlypersonwho can stop you from doing this is you, we are evolving into gods and someday you will see the beauty of the process if you havnt already, its not necassary to rush life, we are not here to do anything, only to be in the natural process. follow your hearts and lets move out of our self created hell on earth as the process works exactly the same in physicality as in death, it just takes more time. the only hell is not knowing this.

--------------------
" liken this life illusory, for your sand castle will one day be adrift amongst the wind "

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #871107 - 09/09/02 02:01 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Hell is a mentally projected reality of constant self-doubt and fear.
That's my theory anyway..

--------------------

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
Re: What is Hell like? [Re: Shroomism]
    #871179 - 09/09/02 03:58 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

we exist in a psycho-processed memory-realizing forward-moving illusionary timescape.
a hallucination caused by the chemicals that run our organic brains.
a chicken and an egg... BOTH however are god.
all you are is this.
the psychotic trinity  of this that is, that which is not.
and the hereafter.
hell is now, then and nothing as veiwed by the eyes of the ego that never grew and never shall, contained in a microcosm of wasted potential and twisting chaos of information from the very source, the nothing from which something comes.
a void within evrything, the sourse of chaos,  nothing caused by lack of limits. the egoless wasteland of oblivion.
this is when this life as we call it, our short imortality, was, is, and will be hell.

heaven is a challange. but its the same exact thing.

you just feel a whole lot better about it.

wa ha ha, im just crazy, ignore me :wink: 

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Loc: NY
    #871833 - 09/09/02 06:47 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Living in NY city.
I been there search no more! Demons to!

--------------------

OnlineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: What is Hell like? [Re: Revelation]
    #872100 - 09/09/02 09:09 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Blah, Blah, Blah!!!!  :smile:

I said Only scripture was relevant. So far Zahid is the only person to post a relevant reply. Some Christians believe Hell is eternal, some do not. I wanted to hear different interpretations of the Bible, (and also other religions).

I thought we had a bunch of Jesus freaks in here. Were they faking it? :confused:

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #872482 - 09/09/02 12:41 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

The church created hell to better control through fear.  :crazy: 

--------------------

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #872519 - 09/09/02 12:56 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Yea, where's enter and Rail_Gun? :smile:

I wouldn't mind hearing Markos' say on Hell.

--------------------

Offlinefivepointer
    #872561 - 09/09/02 01:15 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Many try to twist the scriptures, that hell is not forever and terrible. Here are a few verses that state the truth.

Mark 9:43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
Mark 9:44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
Mark 9:45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
Mark 9:46 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
Mark 9:47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:
Mark 9:48 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

Matthew 18:8 Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire.

2 Thessalonians 1:9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

Jude 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

Revelation 14:11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night...

Revelation 19:3 3 ...And her smoke rose up for ever and ever....

Revelation 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

These verses clearly state the forver-ness of hell.

Many other verses describe it as a place of thick blackness, outer darkness, weeping and gnashing of teeth, a place of torment, the pit of the abyss, ect..

God absolutely hates wickedness and demands perfection from His creatures. Since the Fall, Man's heart is desperately wicked and in bondage to rebellion.

In His infinate mercy and love He decided to save a bunch of hell deserving sinners by sending His Son to pay the price (by going to hell) for His people. Once payment is made, they are justified and can come into God's Holy heaven. They are saved by His grace ALONE, without ANY merits in themselves. Salvation is conditioned soley on Christ's perfect righteousness imputed to His elect people.

OfflineLarrythescaryrex
teardrop on the fire
Male User Gallery

Loc: further down the spiral
    #873258 - 09/09/02 07:24 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

hell is not mentioned in the old testament, instead is Sheol. everyone went there.

--------------------
RIP Acidic_Sloth

Sunset_Mission said:
"larry the scary rex
verily scary when thoroughly vexed
invoke the shadows and dust, cast a hex
mercifully massacring memories masterfully
relocate from Ur to 8th density and become a cosmic bully
mulder and scully couldn't decipher his glyphs
invoke the shadows and dust, smoke infernal spliffs"
April 24th 2011

InvisibleJonnyOnTheSpot
Sober Surfer
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Carolina
    #873440 - 09/09/02 10:24 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Some say hell is less like the eternal burning/endless torture and more or less just complete seperatio from god and all his love. I dont think hell(if it exsists) could ever be eternal though, because god is supossed to be all loving so he'd eventually give us a second chance.

All the eternal suffering shit is nothing more 15th century christian propaganda meant only to make people so afraid that they blindly support the church, which coincidently controlled all structures of power back then.

--------------------
Religion is for people who are afraid of going to Hell; spirituality is for those who have been there.

OfflineTypingwords
Veteran Seasonal PNW Hunter
I'm a teapot

Loc: seattle-ish area, WA
Re: What is Hell like? [Re: JonnyOnTheSpot]
    #873518 - 09/10/02 12:51 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Sorry "religious" people, but your fiery eternal hell sounds more like heaven to me. (That is when you are comparing it to real hell.) For I have been to real hell, which is in your mind. The only way to describe it is pure insanity, and far worse than any physical pain you could endure. Actually is quite indescribable. It is none of this pussy shit you speak of, it needs no introduction with flames and all that bullshit. So tell your god that I discovered a more effective hell, and maybe I could sell it to him, or should I just become lord of the underworld myself?

--------------------
everything everyone everywhere.
forever and ever

Offlinechrispc
Durban, SouthAfrica (Soon)

Loc: London, UK
    #873575 - 09/10/02 02:20 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

See the Buddhist explanation for this. Everything is subject to change, to including hell. Nothing is eternal except Nirvana. So one can be reborn in hell and thus allow there negative karma to run it's course and pending karmic influencies be reborn again out of hell. The same can be said for heavenly realms but on the reverse. Positive karma can run it's course and you get reborn again out of heavenly realms.

--------------------
"We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our
thoughts."

- Buddha in the Dhammapada -

ChrisC

Offlinechrispc
Durban, SouthAfrica (Soon)

Loc: London, UK
    #873582 - 09/10/02 02:31 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

In reply to:

I hardly know the first thing about the Christian Hell (except that it's forever for anyone who goes there). It's described as an unquenchable fire, where there will be wailing and gnashing of the teeth, and is often described as the home of Satan. My knowledge stops there. From the Islamic tradition, Jahannum (Hell) is neither forever for everyone, nor is it the home of the devil. The Fire in Islam consists of seven levels, the lowest being the most severe punishment, the highest being the least severe. The lowest level is forever for anyone who goes there. Disbelievers, suicides, and those who died with a shirk belief abide there. Anyone who has the slightest belief in God and the afterlife will eventually be released from the Fire and rewarded Paradise for whatever good deeds they've done while in the world. The last man out of Hell will be the most wicked of men who believed in the one God. Hope this enlightens you.

Very interesting Islamic view of Hell. I enjoyed that post. I guess a same theme could be described in Buddhism except that this is determined by karmic influence, rather than some almighty god. You see we Buddhist don't refuse to believe in an almighty god. We simply don't see any proof and don't really take it on faith. What about re-birth you ask. How can we believe a supernatural thing like that? Well the Buddha said that if you follow his way you will see these absoulute truths. So in a way I have faith in that, however the difference being is that if I commit myself I could see this myself through meditation.

Nice post, love to hear you comments.

PS I PM'ed you to.

--------------------
"We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our
thoughts."

- Buddha in the Dhammapada -

ChrisC

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder