Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Transgenetic Expression : Getting Nonactive Mycelium to Become Active Producers [Re: tbone8352]
    #29671753 -

All these comments lead me to this idea...

An organism/culture that produces both THC & Psilocybin (or *insert your chosen conpound here*)

Reading all these articles and papers about people doing experiements have made one thing very clear to me

Cultures of different morphology/function simply have no problem in cohabiting with one another

So this gives a lot of freedom to the individual cultivator what sort of cultures they choose to let comingle

Me personally, this leads me to think that one can make a superplant/superculture that is the "best of both worlds" or however many worlds the individual cultivator chooses to put together

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Transgenetic Expression : Getting Nonactive Mycelium to Become Active Producers [Re: langten69]
    #29671873 -

There is no harm in experimenting! When it comes to plants and fungi, they already have a very complex relationship. There actually is some natural horizontal gene transfer between some symbiote fungi and their partner plants, and even with some parasitic fungi.

I bet that would actually be a greater avenue for success then some kind of hybrid project. You still run into the problem of needing the fungus to produce psilocybin in such a way, that it's possible for the plant to make it with the same genes.

But, lichens do exist and many of the are composites of fungi, algae, and yeasts/bacteria.

I would be very interested to see someone try to force a composite organism, one being a psilocybin mushroom, the other a algae or cyanobacteria. Unlikely to work, but would be fun to try.


--------------------
"You develop an instant global consciousness, a people orientation, an intense dissatisfaction with the state of the world, and a compulsion to do something about it. From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, 'Look at that, you son of a bitch.'"

โ€” Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 astronaut

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Transgenetic Expression : Getting Nonactive Mycelium to Become Active Producers [Re: tbone8352]
    #29671952 -

Makes sense enough to me.  Cooperation is a highly advantageous evolutionary strategy, after all.  Get em to work together toward a common goal (survival and/or fucking) and everyone benefits.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Transgenetic Expression : Getting Nonactive Mycelium to Become Active Producers [Re: DorkWithTheHair]
    #29672297 -

Quote:
I would be very interested to see someone try to force a composite organism, one being a psilocybin mushroom, the other a algae or cyanobacteria. Unlikely to work, but would be fun to try.




Creating composites is basically the natural role of mycorrhizal mushrooms, creating conditional alliances when closely living together. The two species will never become just one species, but might be growing together so closely as to make the distinction moot.

For example truffles are composite organisms as I discuss here, they have living within them several bacterias and yeasts especially in the outer rind, these are for the most part beneficial to it, and help it produce its notorious scent. I learned recently they actually have Trichoderma living in them as a passenger, and when truffles decay they release Trich into the soil - it probably helps them have a footing into plants, the mold spores are covered in truffle spores, so when the mold spore invades the plant the truffle comes with it. And both being symbiotic to plants, work together. Both of my Tuber plates got taken over by Trichoderma and it came from the fruit body itself, but in one plate the Tuber mycelium is  growing back over the Trichoderma. I will be able to get a culture from a part of it, with the next transfers I think I can make it so Trichoderma no longer appears or sporulates on the plate (though it would still exist as a passenger).

If one wanted to co-culture, it might get given a big headstart through the culture of a mycorrhizal mushroom. Imagine the inoculation of two mushrooms and Tuber Melanosporum, or a mushroom and an algae and Tuber Melanosporum. The Tuber might act like a mediator that can reduce each individual species' hatred of each other, essentially. The others might recognize as 'self' rather than 'not self'.

This is just a theory, and I haven't tested co-culture of multiple fungi with truffles. But when I inoculated live soil with Tuber, it was more likely to develop algaes, mosses and other mushrooms, compared to uninoculated soil. In a controlled manner, you could get a Tuber pure culture and then inoculate exactly the partner species you want.

If I can isolate the Tuber Aestivum from the Trichoderma I'll do a giveaway sometime soon after a few transfers, to anyone who would be willing to experiment in a manner like this or who would just have any use of it at all.

Edited by CreonAntigone (09/18/26 04:20 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Transgenetic Expression : Getting Nonactive Mycelium to Become Active Producers [Re: CreonAntigone]
    #29672304 -

Understood, I meant more like a lichen a true composite.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Transgenetic Expression : Getting Nonactive Mycelium to Become Active Producers [Re: langten69]
    #29673396 -

langten69 said:
As far as the plasmids go, i need more research on them. I do recall hearing cultivators using snake venom as a plasmid to break down the barriers of two different cultures which resulted in a cross between the two...



Ok so apparently the OG RR was the one who used rattlesnake venom to create a hybrid

I saw a post where tbone8352 says he did it  Here

I am currently looking for the original RR post...

EDIT:I believe This is it

EDIT: I also believe This thread (The Concept of Individual in Mycelium) is quite pertinent when it comes to transgenetic expression

Edited by langten69 (09/19/26 10:16 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Transgenetic Expression : Getting Nonactive Mycelium to Become Active Producers [Re: langten69]
    #29673401 -

It was a good read if u find it post the link I wouldn't mind reading against I don't gotta search through my 1000s of ss,a of information related to mycology :blah:


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Transgenetic Expression : Getting Nonactive Mycelium to Become Active Producers [Re: bloodssonnew]
    #29673409 -

bloodssonnew said:
It was a good read if u find it post the link I wouldn't mind reading against I don't gotta search through my 1000s of ss,a of information related to mycology :blah:



Check my edited comment above

Edited by langten69 (09/19/26 10:13 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Transgenetic Expression : Getting Nonactive Mycelium to Become Active Producers [Re: langten69]
    #29674107 -

langten69 said:
langten69 said:
As far as the plasmids go, i need more research on them. I do recall hearing cultivators using snake venom as a plasmid to break down the barriers of two different cultures which resulted in a cross between the two...



Ok so apparently the OG RR was the one who used rattlesnake venom to create a hybrid

I saw a post where tbone8352 says he did it  Here

I am currently looking for the original RR post...

EDIT:I believe This is it

EDIT: I also believe This thread (The Concept of Individual in Mycelium) is quite pertinent when it comes to transgenetic expression



Good find! I counldn't find it for the life of me! It's been over 10 years since I saw that thread.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Transgenetic Expression : Getting Nonactive Mycelium to Become Active Producers [Re: tbone8352]
    #29674993 -

Following this thread :takingnotes:

I did recently pick up a pocket q-PCR that I'm still working on assay development with. Not sure how robust the system is, but it sure as hell is the only qPCR machine I can afford (~600 usd). I hope to be playing a little bit of mad scientist in the future with transfecting mycelium :mushroom2:

On a positive note I was able to get signal for my PsiK primers in sample 5, on a negative note I did also get signal for my 16S bacterial primers :poop: in sample 6. Everything else seemed to fail, but at least my no sample and no primer controls failed as expected.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Transgenetic Expression : Getting Nonactive Mycelium to Become Active Producers [Re: Zef]
    #29675579 -

Could you share the link of where you picked up your device...I shall like to join you in the quest of being a mad scientist (minus the mad part)

Im looking to get my results and attribute some concrete numbers along with very decriptive words to elucidate my process/progress to the community

Thx

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Transgenetic Expression : Getting Nonactive Mycelium to Become Active Producers [Re: langten69]
    #29677172 -

Yep I got it from here: https://gaudishop.ch/index.php/product-category/pocketpcr/

There are some limitations, it can only run 8 samples at a time - and it can only use the sybr green channel (so one channel per sample). I do want to generate some more reliable data before I strongly recommend it.

If you're handy and have a 3d printer, you might be able to make one yourself for cheaper using the info here: https://github.com/GaudiLabs/qPocketPCR

I'm currently trying to make a low cost qubit alternative from 3d printing as well, you might be interested. This allows you to quantitate the amount of DNA in a sample - which is useful if you intend to try to compare gene copy levels between samples with qPCR. It has great linearity with the qubit system from thermofisher, but doesn't cost 2 grand!

DIYNAFLUOR: https://github.com/traulab/DIYNAFLUOR
https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2024.12.16.626200v1

Ultimately I want to try and measure gene load of psilocybin, perform contamination detection, and maybe one day with the time and resources try and do some gene editing stuff.

Edited by Zef (09/24/26 09:30 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Eating Azure mycelium: The results.
( 1 2 all )
Baby_Hitler 5,422 32 08/15/03 11:26 PM
by DanKnugget
* Better Mycelium syringes Ivan 1,849 7 10/26/03 04:09 PM
by micro
* Honey mycelium... wikedanjel 3,087 8 07/30/02 09:05 AM
by CaliChronic
* The Psilocybin Producer's Guide tek questions SuppaFly 2,101 9 09/22/02 08:08 AM
by TripsAreForKids
* Tasmanian not producing psilicybin?
( 1 2 all )
bloo_sunshine 4,216 33 06/07/09 08:54 AM
by RogerRabbit
* AHH! possible mono-nuclear mycelium cloned! growin 1,760 5 01/10/03 02:45 PM
by deanofmean
* Re: mycelium and H2O2 darkangel932 1,745 5 05/01/01 11:27 PM
by sylo
* Mycelium & Genetic Exchange Gawain 3,516 13 10/23/02 09:42 PM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: RogerRabbit, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta
329 topic views. 1 members, 5 guests and 13 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 15 queries.