Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
One contamination after another
    #3389467 - 11/20/04 02:26 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I have been trying to get more jars started but they all contaminate. I've been cloning a strain and using mycelium syringes. Last time my whole batch went to shit. A few weeks ago I recieved a different mycelium syringe and made one jar to test it. The fucking substrate is covered in green and cow web. I've been using micron filters that I bought two years ago, could they been causing the problem? Or am I just fucking up? I even have a glovebox that I have used successfully and got a huge yield. Fucking gay.

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemuse_sick
ĤŌĿŶĞЋ0$Ŧ

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Giu La Testa
Re: One contamination after another [Re: downforpot]
    #3389523 - 11/20/04 02:41 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

we need more details on your setup, sterilization process, etc. before we could possibly answer the question

--------------------
:beakedwhale:

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: One contamination after another [Re: muse_sick]
    #3389555 - 11/20/04 02:49 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Hey, do can you give me a link to a cthulu site so i can read more about em? I've heard a couple of songs about em and i wanna research it. thankx...and about your contams. I know Exactly what you mean, djred'll tell ya ALLL about it, i've had nothing But contams lately. You def. shouldn't use those old polyfilters and i dont know what more else to tell you, i mean, what procedures do you use? and a glovebox is good as long as you keep it sterile. O and if all your jars go contams then it's your spores, if you have 12 jars and All of them get contaminated then it's more than likely a spore prob. well post back about ur setup and procedures, well gl, later

Offlineatomic1
enthusiast
Male

Loc: Appalachia
Re: One contamination after another [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #3389635 - 11/20/04 03:11 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Why would he not want to use those old polyfilters? You can't be safer than using a filter. It'll be sterilized in the pc. I don't see a downfall.

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: One contamination after another [Re: atomic1]
    #3389652 - 11/20/04 03:15 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Oh yeah I know, what i'm sayin is maybe he should go out and get new one incase, filters are awesome, but the older they get the less they...filter...kind of like the filter on your a/c, it only can be used so many times or collect so much shit until it starts to wear out. Gl and you may not need to get new ones but it's always better to be safe than sorry and anyways you can get tyvek for free from your local post office.

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
Re: One contamination after another [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #3389707 - 11/20/04 03:27 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I use a pc, one pint jars, with plastic tops, micron filters(I have a hundred of them, I haven't even used them all). I have a glovebox with two fans, filtered by micron filters. I sterelize my syringes with either ho2, alcohol, or a lighter. The substrate consists of rice flour or whole grain rice with vercimulite.

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3389716 - 11/20/04 03:29 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

It may be very possiable taht your house is CRAMMED full of the nasties. The last house I lived in I had very serious contaims problems despite my best efforts.

Try and do all your work next time outside. You may find that 90% of your troubles melt away.

But really we need more info to help you

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3391713 - 11/21/04 12:46 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

downforpot said:I sterelize my syringes with either ho2, alcohol, or a lighter.

that could be the weak link. clean up your syringes and needles properly, with bleach, or heat & pressure if possible. better still, get new ones.

never empty contaminated jars in the growroom. always religiously wash your hands and forearms. don't forget a facemask....... the list is almost endless. good luck mate.

--------------------
buh

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: One contamination after another [Re: shirley knott]
    #3393409 - 11/21/04 03:46 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Old filters arent a problem. Its nothing like a filter in your ac, that has air constantly running through it. Were talking about tyvek type stuff.

Try cleaning everything and make sure when you empty those nasties you arent spreading the spores around. Use anti bacterial soap and gloves and the glove box. How are you sterilizing the substrate?

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract