Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Smoking? [Re: Dogomush]
    #1080422 - 11/23/02 09:56 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblematts
matts

[Re: Anonymous]
    #1080442 - 11/23/02 10:07 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Anonymous

Re: Smoking? [Re: matts]
    #1080458 - 11/23/02 10:13 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

InvisibleBi0TeK
elephant man

Loc: Yorkshire Moors, Great Br...
Re: Smoking? [Re: Llamanose]
    #1080609 - 11/23/02 11:16 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

In reply to:

It doesn't work as good as eating em, and it tastes awful. Even if it did work you'd have to smoke at least a few grams to feel normal effects. Why even try to smoke if eating them works fine?

I've smoked muscimol shroomz but wouldn't recommend ingesting them (Amanita Muscaria).

The below extract was taken from Erowid Experience Vaults

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/subs/exp_Amanitas.shtml#Bad_Trips

In reply to:

Yep, a night in the hospital in the most awful psychic agony I have ever experienced while they poured ipecac (SP) and charcoal down me 'cause the little bastards refused to let me puke. I was pumped. I was then hooked to a heart monitor and had the distinct displeasure of seeing my heart stop a couple of times. After one of them and a couple of firm thumps to my sternum I asked the doctor if I was going to make it. He was rather preocupied with saving my life and sorta muttered, 'we don't know.' They would not treat me with anything until the mushroom was identified which they did by flying it to a poison control center in Denver, I think it was, by Navy jet from Moffet field. They then shot me with something that had me down in 15 minutes after about six hours of mental horror. The next morning every damn med student and intern came by to find out what it was like. I didn't have good things to report. Your mileage may vary. The view I got of the human condition and the burried sadness, pain and agony in everyone around and treating me in the busy emergency facility may have been one very powerful sort of empathogenic halucination effect but it fucked me up for a long time. I have tried nearly every psychoactive even remotely available and nothing, NOTHING, has had such a negative psychic effect.
In reply to:

--------------------
PROMOTE BACTERIA. THEY'RE THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE.

Edited by Bi0TeK (11/24/02 12:10 AM)

Offlinerhizo
herb eater
Loc: Superposition of possible...
Re: Smoking? [Re: roomush]
    #1080639 - 11/23/02 11:34 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

if you did a simple extraction using methanol or even water(if your patient, evaporates slower), and then smoked that you would probably feel something. I think this link is relevant http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_info7.shtml.

(link doesn't work so here's a quote)

"Psilocybin and Heat
by Erowid

I'd say the question of Psilocybin + Heat is no longer a controversy, its a misunderstanding coupled with incomplete data. I think the open question is whether all dried mushrooms can be boiled without significant loss or whether some types react better or worse to this treatment.

Sub-boiling or lightly boiling water does not noticably reduce the activity of dried Psilocybe cubensis. Many people ingest their mushrooms as tea without needing to increase the quantity used. We know of people who regularly boil their mushrooms for up to 30 mins before drinking the resulting liquid. All fully active. The hotter the water, the better. The water should be at least slightly acidic, but psilocybin is highly water soluable.

So, the experience of many people says it works. Smoking mushrooms can work, but most mushrooms aren't terribly potent so you need to smoke a lot of mushrooms to get a strong effect (imagine smoking 2 grams of mushrooms ! yuck!). But many reliable sources report a mild effect at smoking a bowl or two and this is potentiated by other entheogens (LSD specifically).

However, this is not to say that psilocin, another active chemical, won't break down quickly in boiling water (it probably will). Different types of mushrooms contain differing ratios of psilocybin to psilocin, so it seems quite possible that different strains would fare differently with boiling or hot water extractions. There is evidence to suggest that some degree of potency loss occurs if Psilocybe cyanescens are heated by a method such as boiling."

Dogmush said
"nope, it works, try it chudmunky "

chudmunky, funny shit dude

[edit]link don't work[/edit]

--------------------
An optimist is never pleasantly surprised.

Edited by rhizo (11/23/02 11:37 PM)

Anonymous

Re: Smoking? [Re: rhizo]
    #1080710 - 11/24/02 12:17 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: Smoking? [Re: Anonymous]
    #1080763 - 11/24/02 12:37 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Ok take into account the fact the most of the psilocybin is destroyed by flame. You might need to smoke how many ounces of dried shrooms to trip?

BLAST YOU! And blast your endless theorizing, why are you posting like this? Go get the gravity bong, get in your bath tub, and lung hit some mushrooms, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

Anonymous

Re: Smoking? [Re: Dogomush]
    #1080854 - 11/24/02 01:23 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate