Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Slidewich Tek: An agar plate that's also a microscope slide [Re: shroom_fae]
    #29678987 -

Would love to see some pics!


--------------------


.~`  ๐”… ๐”ž ๐”ค ๐”ข ๐”ฉ  ๐Ÿฅฏ  ๐”… ๐”ฆ ๐”ฑ ๐”ข ๐”ฐ  `~.
:salute: CAKE WARS III HAPPENING NOW :salute:

๐Ÿงช Castellani Preservation | ๐Ÿ”ฌ The Slidewich | โ˜ ๏ธ Touchless skull sterilizer | ๐Ÿ“ธ Agar plate scanner


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slidewich Tek: An agar plate that's also a microscope slide [Re: Rasmodius] * 1
    #29680393 -

The individual strips of baking sheet sandwiched together did not bond properly and sort of just fell apart. I have a sheet of 1/4 in silicone coming this week I will test with and add photos, hopefully my larger clover slips will also be here soon too!


--------------------
Read the guide, read it again, understand the guide, then start the hobby.

I have no idea what I am doing, but I'm having fun doing it!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slidewich Tek: An agar plate that's also a microscope slide [Re: shroom_fae]
    #29680449 -



Nice! I've got this polyproyline plate, also 1/4 inch to, to try something similar. Should be PC safe.


--------------------


.~`  ๐”… ๐”ž ๐”ค ๐”ข ๐”ฉ  ๐Ÿฅฏ  ๐”… ๐”ฆ ๐”ฑ ๐”ข ๐”ฐ  `~.
:salute: CAKE WARS III HAPPENING NOW :salute:

๐Ÿงช Castellani Preservation | ๐Ÿ”ฌ The Slidewich | โ˜ ๏ธ Touchless skull sterilizer | ๐Ÿ“ธ Agar plate scanner


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slidewich Tek: An agar plate that's also a microscope slide [Re: Rasmodius]
    #29680502 -

Oh neat if you already have a 1/4in on hand here is the version of the large cutter for that thickness. Let me know how it goes and I will share my results when my silicone gets here!
1/4in. large slide gasket


--------------------
Read the guide, read it again, understand the guide, then start the hobby.

I have no idea what I am doing, but I'm having fun doing it!

Edited by shroom_fae (09/28/26 01:02 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slidewich Tek: An agar plate that's also a microscope slide [Re: shroom_fae]
    #29682810 -

This seems patentable and easily manufactured dude.

we dont deseve you. Youre literally too fucking good for this world.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slidewich Tek: An agar plate that's also a microscope slide [Re: BeefExtreme]
    #29682824 -

Sorry meant to post this on the morning of 30 September 2026, but had a weird day, and was sidetracked.


It works as is, but I am still waiting for the larger slip covers to come in to show the final equipment.







Gasket Jig Operations
Gasket Jig

:mushroom2::fairy:


--------------------
Read the guide, read it again, understand the guide, then start the hobby.

I have no idea what I am doing, but I'm having fun doing it!

Edited by shroom_fae (09/30/26 11:41 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slidewich Tek: An agar plate that's also a microscope slide [Re: BeefExtreme] * 2
    #29682826 -

On the topic of patenting this:
I disagree on that, I believe that what this community is doing is what is needed. I have no reason to restrict knowledge sharing about the highest efficacy medicine I have every come across! I love what I have learned in my short time I have been here and want to give back in anyway I can!


Also can I have a fangirl moment?

BeefExtreme, I have been reading your posts for months, even before I made an account on this wonderful community and it is very encouraging to see such an intelligent well respected cultivator holding this little side project in high regards :heart:

:mushroom2::fairy:


--------------------
Read the guide, read it again, understand the guide, then start the hobby.

I have no idea what I am doing, but I'm having fun doing it!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slidewich Tek: An agar plate that's also a microscope slide [Re: shroom_fae]
    #29682842 -

Agreed, thanks for the props beef. Much appreciated.

I doubt I could patent it (nor would I want to. The plate scanner.... ugh. I am conflicted. Not about literal patents but about its potential to be worth some bucks, which i both hate and require if I wish to continue purchasing bagel bites)

fae those look fuckin wicked, way more pro. if it were me I'd halve the height unless you're gonna deep pour right to the lip, but it's a very promising approach re: materials.


--------------------


.~`  ๐”… ๐”ž ๐”ค ๐”ข ๐”ฉ  ๐Ÿฅฏ  ๐”… ๐”ฆ ๐”ฑ ๐”ข ๐”ฐ  `~.
:salute: CAKE WARS III HAPPENING NOW :salute:

๐Ÿงช Castellani Preservation | ๐Ÿ”ฌ The Slidewich | โ˜ ๏ธ Touchless skull sterilizer | ๐Ÿ“ธ Agar plate scanner


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slidewich Tek: An agar plate that's also a microscope slide [Re: shroom_fae] * 1
    #29682848 -

shroom_fae said:
On the topic of patenting this:
I disagree on that, I believe that what this community is doing is what is needed. I have no reason to restrict knowledge sharing about the highest efficacy medicine I have every come across! I love what I have learned in my short time I have been here and want to give back in anyway I can!


Also can I have a fangirl moment?

BeefExtreme, I have been reading your posts for months, even before I made an account on this wonderful community and it is very encouraging to see such an intelligent well respected cultivator holding this little side project in high regards :heart:

:mushroom2::fairy:



Oh. ๐Ÿฅน geez.  Thanks sis. Not to knock myself down, but im a dummy next to ras.  I consider his work way beyond anything ive ever done.  But thank you.  Thanks for being with us.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slidewich Tek: An agar plate that's also a microscope slide [Re: Rasmodius] * 1
    #29682965 -

Yea, I really should have ordered some 1/8 inch silicone when I placed the order for 1/4 inch, but I was full of ambition when I ordered it. My idea was I would drop a 6mm agar punch(yea sorry y'all scalpel work is for the birds, a complete set of punchs was $8, it's so much easier), and fill the rest with a very thick agar agar at 2% MEA.

I'm still planning on attempting that, but waiting for the larger slip covers is my long pole now ๐Ÿ˜ญ.


Sidenote for you Ras: I have a running version of the web app, psql, raspberry pi 5 with a HQ camera, and hooks to the label maker in QA/QC now. I should be able to share more on that project this weekend!


--------------------
Read the guide, read it again, understand the guide, then start the hobby.

I have no idea what I am doing, but I'm having fun doing it!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slidewich Tek: An agar plate that's also a microscope slide [Re: BeefExtreme]
    #29682967 -

Please don't knock yourself down, y'all are both incredibly gifted and I look forward to learning so much more of the magical world of mycelium from both of you! โค๏ธ


--------------------
Read the guide, read it again, understand the guide, then start the hobby.

I have no idea what I am doing, but I'm having fun doing it!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slidewich Tek: An agar plate that's also a microscope slide [Re: shroom_fae] * 1
    #29683835 -

I made 10 total slides last night because my cover slips arrived, pc'd for 30mins. In the SAB with the cooled slides, my plates to take healthy transfers from, I went to unwrap the slides, dropped the gasket on the first 4. I decided that was a sign that I should stop the session and reassess my methodology.


Lesson's learned:
- 1/4 inch is absolutely too much(1/8in has been ordered, but will need to reprint the template for the new dimensions
- $.01 in silicone gasket maker applied to the bottom of the gasket would have saved me 2hrs of frustration
- don't go into the SAB exhausted from a long work day, you will make mistakes.


--------------------
Read the guide, read it again, understand the guide, then start the hobby.

I have no idea what I am doing, but I'm having fun doing it!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slidewich Tek: An agar plate that's also a microscope slide [Re: shroom_fae]
    #29683853 -

I like where these ideas are heading

:threadmonitor:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slidewich Tek: An agar plate that's also a microscope slide [Re: langten69] * 1
    #29684209 -

Sorry the work week burned me out, probably won't have any updates tonight.

I was really excited to be a little Bene Gesserit with these new slides, but I don't want to make more mistakes than progress going in exhausted.

The most you'll see from me will be shitposts.

:mushroom2::fairy:


--------------------
Read the guide, read it again, understand the guide, then start the hobby.

I have no idea what I am doing, but I'm having fun doing it!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slidewich Tek: An agar plate that's also a microscope slide [Re: shroom_fae]
    #29684226 -

No need to apologize, anything wrt genetics happen on rather lengthy timelines.

My mono hunt has been in the fridge since june.

The world turns on.


--------------------


.~`  ๐”… ๐”ž ๐”ค ๐”ข ๐”ฉ  ๐Ÿฅฏ  ๐”… ๐”ฆ ๐”ฑ ๐”ข ๐”ฐ  `~.
:salute: CAKE WARS III HAPPENING NOW :salute:

๐Ÿงช Castellani Preservation | ๐Ÿ”ฌ The Slidewich | โ˜ ๏ธ Touchless skull sterilizer | ๐Ÿ“ธ Agar plate scanner


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slidewich Tek: An agar plate that's also a microscope slide [Re: shroom_fae] * 1
    #29685098 -

The template was an over engineered solution.

The approach I was taking for candidate selection was under engineered.



I am now curing aquarium silicone in TPU 95A molds. There are two mold types, one with a single large well, and one with four smaller wells.

Planned procedure:

1. Spore to star swipe plate, and a clone sample extracted with the syringe method

2. 2-3 transfers to identify mono candidates

3. Candidate 6mm plugs will be placed in 2-3mm of agar with no nutrients inside of large slide gaskets with a nutrient agar 6mm plug on either side of the inoculated plug

4. First round candidates will then be transferred to the small well slides with a single candidate and a single plug with a nutrient 6mm plug placed on the opposite corner with only air between the two in each well

5. Each surviving candidate will be plated

6. As each plate is fully inoculated a 6mm plug will be moved to cryo for long term storage, and the remainder of the plate will inoculate rye.


--------------------
Read the guide, read it again, understand the guide, then start the hobby.

I have no idea what I am doing, but I'm having fun doing it!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slidewich Tek: An agar plate that's also a microscope slide [Re: shroom_fae]
    #29685247 -

I like the cut of your jib.


--------------------


.~`  ๐”… ๐”ž ๐”ค ๐”ข ๐”ฉ  ๐Ÿฅฏ  ๐”… ๐”ฆ ๐”ฑ ๐”ข ๐”ฐ  `~.
:salute: CAKE WARS III HAPPENING NOW :salute:

๐Ÿงช Castellani Preservation | ๐Ÿ”ฌ The Slidewich | โ˜ ๏ธ Touchless skull sterilizer | ๐Ÿ“ธ Agar plate scanner


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slidewich Tek: An agar plate that's also a microscope slide [Re: Rasmodius]
    #29685441 -

I have never worked with this specific silicone before, or created TPU molds for silicone of this size. The v1s failed to extract from the molds.

Back to the drawing board!


--------------------
Read the guide, read it again, understand the guide, then start the hobby.

I have no idea what I am doing, but I'm having fun doing it!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slidewich Tek: An agar plate that's also a microscope slide [Re: shroom_fae]
    #29685837 -

mold release spray can help. So can drafting the object you're molding with a slight angle on the outside walls so it's very subtly trapezoidal and pulls out easier.


--------------------


.~`  ๐”… ๐”ž ๐”ค ๐”ข ๐”ฉ  ๐Ÿฅฏ  ๐”… ๐”ฆ ๐”ฑ ๐”ข ๐”ฐ  `~.
:salute: CAKE WARS III HAPPENING NOW :salute:

๐Ÿงช Castellani Preservation | ๐Ÿ”ฌ The Slidewich | โ˜ ๏ธ Touchless skull sterilizer | ๐Ÿ“ธ Agar plate scanner


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Re: mold in agar plate Anonymous 14,265 3 12/04/99 12:35 AM
by Anonymous
* Whats with my agar plates? Frankenstein 9,629 8 09/08/22 03:46 PM
by schpat
* How many mycelium syringes from one agar plate? BBShrizz 5,516 3 05/10/01 02:10 AM
by ISaToriBluEI
* agar plates... Fluxburn 1,797 10 02/11/05 08:30 PM
by Fluxburn
* storing peroxide agar plates for later use ohmatic 1,366 2 01/09/05 03:18 PM
by ohmatic
* First agar plates, any comments? Thought Criminal 29 0 10/04/26 12:14 PM
by Thought Criminal
* What to do with a bunch of half colonized agar plates? scatmanrav 3,851 5 01/26/20 01:00 PM
by A.k.a
* Re: agar plate question Psilowarrior 2,823 2 12/10/99 02:09 PM
by rebelmoon

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
425 topic views. 32 members, 89 guests and 211 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 17 queries.