Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineska8ball
anaxagoras
Overcoming a bad trip
    #1443546 - 04/09/03 05:16 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

i dont know if this should be in the spirituality and philosophy forums but if u read to the end u will realize why i posted it here. Last February me and some friends went to French alps to go snowboarding, we each took with us 2.5g of really potent Mexicans. I did not expect to trip so hard however, i seem to have a low tolerance to shrooms. Anyways, after a long day of very meditative snowboarding i got into a bit of an argument with my friend max who was not shrooming (i won?t explain cause it was stupid) but we sorted it out before i went to meet my other friends to trip. The thought that these bad emotions would cause me to have a bad trip crossed my mind but i dismissed them as mere anticipation. I got to the hotel/cabin place where my friends were staying. After having trouble finding the room I finally shouted PHIL!!! KYLE!! really loud and they opened the door. When i got inside i was in a lighthearted mood and forgot about the earlier incident - but i was not fully prepared for what was to come. We each took our shrooms out and began munching down. I had not eaten the whole day and not much the day before which caused me to feel the effects as soon as i finished eating! i had only done wet shrooms before and didn?t expect it to hit so quick or hard.  I don?t know what happened but i got a really negative feeling that began to grow with each and every second... i thought that my argument before could have left negativity in me. I was not properly tripping yet so i tried to get a hold of myself, trying to laugh at my foolishness. I began to get angry because i felt like i was in a good mood but a bad mood was being forced onto me - i screamed AHHHHH WHY THE FUCK DO I FEEL SO NEGATIVE FUCK... WHAT THE HELL... ect. soon enough the bad feeling took over and i began to get very very scared and had much anxiety.. my friend kyle, who was tripping for the first time handled it very well- but before I go on i must give some background information: i used to be quite depressed about what i could achieve and had low self esteem, kyle had always told me this was because i never believed i could achieve anything, he had constantly helped me with such problems in the past - Well back to the story, he told me, "its all in your mind if you believe u can control it you can!" - these may have not been his exact words but u get the jist of things. He said this just as the trip began to get intense but it gave me the mental relief that i needed to combat the bad trip, when he?d tell me this in the past i  would argue with him saying that i was just worthless ect. BUT this time i truly believed it. He left me alone and i lay with my face in the pillow of a bed... every time i would close my eyes i would be falling through this weird hole that was in the mountain but it felt like i was falling down a mountain at the same time- it was weird- this sensation was soo real that  i felt that i was going to go insane... but i kept on pondering on the concept of believing that i could overcome such an extreme situation - and after 15-20 min of hard mental battle i began to win the fight... the good feelings began to take over the bad and BAM all of a sudden i stopped fallin. I felt like i was going to puke so i ran to the bathroom but only gagged - this strangely caused all the colors in the room to get more vibrant and morph! It felt like this gag was symbolically the release of the bad omen within me... after this the trip went amazingly - i have never felt so close to these two freinds. We had laughs and the deepest conversations iv ever had in my life - i didnt think my mind would ever understand such things... but it did. In the end this was probably one of the best experiences of my life and it made me realize that the mind can overcome anything - if you truly believe it can... This trip was the hardest emotional, spirtual and mental challenge i have ever had to face and with the help of my freinds, i was able to conquer it? quite an amazing feeling really. There is too much to say about how this trip was good after that for me to inscribe right now, but maybe ill give a full trip report one day! TRIPPING HAS FREED MY MIND    :laugh:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: Overcoming a bad trip [Re: ska8ball]
    #1443619 - 04/09/03 05:42 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

hey dude nice story!

You should cut down on your signature though, cause it makes the screen really wide and I have to scroll side to side to read your post.

Offlinerommstein2001
Rise ye Must!
 User Gallery

Loc: South GA
Re: Overcoming a bad trip [Re: Dogomush]
    #1444503 - 04/09/03 10:22 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Bad trips usually don't last more than 10 minutes of the total trip or so for me, that's how I usually overcome it, or by looking at a colorful poster.

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Overcoming a bad trip [Re: rommstein2001]
    #1445430 - 04/10/03 02:26 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I guess I 'bad-tripped' heh for at least a short while on my first few powerful trips - I stopped them by stepping back and realizing that getting too offended, paranoid, humiliated, embarrassed, confused, scared... about one little piece (no matter WHAT upset me for the most part) of the main "thought/mindscape," while it may be "exciting," is a rather poor way to spend my time during these precious minutes of the trip (the thing I had thought about for many sober hours; THE TRIP :wink:), in my opinion :smile:. Once I just "stepped back" and looked at the situation and realized I wasn't thinking the right way and making it as fun and beautiful as it could be right at that moment because I was stuck searching for some little bug/glitch in the past, and I got happy.... worked every time heh and no I didn't like rip off my clothes and dance around or anything :wink: I'm generally pretty still on a trip although I sometimes wiggle my toes to music without noticing heheh

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (04/10/03 02:33 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology