Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 3972 | 3973 | 3974 | 3975 | 3976 | 3977 | 3978 | 3979 | 3980 | 3981 | 3982 | 3983 | 3984 | 3985 | 3986 | 3987 | 3988 | 3989 | 3990 | 3991 | 3992 | | Last >
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: CreonAntigone]
    #29672713 -



What do y’all think of the cleanliness of this spawn?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: CreonAntigone]
    #29672715 -

CreonAntigone said:
langten69 said:
Even though i have the money to buy mason jars, i have 3_27gallon totes full of (salsa/sauce/misc.) Jars that I saved for mycology purposes...its like free containers bru, and yeah, slightly unscrewing the lids a bit works perfectly. I like modifying the lids with a filter patch and sometimes a self healing injection port for LC



Only annoying thing is removing the glue when cleaning them. But I figured out from google there's a method involving baking soda and cooking oil that gets the label glue clean off.



I just pour really hot water in the jar and the glue kinda just melts and then its easy to pull the label off

Edited by langten69 (09/19/26 05:33 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: DJHogan] * 3
    #29672801 -

DJHogan said:


What do y’all think of the cleanliness of this spawn?



Looks aggressive. Those few grains without white on them at the top concern me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: DV8DUG]
    #29672961 -

Fellas, is it gay to think this fucked up discard of an a2g jar might actually be promising? What the hell do I do with this? It was just an experiment and I dont have the supplies to do a real run....







also thx everybody for answering my question abt the journals


--------------------
idrk how I got here or what I'm here for but I  keep waking up with this biological urge to not die✨

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: skrimplet] * 1
    #29673017 -

Dawg toss that shit. She gone.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: tossed_salad]
    #29673027 -

tossed_salad said:
Dawg toss that shit. She gone.



:whathesaid:

Username checks out :lol:


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: tossed_salad] * 1
    #29673034 -

tossed_salad said:
Dawg toss that shit. She gone.



why say as much? the jar is crusty because when jt was still moist after PC'ing i shook the ever living hell out of it cos my agar got stuck to the lid. so its all covered in oat guts, but its dry in there. Im not gonna throw it out, because I wanna see what happens. But noted, it IS gay to think its promising, and I will not try to spawn it to bulk.... probably .....but maybe for science


--------------------
idrk how I got here or what I'm here for but I  keep waking up with this biological urge to not die✨

Edited by skrimplet (09/19/26 03:03 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: skrimplet] * 1
    #29673041 -

skrimplet said:
tossed_salad said:
Dawg toss that shit. She gone.



why say as much? the jar is crusty because when jt was still moist after PC'ing i shook the ever living hell out of it cos my agar got stuck to the lid. Im not gonna throw it out, because I wanna see what happens. But noted, it IS gay to think its promising, and I will not try to spawn it to bulk.... probably .....but maybe for science



If you don't need the jar right now, nothing wrong with keeping it around as a learning experience :rockon:


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: skrimplet] * 2
    #29673042 -

So it looked like that after the shake?  I’ve had grain starch on the sides of jars before.  If that is just grain starch, keep er around and see what it does

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: fahtster]
    #29673045 -

I was thinking the grain might not have been rinsed thoroughly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: DV8DUG] * 1
    #29673063 -

fahtster said:
So it looked like that after the shake?  I’ve had grain starch on the sides of jars before.  If that is just grain starch, keep er around and see what it does



Yes thats how it looked after i shook it like a misbehaving newborn

DV8DUG said:
I was thinking the grain might not have been rinsed thoroughly.



..... rinsed? i was supposed to rinse it....?


--------------------
idrk how I got here or what I'm here for but I  keep waking up with this biological urge to not die✨

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: skrimplet] * 2
    #29673074 -

I wash my grain with soap and hot water before cooking, then rinse with cold water after cooking to get starch off the surface.


--------------------
A Love Letter to New Growers
The 7 Edicts of Mushroom Cultivation as Decreed by Smellyhobbit

:kodama:


Anyone can get a canopy. But can you get what you want?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Smellyhobbit]
    #29673075 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: skrimplet]
    #29673077 -

skrimplet said:
tossed_salad said:
Dawg toss that shit. She gone.



why say as much? the jar is crusty because when jt was still moist after PC'ing i shook the ever living hell out of it cos my agar got stuck to the lid. so its all covered in oat guts, but its dry in there. Im not gonna throw it out, because I wanna see what happens. But noted, it IS gay to think its promising, and I will not try to spawn it to bulk.... probably .....but maybe for science



:rofl:

I love science

Ive had successes without rinsing the starch off,  however it is good practice to wash the starch off

Edited by langten69 (09/19/26 04:07 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: DV8DUG]
    #29673080 -

Smellyhobbit said:
I wash my grain with soap and hot water before cooking, then rinse with cold water after cooking to get starch off the surface.



:nodofunderstanding:

DV8DUG said:






--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Kloakk] * 1
    #29673084 -

Kloakk said:
Smellyhobbit said:
I wash my grain with soap and hot water before cooking, then rinse with cold water after cooking to get starch off the surface.



:nodofunderstanding:

DV8DUG said:








I also use a toilet brush( new for this purpose alone) to stir/scrub  the grain in the bucket along with dish soap. Rinse using grain bags until it stops bubbling from soap and when water runs clear. Worst part of the job as far as I'm concerned. Oats are the dirty grain.

I also believe PC'ing is more effective when you aren't sterilizing grass hopper legs, droppings, dust and dirt.

Edited by DV8DUG (09/19/26 04:22 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: DV8DUG]
    #29673091 -

DV8DUG said:
I also use a toilet brush to stir/scrub  the grain in the bucket along with dish soap. Rinse until it stops bubbling from soap and when water runs clear. Worst part of the job as far as I'm concerned. Oats are the dirty grain.



I like to use my hands and has stopped using soap, but I also stopped using oats. My bag of wheat comes ready to to use in a hefeweizen, so I imagine rinsing before and after boil will suffice :rockon:

Worst part of grain prep(which is a me problem) is removing as many burst and underdeveloped grains as possible while they're drying :lol:


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Kloakk] * 1
    #29673095 -

I dry on the floor next to my futon and pick the shit outta it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: DV8DUG]
    #29673101 -

DV8DUG said:
I dry on the floor next to my futon and pick the shit outta it.



Really? I thought it was my disorder telling me to do it, and yo, you got a Japanese bed :eek:


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Smellyhobbit] * 1
    #29673102 -

Smellyhobbit said:
I wash my grain with soap and hot water before cooking, then rinse with cold water after cooking to get starch off the surface.



I think you’ll get more starch off if you start with hot water after the cook and then switch to cold to stop the grains from cooking.  Immediate cold water makes the starch congeal onto the grain surface.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 3972 | 3973 | 3974 | 3975 | 3976 | 3977 | 3978 | 3979 | 3980 | 3981 | 3982 | 3983 | 3984 | 3985 | 3986 | 3987 | 3988 | 3989 | 3990 | 3991 | 3992 | | Last >

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* quick question, finished colonizing? usefulidiot 1,852 1 04/06/03 04:31 PM
by kindkesey
* Quick Question grateful_head 1,238 2 08/18/01 01:40 PM
by Billyblastoff
* New to the boards, and a quick question to start ! Anonymous 1,829 4 03/11/02 01:18 AM
by 2shrewmen
* some quick questions about my treasure coasts alf 3,849 19 11/15/01 11:54 PM
by Anonymous
* Quick Question needs quick answer Wheedhead! 1,180 2 01/19/03 07:06 AM
by Wheedhead!
* quick question SuppaFly 1,044 1 09/18/02 02:41 PM
by mickey_rourke
* Re: Quick Question
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,542 22 06/14/00 03:46 AM
by hitterg
* Quick Question LXTC 1,806 11 09/24/02 08:09 PM
by LXTC

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,159,987 topic views. 14 members, 61 guests and 92 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.077 seconds spending 0.053 seconds on 16 queries.