Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepl151

Re: Cobweb mold [Re: pl151]
    #323928 - 05/23/01 02:23 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

anyone??

--------------------
the truth and reason for the above post has been diminished by its very beginning..holding no facts,, but squeezing every bit of fiction...

how 'bout a hug??...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegratefulredhead

Loc: Off the map....
    #324073 - 05/23/01 09:30 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

pl--well, it is hard to say from that picture. i just had a bad bought with cobweb, researched a lot, and asked a fair amount of people for help, and was able to salvage a little bit, but it wasn't easy. from the picture it looks like good mycelium growing, but if that wispy grey stuff (which is suspect) around the growing spots takes over in about 24 hours, then it is probably cobweb. if you decide that it is cobweb, i've found that the best first response is a liberal sprinkling of baking soda. you might want to dust with it anyway, just to be safe. shouldn't hurt the mycelium anyway. perhaps a very light spraying of H2O2. (be careful with the H2O2, because as stated above, it quickly becomes water, and then your casing/substrate can easily become far to moist.) then wait a day or so. the main problem i have found in dealing with it, is that often times, you can stop the growth on the surface, but after further investigation, you'll find it under the substrate or on the sides where you can't see it. but, if you are concerned, try the baking soda, and be patient. give it a few days, and repeat the dusting if you feel it is necessary. on the up side, even if it is cobweb, you might still, in the end, be able to re-case, and reap some shrooms. most of all, don't panic, and don't overdo any of the solutions. it is awfully easy to spray H2O2 all over the place, and end up with a worthless sludge. remember we are dealing with a relatively delicate little eco-system. good luck, and let us know how it goes.

--------------------

Offlinepl151

Re: Cobweb mold [Re: gratefulredhead]
    #324249 - 05/23/01 02:14 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

thnx all for everything, im hopin ill get somethin from this , but even if no shroomies do form, at least i learned alot and can do it all over hopefully iwth a better yield. im gonna wait till 2maorrow till i try the h2o2 just incase, but hopefully some pins will come through. thnx again

--------------------
the truth and reason for the above post has been diminished by its very beginning..holding no facts,, but squeezing every bit of fiction...

how 'bout a hug??...

Offlinebluhoney
Yes Im a realgirl ,geeesh
Female User Gallery

#324316 - 05/23/01 03:25 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

If all else fails, funny thing, but this works, Put the casing out side for the night. Mothernature tends to kill cobweb mold herself rather quickly. This is if all else has failed of course.

Its two in the morning......Do you know where your paperbag and flashlight are?information posted is for entertainment purposes only and should not be attempted in real life

--------------------
Information listed here is for entertainment only and is neither real or proven

Offlinepl151

Re: Cobweb mold [Re: bluhoney]
    #324808 - 05/24/01 02:12 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

ok that grey stuff whatever it is , i think its just shadow , is not gettin any bigger, so im assuming that its not cobweb , woopee, its still not doin much over these past 2 days and still no pins.know what i could be doing wrong, i got abou 91 humid, fanning 3 times a day and flourescent light at least 4hrs a day and a temp of 75 all to initaiate pinning and it doesnt seem like it wants to happen for me. it didnt happen for my cakes either . i think im gonna try a household bulb for light and see if there's a difference like said, what else do i got to lose ya know ? hehe will update

--------------------

how 'bout a hug??...

Offlinebeanie
Loc: Arizona
Re: Cobweb mold [Re: magnusra]
    #324969 - 05/24/01 10:04 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

i think i migh have cobweb mold on my cakes. it took a long time for them to fully colonize when they finally did i dunked them because they were dry and now i just noticed VERY FLUFFY white stuff. On some kinda like knots. Like puff balls just on the base of the cake. This pretty much happend overnight. They smell ok so far. Should I use baking soda or peroxide?

I will try to post a picture later

--------------------
FREE SPORE RING!!!

Offlinehatter
addict
Re: Cobweb mold [Re: beanie]
    #325091 - 05/24/01 01:12 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Don't do anything to them..those knots are a sign of fruiting to come. Pick the 'puffs', dry and eat them.

How is a raven like a writing desk?

--------------------
How is a raven like a writing desk?

How deep is the rabbit hole? To find out, go.to/FreeSporeRing

Offlinepl151

Re: Cobweb mold [Re: hatter]
    #325142 - 05/24/01 02:06 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

im not sure we're talkin about the same kinda puffs though, mine are like furry and shit, not like pins or anything, still pick them too??

--------------------

how 'bout a hug??...

InvisibleInsomnia
addict
    #325146 - 05/24/01 02:14 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

You don't really want 91% humidity for casings. If you have too much moisture you'll get contams far worse than cobweb.

From that picture, it looks like mycelia coming into the casing. Looks a little fluffier than I'm used to seeing, but cobweb doesn't really bust out of the casing like mycelia. It kinda sits on top and runs across. Once you have enough experience to know what healthy myclia look like when they colonize the casing, you'll know what cobweb is. Simply, it looks like grey or smokey colored spider webs. Mist it with H2o2 but don't overdo it. It sizzles. Again, too much wet and you'll get an unstoppable contamination.

Hope that helps.

Peace.

I choked Linda Lovelace!

--------------------
"If you believe in things you do not understand, you will suffer." ? Stevie Wonder

Offlinebeanie
Loc: Arizona
Re: Cobweb mold [Re: hatter]
    #325151 - 05/24/01 02:20 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

yeah mine too. it is odd that is it just on the bottom 1/3 of the cake too.. the last part of the cake to colonize. If this makes sense but I think they were puffier earlier, I started their light cycle and gave them some air and they don't seem quite as furry- dunno but maybe I'm going crazy

I am hoping to post pics later today.

--------------------
FREE SPORE RING!!!

Offlineegghead
veteran
Loc: Milky Way
    #325156 - 05/24/01 02:28 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

pl151.. No, that doesn't look like cobweb mold to me. It looks like a casing that getting up there in flushes. Pins will come from those fuzzy spots..

* Contributor to the Free Spore Ring

--------------------
Where there's skill, there's a better way..

Offlinepl151

Re: Cobweb mold [Re: egghead]
    #325186 - 05/24/01 03:07 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

sweet thats just what i need to hear cause i was really losin hope in my self hehe i dropped the humidty to 88 now so ill see how it goes, thnx you are all the best

--------------------

how 'bout a hug??...

OfflineMyceLehfan
Stranger

#8553963 - 06/23/08 11:15 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Greetings

looks to me like thats your good old mycellium poking through your casing layer and quite evenly too. That verm is probably fostering the mycellium to grow quickly in spots like that where there is excess moisture, anyways

but I think your ready to pin dude.

OfflineFelinor
PhilosophicalDreamer
Male

Loc: Down Town China Town
Re: Cobweb mold [Re: MyceLehfan]
    #8554113 - 06/23/08 11:54 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

hey mycelehfan, this thread is from 2001 lol.

--------------------
The world itself is the will to power - and nothing else! And you yourself are the will to power - and nothing else! ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Invisibleblood4blood
Calmer Than You Are

Loc: The Valley
Re: Cobweb mold [Re: Felinor]
    #8554167 - 06/23/08 12:06 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

:banghead:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds