Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Is Obscurity the Key to Spirituality? [Re: Mushmonkey]
    #3034845 - 08/21/04 11:32 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Mushmonkey said:Of course, if you want to seem as if you are imparting some sacred and secret knowledge upon them, but aren't, placing your starting point somewhere they won't understand and only ENDING with something they can nod their heads at and understand.. well, that works quite well.

Now take a look at the majority of the posts in this forum.

Attention is short-lived... so if that's what you're looking for, it's easier to keep it when you go for obscurity.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: Is Obscurity the Key to Spirituality? [Re: Mushmonkey]
    #3037002 - 08/22/04 05:35 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Ahhhhhhh,

Yes, I did misunderstand you. However, the way I move works for me. It seems people here want ground to set there ladders on and then they start the climb.

I do understand and respect this appraoch to life. It is stable and safe, or is it? Hmmmmm I question everything.

Here's what i see that some don't. Earth quakes hit now and again crumbling foundations. THERE IS NO SURE GROUND in this life to stand on. Only ONE thing NEVER changes and that is change. I've come to accept that and therefor, I am learning to fly, so when the ground break apart that I am standing on, I won't fall in.

When you want to park it, you drop anchor or tie the lines to dock post. When you want to go on a sailing adventure or off exploring, you host the anchor and untie the lines so you can move with the wind and sea.

I have come as far as to realise this

Consciousness is like liquid light and emotions are like aetheric water. I am swimming in an ocean that has NO bottom top or ends.

The ground we stand upon is an illusion that gives us a false sense of security. At best all we can do is make it up by giving things weight for a time by whatever means suit us.

This is why I have to reduce things and make them dense when I want something stable to stand on "for a time".

When you start with the obscure and move to the understandable, you begin to see life from this perspective.

I know everyone is not ready or willing to for obvious reasons. One being fear, fear the ladder will fall, fear of sailing into storms, and fear of sinking and drowning.

I say, many need to get a grip on themselevs. When you have a grip on YOURSELF, you don't need to stand on ground that will eventually crumble to feel safe and secure. If you beleive that your safety and security comes from the ground you stand on then you will be screwed when it crumbles without knowing how to fly or swim.

Even the screwing will be a temporary experience, a mind fuck, an illusion, because there is no where to fall too in an infinite sea that has no bottom or gravity of its own save for the pull back to source "found in the heart within".

I think thats what scares the hell out of people- meeting up with the source within. Thats why they keep looking without and standing on other peoples rocks or ones of their own versus using the source within as their foundation and pillar when the tides churn up.

Mind you, the above is all phiolosphy and I care not to turn it into a scientific debate of facts. It is food to give the philosophical mind something to chew on and perhaps satisfy the soul.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Is Obscurity the Key to Spirituality? [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3038097 - 08/22/04 10:54 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Great... someone forgot to wipe their boots off before they came into my thread...

And I just had the friggin' carpets cleaned... argh!

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Is Obscurity the Key to Spirituality? [Re: Sclorch]
    #3038120 - 08/22/04 11:03 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

3M Scotch Guard is my recommendation.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: Is Obscurity the Key to Spirituality? [Re: Sclorch]
    #3038189 - 08/22/04 11:37 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Sclorch said:
Sometimes it's more painful to NOT shake things up in the ol' brainpan. [/quote

Exactly! And thats why I posted what I did!  You can dish out the advise but ya can't follow it huh?

I don't follow a lot of my own either. Just making a point cuz you were begging to be poked with one. :wink:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order