Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 1439 | 1440 | 1441 | 1442 | 1443 | 1444 | 1445 | 1446 | 1447 | 1448 | 1449 | 1450 | 1451 | 1452 | 1453 | 1454 | 1455 | 1456 | 1457 | 1458 | 1459 |
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: GenesisCorrupted] * 3
    #29681369 -

Lemme see.  Prunus generally transplants well but what you got in your pockets seems to be chestnuts.  Make it make
Sense.


--------------------
Need a lift?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: BeefExtreme] * 1
    #29681374 -

Oh i see.  Ya thats a prunus to be certain.  What if--and im
Just spitballin here--what if you just told them its way too close to the foundation and ask if you can have it?


--------------------
Need a lift?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: BeefExtreme] * 2
    #29681389 -

I tresspass for mushrooms all the time, why not tree? Lol

In all seriousness cost to replace would be minimal if they care enough to do anything about it


--------------------
"Remember, kids, the difference between science and screwing around is writing it down" -adam savage
Flowchart for Recommended plan of action.
Learn the tried and true way to grow mushrooms
Use the Damn search engine
After you know what you're doing, take a break 
Pick a book, Make some chips!
Josex said:Don't take the site seriously bro, ain't worth it.
 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: BeefExtreme] * 1
    #29681391 -

BeefExtreme said:
Oh i see.  Ya thats a prunus to be certain.  What if--and im
Just spitballin here--what if you just told them its way too close to the foundation and ask if you can have it?



That's the deal. They have some issues with bamboo around this place so they like when I go over there and chop stuff down. I had to get rid of a butterfly bush back there that was doing the same thing trying to break the foundations. Then I noticed this little beauty.

Completely unrelated. I have a plum sapling it's just about 5 feet tall now and I want to move that and I'm not sure where to go with it.

I know where I can get a bunch of red cedar saplings too but no one seems to want those

I just got some pink cone flour seeds as well. I've been doing a lot of foraging for new plants this year.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: tryptkaloids]
    #29681394 -

Itll be kinda funny when he gets fruit its a chokecherry


--------------------
"Remember, kids, the difference between science and screwing around is writing it down" -adam savage
Flowchart for Recommended plan of action.
Learn the tried and true way to grow mushrooms
Use the Damn search engine
After you know what you're doing, take a break 
Pick a book, Make some chips!
Josex said:Don't take the site seriously bro, ain't worth it.
 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: tryptkaloids]
    #29681397 -

I have a cherry plum sapling about 8ft thats got a nice (kinda terrible actually but ill deal with it lol) 3 way split crown at chest hight with each main leader having 2 main leads of its own. Itll be a great form to prune, climb, harvest and graft.


--------------------
"Remember, kids, the difference between science and screwing around is writing it down" -adam savage
Flowchart for Recommended plan of action.
Learn the tried and true way to grow mushrooms
Use the Damn search engine
After you know what you're doing, take a break 
Pick a book, Make some chips!
Josex said:Don't take the site seriously bro, ain't worth it.
 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: tryptkaloids]
    #29681408 -

tryptkaloids said:
Itll be kinda funny when he gets fruit its a chokecherry




Its not a chokecherry.  Probably a sour cherry though.  Specimen trees are always grafted and the seeds arent fertile so its probably not a great eating cherry but maybe a good one for pies.


--------------------
Need a lift?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: BeefExtreme]
    #29681423 -

Actually i shouldnt have said "infertile" rather theyre generally not reliably fertile.  No way of knowing what kind of cherries youll get until you grow it up and polinate it.  Thats usually the tricky bit unless theres a bunch of other
Cherries around . Theres a chart of polinators thats mind boggling you can look up but, since this is a seedling, youd never know who its parents were, and even if you
Did, youd have no way of knowing how it pollinates.  Total crap shoot but who knows.  Either way? Its a free tree i suppose. Cherries are pretty anyhow.


--------------------
Need a lift?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: tryptkaloids]
    #29681426 -

I would trade a plum tree for a kiwi tree in a heartbeat. I got one from my last property that had been abandoned there for like 10 years I have no idea what gender it is so I don't know how to pollinate it yet.

I've been tearing out an ungodly amount of invasive blackberry so planting this where that was would be a good trade and would still provide food for the birds.
I can graft something good onto it later. Trying to grow cherries from seed has been difficult.

I watched this YouTube video called the man who planted trees.
It made me feel like I'm not doing enough and now I've been kind of in my mind trying to find the perfect place that I can plant like six or seven native trees at the right distance away from each other and just reforested a small area at least.
The trick is trying to find a place that doesn't occasionally have some dude show up with one of those driving lawnmowers and flatten everything.
There really isn't any property in the city that isn't owned by somebody. I've been thinking about a couple of parks but if I do that I need to make sure it's big enough that it can't get whacked down. So I've been letting them get to a sapling stage and that's where I'm thinking of putting my plum.

So far the only plant I have that could make that cut off is a big Leaf maple or the plum though.
There's one spot that totally sucks and needs something but it's also got a ridiculous amount of wires that kind of go at just that tree height that's why there's nothing there. I've been growing some lilac that I'm gonna put there because it can't really get to big.

Edited by GenesisCorrupted (09/29/26 02:10 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: fontinalis666]
    #29681445 -

fontinalis666 said:
I've been going hard on the summer edition redbull, full sugar of course. It's sudachi&lime flavored and I realized the other day it's very reminiscent of mountain dew and it honestly made me like it a little less lol.

Langten, you should pull a scoby chunk off in a separate container and start feeding it coffee, shit's soo good 🤌



What in the ever living fugg are you talking about:rofl:

Im so intrigued...

Tell me more

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Mackload]
    #29681448 -

Mackload said:
the long the long way


sammich for y'all :lol:



:rockon:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: GenesisCorrupted] * 1
    #29681450 -

GenesisCorrupted said:
:sneakypeek:
I confess there's a sweet cherry tree that I found growing near someone's foundation and I'm gonna wait another month for it to go to sleep and then I'm gonna take the whole thing.



:hellyeah:

Give it a good home eh

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Rasmodius]
    #29681452 -

Rasmodius said:
GenesisCorrupted said:
:sneakypeek:
I confess there's a sweet cherry tree that I found growing near someone's foundation and I'm gonna wait another month for it to go to sleep and then I'm gonna take the whole thing.



how big are we talkin here.

Either way I'm here for this grand theft sapling scheme





:rofl:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: GenesisCorrupted] * 2
    #29681456 -

GenesisCorrupted said:
I would trade a plum tree for a kiwi tree in a heartbeat. I got one from my last property that had been abandoned there for like 10 years I have no idea what gender it is so I don't know how to pollinate it yet.

I've been tearing out an ungodly amount of invasive blackberry so planting this where that was would be a good trade and would still provide food for the birds.
I can graft something good onto it later. Trying to grow cherries from seed has been difficult.

I watched this YouTube video called the man who planted trees.
It made me feel like I'm not doing enough and now I've been kind of in my mind trying to find the perfect place that I can plant like six or seven native trees at the right distance away from each other and just reforested a small area at least.
The trick is trying to find a place that doesn't occasionally have some dude show up with one of those driving lawnmowers and flatten everything.
There really isn't any property in the city that isn't owned by somebody. I've been thinking about a couple of parks but if I do that I need to make sure it's big enough that it can't get whacked down. So I've been letting them get to a sapling stage and that's where I'm thinking of putting my plum.

So far the only plant I have that could make that cut off is a big Leaf maple or the plum though.
There's one spot that totally sucks and needs something but it's also got a ridiculous amount of wires that kind of go at just that tree height that's why there's nothing there. I've been growing some lilac that I'm gonna put there because it can't really get to big.




They graft cherries onto what they call a "cannery cherry" root stock which im not real sure what that is.  Kindof a wild gnarly thing.  They do that because they roots are a lot hardier than the grafted genetics.  So ya, growing from seed is generally a challenge.  Same applies to apples, pears, and every other fruit tree that ive ever seen.  Tree genetics still confuse me and i did a whole internship on grafting and pollinating. That doesnt mean it cant be done or that seedling roots are somehow inferior inherently.  Its just how you would produce a shit ton of specimen trees for an orchard if that makes sense.


Ya i like what youre talking about in terms of trying to proliferate native plants (i prefer the term "indiginous")
and its largely what i do for a living.  I destroy lawns and install natives.  Im getting into "meadow" seeding which is cool and something that might interest you. Theres companies that make custom seed mixes for reclamation projects which are typically mandatory in a lot of mining, forestry and DOT contracts.  (Which makes them lacrative as well)

For you, you might consider getting into doing softwood and hardwood cuttings.  Ive invented cloning systems id be happy to talk about.  Environmental systems.  Hot water heated greenhouses with intetmittent misting systems built for the sole purpose of cloning a shit ton ot plants--fast.


--------------------
Need a lift?

Edited by BeefExtreme (09/29/26 02:40 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: langten69] * 3
    #29681459 -

Yesterday I was with an owl without wings.

Tomorrow I will give a gift back.

My favorite creature is the Cicada.

Two three five seven eleven thirteen and other mysteries.

Sometimes two and four. No one's quite sure why.


--------------------
šŸŒ¾šŸ’®šŸ«˜šŸ„–

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: BeefExtreme]
    #29681475 -

BeefExtreme said:
GenesisCorrupted said:
I would trade a plum tree for a kiwi tree in a heartbeat. I got one from my last property that had been abandoned there for like 10 years I have no idea what gender it is so I don't know how to pollinate it yet.

I've been tearing out an ungodly amount of invasive blackberry so planting this where that was would be a good trade and would still provide food for the birds.
I can graft something good onto it later. Trying to grow cherries from seed has been difficult.

I watched this YouTube video called the man who planted trees.
It made me feel like I'm not doing enough and now I've been kind of in my mind trying to find the perfect place that I can plant like six or seven native trees at the right distance away from each other and just reforested a small area at least.
The trick is trying to find a place that doesn't occasionally have some dude show up with one of those driving lawnmowers and flatten everything.
There really isn't any property in the city that isn't owned by somebody. I've been thinking about a couple of parks but if I do that I need to make sure it's big enough that it can't get whacked down. So I've been letting them get to a sapling stage and that's where I'm thinking of putting my plum.

So far the only plant I have that could make that cut off is a big Leaf maple or the plum though.
There's one spot that totally sucks and needs something but it's also got a ridiculous amount of wires that kind of go at just that tree height that's why there's nothing there. I've been growing some lilac that I'm gonna put there because it can't really get to big.




They graft cherries onto what they call a "cannery cherry" root stock which im not real sure what that is.  Kindof a wild gnarly thing.  They do that because they roots are a lot hardier than the grafted genetics.  So ya, growing from seed is generally a challenge.  Same applies to apples, pears, and every other fruit tree that ive ever seen.  Tree genetics still confuse me and i did a whole internship on grafting and pollinating. That doesnt mean it cant be done or that seedling roots are somehow inferior inherently.  Its just how you would produce a shit ton of specimen trees for an orchard if that makes sense.


Ya i like what youre talking about in terms of trying to proliferate native plants (i prefer the term "indiginous")
and its largely what i do for a living.  I destroy lawns and install natives.  Im getting into "meadow" seeding which is cool and something that might interest you. Theres companies that make custom seed mixes for reclamation projects which are typically mandatory in a lot of mining, forestry and DOT contracts.  (Which makes them lacrative as well)

For you, you might consider getting into doing softwood and hardwood cuttings.  Ive invented cloning systems id be happy to talk about.  Environmental systems.  Hot water heated greenhouses with intetmittent misting systems built for the sole purpose of cloning a shit ton ot plants--fast.



Yeah I'd appreciate it. I don't know if I'm ready to have any large scale plan. But grafting is something I've always been really interested in.
I learned how to do grafts from my grandpa. He grew citrus.
Just a classic tea slice and then you insert a cutoff branch.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: bloodssonnew]
    #29681477 -

FACTS


--------------------
Read the guide, read it again, understand the guide, then start the hobby.

I have no idea what I am doing, but I'm having fun doing it!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: GenesisCorrupted] * 1
    #29681496 -

Pretty straightforward. You can really only root new growth, as in branches that grew that season.  You really want the long tender "whips".  They have all the hormone.  Easiest way is to do them dormant.  Cut a bunch the size of pencils or so.  We'd rubber band them in bundles of 50 or so.  Then dip the bottom couple inches in rooting hormone (indole buteric acid) then stick the whole bundle in peat at field capacity.  You could use coir i reckon. 

Then those pots were covered to hold the moisture in and wed keep them in the cellar all winter.  You can
Also use a fridge. 

In the spring, youll have rooted cuttings.  Just stick them roots into a pot of soil and youre off to the races.  Mass production for lots of native softwoods like cottonwoods, choke cherries, willow, aspen etc.  works with lots of shrubs
Too.



Doing live cuttings is a bit tricker but just as easy.  The idea is using a medium that wont rot.  I prefer basically pure perlite.  You basically take cuttings from new growth whips, dip wm in hormone, put em in cells of perlite. 

I setup a greenhouse with a heated tile floor and then an intermittent timer misted it like once every minute or something.

I reckon a guy could do that on a small scale too. A great heat mat would be a low flat tub of water with a fish tank heater.  Just keepin it around 80f. Is great. then you just gotta keep the leaves from wilting with mist.  Suppose you could do that with a hand mister but id of course wanna automate it somehow.  Run little water line from the toilet or sink valve... a cheap home depot rainbird control valve... a cheap 24v transformer and short cycle intetmittnt timer.  A little fan would be sweet.  So basically a modified dreamer lol. 

I can make things sound confusing.  The concept is so simple.  Get your cuttings late spring, dip and stick.

The heat promotes the roots, the mist prevents wilting.  LOTs of shit can be cloned this way.  The trick is selecting the right material.  Youre lookin for that new growth.  It has all the hormone in it.  If its already getting woody, its too late.  Then get it in a cooler and get it to your lab and process it quickly before it wilts.


--------------------
Need a lift?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: BeefExtreme]
    #29681504 -

Heheh, "dip and stick."

Also, still tryin' to get chocolate and apple mint cuttings to NOT fucking die on me.  Dunno what the crap I'm doing wrong and it's startin' to piss me off.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: DorkWithTheHair] * 1
    #29681507 -

Grafting is almost easier than cloning.  Its really, again, about selecting the right material not only to graft to, but from.

You really need a bud from first season growth but the destination to be second season.  This needs to be done just after the plant drops leaves for the winter.

You want your destination material to have that kind of cambium (bark, but not yet chonky and hard) thats fun to peel off the stick with your fingernails... if that makes sense. 

So what we do is cut a caiptal "i" into the cambium with a razor.  Exacto works good.  Then pry the little double doors you just made outward. 

Then you cut the bud off your source in the same shape as the little door you made on the branch. (A rectangle just a tiny bit smaller than the door).  You just stick that little badboy on there with the doors open and then you wrap it shut with grafting tape.  Really you should cut the rest of the branch above your graft off now so the plant is forced to push hormone to the graft.



Ill see if i can find some videos and stuff if you ever want to give this a try.


--------------------
Need a lift?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 1439 | 1440 | 1441 | 1442 | 1443 | 1444 | 1445 | 1446 | 1447 | 1448 | 1449 | 1450 | 1451 | 1452 | 1453 | 1454 | 1455 | 1456 | 1457 | 1458 | 1459 |

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Kombucha bottles coulterIV 603 4 01/30/08 06:47 PM
by RogerRabbit
* Kombucha Question... satyr 699 5 04/08/08 07:03 AM
by Roadkill
* Homemade "Myco Bags"
( 1 2 all )
nugsarenice 3,594 25 04/21/02 12:38 PM
by nugsarenice
* WBS fermentation outlawimmortal 1,401 5 08/11/06 05:10 PM
by outlawimmortal
* Hpoo fermentation and why (Grrrrrrrrrr)
( 1 2 all )
scatmanrav 6,017 31 06/21/05 08:02 AM
by scatmanrav
* Re: Starting the magical process of cultivation Anonymous 1,157 7 04/06/00 11:30 AM
by Anonymous
* I need to know more about Mushroom Cultivators lung navyseals101 3,675 10 10/15/09 11:41 AM
by blujay
* WBS Jar with Fermenting Smell Fixer 4,052 4 02/07/07 10:50 AM
by RogerRabbit

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
458,556 topic views. 10 members, 53 guests and 184 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.053 seconds spending 0.026 seconds on 16 queries.