Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 1709 | 1710 | 1711 | 1712 | 1713 | 1714 | 1715 | 1716 | 1717 | 1718 | 1719 | 1720 | 1721 | 1722 | 1723 | 1724 | 1725 | 1726 | 1727 | 1728 | 1729 | | Last >
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: ballsalsa]
    #29202714 -

there is literally a behavioral study (I can find it if anyone wants me to move around more than I have to) that looks into cart return, as returning your cart is objectively "right" but failing to adhere results in no consequence, so it acts as a decent litmus test for how decent someone is.  I'm sure I'm mischaracterizing it a bit but basically good people return their carts because its the right thing to do even though not returning it like a fucking heathen doesn't result in consequence.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: ballsalsa] * 2
    #29202718 -

Lmao this was a big argument on left twitter a while back with the same premise:

Putting the cart back with no personal incentive is like an altruistic social good

Versus

Putting the cart back allows stores to reduce labor costs




Honestly both are probably true. Personally i never use carts because my wife can only add 3 things to the grocery list at a time, so I typically just grab a handful of shit on my way home from work every day.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: dinosaurs]
    #29202721 -

dinosaurs said:
there is literally a behavioral study (I can find it if anyone wants me to move around more than I have to) that looks into cart return, as returning your cart is objectively "right" but failing to adhere results in no consequence, so it acts as a decent litmus test for how decent someone is.  I'm sure I'm mischaracterizing it a bit but basically good people return their carts because its the right thing to do even though not returning it like a fucking heathen doesn't result in consequence.



I’ve noticed that when I do return my cart, other people will return theirs. There’s like a social pressure. But if nobody is doing it then fuck it, seems like the common theme.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: The Ecstatic] * 1
    #29202727 -

well its the gradient of human decency.  the person that returns their cart, the person that returns their cart out of guilt when seeing someone else returning theirs, the person that sees someone returning their cart and doesnt give a shit, and the person that has fallen so far up their own asshole that they dont return their cart and either dont notice others that do or consider them suckers.

in my mind, I'm not trying to trip anyone else or make that grocery store worker bust his/her ass more than they already will be. then again maybe I'm patting myself on the back and should shut the fuck up.  self awareness is a slippery slope.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #29202729 -

I put my cart away when it’s convenient, which, honestly applies to most times because it's simple enough, so no biggie. Now, if I’m rushing on my run, and I do not feel like Jesus, son? Well then..that duty falls upon on my good ol’ buddy ol’ pal who’s paid to periodically collect the carts from the parking lot as part of their jerb.


--------------------
Give me Liberty caps or give me Death caps.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: dinosaurs] * 1
    #29202732 -

dinosaurs said:
there is literally a behavioral study (I can find it if anyone wants me to move around more than I have to) that looks into cart return, as returning your cart is objectively "right" but failing to adhere results in no consequence, so it acts as a decent litmus test for how decent someone is.  I'm sure I'm mischaracterizing it a bit but basically good people return their carts because its the right thing to do even though not returning it like a fucking heathen doesn't result in consequence.



It isn't "objectively" right.  I literally just laid out the moral framework for why returning the cart is wrong and bad but if you want to help Kroger save some money at the expense of some poor guy who needed those hours to buy his kid a birthday present, you do you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #29202736 -

I haven't inhabited that space for years but that sounds likely enough.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: ballsalsa] * 1
    #29202818 -

I always return my cart because I enjoy the rightful feeling of superiority


--------------------
A Love Letter to New Growers
The 7 Edicts of Mushroom Cultivation as Decreed by Smellyhobbit

:kodama:


Anyone can get a canopy. But can you get what you want?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: Smellyhobbit]
    #29202848 -

I always return my cart.
I'm not lazy, it takes 30 seconds at most.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: 1234go]
    #29202867 -

Without being ironic for a second, I pushed carts for like 5 years. Return your carts. It’s not neutral, you are actively a piece of shit if you don’t. It heavily impacts somebody’s day, and often wind will knock them into cars and cause hundreds of dollars in damage. It isn’t that you’re lazy, you’re being an asshole if you don’t.


--------------------
A Love Letter to New Growers
The 7 Edicts of Mushroom Cultivation as Decreed by Smellyhobbit

:kodama:


Anyone can get a canopy. But can you get what you want?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: Smellyhobbit]
    #29202871 -

A lazy asshole...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: 1234go] * 2
    #29202880 -

You gotta pull the carts out of the cart return and place them into parking spaces.


--------------------
Everything I have ever said is total bogus bs I am full of crud therefore everything I say should never be taken literal.

And I am mentally unstable.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: Smellyhobbit]
    #29202882 -

Quote:
Without being ironic for a second, I pushed carts for like 5 years. Return your carts. It’s not neutral, you are actively a piece of shit if you don’t. It heavily impacts somebody’s day, and often wind will knock them into cars and cause hundreds of dollars in damage. It isn’t that you’re lazy, you’re being an asshole if you don’t.



    Sometimes I push my carts  all the way to the far side of the parking up over the curb , into the bushes, and I toss a few rocks in ,  just to ruin some poor kids day  .  Im not lazy at all when it comes to being  an asshole , I'm an energetic one .


--------------------


Edited by Psilynut2 (04/29/25 03:43 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: Psilynut2] * 1
    #29202883 -

One time there was a cart across the street and I happen to be walking towards the store. So I grabbed the cart, brought it with me up to the intersection got across the intersection, entered the parking lot and then it seized on me and could not be moved anymore. So I left it on the ground.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: GenesisCorrupted]
    #29202884 -

Ya they really ruined fun with wheel locks. It's  cool though I just pick it up and carry it . The joke is on them .


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: Psilynut2]
    #29202888 -

As I was waiting to get back across the street. I saw somebody had come over to the cart and I was waiting to see them use like a dongle or something to unlock the cart. He just picked it up and walked away.
:lolsy:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: Psilynut2]
    #29202891 -

Psilynut2 said:
Quote:
Without being ironic for a second, I pushed carts for like 5 years. Return your carts. It’s not neutral, you are actively a piece of shit if you don’t. It heavily impacts somebody’s day, and often wind will knock them into cars and cause hundreds of dollars in damage. It isn’t that you’re lazy, you’re being an asshole if you don’t.



    Sometimes I push my carts  all the way to the far side of the parking up over the curb , into the bushes, and I toss a few rocks in ,  just to ruin some poor kids day  .  Im not lazy at all when it comes to being  an asshole , I'm an energetic one .



I guess I respect this more


--------------------
A Love Letter to New Growers
The 7 Edicts of Mushroom Cultivation as Decreed by Smellyhobbit

:kodama:


Anyone can get a canopy. But can you get what you want?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: Smellyhobbit]
    #29202900 -

ballsalsa said:
The Ecstatic said:
Close!

Rationing is for other people to do, like paying taxes or taking your shopping cart back to the corral. I’m different.



Don't get me started on the cart corral!  It's a corporate ploy to trick you into unpaid labor so they can fire employees and pocket the savings.  They're preying on your better nature.  Don't let the oligarchs milk you!
:wtfsonic:

I always take the time to push my cart out to the furthest corner of the lot in solidarity with my fellow workers :snub:



:ushankadrink:


--------------------
:mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow:

:mushroom:Come a little bit closer
And get untied
In a hearse rollin' over
Just a track in the line
Fuck it:mushroom:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: Smellyhobbit]
    #29202922 -

You wanna chase carts or stand in the unemployment line?

Like, I don't want to stick my hands in fish sludge but I'm glad my customers don't do it because I like being able to pay my bills

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: ballsalsa]
    #29202924 -

The cart corral doesn't transport carts to the store.
They still have to be collected by workers.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 1709 | 1710 | 1711 | 1712 | 1713 | 1714 | 1715 | 1716 | 1717 | 1718 | 1719 | 1720 | 1721 | 1722 | 1723 | 1724 | 1725 | 1726 | 1727 | 1728 | 1729 | | Last >

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Trump
( 1 2 3 4 ... 131 132 )
DividedQuantumM 80,102 2,635 01/19/21 07:19 AM
by STPLSD25
* Who will the president canidates for 2024?? starfire_xes 345 5 07/09/17 03:24 AM
by Cinnamon
* How will the Trump presidency end
( 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 all )
koods 4,496 180 09/05/17 04:44 PM
by akira_akuma
* Ya Boy Trump
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Connoisseur 2,239 81 09/28/17 07:18 PM
by meltdowner
* Trump Gets Friendly with Putin
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
Falcon91Wolvrn03 2,989 165 02/02/18 06:35 PM
by Falcon91Wolvrn03
* Intercepted Podcast: Julian Assange Speaks Out as Trumps CIA Director Attempts to Shutdown Wikileaks tdubz 362 1 04/23/17 02:14 PM
by akira_akuma
* No proof has been found between Trump and Russia ties...
( 1 2 3 4 ... 103 104 )
Patlal 35,420 2,060 09/28/17 04:19 PM
by akira_akuma
* The Trump Phenomenon
( 1 2 3 4 ... 50 51 )
Count of Sabugosa 41,993 1,006 01/27/16 02:53 PM
by zappaisgod

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
502,596 topic views. 5 members, 10 guests and 13 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.047 seconds spending 0.027 seconds on 16 queries.