Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: DXM

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineBiohazard81
Seeker ofReality
Strange feeling when tripping
    #3318657 - 11/04/04 07:31 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

When i trip quite heavily, i always think that there is one more person than there really is. Does anyone else get this feeling? It is almost like its my twin or spirit or something. I know this sounds very far fetched and its never like i talk to this 'entity' or see it but when say 3 of us decide to go outside for a walk or whatever, i look around for the other person as we leave. I usually feel like its someone looking over my shoulder or right behind me.

If anyone knows a way to intesify this feeling by thoughts, meditation etc. I would be very interested to hear it. It's also like i have known this 'person\thing\whatever' forever.

I hope someone else has felt this!! If not I can cope with the fact that i may be a little insane. In fact the idea is quite refreshing  :grin:

--------------------
It's not what, it's why.....

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
Re: Strange feeling when tripping [Re: Biohazard81]
    #3318662 - 11/04/04 07:37 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

No, it's not. It happens all the time. Every time I trip now, I get that "welcome back" thing. I think I'd like to think of him as the guide, but it's probably my subconcious mind talking to me... who knows... It still happens at medium dose, it's just he doesn't show up. He only talks to me(of course I have no control over what he says). He never shows up as a same guy either... always different guy or a thing, and never a girl.

I used to wonder if that portrail of angel and devil standing on your shoulders and whispering things in your ears idea was conceived by an acidhead because of this entity.

Try talking to it. It sometimes talk back.

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Edited by Sam1912 (11/04/04 08:06 AM)

OfflineBiohazard81
Seeker ofReality
Re: Strange feeling when tripping [Re: Sam1912]
    #3318668 - 11/04/04 07:41 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Thats amazing!! I have never tried talking to it and never seen it. Just been hyper aware of something. You are spot on with that welcome back thing!! Thats exactly it!!

--------------------

OfflineSilven
I trip,therefore weare.

Loc: El Mexicano
    #3318749 - 11/04/04 09:13 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Ok.. before I post my reply I think it needs said that I don't believe in God or any Greater Spirit in life. I didn't believe in the existance of anything other than what I saw until I began experimenting with hallucinogens and I can testify they have added a definate spiritual side to me.

I don't believe that any spirit is "Greater" than me. I believe we are equal, just of different planes.

When I take mushrooms at a dose of 2.5g or higher, around 20 minutes after I begin feeling the effects of the trip a warming sensation will take over my body and I get the feeling that people experience when someone is staring at you.. It's not uncomfortable and is very welcomed. This entity has never .. auditorily (is that a word?) spoken to me, but I can sense thoughts that are out of my normal pattern and believe it to be the entity communicating with me.. One day I will do an extremely high dose and try to visualize my beloved Entity guide and it will be up to her to come out of hiding. It gives me the definate feeling that it is a female entity by the loving nature of it, but I could be wrong.

I understand this sounds strange, but I feel it nearly everytime I have tripped in the last 6 months and it makes me want to trip more..

Anyway, sorry for such a long post, hope this gives a little insight.

- Silven

--------------------
Born: 10/31/83, which makes me a Scorpio.

1) Scorpios are the most highly sexed of all the signs of the zodiac.
2) Scorpios are prone to excesses: booze, drugs, sex, bad puns, etc.
They usually exploit the weaknesses of others, who fall victim to
their capacity for total lust & sexual abberation.
3) Scorpios possess great intellectual curiosity & creative talent. They
think they are rebels & are arrogant, proud, conceited, and worth every
penny of it.

What do you bring to the table?

OfflineBiohazard81
Seeker ofReality
Re: Strange feeling when tripping [Re: Silven]
    #3318773 - 11/04/04 09:25 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Yes, it makes me want to trip more also. To find an answer. This is a very common feeling on hallucinogens for me. The strongest, and closest to some kind of answer is ketamine. Many people regard this as a very dirty drug but i have never tried anything else that even comes close to what ketamine can show you. I have been extremely interested in taking it an hour or so after a mushroom peak but cannot get it over here. Has anyone had any experience of this or ketamine on its own??

--------------------

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
    #3318805 - 11/04/04 09:47 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Hey, ketamine is cool. It's actually used widely in hospitals for kids. I would say DXM gets you up there, but everything is so fuzzy on DXM trips... not to mention it's shady on health.

I don't know about 2.5g... That's fairly small dose for spirit searching. I don't trip less than 4g mushroom... but mushrooms trips don't get me up there like acid does. 7-10 hits of good acid will set your mind free. I think 4-5 hits wouldn't be considered lala land by no stretch of imagination for me. It'd be more like a medium trip at 3-5 hits of decent acid. At least for me... My comfortable dose went up a lot after few trips on 1/3 sheet trips.

I've tried a lot of mushroom once(no clue how much, but it was a lot) and I don't remember seeing any companions... I just don't get that high on mushroom for some reason. Like I said before, DXM gets me up there, but it's something I don't do anymore or recommend.

Anyways, good luck on your future endeavors with high doses. Stay safe.

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Offlinejent
enchanted wizardof rhythm
Re: Strange feeling when tripping [Re: Sam1912]
    #3319349 - 11/04/04 12:44 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I have also experinced this 'person'. Not just on mushi's too. LSD, even opiates to some degree let me met him/her. I have yet to determin who this is or why he/she keeps coming back. One of the questions I am always looking for the anwser, a never ending search.

--------------------
the jent

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: Strange feeling when tripping [Re: jent]
    #3319874 - 11/04/04 02:59 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I don't know if this is what you are talking about, but sometimes when i drive alone in my car and when i'm a little stoned, i instinctly look in the rearview mirror waiting to see a friend or something in the back, and then i realize that i'm alone. I dunno, i sometimes feel like their is a presence around me or something, but it might just be something going on in the brain that makes you feel that way.
I remember i once saw on TV a scientist that could detect and stimulate the part of the brain that is related to people having religious experiences, especially the one where you feel a presence...so neuro-chemistry could be in answer in regards to the topic.

--------------------

Offlineeggystardust
Viva elDirector!

Re: Strange feeling when tripping [Re: exclusive58]
    #3321045 - 11/04/04 07:49 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Along with this "missing person" talk that I completely get everytime doing a hallucinogen, I also get a strong sense of Deja Vu, like I've done this before. It's so strong that I'm talking about having this deja vu experience in the "previous" memory in exactly the same way. I always feel this is somehow connected with the un-seen entity, any thoughts?

OfflineErythroxylon
Stranger

Re: Strange feeling when tripping [Re: eggystardust]
    #3321291 - 11/04/04 08:39 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

yes I have that deja vu thing often.I took mushrooms in France, somewhere I never have been before in my life. I was getting this strong sensation that I have been here before. It was like I knew exactly where I had to go. And the situations was very familiar. I wonderet then , under the trip, if I had managed to wake up some sort of genetic memory.

I also have that welcome back thing. The first time I tripped I felt like someone was watching me, and had control of everything. Some was there to help me some was there to confuse me. Later I realized under a trip that this has been inside my head, I did understand before the trip that it was in my head but the trip kind of wrote it to me in capital letters and I remember laughin for the longest time.
I had conversations with myself and I could be several characters One that only talked in rhyme, one that played tricks on me and so on. I probably had around 20-25 characters in my head. It got really complicated. its kind of hard to describe it.

but yeah, i can relate to most thing mentioned in this thread :smile:
:tongue2:

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #3321340 - 11/04/04 08:49 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

sometimes i get this sober but i've noticed that the last few times i've tripped shrooms i've gotten the feeling that there was somebody else present who wasn't there. i got this feeling exceptionally intensly when i was shrooming near my friend's house and we were looking at the lit up town at dusk through my recently deceased friend's kaleidascope. i didn't know it was his until later but the whole time i kept looking around and it seemed like somebody from our party was visibly missing. i don't know, weird that i now think about it like this. he loved the mushrooms and we were planning an awesome trip before he died, i don't know where else to go with this post...i just do get this feeling.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

OfflineRRhoads
chemistry student
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: cahleeforneeah
Re: Strange feeling when tripping [Re: TODAY]
    #3321734 - 11/04/04 10:02 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I've never seen this person before, but on saturday, I'll keep my eyes peeled., and tell you how it goes.

--------------------

InvisibleBuddahKillah
U WANTFITE!?!?!?!?!?!

Re: Strange feeling when tripping [Re: RRhoads]
    #3322609 - 11/05/04 02:03 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Its weird seeing this posted here. A few years ago me and my friends experienced this while tripping on dxm alot. We we would dxm alot and almost every time we would talk about this "Third-Person" there was usually just 2 of us tripping. It would always seem like someone was missing... because it felt like someone else was there the whole trip. Every time I would leave the room I would think we where forgetting somebody. It was like this with them too. A few times my friends said they seen the person. They just saw it as kinda a shadowy figure. Really weird and is something I hope I do not experience again.

OfflineBiohazard81
Seeker ofReality
Re: Strange feeling when tripping [Re: BuddahKillah]
    #3323003 - 11/05/04 04:17 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I'm the opposite, i want to see it again. It has been amazing me for a long time. It didn't happen last night but i only did a few.

--------------------

OfflineSilven
I trip,therefore weare.

Loc: El Mexicano
Re: Strange feeling when tripping [Re: Erythroxylon]
    #3323373 - 11/05/04 08:33 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

About deja vu.. my whole take on what I experience is this:

Rather than visual deja vu or my surroundings feeling similar I get more of a "I have had this mental feeling before" and I can differentiate between them somehow.. it's hard to explaine.

When my mood changes on mushrooms, and it usually does quite often, I can either note a new feeling or a deja vu feeling telling me I have felt like this before or I have thought about feeling like this before.. I wish hallucinogens were easier to explain, but they aren't.

Anyway, the mood changes aren't drastic like "Oh nice puppy." to "FUCK YOU, DIE!" or anything, it's more like "I'm smiling.", "I'm grinning.", "I'm sober faced.".

Also everytime I think about my mood it will change and I think I have the hang of how to push my buzz up with certain things I think about. Anytime I think "This is just like the last time I was sober faced and thinking that 30 seconds ago I was laughing about nothing" it makes me start chortling inside which usually causes me to start s miling uncontrollably...

Am I weird, or do some of these things happen to you guys when tripping? Some of my descriptions could probably use some work, but it's hard to put trips to words.

- Silven

--------------------
Born: 10/31/83, which makes me a Scorpio.

1) Scorpios are the most highly sexed of all the signs of the zodiac.
2) Scorpios are prone to excesses: booze, drugs, sex, bad puns, etc.
They usually exploit the weaknesses of others, who fall victim to
their capacity for total lust & sexual abberation.
3) Scorpios possess great intellectual curiosity & creative talent. They
think they are rebels & are arrogant, proud, conceited, and worth every
penny of it.

What do you bring to the table?

OfflineBiohazard81
Seeker ofReality
Re: Strange feeling when tripping [Re: Silven]
    #3337015 - 11/09/04 01:46 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

Silven,

Sounds right to me, don't know if i could put it better. It is sooo difficult to explain them sometimes isn't it!! Spose thats what makes them so fun!

--------------------

Offlinevc77
grillmaster
 User Gallery

Loc: University Place, WA
    #3337020 - 11/09/04 01:48 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

I can completely relate.

Except I don't feel like "someone" else is there. I can definantly feel the sacred mushroom spirit around me.

--------------------
ich essen die mushmush

Offlinedeathcapcubensis
hunter
 User Gallery

#3337090 - 11/09/04 02:08 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

Only on a good trip thats nature oriented(forest setting etc) do I experience this but I do feel a profound feeling of another presence. I always see this little entity just outside my periferal vision, just watching me. Im never alone on shrooms

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: DXM

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience