Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 2105 | 2106 | 2107 | 2108 | 2109 | 2110 | 2111 | 2112 | 2113 | 2114 | 2115 | 2116 | 2117 | 2118 | 2119 | 2120 | 2121 | 2122 | 2123 | 2124 | 2125 | | Last >
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: ReverendMyc]
    #29613682 -

ReverendMyc said:
Anomalocaris said:
I decided to recase it. I added a very thin casing layer ( all the pasteurised casing I had left)



Im using ez dial monotub with a few extra holes. I opened up a couple extra holes now. I also have a fan in the room not pointing at the tub running on low for 3 minutes every hour just to have some more fae.

You think its gonna be enough? I can also increase how long the fan stays on but im worried it will dry the tub



Just to add some data points. I grow them in tubs with more holes. Takes some dialing in for your setting but it can be done without foggers and fans. Maybe not as well as a dreamer, tent or other more complex set ups, but doable.

***********************************************


Pan Cyan Bunnell
trays 1988 1989 from jars 1936 1937 2nd gen clone
1pt spawn 3pt compressed hpoo/coir 1/2 pt top layer
Spawned 2024-06-14.
Filter stickers on inside of all holes except 2 top center short side at spawn.

Day 3


Day 4

Cased

Day 6

Pins!

Day 7


Day 11

Small caps on an even pin set, if a bit sparse. Opened a couple of low middle holes on the long sides in hopes of improving the cap size for prints. Likely too late to help with this flush. They also did not get any misting for the last three days due to traveling.

Day 13

Harvest 1. Small caps.

Day 19

Harvest 2 with larger caps for printing.

Day 20

Heading for flush three.

Day 25

One tray got the green. I left the house at 80f for several days which didn't help. I think the unusual expression was caused by the contam but was interesting enough for a bunch of pictures. Composted the green tray and will keep an eye on the other.

Day 28

Flush 4 inbound.

Day 30

When I returned they looked ready to print so I obliged them.

Dark after 12 hours so started another round.



*********************************

Pan Cambo Komodo
trays 1990 1991 from jars 1940 1941 2nd gen clone
1pt spawn 3pt compressed hpoo/coir 1/2 pt top layer
Spawned 2024-06-14.
Filter stickers on inside of all holes except 2 top center short side at spawn

Day 3


Day 4

Cased

Day 6

Pins!

Day 7


Day 11

Liking this pin set. Would be happier with larger caps. Opened middle low holes on the long sides. No misting for the last three days due to travel. Also wondering about the exploding stipes.

Day 13

1st flush harvest.

Day 19

2nd flush harvest with better caps for printing.


Day 20

Heading for 3rd.

Day 25

Left the house thermostat on 80f while traveling and came back to some stressed fruits. Harvested, misted and sent back to work.



why are there cubes growing in your pan tray?


--------------------
Question everything, it's very responsive.

culture storage

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Nichrome] * 1
    #29613698 -

Right?

Pretty sure it had something to do with the green stuff around their feet. I guess some mushrooms don't like moss. Cause that is what the green stuff is, right?
:rofl2:


--------------------
Stoned Gummys | BRF Pucks | Primo Reusable Plates | Easy LI 4 Preserv & Propo
"Psychedelics are powerful substances. Nothing that powerful is completely safe... and nothing completely safe is that powerful!" - Abigail Calder at ALPS 2023
Don't Panic

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: ReverendMyc] * 4
    #29613718 -


Them need a bit more fresh air, sorry for annoying but those holes covered by filters doesn’t allow let air in

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Noah Keeper] * 2
    #29613729 -

That is true. It is not the best method. But it is functional in a desert environment with rh between 5 and 25% for most of the year and requires no pumps, foggers, fans, timers or electricity and noise at all.

I uncover as many holes as I can after pins form while preventing them from drying too fast. That takes some fiddling and changes depending on how many days I am around to mist. Gone for three days to a week, less uncovered holes and more fuzzy feet with small caps. Staying home and babysitting them all day every day, more holes open, more misting and possibly even a ceiling fan on in the room. That usually leads to larger caps and spore prints.

Not saying this is the method for others. Just that it is a viable low tech option if it fits the parameters you are stuck with.


--------------------
Stoned Gummys | BRF Pucks | Primo Reusable Plates | Easy LI 4 Preserv & Propo
"Psychedelics are powerful substances. Nothing that powerful is completely safe... and nothing completely safe is that powerful!" - Abigail Calder at ALPS 2023
Don't Panic

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: ReverendMyc] * 2
    #29613819 -

That method is pretty good, but it requires some fine-tuning. I use a similar setup, but my mushroom tray is slightly raised above the water and the water is heated. The holes are really large, but it can still maintain an RH of 85–90%. and I do misting them manually

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Noah Keeper] * 6
    #29613828 -



TTBVI

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: gulis] * 5
    #29613836 -


MIB

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: gulis]
    #29613898 -

:rockon:


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono 😎

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: bloodssonnew] * 5
    #29613968 -




TTBVI

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Noah Keeper] * 3
    #29614015 -

SFDs can also keep gnats out.

And bisporus does well in low tek setups.  Likely everything does aside from cyanescens.  But I haven't grown true trops, mexicanus, or axfordii.

This is the inside of a five gallon bucket.



This is the lid.



--------------------
And if I only could
I'd make a deal with God
And I'd get him to swap our places
I'd be running up that road
Be running up that hill
With no problems

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: chewinggum]
    #29614035 -

chewinggum said:
Mackload said:
chewinggum said:
I recently got a sample of these free from a provider. I came here asking the basics first:

1) Does the substrate have to contain manure?
2) If yes, how much?
3) Is everything else the same in terms of cultivation (inoculation, transfer to monotub, etc)?



link



Much appreciated!

I made this small jar (PF tek style) a month ago which is basically a typical CV substrate but with around 10-20% manure (store bought dried manure bovine bellets).



The mycelium is taking its time to grow, it's been over a month and this is the progress it's made, although it still grows day by day. Any ideas on what to do? Shall I just continue being patient?



Anyone? :frown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: chewinggum]
    #29614038 -

It's probably not a good sign if it's taking that long.

I haven't done Pans in PF Tek yet, but grains colonize in 5-15 days. I would imagine a healthy PF Tek running Pans would be close to the same amount of time.


--------------------
I've got skills, they don't know where to use me
I'm like the best dressed guy at the nude beach
Nice to meet you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: tree frog] * 6
    #29614056 -

True🤝 I had last Bisporus grow in a 4ltr food container with plastic self made tent same size as container and 20 cm tall them were healthy, but not cyans definitely

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Noah Keeper]
    #29614069 -

I got a pew pins popping but the cap seems a bit blue. What does it mean usually?





--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Anomalocaris]
    #29614090 -


Sometimes it’s just natural appearance

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Noah Keeper]
    #29614094 -

I see. Could be yea. My tub had a ton of problems early on so Im just expecting more problems


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Anomalocaris] * 5
    #29614167 -



TTBVI

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: gulis] * 3
    #29614454 -

That's what I'm talking about. TTBVI. Really happy with the size, this is what I am after.



Unfortunately, there was only a handful of fruits this size so there is still work to be done.

The unmodified shoebox is still doing fairly well, so there's another data point to add for tubs. The entire surface fruited, just not at the same time.







Quick question for you experts and non color blind folks. In the pic below, the tiny white / blueish spots are just knots right? Or is this trich starting? It looks a little funny to me, mainly the spots where it looks like the knots are coming together in an amorphous blobby mass, however, when I follow these spots around the substrate I see places where they are clearly turning into tiny pins.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: PuffM4gicDr4gon]
    #29614484 -

PuffM4gicDr4gon said:
It's probably not a good sign if it's taking that long.

I haven't done Pans in PF Tek yet, but grains colonize in 5-15 days. I would imagine a healthy PF Tek running Pans would be close to the same amount of time.



I think you’re wrong… I have pan cakes that are just about done, but took 2 1/2 months to get there.  They look healthy just slow.  I’ll let you know if they smell like an old lady’s crotch when I open them.  With pics.


--------------------

Edited by SawCeeJack (06/30/26 10:14 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: SawCeeJack] * 3
    #29614629 -



A tray in my dreamers started pinning. Hopefully it doesnt abort!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 2105 | 2106 | 2107 | 2108 | 2109 | 2110 | 2111 | 2112 | 2113 | 2114 | 2115 | 2116 | 2117 | 2118 | 2119 | 2120 | 2121 | 2122 | 2123 | 2124 | 2125 | | Last >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 87 88 )
Hindsight 81,354 1,755 09/29/26 07:10 PM
by Noah Keeper
* Mycogone perniciosa treatment LearyTheory 3,874 3 08/31/11 01:29 AM
by LearyTheory
* mycogone perniciosa Hammerloaf 4,270 2 07/06/02 05:26 PM
by Hammerloaf
* Mycogone aka wet bubble! successfully fruited.
( 1 2 all )
oontribe 12,140 26 02/21/18 04:28 AM
by OriginalGinger
* Is this mycogone? Help id contam pls. Wormi 1,347 9 07/09/16 09:01 AM
by Wormi
* Mycogone, Stroma, White mold? or is this healthy?! DunkinGonads 1,720 9 08/31/16 05:53 PM
by DunkinGonads
* Is this mycogone and what have I done. tombosley8 2,110 1 05/21/16 12:33 AM
by Mad Season
* Mycogone perniciosa aka Wet Bubble Q deep_throat 1,996 15 01/04/15 12:44 AM
by psilocybeMAN

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,304,084 topic views. 12 members, 67 guests and 184 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.05 seconds spending 0.032 seconds on 16 queries.