Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehatter
addict
Re: smoking cakes [Re: ]
    #305233 - 04/30/01 01:02 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

The various tryptamines are water soluable, so tea isn't going to harm the levels if you drink it soon after making it. Flaming psilocin/cybin triggers a chemical reaction that changes it from a tryptamine altogether, thus carbonizing it...

Not everything is better when smoked..

How is a raven like a writing desk?

--------------------
How is a raven like a writing desk?

How deep is the rabbit hole? To find out, go.to/FreeSporeRing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejons
journeyman
Re: smoking cakes
    #305278 - 04/29/01 06:51 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

so say i mixed some hurb and shrooms, packed it up in my bongo and ripped it, the shrooms would just go to wast pretty much?or ou think i would feel the effects, no not think, do you know?

i don't like the drugs, but the drugs like me.

--------------------

OfflineJuggles
old hand
Loc: Massachusetts
Re: smoking cakes [Re: jons]
    #305285 - 04/29/01 07:04 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

No, you wouldn't feel the effects of the shrooms. All the "goodies" would break down when you applied heat to them.

--------------------
---
If sometimes you feel yourself little, useless, and depressed, always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm out of hundreds of millions.

Offlinejons
journeyman
Re: smoking cakes [Re: Juggles]
    #305288 - 04/29/01 07:10 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

one time i boiled a few cakes and made tea out of em...i got the goodies from the tea, why would smokin be so diff? im not questing your knowledge just wanna know so then i know? lol nm

--------------------

Offlinetom
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Nope
    #305336 - 04/29/01 08:06 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

No that will not work. Good try though. But a mycelial enima will do you nice. If you are just trying it for the first time go with one of the tall half pints but if you are a well seasoned homo go for 2 of the short fat halfpints. Clean the verm layer off the bottom before doing it though.

"Ha ha" -- Nelson

"Never trade or buy from DXMHEAD420... he ripped me off and was an ass about it too" -- Myself

--------------------
"It must be your stamps girl... cause it aint your face" -- Juvenile

"Only in America does someone order a cheese burger, large fries, and a diet Coke" -- ?

"DXMHEAD420 ripped me off and was an ass about it too" -- Myself

Offlinehubertd8
Pooh-Bah

Loc: springfield
    #305340 - 04/29/01 08:12 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

why dose everyone wanna smoke everything?

--------------------
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

Bertrand Russell

OfflineKaoServitor
journeyman
Re: smoking cakes [Re: hubertd8]
    #305344 - 04/29/01 08:19 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

they're potheads

tom, that is fucking hilarious

InvisibleRussdogg
old hand

Re: smoking cakes [Re: KaoServitor]
    #305374 - 04/29/01 09:20 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

I thought hippie3 got kick off?
Did they let him return? Or is that a joke?

Anonymous

#305495 - 04/30/01 12:52 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Well for one the temp of boiling water is 212 degrees F.
The temperature of your average flame is somewhere around 650 I believe...

InvisibleBrownPastures
old hand

Loc: here
Re: smoking cakes [Re: hatter]
    #305514 - 04/30/01 01:23 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

used to know this kid who smoked a shroom once ... he coughed alot and that was about it :smile: ... hope that helps you out ! peace

Offlinejons
journeyman
Re: smoking cakes [Re: BrownPastures]
    #305534 - 04/30/01 01:45 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

so tea good, smoke bad.......got that wolf
and kao was right =) LOL

Edited by jons on 04/30/01 03:50 AM.

--------------------

Offlinegaastra
enthusiast

#305600 - 04/30/01 05:47 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

i smoked a shroom once. didnt do shit. waste of a perfectly good shroom. just wait for them to grow and eat em

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
Re: smoking cakes [Re: Russdogg]
    #305627 - 04/30/01 07:58 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

it's no joke, amigo.
daddy's home.

http://mycotopia.yage.net

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Offlinetom
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Nope
Re: smoking cakes [Re: Hippie3]
    #305635 - 04/30/01 08:15 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

NOOOOOOOOOOOO. First captain jack rips me off with the mail order prize scam and now hip is back because he heard I was an easy victom. I will not send you any money mr hippo. I will NOT. Why does everyone talk of the tea and not of the enima? The enima is better than tea: 1: no heat involved to break down the goodies & 2: Goes right into your blood stream; tea has to go through a bunch of stomach layers and stuff.

"Ha ha" -- Nelson

"Never trade or buy from DXMHEAD420... he ripped me off and was an ass about it too" -- Myself

--------------------
"It must be your stamps girl... cause it aint your face" -- Juvenile

"Only in America does someone order a cheese burger, large fries, and a diet Coke" -- ?

"DXMHEAD420 ripped me off and was an ass about it too" -- Myself

Offlinemagnusra

Re: smoking cakes [Re: tom]
    #305705 - 04/30/01 10:38 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

You can and will get effects from smoking. Granted it will lose some potency but you will feel effects. The problem with this method is that you need a lot of shrooms, I would say like a 1/2 oz. to get real messed up. It comes on quicker (Within a few minutes) and doesn't last long. But if you think about it I highly doubt that all the psilocybin/psilocin will be broken down by heat. The flame is only going to make direct contact with a small portion of the area. After that the ember's will do the rest of the burning and they are much cooler that a flame. Also this will cause uneven heating in the substance, the part actually burning being the hottest. So it is logical that there will be vaporization of the chemicals in the areas close enough to heat to that temperature. And also a loss of them do to chemical breakdown from the heat of the areas closest to the burning. So yes you can smoke it and get effects but you'd probably need to smoke an oz or two, if not more, to get the same effect as a few grams orally.

Also if you are using Vermiculite in those cakes I wouldn't make a habit of smoking them. Most vermiculite has been found to contain asbestos in very very small quantities. But nontheless I wouldn't even want to think about inhaling it.

--------------------
[red]* The above post is not meant to be the thoughts and/or opinions of the author. I am relaying information for an acquintance and only write in first-person to simplify the process[/red]

OfflineMacGyver

Re: smoking cakes [Re: magnusra]
    #305816 - 04/30/01 01:09 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

i don't know how many times i have heard this discussion on this site. it seems so silly. you can't smoke shrooms or mycelium. the temperature in which the psilocybin/cin breaks down is somewhere in the low hundreds...right? i am not 100% sure of that but i am fairly confident it is around there somewhere. And about "the ember's will do the rest of the burning", i just have to disagree. we all know that feeling of packing down a bowl while the ember's are burning. it fucking hurts till you have built up that tough finger callus. now you ask me, that temp is much higher than low hundreds. BUT, thius is all just my humble opinion. take it with a grain of salt.
-Mac

"Never let them see you bleed 007, and always have an escape route."
-Q

Offlinemagnusra

Re: smoking cakes [Re: MacGyver]
    #305862 - 04/30/01 02:12 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Point taken MacGuyver but the fact that everyone seems to miss is that it is only that hot directly at the sight of combustion (Burning). The surrounding areas are at varying temps but there is some area that is always the right temp for the psilocybin to vaporize but not break-down. Also the smoke from the combustion when it passes through the unburnt shrooms it will also heat them up, possibly enough for vaporization possibly not.

Just keep in mind that you are wasting much much more than you ingest so it's not worth it. Besides the effects wear off real quick when smoked (Around an hour). But the definite answer is yes you can and yes it will effect you, but why you would is beyond me.

--------------------
[red]* The above post is not meant to be the thoughts and/or opinions of the author. I am relaying information for an acquintance and only write in first-person to simplify the process[/red]

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag