Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 3974 | 3975 | 3976 | 3977 | 3978 | 3979 | 3980 | 3981 | 3982 | 3983 | 3984 | 3985 | 3986 | 3987 | 3988 | 3989 | 3990 | 3991 | 3992 | 3993 | 3994 | | Last >
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: tultedspoon]
    #29673379 -

:dealwithwhat: bruh please go back to the basics ur doing to much and not following any teks thoroughly.

Work smarter not harder get some grows under ur belt following a proper tek and branch out then once u have proper experience. @beefcake has a guide from start to finish called hitch hikers guide

Edit. Checked his ignored n ratings clearly a troll my bad for evin responding to that guys :beatadeadhorse:

:oldman:


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono 😎

Edited by bloodssonnew (09/19/26 09:59 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: tultedspoon]
    #29673382 -

Whats with pans and casing? I see that casing us essentially obsolete when it comes to cubes, and I dont really understand them... all that talk about ph and all those extra ingredients.... Is it really necessary?

Also, what the hell is overlay? The only info I found in it was an argument about what it was. Any resources woukd be greatly appreciated, especially about the casing thing.

I'm soing agar tonight too! well, pouring plates. I got the juice to be close to baja blast blue so im excited


--------------------
idrk how I got here or what I'm here for but I  keep waking up with this biological urge to not die✨

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: skrimplet]
    #29673391 -

I'm going real light like close to water still trying to find the ratios I have oats.

edit: Found the recipe thread for agar in case you had different materials.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/28959224

A lot of people stress going light on the nutrients my contamination has been bad so going really light. Going to pour like 10 plates I guess, inoculate like 2 and maybe use the other 8 for a transfer? If I need more transfers I just make another batch? I'll try to get some agar pics for sectors.

Edited by tultedspoon (09/19/26 10:36 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: skrimplet]
    #29673433 -

skrimplet said:
Whats with pans and casing? I see that casing us essentially obsolete when it comes to cubes, and I dont really understand them... all that talk about ph and all those extra ingredients.... Is it really necessary?

Also, what the hell is overlay? The only info I found in it was an argument about what it was. Any resources woukd be greatly appreciated, especially about the casing thing.

I'm soing agar tonight too! well, pouring plates. I got the juice to be close to baja blast blue so im excited



Casing has the purpose of keeping the surface moist and contam free while pins begin to mature, im sure the folks in the Pan thread can shed more light on your question

Edited by langten69 (09/19/26 10:34 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: tultedspoon] * 2
    #29673453 -

tultedspoon said:
I'm doing agar tonight I decided to go back to spores instead of attempting to clone just to eliminate issues. Had a lot of crap come up and I lost most of my notes so trying to research everything again so please forgive.

Going to transfer at least once but I'll gauge on contamination.

I struggled with jars and I'm thinking a monotub will give me some error. I'm going to try with just whole rice grains for seeds in PF tek that way I can shake. I got the big roll of foil I'm going to wrap over the top of my pot to keep steam from escaping and I'm gonna leave my jars cracked as it cycles. I'm thinking I may open the jars up after and mix up everything and then do a 2nd cycle. The mycelium does not do well with cakes, not sure if its overlay or or something like mycogone because with research I always had a lot of those yellow/amber drops that ooze out and I'm seeing thats character of mycogone.

I'm starting to see the benefit of not full sterilization on a peat moss and verm combo.

The more clean agar I use the better right? I should put as much as I can in my grain jars? as long as my transfer was sectored?



Still trying? Get a PC , a Flowood , order some normal spores


--------------------
It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn
I'm tired do me a favor

I'M A MEMBER FIRST, TC WHEN NEEDED AND MOD WHEN I HAVE TO BE !!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: tultedspoon]
    #29673460 -

tultedspoon said:
I'm going real light like close to water still trying to find the ratios I have oats.

edit: Found the recipe thread for agar in case you had different materials.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/28959224

A lot of people stress going light on the nutrients my contamination has been bad so going really light. Going to pour like 10 plates I guess, inoculate like 2 and maybe use the other 8 for a transfer? If I need more transfers I just make another batch? I'll try to get some agar pics for sectors.



i poured 30 plates. the first 25 plates I poured only a few at a time and regretted it so bad. mostly because i have to pour them at night when my daughter sleeps and if she wakes up then my agar gets too cool to pour.... and the bottle is too tall for my microwave so I have to manually rotate it in there.

i did 0.5% brf because thats what was recommended to me by someone who sent me some pan prints. they said they use the same strength for cubes and pans so i said fuck it


--------------------
idrk how I got here or what I'm here for but I  keep waking up with this biological urge to not die✨

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: skrimplet] * 2
    #29673465 -

If your contam rates are bad the nute level isn't your issue, sterile is sterile , u could have pure brf and water and still clean cultures up


--------------------
It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn
I'm tired do me a favor

I'M A MEMBER FIRST, TC WHEN NEEDED AND MOD WHEN I HAVE TO BE !!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: tultedspoon] * 2
    #29673475 -

:trollz:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: cronicr]
    #29673477 -

Hey cronicr I took a big break after those jars failed but I finally have a little time again so trying to start clean with agar idk why i was so scared. Getting out my burner now I'll try to get some pics when it webs the panaeouls thread wasnt workin for me theres nowhere to post a reply

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Nichrome] * 3
    #29673622 -

im tired of all this grain prepping and oats chewing..

DO THE PF TEK OR ILL GO CRAZY..


--------------------
The PF Tek is my area.:oldman:

Where all anonymity is lost, there cannot exist a person.

Where one cannot avoid to share, there is God

www.zamnesia.nl
RustyWhyte is Commercial!



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Nichrome]
    #29673681 -

when ezdialing tubs, what tape do you use? i don't have micropore on hand, would masking tape do the job, or would that increase risk of contam?


--------------------
I wish you bountiful fruits and godspeed :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Mashedpotatoes] * 1
    #29673691 -

Mashedpotatoes said:
when ezdialing tubs, what tape do you use? i don't have micropore on hand, would masking tape do the job, or would that increase risk of contam?



I have been using masking tape because it's easy to remove without leaving any glue behind on the tub.


--------------------
β€œAll Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Mashedpotatoes] * 2
    #29673697 -

You can skip micropore tape entirely and you shouldn't run into any major issues. Once the mycelium is established, it defends itself pretty well. It's what I'm doing with most of my fruiting chambers β€” unless you want to use it to adjust the FAE.

I only cover the holes in water tubs, because I have 6 in the lid (and they're large), and on the lids of the Pucks, but I don't use micropore tape β€” I have a roll of Mefix MΓΆlnlycke hypoallergenic surgical tape that works pretty well for me (and comes out really cheap).



Hugs :heart:


--------------------
"Little shark in da bathtub"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Belintaf] * 1
    #29673711 -

Thank you both for great answers :sunny:


--------------------
I wish you bountiful fruits and godspeed :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Mashedpotatoes] * 2
    #29673719 -

thank yourself for not not listenong..........

Arghhh..im going crazy..


--------------------
The PF Tek is my area.:oldman:

Where all anonymity is lost, there cannot exist a person.

Where one cannot avoid to share, there is God

www.zamnesia.nl
RustyWhyte is Commercial!



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: tultedspoon] * 3
    #29673721 -

tultedspoon said:
I'm doing agar tonight I decided to go back to spores instead of attempting to clone just to eliminate issues. Had a lot of crap come up and I lost most of my notes so trying to research everything again so please forgive.

Going to transfer at least once but I'll gauge on contamination.

I struggled with jars and I'm thinking a monotub will give me some error. I'm going to try with just whole rice grains for seeds in PF tek that way I can shake. I got the big roll of foil I'm going to wrap over the top of my pot to keep steam from escaping and I'm gonna leave my jars cracked as it cycles. I'm thinking I may open the jars up after and mix up everything and then do a 2nd cycle. The mycelium does not do well with cakes, not sure if its overlay or or something like mycogone because with research I always had a lot of those yellow/amber drops that ooze out and I'm seeing thats character of mycogone.

I'm starting to see the benefit of not full sterilization on a peat moss and verm combo.

The more clean agar I use the better right? I should put as much as I can in my grain jars? as long as my transfer was sectored?



It’s crazy cause the more I read this, the worse it all sounds.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Pastywhyte] * 2
    #29673729 -

now im better..superb...

:smile:


--------------------
The PF Tek is my area.:oldman:

Where all anonymity is lost, there cannot exist a person.

Where one cannot avoid to share, there is God

www.zamnesia.nl
RustyWhyte is Commercial!



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Pastywhyte] * 1
    #29673732 -

It's a troll. Look up some of his previous posts


--------------------
I've got skills, they don't know where to use me
I'm like the best dressed guy at the nude beach
Nice to meet you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Cakewonder] * 1
    #29673736 -

Cakewonder said:
now im better..superb...

:smile:



Glad you're not going crazy cakewonder, wish you good health :sunny:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: PuffM4gicDr4gon] * 1
    #29673784 -

why on gods green earth would anyone troll a mushroom cultivation site.... especially by just talking about cultivating mushrooms?? like they didnt even come in here and start spreading misinformation (🐬🌈✨) or be racist or anything


--------------------
idrk how I got here or what I'm here for but I  keep waking up with this biological urge to not die✨

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 3974 | 3975 | 3976 | 3977 | 3978 | 3979 | 3980 | 3981 | 3982 | 3983 | 3984 | 3985 | 3986 | 3987 | 3988 | 3989 | 3990 | 3991 | 3992 | 3993 | 3994 | | Last >

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* quick question, finished colonizing? usefulidiot 1,848 1 04/06/03 04:31 PM
by kindkesey
* Quick Question grateful_head 1,233 2 08/18/01 01:40 PM
by Billyblastoff
* New to the boards, and a quick question to start ! Anonymous 1,825 4 03/11/02 01:18 AM
by 2shrewmen
* A few quick questions Pickle 744 4 06/29/03 01:21 AM
by shirley knott
* Quick Question - Need Help Quick dEk1 1,252 11 05/10/03 09:12 AM
by Wizzang
* some quick questions about my treasure coasts alf 3,840 19 11/15/01 11:54 PM
by Anonymous
* Quick Question needs quick answer Wheedhead! 1,176 2 01/19/03 07:06 AM
by Wheedhead!
* quick question SuppaFly 1,039 1 09/18/02 02:41 PM
by mickey_rourke

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,155,435 topic views. 8 members, 79 guests and 173 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.071 seconds spending 0.046 seconds on 16 queries.