Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Insight from trips
    #1523782 - 05/06/03 03:05 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I'm relatively inexperienced in tripping. I only recently had my first real strong full-on trip, and I know that tripping can give you profound insight. But my question is: do you find you have to reflect upon your trip to keep that insight, or does it just come naturally?

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: Insight from trips [Re: silversoul7]
    #1523948 - 05/06/03 07:12 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

well there is "attenion"...
and there is "inattention"...
and there is "wu wei"...
and there is "rigidity"...
there is "focus"...
and there is "reckless abandon"...
there is discipline & sloth...
there is awareness & ingorance...
there is being & becoming...
there is i & thou...
there i thou and that...
there is this, that, and the other thing...
there is here & now...
there is there & then...
there is aye & nay...
~
i would suggest... observe closely...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Edited by gnrm23 (05/06/03 07:16 AM)

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
    #1523961 - 05/06/03 07:20 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I'm relatively inexperienced in tripping. I only recently had my first real strong full-on trip, and I know that tripping can give you profound insight. But my question is: do you find you have to reflect upon your trip to keep that insight, or does it just come naturally?

During your trip you should NOT try to rationalize what is going on. But I think it is a good idea to reflect on the experience the day after the trip. During the trip it is important to realise that you are the one controlling all you experience, and have a passive, compassionate attitude. Then you will gain some insight.

Invisiblebuttonion
Calmly Watching

Loc: Kansas
    #1524058 - 05/06/03 08:37 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

If you are talking about incorporating insights gained from a trip into your normal non-tripping state, this is definitely an active as opposed to a passive process. You are talking about breaking intrenched, habituated behavior- the path of least resistence after a trip is to fall back into your old comfortable ways of thinking and behaving. You must consciously decide to change yourself according to what you learn if this is what you want, and it will take some work.

--------------------
Concepts which have been proved to be useful in ordering things easily acquire such an authority over us that we forget their human origins and accept them as invariable.- Albert Einstein

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
    #1524062 - 05/06/03 08:43 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I'd say it depends :wink:

Some insights tend to fade in a way if you don't remind yourself of them once in a while. As an example, let's say that during a trip you get the insight "anger is an ego game that I don't have to play". Later on you may forget this and get caught up in anger during activities in your ordinary life. So sometimes it's good to remind yourself about such insights in between trips. Other insights might make such a strong impression that they stay with you all the time. And there are also insights that don't arise at all until after the trip when you think about the experience.

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
Re: Insight from trips [Re: Rhizoid]
    #1524114 - 05/06/03 09:31 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

My advice is to take the insights that work, as opposed to the insights that you really liked at the time. For example you might believe on a high dose of drugs that you are a prophet. I hesitate to call that an insight, its more of an ego boost. On the other hand if you realize "I havent been honest enough with my friends and family", well thats a real insight into your life, something you can use to change. Try acting on it and see if your life changes for the better.

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

OfflineSole_Worthy
Stranger

Loc: over here
    #1524167 - 05/06/03 10:09 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I tend to find the insights fade. On a trip you might feel really driven to change but as soon as that feeling goes so does the drive. I had one trip I had where I saw how I should be living me life and it wasnt until weeks afterords when I started putting it all into practise.

--------------------
get it all together get like birds of a feather

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: Insight from trips [Re: Sole_Worthy]
    #1524186 - 05/06/03 10:19 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

when you're tripping you get confirmations of your realizations. your own mind is telling you 'yes, yes, this feels good, this makes sense.' so it's alot easier to flow with your thoughts.

when you're sober you have no such confirmations. an opportunity to sort out your emotions almost seems like a waste of time, and any personal growth from it almost seems like an illusion.

i think when you trip it's like a firm reminder "Hey, remember me? I'm you're peaceful creative loving core. I am your center." and you can see how your environment has been playing on your emotions daily, almost as if someone throws a chart right down in front of you and points it out.

so I'd say it's all about trusting yourself, that you are doing what's right for you, even when you can't see any immediate results.

OfflineYou_are_God
^So are We^
Loc: The Dream Game...
Re: Insight from trips [Re: Grav]
    #1525000 - 05/06/03 03:32 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

It will all come together in due time...there is no other "choice"

OfflineSalvia_B
Stranger
    #1525012 - 05/06/03 03:36 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

When i trip i usually try to meditate for as long as possible, or for at least the peak of the experience. I will try to not think, but feel the energies, spirits, and life around me, these are what turn into "insights", but to interpret them corectly afterwards (return of ego) can be a challenge.

OfflineCotlYogi
Meditator
Idea 4 u [Re: You_are_God]
    #1525036 - 05/06/03 03:48 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Me and my friends are going to trip soon on about level 3-4 and what we have done is stored what we call a question bank in our mids to burst during shrooming. We are also going to have a tape recorder and note pad to record our thoughts when we are reflecting after the peak. We are probably going to meditate the day before and maybe in the morning of that day. I might try meditating on shrooms 8-)... but i shall report it afterwards.... it's always nice to have a flexible schedule so that u can experiment with your trippiness... reflection with friends who were also trippin about 6-8 hours after consumption is really chill.

--------------------
Both NanaCotl's and Yoga are mind expanding methods of deep understanding. Mastering Yoga is my goal, Shrooms are my stepping ladder.
May your life be a battle of understanding and liberation from misunderstanding.

InvisibleLeft Nut City
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #1525131 - 05/06/03 04:32 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

To me taking a trip is like climbing into a canoe and paddling down a completely unknown river. What happens, happens. However, I NEVER fail to learn something very important while tripping.

In fact, as an experiment one time I took a trip at the worst possible time in order to experience a bad trip. I had just broken up with my long time girlfriend, I had a major cold, and I tripped alone. I got what I bargained for, believe me it was a BAD trip. However, I will never forget the experience and what I learned. I feel like a different person after that trip and it means more to me overall.

Accept what the trip has to tell you, keep your eyes open and be willing to learn from it.

I believe you begin to truly understand shit after tripping. To me it is a blessed sacrament to eat shrooms.

Don't get me wrong, there are other times when I've shroomed and it was a 6 hour comedy marathon -- leaving me exhausted from laughing so hard, so long.

Wherever the river flows...

OfflineShroomStrider
Wanderer

#1525362 - 05/06/03 06:07 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

On my most recent mushroom trip I wrote down most of my thoughts
The next day I went through it all and sorted out all the meaningless stuff and I was left with some great insight!

--------------------
'It's a complete realization of the aims of psychedelia. But if you take LSD what you experience depends entirely on who you are. Our music may give you the screaming horrors or throw you into screaming ecstasy. Mostly it's the latter.' Roger Waters

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Insight from trips [Re: Left Nut City]
    #1525759 - 05/06/03 08:42 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

My problem is that I keep reflecting on my last trip and searching for some sort of insight, but I just remember it as a good time getting fucked up, and that's it. I guess I shouldn't try and force some sort of deeper meaning on the experience, but I wanted it to be more than just a recreational experience.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

#1525789 - 05/06/03 08:49 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

you shouldnt feel bad about that at all.

the first time on shrooms (if youve never tripped before), sometimes all you can do is sit back and watch as shit gets fucked up and laugh your ass off. i know I did the first few times i ate 'em.

OfflineViBrAnT
WaRpInG &sPiRaLiNg
    #1526397 - 05/06/03 11:52 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

After a few trips you will learn when to sit with reality, and when to penetrate it, thats where your new encounters, revelations, e.s.p., interdemensional beings will all come in. I just wanna ask one thing, has anyone ever seen the " It ". I met a chik that called it that, it look slike a million colored strings that break away into nothingness. intense feelings of "bigness" and "smallness with the universe. I know whats happening when its happening, but i always forget what happened right after, i just remember that i knew everything.

--------------------
" liken this life illusory, for your sand castle will one day be adrift amongst the wind "

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1526420 - 05/06/03 11:58 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Some things fade. Society forces you to conform to some degree.....you have to accept that fact.

The things that stay with you should often be remembered, otherwise you will relapse and think 'it wasn't real, just a hallucination'. But while tripping (shrooms especially), you KNOW some things are real, and you should preserve them.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Insight from trips [Re: Murex]
    #1526456 - 05/07/03 12:10 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

But while tripping (shrooms especially), you KNOW some things are real, and you should preserve them.

And just EXACTLY how do you discern which things are real when your normal cognitive functions are impaired from psilocybin?

"Hmmm, let's see, the dripping wallpaper is not real, but that grey alien certainly is real - or is it the other way around?"

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Edited by Swami (05/07/03 12:11 AM)

Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Loc: in your house :)
Re: Insight from trips [Re: Swami]
    #1526465 - 05/07/03 12:12 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

well the most that i get out of my trips is that life should be experienced and enjoyed and felt ya know. glad to be here on earth and i tend to the realization that we all should do whatever we can to make other people's lives as pleasant and possible. not to worry about petty shit and just overall get more humbled and at ease with myself and surroundings. only thing is that everyone else isn't humbled and you feel in some sorts of a paradox but hey its the price u gotta pay :smile:

--------------------
Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.
- Abraham Lincoln: Speech in the Illinois House of Representatives, Dec 18, 1840.

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Re: Insight from trips [Re: Swami]
    #1527942 - 05/07/03 02:47 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

And just EXACTLY how do you discern which things are real when your normal cognitive functions are impaired from psilocybin?

By remembering what was real before you ate mushrooms. Anything that no longer jives with reality while you are hallucinating, isn't "real".

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
Re: Insight from trips [Re: pattern]
    #1528418 - 05/07/03 06:07 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

all i know is....

alot of crazy thoughts materialize in your mind when you're on shrooms, and most of them do not translate well into sober reality, because....you think differently when you are in different mindstates.

i find that i get kinda cynical when im on mushrooms, and that feeling lingers for a few days. but also....shrooms give me a good brain cleaning, they flush out all the garbage thats built up in my synapses.

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

#1530435 - 05/08/03 10:26 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Yea, as long as you're not so eager to eat up everything you think while tripping as "real", then I think you can work with thoughts from sober reality quite well.
just dont be a slob about it.
unless your really kidding yourself or tripping godzilla balls then I think you can seperate the babble from the substance.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1530466 - 05/08/03 10:44 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Shrooms have reminded me to remind myself to "slow down, buddy... relax... you've got a lifetime"

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (05/08/03 10:45 AM)

InvisibleTeragon
Noddy

Loc: Lost in the Patterns
Re: Insight from trips [Re: Strumpling]
    #1530482 - 05/08/03 10:52 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Tripping can(and has) made me cry from the pure knowledge of existence. It lets me realize how really amazing it is to be alive and to have senses. Last Friday all I could do was ponder how unfathomably(word?) wonderful it was to be alive here on this Earth. Never be sad, for you exist! :grin: 

--------------------
need that cash to feed them jones.

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Re: Insight from trips [Re: Teragon]
    #1530495 - 05/08/03 10:59 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Shrooms make me feel like a human.

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1530511 - 05/08/03 11:09 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Shrooms make me feel like an animal :smile:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1530514 - 05/08/03 11:09 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Shrooms make me feel like God.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Re: Insight from trips [Re: Murex]
    #1530519 - 05/08/03 11:12 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

All aspects of a human.  :wink:

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1530532 - 05/08/03 11:16 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

There's a quote from an album I recently got that says "you're so busy going from A to Z... that you forget that there's uhh.. 24 letters in between."

--------------------

InvisibleTeragon
Noddy

Loc: Lost in the Patterns
    #1530543 - 05/08/03 11:22 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

What album?

--------------------
need that cash to feed them jones.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: Insight from trips [Re: Teragon]
    #1530708 - 05/08/03 12:21 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Infected Mushroom - Converting Vegetarians :smile:

--------------------

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

#1531255 - 05/08/03 03:05 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Their new album is great!! I like it alot better than BP Empire.

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1533477 - 05/09/03 02:23 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

yeah man two cds packed with different types of electronic grooves

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom