Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Billy Howerdel's closet Flag
I may have a problem.
    #2947534 - 07/31/04 04:56 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I think that I may flirt online to much. Is that a problem?
I love talking dirty online. I like to talk to lots of different people online. I think that maybe I take it to far sometimes. I think I may send out the wrong message to some of the wrong people.
Hmm, can somebody give me some advise on whether or not I should tone down the flirting or continue on.

***If you don't have anything nice to say about this topic I would appreciate it if you took your words to the OTD. That is all!

Thank You!

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineblu3
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Colorado
Re: I may have a problem. [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #2947635 - 07/31/04 07:13 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

well.. its online.. and you don't have to share any of your personal info with them or anything so I don't see anything wrong with this.
Plus its the internet and I'm sure whoever you're speaking too isn't to hurt because theres no real promises on the internet. and if you feel you may be sending out the "wrong message to the wrong people" well... fuck them.. espically if they are the wrong people... actually I don't really get waht you mean. how is the message wrong? are you just flirting and getting them horning or whatever??

actually who cares??? it's the internet I think everyone takes anything anyone says pertaining to sex, love and relationships via an internet only relationship with a grain of sand and if not they should.

I think people take the internet WAY to seriously sometimes. I mean, if you got them ready to cyber then decided you don't want to then turn off you're yahoo messenger and *poof* they are 100% gone.

I think you may be worried over nothing.

Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
    #2947785 - 07/31/04 08:28 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

The flirting with tasty smurf house is getting really old. If you don't like doing it then stop doing it, seems pretty simple to me. You seem like one of those people who needs certain types of attention but doesn't want to admit they need attention. Maybe I'm wrong but I consider this board for people with real problems, like relationship problems, diseases, addictions, grief etc.

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Re: I may have a problem. [Re: question_for_joo]
    #2947866 - 07/31/04 09:02 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Haha, Tasty and me talk off of this site. We just like to have fun while we're here.

I didn't say that I didn't like doing it. What i'm saying is that sometimes I flirt because it makes people feel good. Myself as well. When I say that I'm sending the wrong message, well some people will take it seriously and take it to other levels. Such as, I have someone sending me emails telling me things that just aren't real. They believe we had some strange connection and they become to interested and want more than what I'm willing to give.

I posted here for a reason. Not to f**k around. I will take any advise I can get, whether it's good or bad. I do flirt with alot of guys on the site. But it's all for fun. As far as me and Tasty are concerned. I don't care if others are tired of hearing about it. I'm having fun. Me and him are well....that's a different situation.

Thank you blu.
Your absolutely right about just turning it off and *poof* they're gone. It's just that they start sending me emails and they get kinda creepy.

I do like the attention. I won't deny that. But what I'm really doing is having fun. If I get alot of attention in the process, then that's just a bonus!

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
    #2947975 - 07/31/04 09:39 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Some people are flirty.Fine with that,i am shy but i have found out i enjoy it too sometimes.

Internet can take of inhibitions and flirting can be helped a great deal.I found that internet has sharpened my real life flirting skills.

Do you like it? Yes.So Do it. You think you might give the wrong message and someone might take it to seriously? Well,wave your pantyhose to them ,but first make sure to tell them that you view it as having online fun as well.

This way you swim in clea water and the other person as well has some uninhibited fun!

Speaking of flirting,i like your avatar and my name is Jim Cary,the Mask!

(there you go,you got attention and adviceyou cant really ask for more!)

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #2948648 - 07/31/04 01:14 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I love flirting on the internet!!!

the fact of the matter is that i know damn well I will probably never meet any of these people IRL, and even if I do, I will not have to live with them for extended periods of time. This provides a unique opportunity to say whatever I want to people without having to worry about the social consequences.

So I can tell a hot chick: "you have nice tits," on the internet, which is something I would never do in real life. Thats pretty cool.

Not only that, but I can experimentally spit game and see what works and what doesnt without having to be humiliated by the inevitable failures this can cause.

I like it when girls flirt with me on the internet. I dont take it too seriously, but it does lend me confidence in talking to girls IRL.

So anyway, I think online flirting is fine as long as the parties involved dont take it too seriously, get obsessed, or start having feelings for people they dont really know.

Offlinecastaway
Isanybodyreallyhome?
Male User Gallery
    #2948894 - 07/31/04 02:09 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I think some people can be hurt by what they may percieve as dishonesty and insincerety, so I think it is a good idea to make it plain that it is flirting for fun and that no physical relationship is desired or expected.

Flirting is a natural expression in relationships I think and healthy also, and yet our hormones can confuse our sensibilities and get us into trouble.

Hopefully the net will help people get over their ummm...neurosies(?) and lead towards less unhappiness, I don't know.

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Re: I may have a problem. [Re: castaway]
    #2948897 - 07/31/04 02:11 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Thank you all for your comments.

--------------------

Invisibleadrug

#2949143 - 07/31/04 03:04 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I think you do have a problem. Don't you have a boyfriend?

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Re: I may have a problem. [Re: adrug]
    #2949217 - 07/31/04 03:18 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

sometimes

--------------------

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #2961528 - 08/03/04 07:10 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Is that the same dude we were talking about before?

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
    #2963186 - 08/04/04 04:39 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Is it really flirting or just a kind personal word to tell a person how you think of them?

I guess it depends on what the other person thinks of it. Or how you see the other person seeing you.

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Re: I may have a problem. [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #2981224 - 08/09/04 11:02 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Yes Tasty, you know who I'm talking about!

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#2985710 - 08/10/04 11:40 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Hmm I notice a concensus here that you shouldn't take people seriously online because you can flip the messenger switch on them right in the middle of something and it wont be embarassing or a bad thing because they can't do anything about it..
It's odd what a sense of comfort brings out in people..

Desireesden2003:
I really havent seen you a-flirtin' so i take your posts as they are, assuming you're sincere.

If you feel the desire to talk dirty online and flirt, by all means do that! It's a great and wholesome thing if done just right and its a great adult game.

But, and there's bound to be a big BUT in topics like these,
you've hit a problem! You are going the full Delphi by saying "I think I may send out the wrong message to some of the wrong people." which isnt too clear.

I think of two people when you say that..
The kind of guy that gives you shit and stalks you, or on the contrary that you led some poor dude on who was way more serious then you.

Now if the other party sucks its all a matter of Internet hygiene. Did you chat/email off proxies? if so, discontinue those and you lose 19/20 stalkers. If you change IP and/or even used a shell account you lose 99/100 people(even me :grin:) and all these things send out a pretty strong message. Many of these people dont grasp that really serious cyberharassment can put real-life cops on their real-life front porch. Dont use real info online, not even on registration forms for trivial services as these tend to have trivial privacy measures.

If you however blew it and tend to send way more serious signals then you intended and make the other feel bad this is easiest as control lies with you. You should make clear before things get too sparky that you're gaming, and clear means you get a response that acknowledges that.

Its great to fiddle around online but the thing that isnt is when you excite people too seriously as they either end up feeling bad by crying or sending you emails with creative attachments W32.diediedieyouvixen.dll.exe which they can be busted for.

Bottom line: flirt to your heart's desire, but only if you make sure you will all involved feel better. Most long-hours internet people I've met online were quite fragile in RL and seek some sort of solace or recreation in the Web, including myself.
Make it fun, and keep it fun! :heart:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineTrauM
Poker Player

Loc: North America
    #2985958 - 08/10/04 12:52 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I dont think its a problem, its online so who cares..

--

Personally I cant say I ever really flirted with another girl online, its just too iffy on the net because you never know who you are talking to :frown:

Flirting at clubs and bars are good though, do you do that?

--------------------
Oh what a tangled web we weave when we practise to deceive..

Anonymous #1

#2985963 - 08/10/04 12:53 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

The only time flirting is a problem is when you're not willing to go further. Nobody likes a cock tease. Or a vag tease for that matter.

And I'm not trolling, this is my honest advice.

OfflineUncleMike
Visionary
Male

Loc: S.W. Virginia
    #2988533 - 08/10/04 09:12 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

It's not a problem unless you think it is.

--------------------
Live each day like it will be your last, tomorrow my never come.
SporeSmart

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #2999323 - 08/13/04 06:20 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I didnt even say anything about this before, but i'll comment now because she's aggravating me with her situation. She flirts with everyone and thats not a problem, that's fine. But she takes it further than that in some cases and does it very fast. She moves from guy to guy, in real life and online. She goes to the extreme of a relationship in no time and then moves to the next. And Im not going to get into details with what she has done and what i think is wrong because that would invade her pricacy by telling everyone else. But i think she does have a problem.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Re: I may have a problem. [Re: Locus]
    #2999362 - 08/13/04 06:42 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Why The F**K do you care?
This thread is old news, you know what the deal is now. Believe what you want. Go post whore it up in the OTD and leave me alone!

--------------------

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #2999496 - 08/13/04 07:37 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Wtf??? To put it most simply.. you asked in this thread. And I laid it out in the most sincere and nice way i could. geez what the hell..

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies