Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleClean
the lense
Male User Gallery

E-Voting is the death of what we consider to be democracratic elections
    #3339945 - 11/10/04 04:13 AM (12 years, 28 days ago)

Electronic Voting Fraud
------------------

"There is no federal agency that has regulatory authority over the elections industry according to Brian Hancock, spokesperson for the Federal Election Commission (FEC), and Jorge Martinez, spokesperson for the Department of Justice (DOJ)."

------------------

It has been estimated that in 2004 one out of every five voters used an electronic voting system. Without a concretely certifiable paper trail, and the fact that e-voting systems contain modems for internet access, this method of polling is ripe for fraudulent activity.

After the debacle of 2000 the U.S. General Accounting Office (GAO) responded to a Congressional request about the "status and use of federal voting equipment standards". Their inquiry found that the Federal Elections Commission (FEC) "Has not proactively maintained the voting equipment standards."

In 2002, along with the Help America Vote Act which introduced e-voting as the solution to the problems of 2000, the FEC released their revised set of voting systems standards. We would like to think that the FEC would strictly uphold the nationwide standards for testing the new voting systems. This is not the case. Instead, a Texas based group called The National Association of State Election Directors (NASED) "assumed the responsibility of implementing the FEC standards."

Signed by Tom Daschle, Trent Lott and others, the GAO report says this about the NASED; "NASED is comprised of chief election officials from every state and territory of the U.S. and provides a forum for state elections officials to share information about their duties, responsibilities, methods of operation, and suggestions for improving elections laws."

Through a committee of "selected local and state election officials and technical advisors" NASED refers the responsibility of testing and qualifying machine voting systems against FEC standards to an Independent Testing Authority (ITA).

This elections cycle, the CIBER corporation was chosen as an ITA by the NASED, placing it in charge of testing the nations e-voting systems. Unfortunately for the American voter, CIBER shows a pattern of neglect when it comes to testing a systems' most crucial facet; security. The corporation's own documents (obtained by BlackBoxVoting.org under the Freedom of Information Act) shows that crucial tests such as penetration analysis, vulnerable entry points, methods of attack, and accepting "minus" or negative votes were all marked "not applicable/not tested".

Perhaps more troubling is the fact that the only group to charge itself with the responsibility of assuring that voting machines comply with any standards at all, the voting systems committee of the National Association of State Elections Directors, received the results of CIBER's woefully inadequate tests and certified the systems anyway.

According to the Center for Responsive Politics, a nonpartisan group, CIBER, employees and some spouses have donated more than $72,000 to GOP candidates and groups during the 2001-2002 and 2003-2004 election cycles while Democratic donations associated to the firm were $3,000. Thanks to CIBER and the complicit NASED, today just two Republican-controlled corporations, Election Systems and Software ( ES&S) and Diebold Voting Systems, and a British-based company, Sequoia, control about 80% of the e-vote count in the U.S.

--------------
exit polls vs. machine results

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinephi1618
old hand

Re: E-Voting is the death of what we consider to be democracratic elections [Re: Clean]
    #3339962 - 11/10/04 04:24 AM (12 years, 28 days ago)

This has been posted before.

As several people pointed out, the author could have easily selected the data to fit his case. additionally, electronic voting in many states was on a county by county basis; so not all counties in Ohio, for instance, used electronic voting machines.

The general consensus (in so far as such a thing is ever reached here) is that voting machines should produce a preferably paper audit trail.

However, only a minority believe that the 2004 presidental election was stolen through fraud.

InvisibleOneforthemasses
Like My Tits?

Loc: Eatin' at the "Y"
Re: E-Voting is the death of what we consider to be democracratic elections [Re: Clean]
    #3340256 - 11/10/04 07:20 AM (12 years, 27 days ago)

I liked the punch cards but we can thank Floridians for fucking that up.

--------------------
Like my tits?

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
Re: E-Voting is the death of what we consider to be democracratic elections [Re: phi1618]
    #3340392 - 11/10/04 08:37 AM (12 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

However, only a minority believe that the 2004 presidental election was stolen through fraud.

Your point being. A minority elected george bush.

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

InvisibleOneforthemasses
Like My Tits?

Loc: Eatin' at the "Y"
Re: E-Voting is the death of what we consider to be democracratic elections [Re: 1stimer]
    #3340393 - 11/10/04 08:39 AM (12 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

A minority elected george bush.

A majority of voters did, and that's what counts. What makes you think that a majority (if we let everyone vote) of the people would of voted for Kerry?

--------------------
Like my tits?

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
Re: E-Voting is the death of what we consider to be democracratic elections [Re: Oneforthemasses]
    #3340403 - 11/10/04 08:42 AM (12 years, 27 days ago)

Al Gore won the popular vote. Under any delegation or scenario of recounts, Gore won the election. A slant in the Supreme Court slid George Bush down the Washington slide.

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: E-Voting is the death of what we consider to be democracratic elections [Re: zahudulallah]
    #3340525 - 11/10/04 09:48 AM (12 years, 27 days ago)

Incorrect. Gore lost every single recount.

pinky

--------------------

OfflineAaronEvil
The GuitarVillain
Male

Loc: California
Re: E-Voting is the death of what we consider to be democracratic elections [Re: Oneforthemasses]
    #3340528 - 11/10/04 09:49 AM (12 years, 27 days ago)

Either punch card or scan voting.

--------------------

There is not a lot of difference between a fox hole and a grave; but knowing that you dug your ditch and climbed in anyway.

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
    #3340626 - 11/10/04 10:37 AM (12 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

What makes you think that a majority (if we let everyone vote) of the people would of voted for Kerry?

The nickelodeon poll.

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

InvisibleGreat_Satan
prophet of God
 User Gallery

Re: E-Voting is the death of what we consider to be democracratic elections [Re: 1stimer]
    #3340632 - 11/10/04 10:40 AM (12 years, 27 days ago)

It will keep the leftists and Democrats from cheating. Republicans are superior beings who are always honest.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: E-Voting is the death of what we consider to be democracratic elections [Re: zahudulallah]
    #3342560 - 11/10/04 06:02 PM (12 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

zahudulallah said:
Al Gore won the popular vote. Under any delegation or scenario of recounts, Gore won the election. A slant in the Supreme Court slid George Bush down the Washington slide.

Don't you get tired of being wrong?

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinephi1618
old hand

#3342877 - 11/10/04 07:11 PM (12 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

1stimer said:
Quote:

Your point being.  A minority elected george bush.

The minority I refered to was a minority of people on this board. I was just summarizing my impression of the many, many threads that we have on this issue.

Quote:

It will keep the leftists and Democrats from cheating. Republicans are superior beings who are always honest.

Man, I thought you were for real!  :mad2:
:lol:

InvisibleLucidDream
Hungry BlueFiend
 User Gallery

Loc: Planet of the Stupid Peop...
Re: E-Voting is the death of what we consider to be democracratic elections [Re: Phred]
    #3343970 - 11/10/04 11:34 PM (12 years, 27 days ago)

Not only are you wrong, you don't even bother citing a source. Hearsay.

--------------------
Sarcasm just one of my many talents.

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
Re: E-Voting is the death of what we consider to be democracratic elections [Re: LucidDream]
    #3347110 - 11/11/04 04:26 PM (12 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

LucidDream said:
Not only are you wrong, you don't even bother citing a source. Hearsay.

i think divided sky said this though i'm not positive maybe jesus
Quote:

You can't lose an election, sue to get recounts in only counties where you know you will gain more votes, sue for more recounts when the first 3 show you lost, and then sue to change the election law of the state to allow your never ending recounts, get a thumbs up from an all Democrat State Supreme court, and finally when when the supreme court finds your recounts severely flawed less than a week from the electoral deadline, and THEN claim the election was stolen from you.

The facts are that Gore was the one who was trying to override the constitution to allow him to manufacture enough votes to give him a win. The Supreme Court didn't help Bush steal the election, they stopped Al Gore from doing it.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion