Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 1439 | 1440 | 1441 | 1442 | 1443 | 1444 | 1445 | 1446 | 1447 | 1448 | 1449 | 1450 | 1451 | 1452 | 1453 | 1454 | 1455 | 1456 | 1457 | 1458 | 1459 |
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: PuffM4gicDr4gon] * 3
    #29679949 -

I'm really sorry to hear about the situation you and your wife just experienced. Absolutely unfair.

My friend had a similar situation and it broke his heart. like with people, sometimes it's a unfortunate case of an unmanageable relationship. They have issues you can't help

You guys went far above and way beyond in trying to give your pup the best life possible. You didn't let him down, you stood by his side until his issues broke you down. You did the best thing possible in giving him a home, trying your absolute hardest, and then rehoming when nothing more could be done.

You deserve to live a normal life. Nobody deserves to be tied up in a situation like this. I'm really happy to hear from you Roscoe. While incredibly painful and sad it's good news that youve done what is best for you and you're wife's well being. Takes a real strong person to deal with what you guys just had to deal with. This will pass and get better. You got this friend, tomorrows another day and we are here for you:heart::hug:

Sending lots of love and good vibes you're way

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: RoscoeReturns] * 3
    #29679983 -

RoscoeReturns said:
I confess I’m sitting in a hotel room, six hours from home, crying my eyes out and drinking as much bourbon as I can pour down my gullet.

I haven’t been round here much because I’ve been pouring all of my free time and energy into my puppy. We’ve had him for a year, and I love him to death, but today I drove through four states to take him back to his breeder. We can’t do it any more. He’s an anxious, fearful, Lyme ridden 140 pound puppy. He needs constant attention. He has severe separation anxiety. He is vicious when anyone visits our home. For a while he couldn’t sit or lie down due to the Lyme arthritis. My wife and I have spent months giving him 24 hour, seven day a week attention. We are worn thin. I fell like such a failure. I was his human, and I let him down. I’m gutted that we had to give him up. I know he’ll be well cared for, but I miss him already.

I miss being here. I will get my life back. I miss my dog.





Doggy, a dog like that is a massive commitment and its just so much better that you give him a chance at getting the kind of care he really needs.  Its great that you recognize that and did the right thing . A lot of people just phone it in and let the dog live a miserable life in a hot back yard.  Dog like that could really hurt someone if they dont get the right training and that'd be tragic.  Theyre cute as fuck but man, thats a work dog.  Not quite a pet. 

If only the right thing and the nice thing were the same thing, but in my experience, they seldom are. 

anyway hang tough bud.  Sorry it feels like shit right now but im sure youll find the way.


--------------------
Need a lift?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: RoscoeReturns] * 7
    #29679986 -

A hard choice but the right one it sounds like. Work through man, know that you are welcome here and if you need to talk someone here will always care :sporedrop:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: BeefExtreme] * 3
    #29679992 -

@Roscoe I feel you buddy. Dogs pull all the strings.
:hugitout:


--------------------
It takes guts to be
gentle and kind

Another way to live

Your ego is your nemesis.
Seek the truth tirelessly,
Even at the cost of your own sanity.
-fiddle_head

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: BeefExtreme] * 1
    #29680036 -

I just realized today that there is a respond option on the ratings section of user profiles. 🤦

I was distracted by people saying nice things to me, and didn't even look at the page more 😅


Gotta go respond to those now!


--------------------
Read the guide, read it again, understand the guide, then start the hobby.

I have no idea what I am doing, but I'm having fun doing it!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: RoscoeReturns] * 3
    #29680041 -

RoscoeReturns said:
My wife and I have spent months giving him 24 hour, seven day a week attention. We are worn thin. I fell like such a failure. I was his human, and I let him down.



Did you though? Cause I'm with the others, it sounds specifically like you didn't let him down. You did everything you could, and ultimately did the right thing even though it was the hard thing, and that's admirable as fuck. You're feeling worse so he can feel better. That's a good dog dad, my dude.

Ugh.

Pour up, hug your wife, and live well. <3


--------------------


.~`  𝔅 𝔞 𝔤 𝔢 𝔩  🥯  𝔅 𝔦 𝔱 𝔢 𝔰  `~.
:salute: CAKE WARS III HAPPENING NOW :salute:

🧪 Castellani Preservation | 🔬 The Slidewich | ☠️ Touchless skull sterilizer | 📸 Agar plate scanner


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Rasmodius]
    #29680121 -

Bored....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: divineverdance]
    #29680122 -

What do normal people do for fun these days?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: divineverdance]
    #29680123 -

I need new, fresh,exciting ideas... HELP!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: divineverdance] * 2
    #29680154 -

Roscoe. Im just catching up.  Man your such a strong person. I really admire. You.  This show your tru character.

Somtimes we have to make the hardest decions.  The right ones usually are.

As others have said.  As much as it hurts.  You've done the right thing. 

Keep your chin up.  And keep checking in with us.  Things will slowly get better. And when and if your ever ready again. Find your self a new pup thats more manageable. Makes some new memories while always remembering the good ones from the past. Amd please find that happiness Once again.

Until then please accept some "hippe hugs" You've missed out on them recently so you got some extra with your name on them my friend.
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:






Come on everyone pile on some hugs for roscoe!  Our brother really needs us right now.


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: divineverdance] * 6
    #29680161 -

divineverdance said:
What do normal people do for fun these days?



Get a Starbucks coffee just for the Instagram pic, make sure your nails are spot on for the shot, a nice background and good light. Coffee can be discarded after 2 sips, once its on Instagram, its served its purpose.

Show off a perfect relationship with the hubby/wifey on social media even when they are fed of each other and both dead inside.

Help a homeless by giving them something they have no use for, like bath salts (the ones for the bath tub, not the synthetic drug you degenerates), but you have to make sure someone is recording the whole interaction.


Rant over.

Being serious now.  I have been doing a bit of acrylic painting, I am in  the look for activities that keep me out of any kind of screen, no phone, laptop or telly. Painting has been fun. This was fun to make and I am quite proud of the result.





Some mates love indoors rock climbing, others do pottery, others go bowling.

I love skateboarding and snowboarding.

One of my favorite ways to spend an evening nowadays is wait for a clear night, ideally with a new moon (or a tiny fingernail moon) and sit outside just as it gets dark, have a few beers and look at the sky trying to spot satellites. They are more evident and abundant the first 2 hours after it gets dark. It is fun, free and theres something magical about looking at the stars on a clear night.

Another thing I like to do is when I go buy groceries and I have 20 dollars to spare, buy something nice like a rotisserie chicken and some bread, and give it to the first homeless person you spot on your way home. No video, no telling anyone. Pure altruism. This gives me a lot of joy and I know I would end up spending those 20 bucks on something dumb if I don´t do this so... win win.


--------------------
How about the racist, sexist, phobia soup we've all been drowning in because of him? And I'm not just talking about Jesus. I'm talking about all organized religion - exclusive groups created to manage control, a dealer getting people hooked on the drug of hope, his followers nothing but addicts who want their hit of bullshit to keep their - their dopamine of ignorance, addicts afraid to believe the truth - that there is no order, there's no power, that all religions are just metastasizing mind worms meant to divide us so it's easier to rule us by the charlatans that want to run us.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: divineverdance]
    #29680166 -

divineverdance said:
I need new, fresh,exciting ideas... HELP!



Mixed
Martial
Arts


Edited by langten69 (09/28/26 12:07 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: 0_tonin] * 1
    #29680171 -

0_tonin said:




This is so sick. It took me awhile, I was like hey that looks like a painting on a waaoooooh fuckkk whaaaatt


--------------------


.~`  𝔅 𝔞 𝔤 𝔢 𝔩  🥯  𝔅 𝔦 𝔱 𝔢 𝔰  `~.
:salute: CAKE WARS III HAPPENING NOW :salute:

🧪 Castellani Preservation | 🔬 The Slidewich | ☠️ Touchless skull sterilizer | 📸 Agar plate scanner


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Rasmodius] * 1
    #29680177 -

Rasmodius said:
0_tonin said:




This is so sick. It took me awhile, I was like hey that looks like a painting on a waaoooooh fuckkk whaaaatt




oh cheers mate

This was the inspiration. Came out quite different to the inspo, but I like it cos I gave it my own touch to it. I think that painting describes how my brain works sometimes hahaa



--------------------
How about the racist, sexist, phobia soup we've all been drowning in because of him? And I'm not just talking about Jesus. I'm talking about all organized religion - exclusive groups created to manage control, a dealer getting people hooked on the drug of hope, his followers nothing but addicts who want their hit of bullshit to keep their - their dopamine of ignorance, addicts afraid to believe the truth - that there is no order, there's no power, that all religions are just metastasizing mind worms meant to divide us so it's easier to rule us by the charlatans that want to run us.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: RoscoeReturns]
    #29680179 -

Blessings Roscoe, just read your post. Hang in there man, try to be easy on yourself. I remember I had a dog in my youth we couldn't take care of either... Ol' snickers ...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: RoscoeReturns] * 3
    #29680180 -

Aw Roscoe, that sucks so hard. Sounds like you had little choice. If the two of you crash, he'll suffer from that too. But what a fucked up decision to be forced to make. All the best to you man. And your wife.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: RoscoeReturns] * 1
    #29680324 -

RoscoeReturns said:
I confess I’m sitting in a hotel room, six hours from home, crying my eyes out and drinking as much bourbon as I can pour down my gullet.

I haven’t been round here much because I’ve been pouring all of my free time and energy into my puppy. We’ve had him for a year, and I love him to death, but today I drove through four states to take him back to his breeder. We can’t do it any more. He’s an anxious, fearful, Lyme ridden 140 pound puppy. He needs constant attention. He has severe separation anxiety. He is vicious when anyone visits our home. For a while he couldn’t sit or lie down due to the Lyme arthritis. My wife and I have spent months giving him 24 hour, seven day a week attention. We are worn thin. I fell like such a failure. I was his human, and I let him down. I’m gutted that we had to give him up. I know he’ll be well cared for, but I miss him already.

I miss being here. I will get my life back. I miss my dog.






Man I just caught up and saw this.  That's one of the hardest things to do, but sometimes it's necessary.  At least he's in a place where he can be happy and well taken care of.  You did the right thing friend.

:hug:


-Kingboomer


--------------------


I'm just a clown dancing to the sins of mankind.

-Captain Spaulding

Back in business
Cake wars III

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: callmehippie] * 3
    #29680330 -

HELL YEAH I was just saying how I wanted to see dv8 be tc next awesome

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: RoscoeReturns] * 2
    #29680337 -

That really sucks man. As others have said though you did the right thing. A dog is a great companion and they can bring loads of joy and happiness however they can also be very overwhelming and take up too much time and just be more trouble then one may be able to handle. It's good you got a breeder that will take the dog back that's always great. I have 7 boxer pups right now and when I send them off I'd take them back in a heartbeat if someone couldn't care for them anymore. A few years ago my girl got a dog from a shelter a really old pit bull who needed help getting g up the stairs and stuff and we had her a few weeks until the manager of the apartment told her she couldn't have it she was absolutely devastated and the worst partis there's tons of bigger less behaved dogs all over the apartment complex. Anyways I'm sorry you have to go through this it's a painful process and I hope you overcome it sooner than later. All love man

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Awfullotofshrooms] * 2
    #29680340 -

I confess I wasn't sure if this was ultra pampered white mold lol so i risked it n did a smell test :chefskiss:

I am proud to say the komodoxttbvi I been thinking was mold because it was stupid fast is in fact just super happy healthy pan mycelium 🥳 next day off il send sum to grains for funsies



I also have a much much much much omfg pick up da fucking pace the snail is moving faster than u slower kamodoxbvi on a plate I'm cleaning up/ gonna run to compare

For example it takes about 3 days or so from practically nothing transfered to full plate colonization 💀


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono 😎

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 1439 | 1440 | 1441 | 1442 | 1443 | 1444 | 1445 | 1446 | 1447 | 1448 | 1449 | 1450 | 1451 | 1452 | 1453 | 1454 | 1455 | 1456 | 1457 | 1458 | 1459 |

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Milk in substrate Cerebro 2,392 8 04/22/07 07:46 PM
by CornBall
* Homemade "Myco Bags"
( 1 2 all )
nugsarenice 3,594 25 04/21/02 12:38 PM
by nugsarenice
* WBS fermentation outlawimmortal 1,401 5 08/11/06 05:10 PM
by outlawimmortal
* Hpoo fermentation and why (Grrrrrrrrrr)
( 1 2 all )
scatmanrav 6,017 31 06/21/05 08:02 AM
by scatmanrav
* Re: Starting the magical process of cultivation Anonymous 1,157 7 04/06/00 11:30 AM
by Anonymous
* skim milk dunk.....PEEUU badjessejames 1,408 4 05/22/01 08:28 AM
by ar393
* WBS Jar with Fermenting Smell Fixer 4,052 4 02/07/07 10:50 AM
by RogerRabbit
* why did homemade syringe kick butt of SporeSource? LuvWallyWorld 1,241 5 02/25/05 12:31 AM
by Roadkill

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
458,563 topic views. 10 members, 45 guests and 138 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.059 seconds spending 0.031 seconds on 16 queries.