Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelateralus
Re: Night vs Day - Which Do You Prefer? [Re: soulflyer]
    #1842415 - 08/22/03 10:19 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I love the night mostly because I almost always trip alone and I close my eyes from the peak on. I like the closed eye visuals the best.

If I take a smaller dose, or am with other people, sunrise, sunset, midday is all good too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblejtseaweed
Stranger

Loc: in the middle of everywhe...
Re: Night vs Day - Which Do You Prefer? [Re: lateralus]
    #1842668 - 08/23/03 12:42 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

midday is too dam,n hot. I sweat a lot on shrooms.

--------------------

buisness is kickin yo butt

InvisibleDoseR
slacker
Re: Night vs Day - Which Do You Prefer? [Re: jtseaweed]
    #1842845 - 08/23/03 05:39 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

one of my best trips ever was on a day when i woke up at 6:30 am with two grams of shrooms. i dropped them, ate a small bowl of frosted mini wheats, jumped in the shower, and was tripping nicely by the time i was done washing myself.

no time is more quiet or plesant than morning.

--------------------
Look at me! http://myspace.com/asininegenius

OfflinePala
Dharma Bum

Loc: Within You Without You
    #1843064 - 08/23/03 10:09 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

With shrooms, I find that intense heat or sunlight is extremely uncomfortable for me. I haven't shrooms during the day when it was cool and cloudy, though. With acid, it isn't much of a problem. I probably prefer night for both, though.

--------------------
huh????

Offlineganesh
stranger still
Loc: cloud seven
Re: Night vs Day - Which Do You Prefer? [Re: Pala]
    #1844070 - 08/23/03 07:31 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I enjoy both - but in completely different ways. I used to always think tripping at night was the only way to go, but lately I prefer daytime.... and definitely outdoors!

Daytime is great - especially with the sun shining, and clouds and being out in nature... everything just seems so ALIVE! It is a great feeling...

Nightime is also fun - but a completely different - stars are fantastic... but I have just started to find them a little more boring (personal taste). If at night, the best is to have a huge bonfire, and find a spot out in the bush - preferably near a lake or something as well....

Some the best experiences I have had has been with acid and doing a full 24-hour cycle with a couple of hits... it is a really strange and mystical feeling to observe a whole day and the cycles of the earth from midnight to midnight...

Anonymous

Re: Night vs Day - Which Do You Prefer? [Re: Euphoria]
    #1844109 - 08/23/03 07:57 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

i like the daytime in the summer. later in the day, when the light is warm... ah..

there is too much beauty in the warmer months to be tripping at night in my opinion.

i do like the night trips though... more mystical. i like looking at the stars, and a full moon, a field, and some mushroooms makes for a good night.

i like them both.

Offlinefungulus
    #1860462 - 08/28/03 08:16 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I like to trip in the late afternoon/evening and enjoy the sunset and the beginning of night.

OfflineHarvestTheBrain
CultDeVader

Loc: Usa
Re: Night vs Day - Which Do You Prefer? [Re: fungulus]
    #1862353 - 08/29/03 10:14 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

The daytime is super sweet, i prefer that if I can escape society...go to a local state park, those are usually big enough where you can find a spot where hardly anybody goes, and if someone does notice you, just act cool and say "Good Morning" and they will just keep walking. Sunshine is the most comforting feeling when tripping, and foliage is alive and kickin'!
sunshine daydream
Walking in the tall trees
going where the wind blows.....

Offlineshwowsh
growologist

Loc: Deep in the Heart...
Re: Night vs Day - Which Do You Prefer? [Re: HarvestTheBrain]
    #1866356 - 08/30/03 04:13 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I have yet to experience a daytime trip to compare to my first experience at nighttime (which I realized was a very good choice for a first time in retrospect). Nighttime was really cool, because like most of you have said, running into people is a bother when in an altered state. Plus, if you live in a real hot climate, the nighttime usually can get pretty cool and breezy, making everything so much more pleasant. I think if i had my choice of anytime for my second trip,
i'd considering taking them half an hour to an hour before sunset. I can't think of a more beautiful way of climbing into a very good night.

And after thinking about it for a minute, nighttime just allows for so much more wonder and exploration of the altered state. I would think that a daytime trip would really put more of a face-value on things, not allowing for as much of a personal adventure.

--------------------
-------------------------------------------------
We're all children here, so could we please start acting like it?

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: Night vs Day - Which Do You Prefer? [Re: Euphoria]
    #3448994 - 12/05/04 05:58 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

mjshroomer said:

"Well the Mazatec Indians have been doing them in the dark of their thatched roofed huts for more than three mellenia.

There must be a reason for that.

See one of the special powers of the mushrooms is to induce visions into the minds and eyes of those who take the mushrooms.

ANd light distracts fromt he visuals and makes it almost impossible to visualize them if there is too much light in the room.

This is one of the reasons for taking the shrooms is to see the many things the mushroomd present to you while on a journey into their world.

In the light the visuals are minimal and very scarce.

Of course with Eyes Closed you can still see some of them , especially if you cup your hands over your eyes after you close them

Over the years I have met with thoudans of shroomers who would confess to me that as many times as they have taken mushrooms,m they have never seen anything while on them.

This can be explained in two specific terms of use.

One. They did not eat enough of the mushrooms so they only enjoy a subthreshhold dosae of the shrooms. Thatmeans 1-2 dried grams of material.
Two. They took the mushrooms in daylight or with lights on in their homes.

Again, as I noted above. This distracts the visuals and you really will not get the benifit of them.

Now In Australia, New Zealand, Bali and Hawaii, many surfers, since the early 1970s, have enjoyed eating a small amount of mushrooms and love to surf on them.

Lickilly no one has ever reported to casualty, an accident which may or may not have occurred while a surfer was surfing on shrooms. Yet this is done in the daylight and is considered a normal pasttime inthe Hawaiian Islands and is still common oon the North Shore of Oahu Island.

Int he daytime.

I suggest, stay home, p[lay good music, take warm baths, if you are with your girl friend you mught get layed for several hours at a time. Multiple orgasms for women and do them in the evening in your home with as little light as possible and you will see many things.

AS for those thosands of shroomers whom I have met during the last 25 years who told me that they never see anything whil on the mushrooms. My response to them is that

"maybe they aren't meant to see anything."

I only say that because of the way they take and do their shrooms and where they are at has a lot to do with what they may or may not see.

mj

Have a shroomy day and may all of your days be shroomy. "

OfflineKracker
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: midwest us
Re: Night vs Day - Which Do You Prefer? [Re: Annom]
    #3449879 - 12/05/04 11:57 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I like to trip durring the day. nights cool too but i always find myself wanting to go to a city at night while tripping because of the lights.

OfflineWisdom
Just A Man WhoEats TheKnowledge
Re: Night vs Day - Which Do You Prefer? [Re: Kracker] * 2
    #3450933 - 12/05/04 05:16 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I prefer the night because less people are active at night so you have less of a chance of running into people.I have also found visuals to be better at night.

--------------------
Don't Smoke Up Your Money
Eat Up Your Money

OfflineBronc
Stranger
Loc: Michigan
Re: Night vs Day - Which Do You Prefer? [Re: Wisdom]
    #4593435 - 08/28/05 11:29 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Me and my buddies where trippin the other night. We were all outside and my buddy asked someone to turn on the lights. It was the funniest thing at the time.

I prefer night trippin.
Trippin with the sunrise.  :smile:

--------------------
"Where's the money Lebowski?"

InvisibleFrozenHappiness
Professional Cereal Box

Loc: Nagoon Lagoon
Re: Night vs Day - Which Do You Prefer? [Re: Bronc]
    #4596766 - 08/29/05 09:23 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I like twilight.
A little before sunrise and a little after sunset.
That is the best time for anything.
If I can time my dose so I can be well into the trip by the time it is twilight I am more than content.
That way I not only get to experience the one of the two most beautifull times of day but I also get to experience a little bit of evening and night or night and morning depending.

--------------------

OfflineKras
Male User Gallery

Re: Night vs Day - Which Do You Prefer? [Re: FrozenHappiness]
    #4618637 - 09/04/05 03:10 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I personally like an evening. I'm not sure if I want to peak at sunset or afterward but I'm not sure if tripping at full-blown night is something good for me. I like nights but once I was on a journey with my friend on countryside, near city. Many small gardens grouped together on large area. After sunset it got darker and darker. Than, when complete darkness kicked in - it wasn't to pleasant. We didn't panicked but we felt that someone or something was hiding in brushes. We where aware that is our imagination (at least I was and tried to convince my partner) but it was a heavy Cross on that trip. On the other hand it was great when the sun came out. We felt it like salvation. Man, I LOVE Sun :smile:

--------------------
enjoy life!

Offlinedbd1784
The Man

Loc: here
Re: Night vs Day - Which Do You Prefer? [Re: Kras]
    #4619626 - 09/04/05 03:24 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I personally like to dose at about 5 or so and peak at sunset. You get the best of both worlds and to watch the sky change is sick as hell.

--------------------
"Then God way up in heaven, for whatever it was worth, Thought He'd have a big old party, thought He'd call it planet Earth." -Grateful Dead

Invisibleclone
Remote Viewer
 User Gallery

Re: Night vs Day - Which Do You Prefer? [Re: dbd1784]
    #4619711 - 09/04/05 03:53 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i like to ingest around 10pm. i like to stay up all night when it is dark, cold, and quite. i love the way the stars look, the way the moon lights everything up in a silver hue. i love the fog that rolls in and turns everything an eery yellow glow from all the street lights. there is more uncertainty in darkness then in light. i like to see shadows form and dance across my field of vision. i like to be the only one (except the bums) in the park at 3 am walking around.

i love the night time because when everyone else is asleep or tucked safely inside their homes, i am out exploring. i like that there are few, if any, distractions at night.

OfflineJabbawaya

Re: Night vs Day - Which Do You Prefer? *DELETED* [Re: clone]
    #4619977 - 09/04/05 05:28 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by Jabbawaya

Reason for deletion: x

--------------------

OfflineCloud_Skipper
Loc: UK
Re: Night vs Day - Which Do You Prefer? [Re: Jabbawaya]
    #4820894 - 10/18/05 02:09 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I only trip at night, I really want to trip in the day, I done it once years ago and it was better for visuals if I remember right! Not sure where to go in the daytime though without running into someone. Fishing maybe.. :thumbup:

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
Re: Night vs Day - Which Do You Prefer? [Re: Cloud_Skipper]
    #4820934 - 10/18/05 02:17 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

has to be night...
but i always have been nocturnal...
i dont like the sun, i wish it would just fuck off...
thats why i want to move to the yukon...

and the stars, which happen to be my favorite thing ever, sober or tripping, are unable to be stared at and/or lost in during the sunny hours!

FUCK THE SUN!
CARPE NOCTUM!

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag