Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Portable Greenhouse, Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Windows of Opportunity!
    #3368643 - 11/16/04 02:02 PM (13 years, 28 days ago)

Swami said in the hippy thread of the hippy era, "It was as if a window opened into "what could be" (kind of like a trip itself), but the reality never coalesced. When the window closed, it was almost as if it never happened."

Damn that grabbed my attention! I think these windows of opportunity for radical change open all of the time. I was relating that one to one that seemed to open from 94-04 for me and it feels like its been closing up.

Lots of different ones open and close for different people and groups at different times. From the outside looking in, they all probably look "high" and as if they are wasting themselves away in escapists/rebel lifestyles.

One of the big differences between the one of the hippy era and the one I am reffering to is that the drugs weren't needed for many to transition into peace/love type energy and getting high.

The drug was light, information that shot you into oblivion. Blah blah blah anyway........................what i wanted to say is that, maybe for a lot of us who are wondering, where its all been gone to lately (the feel of other message board networks who got in on that window) perhaps, we won't coalease as a group, because we are located across the globe, but I can say that the energy of that time for me has coalesed into my personal way of life.

Even though the "new age" is tanking hard and fast for that genre, It's as if it didn't happen in that most of it was in the other realms of consciousness, but so many have integrated it into their physical way of being, it did happen and change occurred in many individuals. I am a different person, radically different. Ya, its been a trip, but one that has left its mark of change.

Even though I am coming back down to earth now, I bring a lot from my travels with me.

The main thing I wanted to suggest was that , ya maybe the hippies didn't change life as we know it for the whole of the planet, but maybe a lot of them changed their individual lifes as they knew them and took some good along that they have coalesed into their personal lives to this day. Maybe some just came out feeling disillusioned with nothing changed like many recent new agers. It's all relative.

I think the hippies did a lot for sexual liberation through music and public demonstration. They got a lot of attention and still do, retro is hot now.

They didn't overcome global materialism, and maybe their window wasn't about overcoming that one. Maybe that window hasn't even openned yet. I think theirs was more about sexual expression, women becoming more sexually empowered and making it okay for men to get in touch with and express their softer side.

I just wanted to share this for consideration and maybe discussion.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Windows of Opportunity! [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3369006 - 11/16/04 03:30 PM (13 years, 28 days ago)

the child of the hippies, got hippy genes :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Windows of Opportunity! [Re: Gomp]
    #3369145 - 11/16/04 04:00 PM (13 years, 28 days ago)

"as if it didn't happen in that most of it was in the other realms of consciousness, but so many have integrated it into their physical way of being, it did happen and change occurred in many individuals. I am a different person, radically different. Ya, its been a trip, but one that has left its mark of change.

Even though I am coming back down to earth now, I bring a lot from my travels with me. "

so, your saying your sort of had a come up, a peak and a come down on this cosmic ride? because that is definetly how ive felt. for a while there i was experiencing reality in a very different way, and the theories and paradigms that i now believe i was actively percieving...

but i too feel like i have 'come back down to earth' the wierd thing is that both of these stages (up and down) seemed to happen simultaneously with me and you...

wierd.

i think its still going in waves. like an E trip, we go UUUUUUP and we come down and then we go UUUUUUP....

who knows what will happen?
i definetly also took some of that wisdom with me down into this physical realm to but maybe not as much as i should have, due to certain self -inhibiting decisions.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Offlinedeff
lovelightbliss
 User Gallery

Loc: all this Flag
Re: Windows of Opportunity! [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3369241 - 11/16/04 04:27 PM (13 years, 28 days ago)

it's the nature of the wave :wink:

Some are focused on such an extreme relative scale that they only see a flat line, others focused inward to only see the rises or falls.

But it's a wave, ride it out :cool:

(or something)

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Windows of Opportunity! [Re: deff]
    #3369281 - 11/16/04 04:38 PM (13 years, 28 days ago)

Windows-waves, ya

funny how some last for decades and some for weekends or minutes. Some take you out of the stratospher, some just to clouds, some to the tree tops and some to the molten core.

I think cognition has a lot to do with what you bring back from them, how cognitive you were while in the window of opportunity or riding the wave. Some enter the window but sdon't see the opportunity. Some catch the wave and then just get pummeled by it and are left going WTF?

Sometimes, its like a bubble of awe coming down from over head. Then you climb on top of it and then you drop into and then it pops and plunks your ass back down.

You're like , "cool ride. I wanna do that again." bubble tokin ha ha.

For sure they keep coming and the essense is always different and what you get from them is what you make and take from them.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlinedeff
lovelightbliss
 User Gallery

Loc: all this Flag
    #3369312 - 11/16/04 04:48 PM (13 years, 28 days ago)

to me, it's like a hyperdimensional oscillating and convectional 'jelly' sphere of infinite existence

goo goo good :cool:

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Windows of Opportunity! [Re: deff]
    #3369409 - 11/16/04 05:10 PM (13 years, 28 days ago)

That makes for a great visual!  :thumbup: goo goo good. I relate to the goo part too. Some times the energy in some of this waves if ya suck it in make you feel like you are filled with what I call joy goo. :grin:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlinedmtrypr
psychonauticalengineer

Loc: Florida
    #3370512 - 11/16/04 08:29 PM (13 years, 27 days ago)

Perhaps the waves of reality are formed of vibrating light, reverberating with a song, played by all of existence. It is up to us to either harmonize or create dischord. Some play solos, while others play back-up. Some don't play at all! It feels like the composition is reaching a crescendo, I wonder what the denouement will be like?

--------------------
"There is no greater power in heaven and earth than the thought of the son of man. Though unseen by the eyes of the body,yet each thought has mighty strength, even such strength can shake the heavens." -Gospel of the Essenes

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Windows of Opportunity! [Re: dmtrypr]
    #3370563 - 11/16/04 08:39 PM (13 years, 27 days ago)

Wow, that sounds sorta like something I wrote in one of hues threads a few weeks back.

Another fun visual. :thumbup:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #3370675 - 11/16/04 08:58 PM (13 years, 27 days ago)

I think that the window of opportunity from the liberal 60s and 70s did not pass without something slipping through. America's newfound concern for the environment and our more sensitive approach to diversity and social equality are products of this. We also got this forum and a lot of cool tunes.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Windows of Opportunity! [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3371039 - 11/16/04 10:00 PM (13 years, 27 days ago)

:thumbup:

I don't know the full history on eco-awareness. When did green peace form?

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #3371385 - 11/16/04 10:59 PM (13 years, 27 days ago)

Green Peace was a product of the early 70s. I don't personally agree with them. They place the safety of humans at risk during protests. I feel the notion of animal rights (oh, God...here we go)is fundementally flawed. As a hunter and fisherman I see mankind as the stewards of nature, while most hard corps animal rights people would rate humans as inferior. I was refering to our country's more enlightened views on pollution and greenhouse gasses.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Windows of Opportunity! [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3371401 - 11/16/04 11:02 PM (13 years, 27 days ago)

Balance is key. Even with their flaws, they have raised awarness about a lot of good issues. What doesn't run to one extreme or another? LOL

All in all, you added good stuff to what slipped through the window!

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Portable Greenhouse, Scales

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology