Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: how much does agar work improve yields?
    #294303 - 04/16/01 12:11 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Ignore holographic, agar culture helps establish a pure culture. A pure culture is the best way to establish uniformity. Multispore germinations are great to. A pure culture of a good strain is what you need to do actual liquid culture, holographic. If you just put spores in water, or honey, the resultant liquid is going to have several strains growing, therefore it will be less uniform upon growing out to the mushroom stage. Most if not all Mushroom farms, not spore vendors, but commercial mushroom farms use pure cultures of known productive quality. When your livelyhood depends on getting uniform harvests, of uniform mushrooms, in a set time frame, under certain environmental parameters, it is an absolute must. If you just want to produce some shrooms mannnnnnnn, do what ever you want. But to argue that multispore germinations are equal to the use of a pure strain of known quality, is rediculous. Everyone in the legal shroom industry starts with a pure culture for spawn production, their livelyhood depends on this. Yield is better, and uncertainty is removed from the equation.

As far as the PF tek goes, I wouldn't use agar to inoculate, because you can't shake the jars to distribute. If you transfered your pure strain to liquid and then inoculated with the liquid , it would work great.

Edited by Teonan on 04/16/01 02:13 PM.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTrippinRhino
addict

Loc: TX
Re: how much does agar work improve yields? [Re: ]
    #294409 - 04/16/01 02:23 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

I am to assume then, that a single strain innoculation, will give a more even flush on casings? For example, if one was to clone 1 big shroom onto agar, then, use that agar to innoculate compost and case, the shrooms would all be a relatively the same size? And would they flush at the same rate? A nice handful of the same shrooms to munch.... :-) That would look nice! I realize it is not necessary to get a crop, but if these things are true, then one could harvest a whole flush at the same time etc. w/o waiting hours for the others to mature to their full potential before veil break. Am I correct in my assumptions? I

--------------------
All rhinos are endangered species...save the rhinos

Anonymous

Re: how much does agar work improve yields? [Re: TrippinRhino]
    #294479 - 04/16/01 04:00 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

YES YOU ARE ABSOLUTLEY CORRECT. You still will have occassional variations in speed of maturation, and some aborts due to heavy pin set, etc... but it will be relatively even. Isolation of pure strains gives you the ability to know what you are gonna grow each time. Not a general idea, but an exact idea.

Offlineholographic mind
veteran

Re: how much does agar work improve yields? [Re: ]
    #294634 - 04/16/01 07:20 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

It is so clear you are a poser teonan I know youhave never even inoculated a jar much less worked with agar. Why don't you actually read Paul Stamet's "Growing Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms" instead of just pretending like you have. The yield benefit of pure culture varies from species to species, cultivar to cultivar. Pinning strategy is a much more relevant determining factor in yield than pure culture, especially on such a small scale. Light, air temperature, relative humidity, co2 and fresh air are the "limiting factors". Introduce the proper lighting, proper relative humidity, proper air temperature and proper levels of fresh air at the right time during the appropriate stages of growth and you maximize yield.

In chapter 15 of GG&MM under the subject of spore-mass inoculation, stamets writes about how in multi spore inoculations the most aggressive strains over ride the weaker strains to gain control of the substrate. They literally overpower and invade the cellular network of the weaker strains. Further more, in other parts of the book Stamets recants his claims from his previous book "The Mushroom Cultivator" that multi spore inoculations are bad.

You are such a poser teonan it is painful. You have not grow anything.

OfflineTaz
veteran
Re: how much does agar work improve yields? [Re: holographic mind]
    #294661 - 04/16/01 07:52 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

dude, you are a lost and confused soul! SAD just SADDDD!

--------------------
"Most of the world's problems are caused by people taking things that do not belong to them..."

Offlineholographic mind
veteran

Re: how much does agar work improve yields? [Re: Taz]
    #294672 - 04/16/01 07:58 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Taz... blah blah blah. You are getting repeticious. Here is some advice, stop making a fool of your self, on line and in real life.

OfflineTaz
veteran
    #294677 - 04/16/01 08:03 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

the only person making a fool of himself is you! everybody on here has posted picks of their growing except you....why is that? maybe it's because you have never grown anything?? yep I think that is what it is. oh and if you want to check out some of my most recent pics then look at the thread "milk dunk report" by hippie.

hollow mind

--------------------
"Most of the world's problems are caused by people taking things that do not belong to them..."

Offlineholographic mind
veteran

#294682 - 04/16/01 08:08 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Taz is saw your pathetic pictures, not impressive at all.

Offlinem0ck5

Loc: mid west the lands of no ...
    #294697 - 04/16/01 08:24 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

oh look at holographic mind acting like he is better than every one and the point is that one dude wasnt all wrong so quit shitting on em we are all here to help find some where else to flip out ,all up on your high hourse best realize your walking around looking like you got a shroom up ypur ass

--------------------
**support the FSR**
Hot_chick_with_nice_pussy

OfflineTaz
veteran
    #294698 - 04/16/01 08:24 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

hey hollow mind, at least I can prove what I say...can you? oh I forgot, you can't post pics of shrooms you don't grow.

--------------------

Offlineholographic mind
veteran

#294702 - 04/16/01 08:28 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

You have proved that you are a novice with your abort cover cakes ;) If I ever sink to your level of patheticness, where I actually care what nobodies online think of me and feel the need to prove my self to them, I will shoot my self in the head/

OfflineTaz
veteran
Re: how much does agar work improve yields? [Re: m0ck5]
    #294703 - 04/16/01 08:29 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

no, that is his finger, the other finger is in his mouth and he switches them every 5 minutes to savor the flavor.

--------------------

OfflineTaz
veteran
    #294705 - 04/16/01 08:32 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

then why don't you take that gun and do it then? those aborts net me over 12 grams dry from 3 cakes, oh yeah I found your picture today in the dictionary see attachment

--------------------

Offlineholographic mind
veteran

#294707 - 04/16/01 08:33 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

you can thank taz for trolling the thread, mock

Offlinem0ck5

#294708 - 04/16/01 08:36 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

oh by the way i havent stared my first batch yet i didnt know what stran to do i was thinking b,b+ (whats the dif ?) or equador any advise,

--------------------
**support the FSR**

OfflineTaz
veteran
    #294711 - 04/16/01 08:40 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

b+ grows bigger, equadors are potent as long as you pick them pre-sporulation.

and hollow mind, mock5 knows your the one who trashed the thread shroomgrower wannabe!

--------------------

Offlinem0ck5

#294714 - 04/16/01 08:44 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

do the b's have to be growen differntly?

--------------------
**support the FSR**

OfflineTaz
veteran
    #294717 - 04/16/01 08:48 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

no, are you doing them pf cake style? if so grow them normally. they do real good. do you have eq's and B+ are you just trying to decide? if you haven't give the b+ atry and the equadors. are the pf classics are a real easy shroom to grow too. where are you getting the spores from?

--------------------

Offlinem0ck5

#294725 - 04/16/01 08:56 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

well i heard some good things about hawks piont and bad about spore chicks l8ly
i havent bought the spors yet i think im gunna go for equador and clone the best shroom

--------------------
**support the FSR**

OfflineTaz
veteran
    #294729 - 04/16/01 08:58 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

ok, lilshopofspores.com has them for 15 bucks a syringe, sporechicks are ok, pf has them for 10 bucks a syringe.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals