Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Need to make an air pump filter...
    #3221532 -

The air I have going into my PMP isn't filter anybody got some quick DIY filter methods?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need to make an air pump filter... [Re: kronnyQ]
    #3221548 -

I think it'd be cheaper to buy a line filter than to try to make 1. But I suppose you can use some fine filter papers and wrap it around your pump.

Sam


--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need to make an air pump filter... [Re: Sam1912]
    #3221564 -

I read somewhere something about being able to filter the air through water with lime in it, anybody know anything about this? If not I guess I just wrap my pump in Tyvek :tongue:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need to make an air pump filter... [Re: kronnyQ]
    #3221656 -

Put it in a strerile shoebox with 2 holes; 1 for the hose out, and one for the power cord. Fill the shoebox with polyfil. The two holes will allow air in, and the polyfil will act to filter the incoming air.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need to make an air pump filter... [Re: Twister]
    #3221660 -

Good suggestion. Five shrooms for you. Even better would be to make it a tupper ware container. If it isnt air tight then just put some weather stripping around the seal. I think if you applied twisters idea with the tupperware part, youd be sitting pretty.


--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

  Edward Abbey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need to make an air pump filter... [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #3226471 -

Ah great idea guys, I think i will do something that is kinda a combination of both...I will drill some holes in a container and tape Tyvek over the holes. Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need to make an air pump filter... [Re: kronnyQ]
    #3226841 -

I just leave the lid off and fill it with polyfil. Helps to eliminate what little noise there is as well.

Another simple inline filter..take a empty film canister (the little black ones) and put a hole in top and in the bottom for your hoses to fit in. Fill with polyfil then stick it inline between the pump and chamber. Takes up less space then putting the pump in a box.


--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need to make an air pump filter... [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3226874 -

Be careful and make sure your pump recieves adequate air flow, or you will burn it up in no time flat. The polyfill ideas are probably better than Tyvek. Tyvek is good for allowing some passive gas exchange, but have you ever tried to blow through it? The puny diaphragm air pumps would have very little luck unless you had it in a huge box of Tyvek(more surface area = more air flow).

Anymore ideas are welcome, as I haven't figured out how I will deal with this either.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need to make an air pump filter... [Re: discman1]
    #3227173 -

I agree with the tyvek thing.

IMO Either of those ideas would be best. If you want to cover it and reduce noise, fill a box with polyfil and leave the lid off (this gives it lots of air flow, believe me) or if you want a small inline filter make one simply taking a film canister (any sort of small canister would work, a 20 ounce bottle, whatever) and fill it with polyfill and cut your line between the pump and the chamber and stick it in there.


--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need to make an air pump filter... [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3231769 -

Ok where the heck do you get polyfill

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need to make an air pump filter... [Re: kronnyQ]
    #3231779 -

kronnyQ said:
Ok where the heck do you get polyfill



WalMart--its used to fill pillows :thumbup: :mushroom2:


--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.


:sun:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need to make an air pump filter... [Re: kronnyQ]
    #3231903 -

kronnyQ said:
I read somewhere something about being able to filter the air through water with lime in it, anybody know anything about this? If not I guess I just wrap my pump in Tyvek :tongue:



bubbling through lime will absorb the co2 but i dont think it would be quite as effective filter wise as a homemade hepa box.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need to make an air pump filter... [Re: MushBus]
    #3237375 -

I'm going to use a HEPA vacuum cleaner bag for my air pump filter. I think it should work pretty well.

Cut a slit in it, so you can stick it in, put it inside and then tape up where the lines/cord come out.

:thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need to make an air pump filter... [Re: discman1]
    #3237391 -

Here ya go:



--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need to make an air pump filter... [Re: hyphae]
    #29612197 -

is the goal to filter both incoming and outgoing?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need to make an air pump filter... [Re: q3wex64r75ctv8y9gu]
    #29612200 -

You’re posting in a 21 year old thread to a member who hasn’t posted in 15 years.
You’ll see this above older threads;
:alert:Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.

Edit: added more info.

Edited by The Tao (06/27/26 10:30 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Polyfill, tyvek or filter discs? Cubieman420 5,513 18 08/23/05 12:57 AM
by Cubieman420
* Polyfill/Tyvek question Land_Crab 972 1 08/28/05 01:24 AM
by FungusMan
* Polyfill vs coffee filters vs tyvek envelopes MadHatR 3,025 8 11/30/03 09:29 AM
by diacamomo
* Polyfill/tyvek alternatives. PDU 2,233 5 07/29/23 12:24 PM
by Screwup
* Urgent Air pump question
( 1 2 all )
Clozedeyez20 1,967 21 03/17/05 01:38 PM
by dr0mni
* TIT revisited:Tyvek, gas, humidity, other odds and ends Mobius_Strip 4,218 19 07/27/05 07:03 PM
by FreedomFight
* Mushroom Drier and Fish Tank Air Pump that pumps clean air *pics* lordoftheshroomz 2,348 11 10/04/05 07:47 AM
by g0pher
* Do popcorn jars have to have a filter lid? ShroomyMcPot 872 6 06/02/04 05:17 PM
by mockeylock

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,590 topic views. 20 members, 58 guests and 131 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.