Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 |  [ show all ]
Re: MushLuvR's Martha Madness Marathon [Re: Kloakk] * 2
    #29667574 -

Kloakk said:
:chefskiss:

This thread is just getting better and better :rockon:



We are getting there with these Pans my man, they are the species that has humbled me more times than anything else.  I went from successful right off the bat with edible/med woodie blocks, then exotics and boom, but learning the quarks of these Cyans is humbling and thrilling all in one, definitely a rollercoaster ride, but I used to be an adrenaline junkie in my younger days. This hobby settles me down, especially getting older, no more wild street racing, haven't jumped off a bridge in at least 5 years (grew up cliff jumping), easier to get away with that sort of thing in the 90's and or early 2000's. 

Should I address you as TC or Mr. TC these days!  I like to joke around, but no hate or jealousy here, I'm more of a congratulatory type, my competition is myself the mushroom and tent... that's it.  Cultivators Unite Broseph!!

Edited by MushLuvR77 (09/13/26 03:42 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MushLuvR's Martha Madness Marathon [Re: MushLuvR77] * 1
    #29667607 -

Quote:
MushLuvR77 said:

Should I address you as TC or Mr. TC these days!  I like to joke around, but no hate or jealousy here, I'm more of a congratulatory type, my competition is myself the mushroom and tent... that's it.  Cultivators Unite Broseph!!





I like joking as well :rofl:


--------------------
β€œAll Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MushLuvR's Martha Madness Marathon [Re: Kloakk] * 2
    #29667672 -

Hahahaha... absolutely perfect right there, step aside, make a hole make it WIDE!  Royalty in the building!

Alright, so much happens so quickly with mushrooms, it's what I enjoy about the hobby, well one of the factors, but when you get rolling with it, you can have plenty to play with.

So, I dropped in two more Ingeli tubs into the tent a few days ago, wow these are slow, it's crazy I know I'm growing Pans, no comparison, but these pins are slow developers, but pins are cracking finally everywhere on the daily, should work out, I'm leaving in 3 weeks for the PNW for a week, but who knows if they are going to be finished. 











2nd flush of Komodo just crashed through the casing, I like to leave them to colonize for about a day and half give or take, and plenty of air with a well soaked casing.  Harvested on the 9th, slight recasing, just under a half of a quart, by the 11th smashing through the casing with bad intent!

Casing on the caps, didn't skip a beat





I guess I didn't take any pics on the 12, no worries, current pic from this morning, not bad for a 2nd flush, and how great the first one was.




 

Shorter updates, in case this dinosaur crashes on me or goes extinct! :laugh2:

Edited by MushLuvR77 (09/13/26 05:29 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MushLuvR's Martha Madness Marathon [Re: MushLuvR77] * 1
    #29667680 -

:popcorn:


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono 😎

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MushLuvR's Martha Madness Marathon [Re: bloodssonnew] * 1
    #29667744 -

:raisemyglass:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MushLuvR's Martha Madness Marathon [Re: bloodssonnew] * 2
    #29667756 -

Alright, back to it, the fruiting chamber is updated.

Where are we here, Oh, I also had a little bit of casing left so I cased the NAT tub.  It is the slowest colonizer I think I've ever seen, and it looks like it's trying to create stones.  It is however just starting to break through the casing a bit, I'll probably throw this one in the chamber too.

Current pics



 



What else, agar plates, where to start here.  The Bisporus and Estero Pan's are T-2's currently, the T-1's looked good, probably could of went to grain from here, but I'm stalling it out a bit for my trip, and I don't mind going to T-2, it's what I do most of the time. 

Still nothing from the Tamp and Mexicana A prints, water agar and lme no go, might be time to let em' go wasting plates doesn't make me happy. 

The Semp and Zap prints are fast to grow, glowing specs in 3 days, 5 days visual growth, they both are close to transferring, nothing from the Rusty Whyte which surprises me, still early who knows.

I just transferred the Mak 118 I threw back to agar from a dehydrated seed, been doing this for awhile now ever since Faht turned me onto it years back.  It is Fahts Mak 118 originally.

I did however get my original Homestead PE print to jump off on an agar plate that was at the end of line and the agar started to gel up, anyway, my timing was a little off, but the plate is clean, and SO many spots of growth, it's a PE that gives up spores no problem.  It's a regular Cap sort of PE mostly, definitely some mutations in there, crinkled/crooked stipes, you name it, a ton of variation with this one.  Anyway, this was the first PE I could get a hold of when it was difficult to get anything other than regular cubes, so this one holds dear to me that way.  Is it my favorite PE, no definitely not, but it started me out on PE and TaT variants, and then Albino Cube CRAZY!  I'll be transferring this one soon for CAKE WARS!!

This happens when your agar gets cooled off and starts to gel up on you, still usable, but more of a starter plate, not a finished one.  Still usable to get me to T-1



Ok, Agar done, Pink and Branched Oyster blocks really close, I could probably fruit them now, but they need to colonize just a tiny bit more in a few spots, those busted pellets are so slow, my new blocks will be ready in less than 3 weeks, they are just over 2 now.

The big 7.5 pounder Maitake blocks are going wild and colonizing fast, a good sign, and I did save some seeds back (Like I do) for G2G, or back to agar, options, then options.

I have 4 new blocks ready to sterilize tonight, I'll be spawning the King/Blue and Branched Oyster, the Lions Mane Bears Head is ready also. I may go two big bags with those since I'm out of edible spawn.

I need to do another WBS jar run, I will tomorrow after I clear up two jars and 4 blocks.  I want to get the Shiitakes rollin' since they take months to brown up and be ready to fruit. 

Oh, the old Azzie print I have may be slightly growing, not positive, but it looks like a spec or two might be on its way.  Growing these outdoors would be just like my Cyan bed, I'd probably about faint seeing an azur pop in my yard or neighborhood.  :laugh2:

I think that's it, feels good to be up to date. 

Oh wait...  Cake Wars, many ideas, and in the making, but no go yet with the APE Revert and Taz prints.  The AA+ is 4/4 on BRF cakes, and looking nice.  My first cakes, pretty crazy, but I thought it would be a fun time with everyone and do something that brings me back to the beginning of my journey growing the fungus. 




Two spots of growth on this jar





1 spot on this one...



And then 2 for this jar





AA+ Caps

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MushLuvR's Martha Madness Marathon [Re: MushLuvR77] * 2
    #29667838 -

APE Revert half pint showing promise.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MushLuvR's Martha Madness Marathon [Re: MushLuvR77] * 2
    #29668669 -

Hey now, quick update, 2nd flush of the beautiful Bvi Komodo cross almost finished, I could harvest tonight, but will probably be in the morning, give them another half a day ish, I'll check them before I call it a night. 

Umm, oh yeah, I have LIFE in one of the Taz cube half pint MSS jar, there is a small gap in between the glass and jar lid, and I could see it with a flashlight.  6 of 12 showing, with all 4 AA+ jars going off, fairly fast colonizer for a cube if I remember correctly, and not bad for MS.  I have to admit, this shit is pretty cool, I don't know why I never grew a cake, but I'm hoping to refresh some old cube genetics for everyone and give em' away.  I don't grow many cubes these days, but Cake Wars was too intriguing not to bring the AMMO! 

I received the wrong jars the other day, half pints, but taller, but no lip or anything, I may do some cakes with these (refund and free jars), but I'll get another round of half pint wide mouths. 

The Ingeli tub is popping pins like a mad man right now; this thing might just actually "PAN" out.  No expectations, but the tub has been through high humidity and all my adjustments, currently liking the environment along with the Pan tub.  Ingeli and Pans together, who would have thunk.  :wink:

Oh, I haven't mentioned the Mexicana jars (2) just sitting, I'm not seeing a ton of stones forming with this one, the one jar is coming up on 2 months from inoculation, under two weeks to colonize, so almost 6 weeks give or taking "forming" sclerotia.  When I get back from the PNW, them babies are going to fruit, might not be what I'm looking for in a stone producer.  WE... shall... See... Be well!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MushLuvR's Martha Madness Marathon [Re: MushLuvR77] * 2
    #29668677 -

I forgot the goods, Pics or it didn't happen! :rofl:

Ingeli looking pretty solid lately, slow as all get out, but take your time, do your thing, keep revvin' up with your bad self!



Closeups of the surface so you can see what's really goin' on (left,middle,right)







And this one needs NO intro...


I'm really diggin' the ruffled caps with these; this one will be in my arsenal for some time without a doubt. 







The Ingeli tub is right in front of the Pan tub


Edited by MushLuvR77 (09/14/26 07:51 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MushLuvR's Martha Madness Marathon [Re: MushLuvR77] * 4
    #29669403 -

A few shots of the Komodo/Bvi 2nd flush before printing and harvest.  This baby makes me tingle; I like her ALOT!  Not the greatest spore turnout tho' first flush fruits, a couple of decent prints, but too many light ones, I don't mind for myself, I have sterile swabs on hand since I went swab crazy years ago, but I don't mind using light ones, whatever gets me to the next step is all I care about.







CAKE WARS!!!  I just like saying that for some reason...



APE R





AA+





I tried before the camera died to get a shot of the Tasmanian (Taz) growth, just couldn't get it, but 1 Taz, 2 APE R, and 4 of 4 with AA+, I always have great success with AA+, she luvs me.  :laugh2:

I'll get my camera charged up, new fresh card and battery, the Ingeli tub is surprising me right now... I'm not much for presents but surprises, OH YEAHHH... tell me more!

Alright, shroomerites, be well cultivators and shout out to the new TC's, from what I've seen, Mush deserved and hard work pays off for Kloakk, BigWorm, and who is the other TC... eh who knows... kidding... Congrats JW123.

Edited by MushLuvR77 (09/15/26 03:44 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MushLuvR's Martha Madness Marathon [Re: MushLuvR77] * 1
    #29669506 -

:rockon:

Light prints are still great and some people actually take first prints of fungi n dispose or save or giveaway firstprint of it n use second print on the idea that any contam spores would've dropped in first print 😘 (still viable)

Though the second lighter print is just as useable just considered cleaner in my opinion


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono 😎

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MushLuvR's Martha Madness Marathon [Re: bloodssonnew]
    #29669580 -

I have seen people do "first" print and discard, but honestly, I've never done it so I can't speak on it really, but my prints are done in a SAB and that is the great thing about cakes, testing my spores and having fun with everyone, it's a win win situation.  My spores are old (refreshing prints and definitely going to be giving more away), but I've had no issues with Cubes and Pans growing from older prints, but the Tamps and Mexicana A, don't want to play... with me so I'm going to make a spore syringe for both and let them hydrate up, see if this helps. I mean, there are plenty of specs on the tinfoil, but I just revived a Homestead PE from 21', so cubes are tough and Pans seem to be as well.

The good news is, it wasn't a plate problem, tried both of them on water agar and lme, but I'm going to use more than one print, maybe a sterile swap to grab the spores from the foil.  Cake Wars has inspired me to get back into cubes and refresh some old stuff I kept around not knowing if getting spores were going to become difficult to get (again), or become easier, so I stockpiled like a chipmunk begging at a national park. Turns out, I have way too much, swabs, prints, went a little wild, but unsure of the future, I was happy to be able to play with anything other than reg cubes.  Anyway, hey, I was just giving you shit about UB growing, I honestly don't care how people get to the finish line, but yeah, not something I would promote that's for sure.

We also used to shoot spore syringes to grain back in the day in open air with a flamed needle.  I went back-to-back Mono's in late 2011 maybe, early 2012 and had fruits coming out of my ears.  I didn't take too many pics back then, different times, but thanks to Franks Mono's, and WBS prep, eventually went to FooMan style like I do Oats (60 min bath), but no cold rinse (30-40 mins is fine for WBS).  I have also boiled WBS for 4-5 minutes with success.

I remember Yoshi's no prep over at Topia, it works, but with dirty seeds, it's kind of a PITA to clean them, then water ratio is off, and you DEF have to shake them after cooking.  If I were still getting clean AF oats from TS, I would no prep ALL day long, but T Supply and I... aren't on good terms, dirty Oats, horrible black spores in Rice Bran, and their hardwood fuel pellets, are definitely, or mainly softwood.  Yup, they are on my shit list and will never get another dollar from me.  Rant off, PC sterilizing water and syringes as I type, just about done.  I'll let these suckers soak for at least 24 hours, but the tamp/mexi A will soak for days, but this is going to be my last attempt at bringing them back, if not, I'll get a print from someone or somewhere, which is probably what I should have done, but, I do like the thrill of refreshing spores... to finish and... Score.

Edited by MushLuvR77 (09/15/26 05:40 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MushLuvR's Martha Madness Marathon [Re: MushLuvR77]
    #29670366 -

Always playing with something, decided to make up more syringes, Trinity print, Ochra swab, Avery A swab, and Tamp/Mexi syringes that I'll let hydrate for about a week.  I'm not worried about those with Mexicana jars on ice whenever I'm ready to spawn, will probably be after my trip in early October.

Another cake showing growth, let's go APE R, this one is a producer, potency of PE, and sporulates without hesitation, it doesn't have the look of albino ape (obviously), but for the sake of reviving this one, and hopefully give some spores away, hey, let's do this!


The AA+ aka leucistic A+ is really making me excited for cubes again; I probably have at least 4 cycles with this one, and with me mainly doing PE crosses or Albino crazy, the REGS took a backseat for a while, but cube spores aren't giving me trouble that's for sure.

Oh, I'm pretty sure the Pan tray of Komodo is done for, but it's no surprise giving me a massive half gallon jar first jar flush, and another 24 oz jar 2nd... I mean... it's way too much and had a blast with her... sayonara Komodo... I have another jar finished up, but I'm not spawning anything since I'm OUT in 18 days.  I could go high spawn rate I guess, but I'm content with 3 Ingeli tubs and the NAT tub in the GH.  I might add some grain to some manure cakes for shits and giggles... who knows, doing so well with these pans, experimentation usually takes over when I'm UP in the game! :laugh:

I do need to get the Bears Head spawned and finish up the Edibles, I'm going to make 2 big blocks for these since I have nothing to pair it with at the moment. 

All the best cultivators... "life's a garden... dig it"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MushLuvR's Martha Madness Marathon [Re: MushLuvR77] * 1
    #29673336 -

Last update 3 days ago, what the... is wrong with me.  :laugh:

Where to start, I finally put in some work on the outdoor Cyan bed, sparse chips left, but still plenty of myc on chips, little sticks I've thrown on top to try to keep my cats from digging in it.  I haven't really done much to the bed, and last year really was a light fruiting year, so I bought 5 bags of nature scapes, and used 4.  The price has went up since 21', used to be about 3 bucks a bag or cheaper on sale, but no worries, 20 bucks worth of wood chips with an extra bag to boot, I do have some Azzies jumping off on agar, nice growth too, I need to Xfer that to T1.









I chopped up some overgrown bushes and trees in the same area, a jungle in there, worked great for a makeshift roof to protect the chips and keep my "pests" out.  :laugh2:





I'll be throwing in a Branched Oyster block and a Pink tomorrow or the next day.  Finally, these softwood bunk pellets are colonized, reminder to oneself, don't buy cheap pellets, stick to what works.

I really need to do some Agar work tonight, Semps, Zaps, I have a homestead PE, the Azzie, and I need to transfer the Bisp and Estero, I could probably go to grain now, but I'm not ready for more grain leaving in two weeks, and I could do another plate or two to make sure I'm clean AF when I get back from the PNW

The Nat tub in the tent has colonized the casing fairly well, but not overlayed so that's a good sign fruiting MIGHT be soon, but wow, another one I have NO expectations for, it's slow to colonize, slow to fruit, PHUCK me! :lmao:

The Ingeli tubs are doing what they do to, crawl, but nice pins all over the place, and a few growing, but the progress is baffling, but new one to play with and I'll have this one around for some time, baby steps with this one.

The Mexicana jars aren't throwing sclerotia like I wanted, then to fruit, so when I get back, I'm spawning them, been wanting to fruit these badly too, was trying to wait after Pans, but I'm getting impatient, one jar is almost 2 months old, small stones if that, no worries, off to substrate we go then.

I have one Komodo/Bvi jar left, but I don't know what to do with it, I may spawn it right before I leave, be back in 7 days, should be about perfect to case, but I really don't need anymore of this one right now either, so I'm back and forth with it.  I may do some experimental cakes or something with the jar, I'm komodo HEAVY right now, what a producer the bvi cross is. 

The Blue Springs, where to start with this one, not a fan, BUT it is a Pan, and I do want to get something worthwhile, but two jars are stalling out, one tray was SUPER ugly overlay. I'm going to drop a couple seeds back to agar, and maybe a BRF puck or something, but finicky fugger... NO doubt!

I still have plenty of Eungai seeds, and LC, couldn't get any prints of this one, not a great sporulate....er that's fir sure.  I'll knock up a jar or two before I leave, maybe use the seeds for brf cakes, or manure cakes Waylit Jim style.  Who knows when I'm in the playing mood with WAY too many fruits on hand... but I was just starting to figure out the Eungai, definitely want another crack atcha' and a few prints would be nice to add to the stash.

I think that's about it; I probably missed something I'm playing with, but an update for another day.

Oh, the Cake WARS...  It's official, I'm addicted to BRF pucks and cakes, I have been reading REV's puck thread, and he had issues with tamp prints too that were older, so eyebrows raised and paying attention. I do have spores on a BRF puck currently, if that doesn't work, I'll get some sterile water, and a swab, and swipe multiple prints, I'm going to get those MOFO's to Grow. :laugh2:

I'm also trying to get my stubborn Pearly Gates to show something, tough on agar, tried twice to no growth, good or bad, but who knows. I have plenty of stockpiled prints and swabs that may, grow again won day.  Let's Play!

Edited by MushLuvR77 (09/19/26 09:10 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MushLuvR's Martha Madness Marathon [Re: MushLuvR77] * 1
    #29674244 -

MushLuvR77 said:
Last update 3 days ago, what the... is wrong with me.  :laugh:

Where to start, I finally put in some work on the outdoor Cyan bed, sparse chips left, but still plenty of myc on chips, little sticks I've thrown on top to try to keep my cats from digging in it.  I haven't really done much to the bed, and last year really was a light fruiting year, so I bought 5 bags of nature scapes, and used 4.  The price has went up since 21', used to be about 3 bucks a bag or cheaper on sale, but no worries, 20 bucks worth of wood chips with an extra bag to boot, I do have some Azzies jumping off on agar, nice growth too, I need to Xfer that to T1.









I chopped up some overgrown bushes and trees in the same area, a jungle in there, worked great for a makeshift roof to protect the chips and keep my "pests" out.  :laugh2:





I'll be throwing in a Branched Oyster block and a Pink tomorrow or the next day.  Finally, these softwood bunk pellets are colonized, reminder to oneself, don't buy cheap pellets, stick to what works.

I really need to do some Agar work tonight, Semps, Zaps, I have a homestead PE, the Azzie, and I need to transfer the Bisp and Estero, I could probably go to grain now, but I'm not ready for more grain leaving in two weeks, and I could do another plate or two to make sure I'm clean AF when I get back from the PNW

The Nat tub in the tent has colonized the casing fairly well, but not overlayed so that's a good sign fruiting MIGHT be soon, but wow, another one I have NO expectations for, it's slow to colonize, slow to fruit, PHUCK me! :lmao:

The Ingeli tubs are doing what they do to, crawl, but nice pins all over the place, and a few growing, but the progress is baffling, but new one to play with and I'll have this one around for some time, baby steps with this one.

The Mexicana jars aren't throwing sclerotia like I wanted, then to fruit, so when I get back, I'm spawning them, been wanting to fruit these badly too, was trying to wait after Pans, but I'm getting impatient, one jar is almost 2 months old, small stones if that, no worries, off to substrate we go then.

I have one Komodo/Bvi jar left, but I don't know what to do with it, I may spawn it right before I leave, be back in 7 days, should be about perfect to case, but I really don't need anymore of this one right now either, so I'm back and forth with it.  I may do some experimental cakes or something with the jar, I'm komodo HEAVY right now, what a producer the bvi cross is. 

The Blue Springs, where to start with this one, not a fan, BUT it is a Pan, and I do want to get something worthwhile, but two jars are stalling out, one tray was SUPER ugly overlay. I'm going to drop a couple seeds back to agar, and maybe a BRF puck or something, but finicky fugger... NO doubt!

I still have plenty of Eungai seeds, and LC, couldn't get any prints of this one, not a great sporulate....er that's fir sure.  I'll knock up a jar or two before I leave, maybe use the seeds for brf cakes, or manure cakes Waylit Jim style.  Who knows when I'm in the playing mood with WAY too many fruits on hand... but I was just starting to figure out the Eungai, definitely want another crack atcha' and a few prints would be nice to add to the stash.

I think that's about it; I probably missed something I'm playing with, but an update for another day.

Oh, the Cake WARS...  It's official, I'm addicted to BRF pucks and cakes, I have been reading REV's puck thread, and he had issues with tamp prints too that were older, so eyebrows raised and paying attention. I do have spores on a BRF puck currently, if that doesn't work, I'll get some sterile water, and a swab, and swipe multiple prints, I'm going to get those MOFO's to Grow. :laugh2:

I'm also trying to get my stubborn Pearly Gates to show something, tough on agar, tried twice to no growth, good or bad, but who knows. I have plenty of stockpiled prints and swabs that may, grow again won day.  Let's Play!



Where some froots doot :popcorn:


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono 😎

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MushLuvR's Martha Madness Marathon [Re: bloodssonnew] * 1
    #29674252 -

I just put in two blocks this morning, Branched and Pink Oyster, the Ingeli tub that is fruiting is like watching grass grow, painfully slow.  I did however give it a syringe drink, seemed a bit dry, and there are a few aborts from being too dry, didn't quit like the ending of the Pans going on the dry side of the spectrum. 

I have 16 blocks, and 14 of them will be ran fairly soon, the Maitake blocks are future goal cya in six months sort of deal. 

The NAT tubs surface looks nice in the tent, but another one that I probably won't play with too much, who knows, maybe it will surprise me, but it doesn't have that "feeling" for sure. 

I will have cakes ready when I get back on the 11th of Oct.  The AA+ cakes will definitely be ready, with APE pigment Revert right behind em'.  The Taz won't be ready, slow one, but even one cake, I can refresh some prints for giveaways or what not. 

I have so much in motion, but yeah, I peaked with that Komodo/BVI tub, boy was she a giver and a LOOKER!  I only slowed up on Pans since I'm leaving in two weeks, didn't want anything new going, since they are amazingly fast to fruit, these slow fruiters, I dunno, WE Shall See... broski!

Edited by MushLuvR77 (09/20/26 09:10 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MushLuvR's Martha Madness Marathon [Re: MushLuvR77]
    #29674260 -

Got a pic of kamodoxbvi on agar? I'm trying cleanup that though have yet to find a pic of it on agar


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono 😎

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MushLuvR's Martha Madness Marathon [Re: bloodssonnew]
    #29674639 -

I don't actually, but the Komodo/BVI definitely overlayed on me, but not horrific (like Blue Springs), and still plowed through the surface for a huge first flush, and nice second. You could try an agar sammich... or agar "cabin" they say today, never used a slide or something similar, but I don't normally have to go crazy cleaning them up with extra steps, lucky, or good work, pick your poison, I guess.

I do have an old Mak 118 plate with pinhead contam, could do an agar roof for shits and giggles.  I may do this with the Estero and Bisporus too, for that extra clean feeling and stall them a bit for my upcoming trip.  I really have to get some plates transferred, trying to get Shiitakes and Bolles rollin' before I go so I can come back and spawn them to HWFP's.  But shit, I have too much going on right now, Oct 12th to New Years is going to be WILD tho', should be fungi and gal times.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MushLuvR's Martha Madness Marathon [Re: MushLuvR77] * 2
    #29675401 -

Whaddup folks, great news, an Avery A half pint cake is showing growth already at day 5.  I used both swabs to sterile water and agitated the water a little with the swabs, worked beautifully!  No signs yet from the Trinity (print) or Ochra swabs to syringe.  Still early, but Avery A is the only cube I have every ran on straight straw, surprised me and did well, thinner fruits for the 2nd round, but first flush did produce solid fruits. 



The Ingeli tub is finally kicking in a bit, I had to give the tub a syringe watering, too dry, and lost a couple fruits to dry casing and too much air, bad combination.  The Pan trays are out of there, thank you Komodo, so I bumped up the humidity a touch, seems to be liking the changes. 








The new Ingeli Tub is just starting to pop some pins... a touch of overlay, but nothing to be worried about.



The AA+ cakes are at least 70-80% finished, just tightening up in a few spots, but looking fabulous.  That's the show for the day... take care of one another is the way.  :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MushLuvR's Martha Madness Marathon [Re: MushLuvR77] * 3
    #29677287 -

Hey now, you're an allstar getcha' game on... LETS Play!  Thank you Smashmouth!

The progression of Ingeli, sounds like a book title or something... painful, like a Stephen King book that's over 1000 pages, shout out to the STAND, great novel.



A few pins jumpin' in... I already know... DON'T hold your breath, it will be awhile!  :laugh2:




Oh yeah, Pink block showing pins, OH boy have I been waiting to taste you AGAIN!  I Luv you SO much, ok enough of the emotional attachment, here we go.



Branched Oyster not quite there, all good, this is early Day 4 or 3 complete days.



Nat Tub, yeah same here, I don't know what to think about this one.



I did a big round of Edible jars, 4 shiitake, 2 Bolles, and a Golden Chestnut.  I also G2G another Nat and Ingel jar, the benefits of saving seeds, preciatcha' Faht. 

I also G2G'd the Dancing Hens to a Pint jar maybe a third the way up with cereal seeds. 

I transferred some Peace River seeds as well to a small jelly jar, gives me options.

Let's see, so many moving parts here, I did my first AGAR roofs for the Estero and Bisp, aka agar cover, Cabin, call it what you want, but there is a "COOL" factor to this, and being effective, no new pan trays right now anyway, stall it out and clean it up if needed.... I can dig it.

T-1's, Zap, Semp, and Homestead PE that shoots out regular cubes, crinkled ones, mutated, you name it, you never know with this one.  OH... how could I forget my beautiful flying saucers... T-1 Azzie goin' DOWN!  I have an extra bag of Nature Scapes from buy 5 for the Wavy Cap bed, it's nice and thick with chips again.  I checked it yesterday actually and already see mycelium poking thru in a few spots.  Watered the bed while I was at it.

Oh, I'm not finished... this might be the most I've done, since like 2021, but I'm having fun with it so let's GO.

I acquired some free half pints, the taller ones, wrong jars, so a refund and I told him I'd drop them off, he said keep them, so jars for BRF pucks... SURE why not, I have so many swabs that need testing, so here we are. 

I have two OLB PE jars, 2 of 2 already showing, I have one Pearly Gates (of 4) that has been a PITA to start on Agar, and also testing a Ps Cyan swab (2 jars or both swabs), I'm pretty sure it's growing up the wood already.  :laugh:

Two jars are MexiA and Tamp from spore syringe, nothing yet, tough ol' bugger, I may have to load up on prints, get a sterile swab, and a touch of PC'd water and try that method.  Still early, these spores soaked for 3 or 4 days so plenty of hydration, stubborn AF.

Alright, that's enough for this post... Enjoy the Day... Compadres!

Edited by MushLuvR77 (09/24/26 12:11 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* MARTHA question (new question)
( 1 2 all )
Captain Caveman 2,709 29 01/13/09 08:24 PM
by artizen
* cool mist died.. insert into martha? DJYoshaBYD 833 8 01/15/08 09:31 AM
by DJYoshaBYD
* Keepin Martha Clean Mykey 1,944 12 09/09/04 12:59 PM
by Cyber
* Easiest almost maintenance free martha setup!
( 1 2 3 all )
Cloneufc 19,972 49 08/27/18 10:54 AM
by bodhisatta
* what is wrong with my martha tony8404 1,825 4 09/04/09 03:30 PM
by anonjon
* Martha/Terrariums Vs MonoTubs
( 1 2 all )
navyseals101 10,304 26 12/22/08 05:54 AM
by German Kahuna
* advice on installing cool mist setup in a martha (hoses) tony8404 1,877 13 08/05/08 09:36 PM
by infinitespiral
* about the martha.. thirdeyeopen23 2,025 10 01/04/05 05:58 PM
by thirdeyeopen23

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,810 topic views. 16 members, 149 guests and 222 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.