Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
Oh man.. 2012??.. you poor fools come under my shelter
    #3153044 - 09/19/04 01:33 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

YEah yeah 2012, it's true. Whatever

CHECK:

Ok, listen closely. Our prevailing media's been morphing from an info-trough force-feeding station to a menu with mind-closing selection options. What I'm talking about is there was a time when our news and information came from a 30-minute show you'd watch all the way through. Your mind would be pried open and supplied with ideas you might not have asked for, like how many children got shot down town today. Nowadays, using media types like the internet people like us can avoid all the general news and information and zero in on a highly specialized and narrow information source, like instead of reading general papers and watching general news reports, now we can just check the Buzkashi scores and read Mushroom Magazine, UFO journal, 2012 Preparation Handbook, and Chakra Internet Central.

You gotta be careful

This can really screw with what we end up believing in. Your ego would like to go around sampling only the things that strengthen it, and an initially poorly-aimed fundamentally flawed belief can grow and mutate and survive for a long time in this predator-free and therefore agreeable positively-reinforcing environment which in some cases could cause the idea to grow like a microbe under the moon's gravity untill its big enough to infect and eat away at the brain.. that's right, the ENTIRE BRAIN!!!

Another danger that can exist independantly from or supplement this flaw with our media types is you might find that when you extend your antenae to tap into a specific subject, all the sources out there have been fed by the same spring. Say you go out to learn about.. oh.. the mayan calendar and 2012 (oh oho that's right jaguar on the jugular)

Well you'd probably come across "new-age" books about the spiritual beliefs, and interpretations of the scultptures and calendar system blah blah blah. These books (and any books) are out there not because they present the truth (necessarily) but because they make money. There's some overlap, goody, goody, but I'm afraid apocalypse theories are extremely popular and easy to sell. Promises of grand changes, futurization of species by spirits, UFOs, aliens, or intergalactic energy beams sell and are so appealing to troubled minds in troubled times (like now!).

First, our version of history is shaped by a need to simplify the complexities by attaching beliefs to entire generalized ethnicities and atributing teamwork and popular revolutions to individual "great" men (Che, Ghandi, Darwin). We make mistakes like saying "the mayans believed that in 2012..." It only takes one person to write a codex and carve a calendar, but if that's all that's left of a culture, then that's what we going to use to define them. This is a problem and has greatly contributed to people's believing in and banking on the 2012 shift a small group of stone-age Central Americans believed in.

'Cause y'see, I've cruised around the range of the ancient mayans, and I find calling such a diverse people living over many centuries in such a large area under one name reeeaally simplistic. In guatemala alone there are 16 distinct language groups. Cities would appear in the jungle, fade away and become assimilated by the environment every few decades. The population grew, fell, gathered, dispersed, remixed, homogenized, diversified, invented, and refreshed countless times over many generations, and we call it the MAYAN calendar? How about the calendar of a few people (who knows maybe only one) who lived for a bit in one spot? I think that would be more accurate than atributing the 2012 prophecies to generations and generations of hundreds of millions of people.

So there we go, we reduce the validity of the 2012 prophecies by tweaking the historical lense and lessening the associations of the calendar with the entire group we call the "mayans." I suggest those of you saturating your brain with information that reinforces the 2012 prophecy open your mind to new views. There are thousands of different cultures out there with totally different views on reality. When you consider that the mayan calendar is possibly the product of 3 or 4 individuals in one of thousands of distinct belief systems, you'll start to question why you jumped on the 2012 bandwagon, 'cause I promise you its heading to the same place all the planet X freaks went when their big prophecy never came through.
:laser:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Re: Oh man.. 2012??.. you poor fools come under my shelter [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #3153070 - 09/19/04 09:05 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Mixomatosis said:

ROFL  :grin:

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
    #3153094 - 09/19/04 09:19 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Nice post, made me laugh :smile:

That is why agnosticism is so powerful, you can never be wrong :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleTeragon
Noddy

Loc: Lost in the Patterns
    #3153096 - 09/19/04 09:20 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I hope you are having fun.

I used to enjoy reading your posts Mix (before you're little hiatus) and considered you a good guy.

But jiggy's posts in the other thread (Prevaling Idiocy) was right on- Just b/c you don't believe in a few ideas doesn't mean you need to rip others apart trying to force them to see it your way. So if they/we are deluded then fine- but there is no need to title your threads with the words " prevailing idiocy and "you poor fools."

Now I'm all for you making posts that debunk the Mayan calendar or any 2012 theories- and with open arms my friend. But you don't need to put ignorant and unneccesary words in there.

I do believe that I am coming to terms with a new consciousness- and I think about it almost everyday- but I don't base any of this on the Mayan calendar nor do i believe there is any set date(2012).

I believe what I do b/c of my daily experiences. I know, regardless of what you may think, that my thoughts influence my reality. :cool:

--------------------
need that cash to feed them jones.

OfflineWhiteRussian
The Silence islouder then youthink
Loc: In your head :P
    #3153110 - 09/19/04 09:25 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

your right, but dont be a dick about it :smile:

InvisibleTeragon
Noddy

Re: Oh man.. 2012??.. you poor fools come under my shelter [Re: WhiteRussian]
    #3153116 - 09/19/04 09:26 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

^^^ Knows the deal. :grin:

--------------------

Anonymous

#3153370 - 09/19/04 05:15 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Oh man... you poor fool, come under my shelter.

I think anyone who believes what they read on the internet without research is an idiot, I'll give you that. Ninety-nine percent of New Age text is crap, out for to make a buck and take advantage of the weak-minded. There's a well written book called the Stargate Conspiracy, which details how New Age propaganda is popularized and disseminated.

But there's much more to the '2012 phenomenon' than a calendar. I don't believe anything special is going to happen in 2012 particularly. Critical mass for shifting consciousness could occur at any time. "Ye shall not know the time nor place." Perhaps you could do some research on the subject and then present counter-arguments as to why a jump in consciousness could not take place over a rather short time? Anyone who would've taken the time to research 'Planet X' could have discovered that it was based on the mistranslation of a few Sumerian words by one man, and then blown out of proportion by the 'new age' community. But people would rather eat up stories about aliens in the 47th dimension than attempt to actually research history and ancient cultures to discover any truth for themselves.

By the way, I do have beliefs about a coming shift in consciousness. On this forum, however, the concensus about beliefs is that people have them because it makes them feel better. That couldn't be farther than the truth. After discovering my own beliefs (beliefs to you, truth to me: it's all semantics), I realized that anything I could work for in this life outside my spiritual life would be pointless. Depression comes and goes. I know I can never have a 'normal' life now, after what I've learned. I no longer fantasize about changing the world into a better place, because now I know it's futile. I have a very depressing and grim view of the world now, but I don't have my beliefs because I want to; I have them because I have to. The research and personal experiences that lead me to them are undeniable. Sure, I could drop my beliefs and then try to be happy, living an ordinary life trying to be successful. But I'd just be pretending.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Oh man.. 2012??.. you poor fools come under my shelter [Re: ]
    #3153546 - 09/19/04 07:11 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

^^^ sorry to here that max headroom, hope you can come out of that funk.

"I do believe that I am coming to terms with a new consciousness- and I think about it almost everyday- but I don't base any of this on the Mayan calendar nor do i believe there is any set date(2012). "

exactly. I personally put no importance on 2012. i simply know and experience daily the fact that new dimensions of thought and perception (new realities) are gradually opening up to me, and others around me, with a seemingly increasing frequency.

As for mixamatoisis' post, i find nothing disagreeable in it. If you selectively choose your information, you end up with a limited view of reality.

This is true no matter what you choose, and we must all choose something, in order to go on living. Thus , as our selectivity of information is unavoidable, i 'select' the information that empowers me and furthers my enjoyment of life, as well as the information that increases my ability to operate effectively in all of my various reality states.

I advise you all do the same

Oh yeah, and mix, a flame is a flame, weather its targeted at an individual or a group. Calling people who disagree with you idiots or fools is flaming, and it is also rather immature and presumptuos.

:thumbup:

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

InvisibleTeragon
Noddy

Re: Oh man.. 2012??.. you poor fools come under my shelter [Re: ]
    #3154082 - 09/19/04 09:10 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Well said- Both of you. :wink:

--------------------

Offlinesox24
 User Gallery
Re: Oh man.. 2012??.. you poor fools come under my shelter [Re: Teragon]
    #3154521 - 09/19/04 10:50 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Is Mix under the impression this is what life is all about? Are you enlightned, Mix? Do you care if you are? I learned about 2012 and have come to the same conclusions you have. We are all just walking in steps, like that philosophy quote you disregarded.

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: Oh man.. 2012??.. you poor fools come under my shelter [Re: sox24]
    #3154565 - 09/19/04 11:03 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Hey sox24. Your gonna get your first 5 shrooms rating from me for that.

I wanted to respond by asking max to look at how many people were interested in shroomisms 2012 post. Before people can see beyond the 2012 stuff they have to walk through it themselves or are they suppose to take your word for it mix? Who appointed you the 2012 mystery gate keeper Mix? Theres' no harm in exploring it. I leraned a lot indirectly from exploring it when I did.

Sometimes, its not about the whako theory but what understandings it can lead to a part from it that are sound.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineElfWizard
Wizard
Loc: The middle,Outside,nowher...
    #3154572 - 09/19/04 11:06 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

ok the thing that makes these so popular is the FACT societies and entire Civilizations have been wiped out and I'm not talking about ones that can't be proved I'm talking about the people that used to be on Easter island The civilizations that existed in the Mediterranean the people of pompay ect. ect. it has happened and more likely then not will happen some time in the Future it's not a matter of if but when and where. And thats what gets people thinking "When" and "where" in fact we had 90% of life on this planet just Die in a matter of a few thousand years kinda fast and hard thats what makes people worry and look into these things and makes them easy to belive.
Not the fact there easy to find and focus on but the fact they have happend and people what to make shure it dosn't happen to them. Or if it does they are prepared.

--------------------
"Fear is the Mind Killer"
Frank Herbert's Dune

"Shoot straight, conserve ammo and never cut a deal with a dragon"
Shadowrun street Proverb

To announce there must be no critisism of the president or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong is not only unpatriotic and servile but is morally treasonous to the american public
Pres. Theodore Roosevelt

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Re: Oh man.. 2012??.. you poor fools come under my shelter [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3154767 - 09/20/04 12:06 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Who appointed you the 2012 mystery gate keeper Mix?
Hey I just volunteered. People need to walk through this stuff themselves, and other people need to give them something to walk through.

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

#3154772 - 09/20/04 12:07 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Is Mix under the impression this is what life is all about?
Mmmmm probably not, but you're going to have to explain what you're talking about before I give you an answer.

Hint: start with defining "this"

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #3154863 - 09/20/04 12:43 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Just can't read the long paragraphs, dude!  :grin:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Re: Oh man.. 2012??.. you poor fools come under my shelter [Re: Frog]
    #3154873 - 09/20/04 12:44 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Geez.. the long paragraphs may make for a wasteland environment, but that's why put the pictures there.. oasises.. or is it .. oasi.. oasisi?

Offlinecleaner
Stranger

#3155142 - 09/20/04 09:58 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Mixomatosis said:
Promises of grand changes, futurization of species by spirits, UFOs, aliens, or intergalactic energy beams sell and are so appealing to troubled minds in troubled times (like now!).

Haha, hes got it all figured out, funny guy  :tongue:

Offlinesox24
 User Gallery
Re: Oh man.. 2012??.. you poor fools come under my shelter [Re: cleaner]
    #3155255 - 09/20/04 10:37 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I would say things like interest in spirits, magic, and ufo's are filling the spiritual voids that result from outdated religions. People want to believe in something. Some people don't want to believe in anything.

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3155340 - 09/20/04 11:07 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

People are curious about these things. Curiousity is a sign of intelligence.

Good point sox, religion, science, modern medicine, and the educational system isn't cutting it for many people, so we are taking solving lifes myesteries and questions into our own hands.

And then of course, there are the people with no questions or sense of wonder.

BTW Mix, I did start a 2012 post about 3 weeks back wanting to address the negative side (slanted foundation) of the 2012 propaganda. In other words, help people to keep MOVING through who got stuck somewhere in it. I certainly wouldn't stop anyone from moving through exploring it for themselves.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag