Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineCyber
Ash
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dearborn Michigan
Dejavu
    #3420239 - 11/28/04 06:38 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

What is dejavu to you? Recently My GF brought up the fact that when on mushrooms she gets large bouts of dejavu. When discussing it I found that what she considers dejavu is not the same as what I call dejavu. When she has dejavu it is knowing a few seconds ahead of time what will be said or done. Knowing what I will say next, how I am about to move, etc. When I get dejavu (Both when on mushrooms and when not on mushrooms) it is a flash of information, I know everything about the next 10, 15, or 20 minuets. What will be said, how it will be said, movements, smells, etc.
A note should be added that I have played with breaking dejavu's. Doing something that is contrary to that the dejavu has shown me will happen. 90% of the time everyone continues on as if reading from a script and never notices my change in the lines. 9% of the time the person will pause, look at me as if they know something is not right , then continue on. The remaining 1% of the time the people seem to realize that I changed what was supposed to happen. Recently my GF let me know she was having a dejavu moment and I asked if she would like to see me break it? She responded sure but it will not work because I know what you are about to do. She was completely astonished when I broke here dejavu and did not do what her dejavu had showed her.

So what is dejavu to you and what are your experiences with it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Re: Dejavu [Re: Cyber]
    #3420274 - 11/28/04 06:45 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

For me, deja vu is nothing more than the sensation of having experienced the exact situation before and not quite being able to remember where or when.

I can't tell you what's going to happen next... and yet, as each little event unfolds after the realization of the deja vu, it seems as if I knew it would happen even though I hadn't "put my finger on what would happen next"

Just sort of like I'm still trying to catch up with what's happening... there is no time to stop and rationalize the moment, all I can do is sit there and observe with awe as each step seems to unfold "exactly as it was meant to"... as if I knew it was to happen that way, but couldn't quite tell you WHY I knew. (ie, not being able to reference a specific memory but just having the fleeting feeling of having experienced it prior.)

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3420299 - 11/28/04 06:51 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I've been getting a ton of them reading here lately, but I have also been dreaming a lot about about reading and writing here lately too so some precognition must be going on with dream time.

To me, it feels like a moment of recognition as in "I know this moment" its happened before. It's like it overlaps itself in a wierd way and eveything matches.

I have found that if I hone in on that energy, I can sometimes get vague "impressions" for future events. I would guess it works because during the moments of de javu you, you are tapping into simultaneous time memory.

I'm still trying to figure out why in the matrix movies, they called it a glitch in the system. Were they meaning that something happened where something was thrown off course into a new direction and the dejavu was just wierd hapen stance of the energetic shifting?

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Dejavu [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #3420300 - 11/28/04 06:52 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

""Dejavu""

this, and that being that and this? :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Re: Dejavu [Re: Gomp]
    #3420354 - 11/28/04 07:02 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

""I'm still trying to figure out why in the matrix movies, they called it a glitch in the system. Were they meaning that something happened where something was thrown off course into a new direction and the dejavu was just weird hapen stance of the energetic shifting?""

just a punch, but it was because it literally made you. man tired, hehe
if you see a movie on computer, then you computer freeze, so you restart and restart the movie, but you put it on like 10sec, before the computer froze, the most intense feeling of dejavu is when you put in on like 23sec, before the computer froze. you had a slight weird "out of the movie feeling" as you restarted, but as you again get the movie online, you register it again, then depending on 10 sec slight dejavu feeling ,1sec almost unotable dejavu, and then if you start it right where your computer 'bugged', 0 seconds and being no dejavu feeling at all??

hihi that was fun?!, good night :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibleCaptainH13
Scum
 User Gallery

#3421563 - 11/28/04 11:02 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

haha ok so im kinda high and i was reading this saying what the fuck is DE-JA`-VU SOO HAHAHAHA SORRY THAT AS FUNNY AS HELL  :blush: :grin: :mushroom2: :heart: :sun: :stoned:(EMOTICons are the shit,hahaa)

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Dejavu [Re: CaptainH13]
    #3421603 - 11/28/04 11:13 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I want what your having!

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineEgoTripping
journeyman
Re: Dejavu [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3421612 - 11/28/04 11:16 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I had a mushroom trip a while ago and for some indefinate amount of time (time didn't mean much at that point) I was predicted everything that was happening at the very same moment it happened. A paradox, but an experience nonetheless. It was such a profound case of Deja-Vu, I still think about it all the time.

If I can go out on a limb...I think Deja-vu is when you realize that 'you've been here before' because you have, most likely pre-birth when you were preparing for Incarnation. But that's just my theory on it.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Dejavu [Re: EgoTripping]
    #3421626 - 11/28/04 11:22 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I think it comes from precognition myself, but who knows for sure. Precognition can only exist if time is simultaneous anyway and that being said, linear time being an illusive construct, if their is a glitch in it, i can see dejavu's sliiping through.

I want to ask gomp, what he thinks may be the cause of the systems glitch, or is the glitch or glitching just a side effect of sorts slipping in and out of linear perception into simultaneous perception?

I don't know why a computer freezes so I can't do the relate to spirit bio tech as far as cause goes.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineEgoTripping
journeyman
    #3421643 - 11/28/04 11:25 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
I think it comes from precognition myself, but who knows for sure. Precognition can only exist if time is simultaneous anyway and that being said, linear time being an illusive construct, if their is a glitch in it, i can see dejavu's sliiping through.

That's another idea I had as well.  Time does not exist outside this 3D world, at least not in the sense that we measure and experience it in.  Deja-vu can be 'breaking through the veil' for just a second, or in my case, many seconds.  Considering the effects of the Mushroom and their close ties to Mysticism/Spirituality, this is very likely.  :thumbup:

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
    #3421720 - 11/28/04 11:45 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

There have been some pretty convincing studies that show Deja Vu to be a phenomenon which occurs when one part of the brain processes information two or more times in rapid succession prior to actual cognition of what was observed. Some sensory information is forwarded to another part of the brain, and then it is mistakenly forwarded a second time. One part of the brain receives the same information twice within a tiny fraction of a second, giving the individual the feeling that what they are becoming aware of has happened before. It has been likened to seizures and other forms of neural hyperactivity, and has also been speculatively connected to vitamin deficiency.

It's logical to infer that psychedelic drug use might cause just such a "glitch in the system" as this. None of this is proven, but personally I prefer to speak of Deja Vu in these terms than noisy musings about reincarnation or the nature of time.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

Offlinerelativexistance
"beads, bees!?!?beads ....BEADS!!!"
 User Gallery

#3421725 - 11/28/04 11:46 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Dejavu is an interesting phenomenon, I see it as others have said as the feeling of being somewhere doing something or being in the same situation but at a different time, but the perdicament is that you are going through that moment just then. One possible explaination I thought it could be is that the human brain is constantly learning and formulating pathways for everything actions, words whatever. When you redo that action or whatever the brain is just like hey i know this i did this before and it goes down that pathway that it previously learned. It also maps locations and such. When the person goes to a place the brain makes another pathway for being in that area with all the information stored on that route. So whenever the person goes through that area it links back to that path that it formulated for that area. Then sometimes you can being doing something, the first action that the brain learned and its using that similar pathway, but your also in that same location using the other pathway. Its using both and then sort of combines the two into one more efficient pathway. Then some sort of crazy brain function goes on where its like woa ive been here and done this before, but i couldnt have because it just happened now, but actually its just learning the new pathway and it realizes its doing something different, but it seems so familiar, because it used such similar routes. I dunno im ranting now about some stupid shit i have no information or education on. either way i dunno what the explaination is though it could very well be some sort of link in time between parallel worlds or something or some sort of predetermined destiny or something.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Dejavu [Re: relativexistance]
    #3421758 - 11/28/04 11:55 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I get them all the time. It's more then just recognising every detail of the moment as if you experienced it in the exact same detail before. Something additional happens, it's like time freezes for the moment or goes into a state of suspension, the FEELING of the moment shifts as well, not just the mental recognition takes place.

Once, when I lived in St. Thomas, I was just walking out of my bathroom, like I had a bajillion times and was hit with one HARD. It stunned me and I just tuned out and tuned into it cuz the feeling was so intense. I got the impression of me living in a sunny tropical place, but it wasn't St. thomas.

i came out of it and shook it off and forgot about it. I was loving life there and had NO intentions or plans for ever leaving.

A few weeks later a nasty hurricane wiped the island out, and my husband suggested we blow out and move to kauai. We did 2 weeks later. After being there for a month, i remembered the impression from that dejavu.

I got the chills realising it. I went from the atlantic carribean to the mid pacific but was still on a tropical sunny island. Freaky. Milder ones have happened, but enough that all came to explain themselves that I suggest to people to tune in and tune out and feel around the energy of a dejavu for some future insight. It's fun to see what you can pull out of it.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Dejavu [Re: Ped]
    #3421765 - 11/28/04 11:57 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Ped said:
It has been likened to seizures and other forms of neural hyperactivity

key word being "HYPER" the word reffers to added dimensions.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineCyber
Ash
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dearborn Michigan
Re: Dejavu [Re: Ped]
    #3422257 - 11/29/04 06:11 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Ped said:
There have been some pretty convincing studies that show Deja Vu to be a phenomenon which occurs when one part of the brain processes information two or more times in rapid succession prior to actual cognition of what was observed.

Ped, This explanation works for the ones who define dejavu as having the feeling that they have been there before. (Which seems to be the predominate definition) but falls short for those who know what will happen over the next 30 sec, 1 min, 10 min, 15 min, etc.

I guess mine would be more precognition that dejavu.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

#3422436 - 11/29/04 09:08 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

""I want to ask gomp, what he thinks may be the cause of the systems glitch, or is the glitch or glitching just a side effect of sorts slipping in and out of linear perception into simultaneous perception?""

thinking energy cut, but dont know? ;D

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#3422475 - 11/29/04 09:31 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

if you ever watched a clock go backwards, you have been in position to Deja Vu.
when you are entheogenized, the sense of time is corrupted by the lack of passage. New stuff is constantly coming in but you may easily opt to stay in previous moments that don't fade consistently or as quickly.
If you are in both times, you may experience the present but attend the past few minutes, then all at once you can drop the daydream immersion in past mind moments surfacing rapidly to the current world that you have familiarity with since you never actually left it.

It seems as if by majic that things fall into the places you expect, since normally you are not that astute about what should come next. It is really the sudden waking from partial attention and rich immersion in "the recent past". You are astute since you have bennhere all along.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3422596 - 11/29/04 10:20 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Gomp,

what do you postulate about a surge causing the cut and glitch time being restoration?

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#3422709 - 11/29/04 11:07 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

it is considered that the reticular formation in the medulla oblongata sets up interference permitting sleep and it stops sending interference allowing us to wake up. the interference jams signals from the body. the interference could be set up by standing wave support out of the cerebellum. This may be on call (at will or trainable) so that we can intentionally fall asleep and wake up (reticular jamming to sleep and reticular clearing to wake).
this same system can trigger sinking into TIME on entheogen, and emerging from TIME into a Deja Vu catharsis.
one startles into it, as if emerging from sleep.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Dejavu [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3422970 - 11/29/04 12:32 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

theres many threads on this, so all i will add to this one is

1. i also notice a huge increase in deja vu when on shrooms
2. i suspect deja vu has to do with the fact that linear time is an illusion and all things basically have already happend. Thus certain times the illusion breaks down or cracks and we realize that we 'already knew that was going to happen' or whatever... basically we only see events as going from a to b because of a limitation of our mind, so certain times that limitation is overriden and we realize what we percieve as coming from the future or whatever was always inside us...

hard to explain

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract