Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineVertigo
Mycovoire
Loc: Panhandle
Trip flavors
    #1853979 - 08/27/03 03:29 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

So many people are asking what are the most potent shrooms? That might not the right question. Eat enough and you'll trip. We should all know that but I have a better question. "What flavor of trip do I want?" Has anyone noticed a variance in the kind of trip between the strains? I've only had three kinds but it seems that each strain provides a different flavor of trip. At first thought it didn't quite make sense because its the same chemical in all the strains but there must be other factors because looking back I noticed the each strain did provide a different flavor trip. BTW this is based on eating each kind multiple times and my girlfriend also noticed and agreed.

--------------------
"One side will make you grow taller, and the other side will make you grow shorter."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineVertigo
Mycovoire
Re: Trip flavors [Re: Vertigo]
    #1853987 - 08/27/03 03:38 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Let me elaborate a little.
SA's provide a real Alice in Wonderland feel/trip
Pink Buffalo... they sneak up on me and its an introspective/body trip
Gulf Coast... these come from a field and I'm not sure how to describe that kind of trip

I hope this will help everyone see what I'm getting at.

--------------------
"One side will make you grow taller, and the other side will make you grow shorter."

Offlinedibbles
Just a normalguy with nothingto lose.

Loc: Exactly where you'd never...
    #1854540 - 08/27/03 11:18 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

i think its more set/setting, your mindset will effect the trip much more than the strain, although i can gauge for different strains its illogical to believe that certain strains give distinctive "flavors".

--------------------
You've succumb to an empty fate, your false prophets are gone, your life,meaningless, your heart and head broken, and we're all laughing.

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: Trip flavors [Re: dibbles]
    #1854698 - 08/27/03 11:57 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

IMO, trips are so much influenced by set and setting that it's impossible to give a strain a "flavor". It could be a placebo effect. Placebo works amazing while people are sober, but while tripping it is far more amazing how your mind can create things that aren't there at all. Like a different flavor to a different strain.....

Tap water tastes different if they put it in small bottles and tell you it came from a glacier. Only looking in someones stomach can be enough to cure chronic stomach pains. Blue rice tastes different than white rice while a blind person would never taste any difference.... These things are all created in our mind but that doesn't mean that it doesn't work. So I think that different strains cause different trips if you know what strain it is, but else you are the blind person eating the blue rice not knowing it's blue and therefor tasting just rice.

Try them blind for a more reliable judgment.

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
Re: Trip flavors [Re: Annom]
    #1854970 - 08/27/03 01:13 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I agree. Do the experiment again. Grind up the shrooms so you can't tell between strains. Let your girlfriend label the bags so only she knows which bag is which strain.
Now take the shrooms and after the trip guess which strain it was. Or at least describe the 'flavor'. Repeat the experiment a few times. Should be fun and educating. :smile: 

--------------------
futuretribe.space

OfflineVertigo
Mycovoire
Re: Trip flavors [Re: cybrbeast]
    #1855376 - 08/27/03 03:19 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I kind of expected Annom's response from someone and my first thoughts were right there with dibbles but these observations were made after having tripped several times and always in my house. It was something we noticed after talking about the diff trips. Still it might be coincidence but I was just wondering if anyone had noticed the same.

--------------------

Offlinedibbles
Just a normalguy with nothingto lose.

Loc: Exactly where you'd never...
    #1855578 - 08/27/03 04:29 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

id beleive that if you were to take any of those given strains you knowing what strain it was, your pre-concieved notions would effect your trip to the extent of giving you a flavor, the only true way you can tell, like stated above, is a blind test,although it is quite amazing how placebo can affect us, its pretty cool to think your mindset could "flavor" a trip that much, but hey ya never know, although scientificaly nonevident, maybe different strains do provide us with a different trip, one things for sure, we all love tripping, so trip on bud.

--------------------
You've succumb to an empty fate, your false prophets are gone, your life,meaningless, your heart and head broken, and we're all laughing.

OfflineSolitude
protector of theKitab Al-Alzif
Re: Trip flavors [Re: dibbles]
    #1910433 - 09/12/03 04:25 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

i do agree with u vertigo, some are more visual and have a diffrent feel and some are jus a body fuck i think the strain really has a flavor fer instance; creepers i find to be a really visual fun ass shroom. while a strain like GTs i find to be just , i dunno plain and average, not highly visual but still very enjoyable.

--------------------
More lucid now the dreams become in which the forest dark and cold await me to engulf my soul within the flames of eternal sleep.

"I await this day with no fear ,but the knowlege that that most rewarding and enlightening experiance of life is death." - Chinacat

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Trip flavors [Re: Solitude]
    #1910762 - 09/12/03 07:04 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I believe set and setting determine the flavor.  A friend bought an ounce of shrooms, and we've tripped off the same batch a few times, and every trip has been extremely different.  There are some beautiful similarities though... the nature themes, the "OH yea!  My brain is in symbiosis with the mushroom, and together we make a superior being" type thing :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
Re: Trip flavors [Re: Noviseer]
    #1910825 - 09/12/03 07:38 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

i dunno i think different strains have different flavors as well

i used to grow psilocybe cubensis and ate those all the time
then when i bought my first bag of shrooms and ate them i noticed it felt somewhat different...i wasnt expecting it at all and didnt notice it much until later
and when i ate those same shrooms another tiem it did have the same "flavor"
i agree that set and setting have a lot to do with the trip but i personally think there is something making them a little different

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate