Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: Liquid psilocybn
    #306602 - 05/01/01 01:02 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

ya, tim's first research projects imvolved tablets of sandoz psilocybin (was it 2 mg or 5 mg/tab?) he used it for his prison studies and the marsh chapel experiment; the 1963 issue of the harvard review (my copy alas stolen when on loan to a friend :( ... thieves took his briefcase, damn it...) had articles on artists and psilocybin, a leary rant, maybe an alan watts article, i forget, been few years...
shulgin talks about a coworker who wanted to "taste" psilocybin from the vial & licked a few speckles of powder from a spatula dipped into powdered alkaloid --- didn't notice that the vial didn't say "psilocybin" but said instead "lsd-25 bitartrate", hehheh, always read the label...
5 mg would not fit into a blotter, but would definitely fit into a minibarrel or microdot... but then again, 5 mg isn't a lot of psilocybin... but being able to choose between a 10 mg trip and a 25 mg trip might be nice... if people wanted to learn chromatography teshniques, single doses (several mg/strip) could be harvested from paper chromatographs & for bulk processing, column chromatography could seperate out grams of pure chems from a kilo of dried shrooms...
and i'm sure a pretty strong "crude alkaloid extract" (say maybe 10%-25% "actives") could be done with a solvent extraction (solvent(s), purifications, atmospheres, temps, yields, etcetcetc buried in the literature no doubt...) and give small capsules filled with shroom powerpowder (tm) , each capsule filled with 100 mg 20x Ps cubensis extract (equivalent to 2 grams dried shrooms), $5/capsule, 6 caps for $20, 40 caps/$100 offer void where prohibited by law... well, whaddya think?

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Liquid psilocybn
    #306746 - 05/01/01 03:32 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

"Dr. Hofmann quickly succeeded at finding the synthetic routes to psilocybin and psilocin along with their analogs,
4-phosphoryloxy-N,N-diethyltryptamine (the diethyl analog of psilocybin) and 4-hydroxy-N,N-diethyltryptamine (the diethyl
analog of psilocin). These compounds were designated CEY-19 and CZ-74 [Figure 1]. In clinical trials conducted in Europe,
these agents showed promise when used as an adjunct to psychotherapy, differing only in a shorter and more manageable
duration of action." www.stainblue.com

Don't come out and flame somebody until you know what's what carmex.

And thanks gnrm23!

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: Liquid psilocybn [Re: Learyfan]
    #306747 - 05/01/01 03:34 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Oh, and by the way, I think MAPS uses it NOW!

--------------------

Offlinenarc monkey
old hand
Loc: Canada
    #307210 - 05/02/01 12:09 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

before i was really into mushrooms, i had a really abstract connection that said he could get me liquid psylocybin. unfortunately i had no clue what the hell it was, so i declined. it was going around on the street for a very short while (like 3 days) and it was outrageously expensive. a couple of girls i vaguely know had tried it and said it was incredible. these girls are quite experienced with mushrooms, so i belive them when they say it was not just LSD. i have no real concrete data to back this up, just heresay. if that chance ever comes around again, you can be damn sure i'll take it!

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: Liquid psilocybn [Re: narc monkey]
    #307381 - 05/02/01 07:17 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Cool.

Anyone else tried lyquid psilocybn?

Anyone tried or even heard of cannabinol (liquid THC)?

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #307455 - 05/02/01 10:41 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

I think the only real liquid psilocybine is in the tea someone makes and drinks.

And as for Timothy Leary, Everyone had to et 10 to fifteen tablets of the 2 milligram doses. I think Maria Sabina ate at least ten or twelve when ALbert Hofmann hgave them to her in the early 1960s.

And Learyfan, Information pertaining to the only reesearch of those analogues can be found in :

Baer, G. 1967. Statistical Results on Reactions of Normal Subjects to the Psilocybine derivatives CEY-19 and CZ-74. in: Neuropsychopharmacology vol. 129:400-404.

Also created was another psilocybine analogue CMY-16 and two psilocine analogues CY-39 and CX-59. THese analogues were also made available in the late 1960s for research by Sandoz and later by the Institute of Mental Health.

Well here is the article from Time Magazine regarding Dr. Hofmann's synthesis of psilocine.

XXXXxxXXXXXXXxxXXXXXXxxXXX--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From Time Magazine, June 16th, 1958.
"In the spotless Basel laboratories of the Swiss drug company Sandoz A. G., a short, trim scientist of 52 performed a strange experiment. Research director Albert hofmann meticulously dissolved five milligrams of white crystals in aa test tube of water. Then, while tense assistants looked on, he swallowed the potion, lay down on a couch and waited. Within an hour Hofmann began to report: "I am losing my normal bodily sensations...My perception of space and time is changing...Your faces appear strange..." Finally:"Now , as I close my eyes, I see a wonderful but indistinct kaleidosciptic train of visions. They are vividly colored."

Alone with his visions, ExperimenterHofmann stayed on the couch three hours until the drug's effect wore off. He got up feeling fine. After two years of delicate lab work, he announced last week, Hofmann had managed to isolate a mysterous substance--the chemical that has caused men of many races, through the millenia, to have otherworldly visions after eating certain kinds of mushrooms.

For Hofmann, such chemically induced visions are not new. He is famed among the world's biochemists and psychiatrists because in 1943, by accident, he absorbed (probably through the skin of his fingers, he now speculates) an infinitesimal amount of a potent chemical. For a while it made him wacky. He identified it as lysergic acid diethylamide, now universally known as LSD-25. IT has proved an invaluable weapon to psychiatrists seeking to reproduce symptons like most of schizophrenia (tTime Dec. 19th, 1955).

Researcher hofmann moved from LSD to mushrooms, thanks largely to Ethnologist (and a J. P. Morgan vice president) R. Gordon Wasson and his Russian-born wife, two dedicated, medical-minded mushroom eaters. The Wassons have voyaged all over the world seeking ritual devotees of exotic mushrooms and sharing their hallucinations, reported on their experiences in Life and in a $125.00 book (only 500 copies printed), Mushrooms, Russia and History. A French companion on their travels sent Hofmann specimens of one of the most potent mushrooms, Psilocybe mexicana. From its little brown umbrella, perched on a delicate stem, Hofmann isolated the pure chemical (he calls it psilocybin) that induced his experimental hallucinations.

Sandoz will release psilocybin only to highly respectable medical investigatoprs. To them, it means they can now use a third chemically pure substance--in addition to LSD-25 and mescaline--to induce controllable symptoms, like those of uncontrolled mental illness. From such studies they hope to find chemical cures."

mjshroomer

Edited by mjshroomer on 05/02/01 01:04 PM.

Offlinekebunk
Re: Liquid psilocybn [Re: mjshroomer]
    #310264 - 05/06/01 01:02 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

i read in a book called chocolate to morphine(not sure if thats the name) but it said that before psilocybe was illegal pharmacutical companys made it but it also said the synthesis was expensive and hard to do

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Liquid psilocybn [Re: kebunk]
    #310539 - 05/06/01 12:59 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Yes Andrew Weil was co-author of that book.

Only two companies manufactured psilocine and psilocybine in the early 1960s, Sandoz and then soemhow the NIMH (National Institute fopr Mental Health). Not sure of how or why though NIMH did..

mj

Have a shroomy day and may all of your days be shroomy.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules