Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineShRo_0My
KillaHo

Loc: overTHErainbow, BC
Tripping leading to anxiety?
    #1231768 - 01/19/03 06:43 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

High all.
im a very experienced, but young shroomer. I havnt done lsd or shrooms, for a while. I stopped shrooms since my contenuous bad trips (5 in a row, with all reletivly low doses of muggers)...and now i feel anxiety ALL the time. Does this mean I actually have anxiety, and can have anxiety attacks? Im going to a doctor in a little while, but has anyone ever heard of this? And...is it a good idea to keep doing mushrooms and lsd (just on occasion, for fun). if i feel this anxiety all the time, dosent that pretty much mean a bad trip??? im currewntly 15 y.o. turning 16 in a couple months....i just need some advice. thanks alot guys.

PS- i dont want to hear that im too young and STOP doing it, unless its a must, because i wont. thankyou!

peace.

--------------------
Evil is anointed, get disappointed
Guillotine to your spleen
You'll get defeated, you can't beat it, join it

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Tripping leading to anxiety? [Re: ShRo_0My]
    #1231974 - 01/19/03 07:43 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

It can certainly trigger realizations and certain perspectives that can lead you to anxiety, especially at a relatively young age.... before you really have yourself together, psychedelics may cause you to feel uncomfortable with your environment.

How often are you tripping? My associates and I tend to try and keep it spread out to at least every couple months.. I've certainly gone through a "binge" or two in the past, and I can't say I've gotten as much from doing it so often as I do when I spread things out and "take my time."

-=- Matt/Strumpling -=-
Overall, though - relax.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Loc: Inner Eye
    #1232009 - 01/19/03 07:51 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

It might just be part of puberty. Hormones go way up and it can trigger mood swings including anxity. This usualy goes away when your about 18-19, so if it's that then dont worry about it. You should still see a doctor though for a professional opinion, and dont be scared to mention that you took lsd or mushrooms with him.
Take care

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------

When it comes
I'll know, I know
Just take my clothes and leave
And I'll be gone

OfflineShRo_0My
KillaHo

Re: Tripping leading to anxiety? [Re: Northernsoul]
    #1232054 - 01/19/03 08:09 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

thank you for your opinions.

Strumpling- I havnt tripped for a while about 3 months. 3 months ago i did mushrooms way to much. Foir about 2 months straight, i did mushrooms every weekend, then the bad trips started to come....one after another after another. I cant wait to indulge in sum ammazonians very soon. Im going to be doing liquid lsd this week!

Northernsoul....thank you! that was helpful! yes i guessa it could be....but does this anxiety feeling happen all the time?? i guess mayvbe you wouldent know, but a doc would...than ks....anyone else have any opinions??

peace.

--------------------

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Loc: BC
    #1232061 - 01/19/03 08:12 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I started using shrooms and acid just recently(in the last year). And during that time, I smoked pot everyday. I noticed, after doing acid for the first time, when I smoked up the next day...I was hit with lots of paranoia and anxiety. Later on(a month later)...I tripped on acid, but I double the dose that I took last time. The trip was awesome....but the next day, I smoked a lot of pot, and I had a full blown anxiety attack. Was not fun at all man. And since than I have general anxiety(not to bad)....and really bad anxiety when I smoke pot(sometimes a full out attack)

I feel the lsd contributed to it, a little, but it was mainly my lifestyle. I had been smoking 5-6 grams a day of strong bud for the past year, tripping once or twice every month(which is to much for me). Wasn't working. EXTREME stress and shit from family. Didn't exercise much anymore.

This all contributed to it. I pushed myself over the edge. So check your lifestlye man. Start eating healthy, exercise, cut back on the pot(if you smoke it). I'm currently cutting down on the pot and gonig to stop it all together soon. Just keep a healthy lifestlye. It will help a lot

--------------------
I saw my mind do warp 10, hit the brakes, put it in reverse and back all over me

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1232094 - 01/19/03 08:28 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

The anxiety is not premanant - its all in your brain :smile: Don't think about it too much

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Re: Tripping leading to anxiety? [Re: Strumpling]
    #1232135 - 01/19/03 08:40 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

you know strumpling...I was like you one time. I was even worse than you. I was very judgemental when it came to stuff like this. "ah...all excuses...it's all in your head".

well from my own experience man, It came out of nowhere like a ton of bricks. It fucked me up good. For it being 'all in your head'...yes and no. For the most part...yes, it's just a chemical imbalance that can be fixed. But it's DEFINETLY not like you can just 'not think about it'. It's not something that can be fixed with a snap of the fingers. And I will argue that to the death.

It is all in the head......but it can be worked out, without prescription drugs, herbs, etc. It does take a lot of work, if you decide to go that route(no medication or anything like that). That's the way I'm trying to deal with it. And after a long time...It feels like it's getting so much better.......and than BAM...out of nowhere...a full out attack. And your just like "what the fuck?!". You have to find the reason for why it happened(when things appeared to be getting better and better) and try to find a way to fix it.

Lots of thinking going on in my head man. It will never shut up.

I have lots of ways I KNOW will improve(and eventually get rid) of my anxiety.

-eating very healthy
-exercising
-meditating
-cutting back on pot(especially if you smoke a lot of it)
-getting out and doing things. Keeping busy. Activites, sports, etc
-and in general, trying to stay away from lots of stress

So far, I've only 'cut down' the pot smoking(going to stop soon), started eating healthier, and tried to meditate a few times.

SO yeah, I'm not one to talk about my lifestyle. I'm still working on it. Evnetually, I want to have a bit of routine exercise in my life, eat healthy, and stop smoking pot. And to meditate at least once everyday.

Once I do that...I know I can continue with the other wonderful drugs out there. Because I want to do them for quite some time.

--------------------
I saw my mind do warp 10, hit the brakes, put it in reverse and back all over me

OfflineShRo_0My
KillaHo

Re: Tripping leading to anxiety? [Re: juicemonkey] * 1
    #1232167 - 01/19/03 08:58 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

thank you juice...very helpful!

Yes i do smoke weed. usually 4-6 bowls a day (not too much, but a fair bit)...i find it very hard to stop, because it helps me go to sleep in the evenings. I guess i dont eat that healthy, not much anymore anyways (being suspended, and at home, getting chips, pop, candy not fruit etc) I dont get ANY excersise, and i really want to start to get off my lazy ass soon. juice- has the anxiety gotten any better (better as in, less lmao)? and whats your age?

peace.

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: Tripping leading to anxiety? [Re: juicemonkey]
    #1232181 - 01/19/03 09:07 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

"But it's DEFINETLY not like you can just 'not think about it'."

I meant don't dwell on it, because this can make somebody isolate themselves further.

I feel a whole lot of this is related to confidence, but since I was never professionally diagnosed, I can't really say if what I used to experience that I have overcome were panic attacks or what, but I noticed when I straightened my life out a bit and started feeling good about (and actually caring about) myself, tons of my problems dissolved into thin-air.

--------------------

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
    #1232193 - 01/19/03 09:14 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Ahh...ic you live in bc also.  I'm almost 19.

Yeah, I'd definetly cut down on the pot.  I know it's hard man...haha believe me. It's very hard.  I cut it down to once a week...BUT...in the past two weeks, I've been smoking hash like everyday.  And now because of that, my anxiety got a bit worse(I am honestly just trying to get rid of my supply, and then I'm gonna stop.  But we've all heard that one before :wink: we'll see if I go through with it)

I don't have super bad anxiety or anything when I'm sober.  Only in certain situations(lots of stress....oh for example, out of nowhere, my mom says something like "nick, your such a loser.  You have no friends, no job, no girlfriend.  Think about it. your a loser").  That gets anxiety going.  It mainly only hits me when I smoke pot(hits me bad).  And it sucks, I never used to be like that.

you smoke a couple bowls? lucky.  5 months ago....I could slam back 5 joints of good bud like nothing.  I loved being that stoned.  I can't pass 4 tokes now.  My anxiety gets SO bad.  If I smoked a full joint to myself....I would end up having a heart attack.  I've had someone check my pulse(when I didn't even smoke half that much)...it was pretty bad.  And they were worried.  But I didn't want them to tell me, because it would just make the attack worse.

haha anyway....cut down on the pot, start eating more healthy, and try to get some exercise somehow.

Yes, it does help with the anxiety a lot when I do all that stuff.  I haven't given it 100% though.  I've been slacking especially in the last 2 weeks.  If you kept it to one bowl a day, tried to do some exercise, and eat healthy.  In a few weeks you'd notice a big difference.  Gauranteed.  It's all about lifestlye man.

btw, where abouts in bc are you?

--------------------

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Re: Tripping leading to anxiety? [Re: Strumpling]
    #1232204 - 01/19/03 09:21 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

yes, you are right about that.

There are times, especially when I smoke pot(thats mainly when I get it bad), that my mind starts to dwell on it. It honestly feels like there is a 'good' and 'bad' voice in me.

I'll be like "oh...i think my hearts beating way faster. *sigh*..it's the anxiety coming on again", and than the other part of me will be like, "yeah, your heart as started beating a little bit more. What you expect...you just smoked pot. Just stop thinking about it. It doesn't mean anything"....tahn the bad side, "oh....felt a pain in my chest..."....and so on. Theres more thoughts, I can't even explain.

BUt it feels like I'm having a constant battle with this anxiety(It's like it's a bad voice in my head.....worrying, thinking bad things, etc. Not just bad things to do with me...just negative in general. About my life, friends, things that happened earlier, etc). And before, I just used to let these thoughts run through my head...and in the long wrong, it would just make me feel bad and make my anxiety worse

Since I started cutting down on the pot drastically, and eating a bit better, all of a sudden a 'good' voice came into my head, and started countering all the bad things that were being thought.

And since I started smoking pot again everyday for the past 2 weeks....it's like that 'good' voice is becoming less and less.

This is kinda the first time I tried explaining this to anyone. I feel like I'm a weirdo or something...haha

anyway, your right about the dwelling on things. And yes, confidence is a big issue, I agree totally. I have to admit, I don't have much confidence.

edit: So yeah, like you, I know that when I straighten my life out and start feeling good about myself...it will get a lot better(might even completely dissapear). And I know I can achieve this through, cutting down my pot use(eventually I want to stop...until I get this problem under control), eating healthy, exercising, keeping busy and all that, and eventually keep the stress at a minimum(which is near to impossible, with the heartless people I live with)

--------------------

Edited by juicemonkey (01/19/03 09:28 PM)

OfflineJourney
    #1232231 - 01/19/03 09:40 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Dont worry about it man, It will pass. Take a multivitamin everyday and do what juicemonkey said with excercise and meditation etc. Next time you trip try to find out why you have this anxiety, thats how I got rid of mine for good. You got to make the realization for yourself!

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Re: Tripping leading to anxiety? [Re: ]
    #1232251 - 01/19/03 09:50 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

See I agree is some aspects

But, an anxiety disorder or some type can be an underlying issue for bigger things(possible depression, or whatever). Tripping can make it worse. But their's also situations, like yours, where it helps

I haven't decided if I want to trip yet. I think I'm waiting to try and solve the problem before I trip

--------------------

Offline_MarsBars_
Punkin' Shroomer

Loc: Norway
    #1232428 - 01/19/03 11:32 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

The same thing happened to me!  I was 17 when this happened and I have just started to come over it (with help from this site aswell, thanx :smile:), I just moved here to Norway (which is basically a cold depressive country ) from Israel where I had my established social life...smoking weed on the beach...in the sun...with good good friends :cool:, and before I got over my old friends and adapted to the new ways of a differant country and new friends (which arent really on the same wavelength as me and look at shrooms as a means of getting "fucked up at a party"), my 2nd time tripping where with these new friends just sitiing in a depressive small ass room and the tone in the environment of the room just got negatively serious and I got so wrapped up in that and the realization of how differant I was from them... it all lead to me shivering in my bed TRYING to sleep it of later on...
What I'm saying is that shrooms make you realize things in a differant way, and if its in a negative way and with people youre not on the same wavelength with it can really stick to your mind, thats what I've learned.  I prefer tripping alone now.  I stress tthe fact that you need to be S-U-R-E about the situation before tripping.  I wont trip again before I've gotten over this anxiety 100% 

--------------------
Dont take drugs to get fucked up, take psychedelics to learn...

OfflineSnuffelzFurever
Psychonaut

Loc: Miami, florida
    #1232601 - 01/20/03 02:14 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

i suggest getting all your shit together before doing mushrooms. establish who you are as a person (much better if you establish who you are as a person to yourself, not to others), before you do shrooms again. i cant tell you not to do acid, because i know its not gonna stop you. and from the sounds of it, yer not gonna smoke pot.
but just the same way your brain doesnt stop developing until 20-22 (some doctor told me that), and rolling would be worse for yer brain before 20-22 than after, tripping now for you, would be much worse than waiting until yer 17 or 18. its not that its bad for your brain, but you are still sorting shit out in life (i would assume), and tripping can really confuse it.
also, mushrooms have a "personality." if you treat them badly, they'll treat you badly. EVERYONE i know who trips week after week FOR FUN, ends up having bad trips relatively early, and they wont stop, until my dumbass friends learn what respect it.

best advice i can offer: keep sober for now, try to deal with other shit first, and disrespect mushrooms (cuz they can kick yer ass)

--------------------
"I think it's time we stop
Children, What's the sound,
Everybody look what's going down"

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Post deleted by Anno [Re: ShRo_0My]
    #1232644 - 01/20/03 02:58 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

OfflineShRo_0My
KillaHo

Re: Tripping leading to anxiety? [Re: ]
    #1233469 - 01/20/03 09:42 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

cool, thanks alot guys. Its to hard not to do shrooms and acid once in a while, they're in so much supply here. (victoria. BC). ill def. cut back, like i have though, maybe on the pot too. Thanks for the help.

peace.

--------------------

Offlinechamp
pudding pop
 User Gallery

Loc: unknown trashscape
    #1236586 - 01/21/03 12:20 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Here's a small bit of advice about the eating healthy/exercise suggestions that other people gave you. Changing your habits is difficult, especially if you are lazy and unmotivated (like I am), so a good thing to do is to create new habits for yourself, starting really small and then moving on to bigger things if you can. To eat healthier, keep a bowl of fruit close to where you spend most of your time, then when you feel snacky you will just eat it-- clementines and bananas are really good and handy, and organic fruit really tastes a lot better than ,ass-produced genetically engineered stuff. If you want to excercise, a bike is the best thing, because it is fun and can also get you places so when you are doing it, itdoesn't feel pointless, like I think jogging or working out can feel. I know that the point is to get in better shape, but if you think to yourself that the point is biking to the store to buy more fruit, then it won't seem boring or like you are pressing yourself into yet another chore-like task for your own good and you feel guilty if you don't do it. I'm no vegan-type, but I wanted to make a few small changes and it has made me feel a lot better. Also, my girlfriend lived in NYC and had a basically unhealthy lifestyle and had to go on zoloft because she got so depressed but now that she doen't live there anymore and eats better and gets a little biking in, she doen't need to take it anymore.

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Re: Tripping leading to anxiety? [Re: champ]
    #1236831 - 01/21/03 02:13 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

good advice.

Yep, small steps are the key.

In some other anxiety topic or something...someone posted something about taking a b complex vitamin or something? and how, the lack of b complex could be the cause of anxiety/depression.

Anyone know anything about this....because I just found a brand new bottle in medicine cabinet.

--------------------

Offlinehuboldium
Re: Tripping leading to anxiety? [Re: juicemonkey]
    #1237023 - 01/21/03 03:10 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

a healthy lifestyle helps out a lot, when i cut all dairy out of my diet i noticed a huge improvement in my general state, biking is a great thing to be doing, especially because you live here in BC, we have some of the worlds best mountain biking trails, its quite a fun sport actually, also take some meditation classes and just meditate for 10-15 minutes in the morning, it works. If you like electronic music then i suggest that you find some intelligently composed downtempo and listen to it whenever you are at home, the soft smooth beats tend to put me in a relaxed and calm state

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience