Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 2613 | 2614 | 2615 | 2616 | 2617 | 2618 | 2619 | 2620 | 2621 | 2622 | 2623 | 2624 | 2625 | 2626 | 2627 | 2628 | 2629 | 2630 | 2631 | 2632 | 2633 | | Last >
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: enzofilo] * 7
    #29155605 -

Look at the very bottom of the page on any thread. There is a search bar for that thread only.



--------------------
Stoned Gummys | BRF Pucks | Primo Reusable Plates | Easy LI 4 Preserv & Propo
"Psychedelics are powerful substances. Nothing that powerful is completely safe... and nothing completely safe is that powerful!" - Abigail Calder at ALPS 2023
Don't Panic

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: GenesisCorrupted]
    #29155613 -

Idk i haven't tried to open and feel it yet. I will once off work

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: ksquare]
    #29155628 -

Couple QQs on my monotub grow here ...

1. This pic is right after a quick mist, but sub seems to be drying out faster than than I'd like, such that I'm misting 2-3 times a day.  I'm thinking I need to dial down FAE by plugging some of the holes in the tub but just want to make sure that's the right call.

2. Some of these clusters look pretty weird to me and I'm curious if that's just genetics or possibly due to some environmental factor I can control.  This is Bluey Vuitton from LC I got from a trusted vendor.



--------------------
DON'T PANIC!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: ReverendMyc]
    #29155647 -

So, I am most definitely a qualified rookie when it comes to mycology, this is only my second attempt, and while I completely understand the quintessential part to mycology is a sterile environment, so I purchased a still air box and conducted my latest project in it. My last project was conducted in my closet and worked out ok, being that I yielded some and contaminated some.

With that said, my last project I purchased the 5lb all-in-one grain and substrate bags off Amazon made by *vendor name removed and 2 of the 4 bags got contaminated, but like I said, I yielded some so I can’t really complain.

This go around and the reasoning for this post is because I purchased the 12 Jars Mushroom Growing Kit Ultimate Fast Automated Cultivation Equipment from Amazon, which is more of a PFtek method VS my previous project. I also purchased a still air box for inoculation as my last project became contaminated and I figured it was mainly due to this reason.

I inoculated 4 of the jars from the kit and (2) *vendor name removed Liquid Culture Kits/30x Spore Multiplier & Cloning Kits in the still air box, with spore syringes purchased from *vendor name removed. Everything was seemingly going well, until…. One liquid culture became contaminated within about a week and still hasn’t produced any culture, the second one has produced flawlessly and is ready to create clone syringes.
The 4 jars I had inoculated seemed to be going well until the past 48 hours as they are finishing colonizing the jars. They have began developing these little fuzzy patches, which I believe are cobweb mold but I would like to seek some professional input on the diagnosis… and if spraying them down with h2o2 and isolating them in their own ziplock bags, repeat spraying after 12 hours and again after 24 hours, would be a viable solution to eradicate the issue…

Please respect my rookie status, Lol!

Here are some pictures to hopefully help.








Edited by fahtster (03/12/25 10:28 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: psilofreq]
    #29155663 -

psilofreq said:
Couple QQs on my monotub grow here ...

1. This pic is right after a quick mist, but sub seems to be drying out faster than than I'd like, such that I'm misting 2-3 times a day.  I'm thinking I need to dial down FAE by plugging some of the holes in the tub but just want to make sure that's the right call.

2. Some of these clusters look pretty weird to me and I'm curious if that's just genetics or possibly due to some environmental factor I can control.  This is Bluey Vuitton from LC I got from a trusted vendor.





Yeah you shouldn’t  need to be misting that much. I’d start by closing some holes. How big is the tub? How many holes? Pics of the tub/ holes and I can help more.


--------------------
The Hitchikers Guide to the Shroomery

Sometimes you just have to shut up and color!
~CMS Wilbur

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: ReverendMyc] * 6
    #29155664 -

ReverendMyc said:
Look at the very bottom of the page on any thread. There is a search bar for that thread only.





:epicfacepalm:

13.5 years and I missed it every time.


--------------------
🅃🄴🄰🄼 🄸🄷🄾🄿


New to cultivation or the shroomery?  Observe the hitchhiker's guide

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery



Smellyhobbit said:
"Wiping a needle with isopropyl after flame sterilization is like shitting after you wipe your ass."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: OLDDAD77]
    #29155728 -

OLDDAD77 said:
psilofreq said:
Couple QQs on my monotub grow here ...

1. This pic is right after a quick mist, but sub seems to be drying out faster than than I'd like, such that I'm misting 2-3 times a day.  I'm thinking I need to dial down FAE by plugging some of the holes in the tub but just want to make sure that's the right call.

2. Some of these clusters look pretty weird to me and I'm curious if that's just genetics or possibly due to some environmental factor I can control.  This is Bluey Vuitton from LC I got from a trusted vendor.





Yeah you shouldn’t  need to be misting that much. I’d start by closing some holes. How big is the tub? How many holes? Pics of the tub/ holes and I can help more.



The tub is a bit of an abomination and that's all on me. 

It's 55 qt. but I drilled the standard holes for Pastywhyte's Ez dialed monotubs which are supposed to be 66 qt.  My spawn was 4 pints of WBS, instead of 4 quarts, which I didn't even realize until after I made the tub.  Given all that, I think the holes are placed higher than they should be and also more FAE than I need, so I guess the question now is how many should I plug and where?

All told I'm pretty happy where this has ended up given my inexperience.  Still think some of these pins look funky, but not sweating it if there's nothing I can do at this point. :shrug:


--------------------
DON'T PANIC!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Nichrome]
    #29155733 -

I think I'm overthinking things but I need someone to tell me if what I'm seeing is contamination or not.

This is my second attempt at growing golden teachers using PK TEK, and the first time I'm seeing mushrooms fruit. I know I should have harvested before the veil broke but my concern is related to the black layer on top of the fruit. When I harvested, it washed right off. I'm thinking it's probably just dirt from the coconut coir I used but if it's actually some bacterial growth and I shouldn't consume them, PLEASE let me know!

First picture is from yesterday. Second picture is from today when I noticed the black dirt layer. You can see it on the lower right mushrooms.

Thanks



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: spongiform-bob] * 1
    #29155735 -

Those are spores. They have no flavor and they don’t affect anything. Completely safe to eat. Congratulations on your first successful grow.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: GenesisCorrupted] * 3
    #29155739 -

Oh my gosh I feel like an idiot. Of course those are the spores. Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!

And yay for my first successful grow!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: psilofreq]
    #29155751 -

I went ahead and closed the center holes on all 4 sides.  Thinking now I could instead try closing alternating holes to avoid uneven evaporation/drying but not sure how much it matters.
psilofreq said:
OLDDAD77 said:
psilofreq said:
Couple QQs on my monotub grow here ...

1. This pic is right after a quick mist, but sub seems to be drying out faster than than I'd like, such that I'm misting 2-3 times a day.  I'm thinking I need to dial down FAE by plugging some of the holes in the tub but just want to make sure that's the right call.

2. Some of these clusters look pretty weird to me and I'm curious if that's just genetics or possibly due to some environmental factor I can control.  This is Bluey Vuitton from LC I got from a trusted vendor.





Yeah you shouldn’t  need to be misting that much. I’d start by closing some holes. How big is the tub? How many holes? Pics of the tub/ holes and I can help more.



The tub is a bit of an abomination and that's all on me. 

It's 55 qt. but I drilled the standard holes for Pastywhyte's Ez dialed monotubs which are supposed to be 66 qt.  My spawn was 4 pints of WBS, instead of 4 quarts, which I didn't even realize until after I made the tub.  Given all that, I think the holes are placed higher than they should be and also more FAE than I need, so I guess the question now is how many should I plug and where?

All told I'm pretty happy where this has ended up given my inexperience.  Still think some of these pins look funky, but not sweating it if there's nothing I can do at this point. :shrug:



I went ahead and closed the center holes on all 4 sides.  Thinking now I could instead try closing alternating holes to avoid uneven evaporation/drying but not sure how much it matters.


--------------------
DON'T PANIC!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: psilofreq] * 1
    #29155768 -

psilofreq said:
OLDDAD77 said:
psilofreq said:
Couple QQs on my monotub grow here ...

1. This pic is right after a quick mist, but sub seems to be drying out faster than than I'd like, such that I'm misting 2-3 times a day.  I'm thinking I need to dial down FAE by plugging some of the holes in the tub but just want to make sure that's the right call.

2. Some of these clusters look pretty weird to me and I'm curious if that's just genetics or possibly due to some environmental factor I can control.  This is Bluey Vuitton from LC I got from a trusted vendor.





Yeah you shouldn’t  need to be misting that much. I’d start by closing some holes. How big is the tub? How many holes? Pics of the tub/ holes and I can help more.



The tub is a bit of an abomination and that's all on me. 

It's 55 qt. but I drilled the standard holes for Pastywhyte's Ez dialed monotubs which are supposed to be 66 qt.  My spawn was 4 pints of WBS, instead of 4 quarts, which I didn't even realize until after I made the tub.  Given all that, I think the holes are placed higher than they should be and also more FAE than I need, so I guess the question now is how many should I plug and where?

All told I'm pretty happy where this has ended up given my inexperience.  Still think some of these pins look funky, but not sweating it if there's nothing I can do at this point. :shrug:



Plug all of them except one on each side. Give it a really good mist and then don’t open it up for a day.  See how it reacts. If it’s still drying out then plug all of them. You might just need a loose lid. It really depends on the environment outside of the tub.

Yeah all the misting causes them to do weird things. But it doesn’t look terrible. Not bad at all to be honest!


--------------------
The Hitchikers Guide to the Shroomery

Sometimes you just have to shut up and color!
~CMS Wilbur

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: OLDDAD77] * 1
    #29155784 -

OLDDAD77 said:
Plug all of them except one on each side. Give it a really good mist and then don’t open it up for a day.  See how it reacts. If it’s still drying out then plug all of them. You might just need a loose lid. It really depends on the environment outside of the tub.

Yeah all the misting causes them to do weird things. But it doesn’t look terrible. Not bad at all to be honest!



Sounds great, I'll do that!  Conditions here are super dry so makes sense to reduce air flow to help the tub/sub humidity bounce back.


--------------------
DON'T PANIC!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: psilofreq]
    #29155899 -



This look bad?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Nichrome] * 1
    #29155904 -

WhackWidow said:


This look bad?



It looks fairly bacterial, but it'll probably give you mushrooms.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Axman]
    #29155918 -

Dunno, Ax, that seems very optimistic :muppet:
Best bet, in my opinion, would be to top-fruit it (leave the grain untouched; drop a layer of coir on top and flip the lid)


--------------------
“All this buttoning and unbuttoning”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: 999999999]
    #29155964 -

999999999 said:
Dunno, Ax, that seems very optimistic :muppet:
Best bet, in my opinion, would be to top-fruit it (leave the grain untouched; drop a layer of coir on top and flip the lid)



I've had some ugly jars give me a solid flush before :rofl:

But yes, top fruiting that jar is probably the best case scenario.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Axman]
    #29156023 -

Hi all,

I'm getting ready to put my first grow to bulk, and need a hand deciding how to setup my tubs.

I've been reading tons of posts here on tub teks (Thanks you Beefy, Pasty and all the others), so I found some 16qt containers, and I think that based on my climate, I should be following pasty's EZ dialed tubs with lots of holes?

I pinched the meter out of the wine cellar and popped it in the grow closet for the week:


I know this is something I'm going to have to learn to do by feel, but it would be great if you could give me a ballpark starting point.

Thanks y'all


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: BigCoy] * 2
    #29156030 -

BigCoy said:
Please respect my rookie status, Lol!

Here are some pictures to hopefully help.











brother thats a lot of vendor names in one post.  its kinda against the rules.  federal laws and what have you.


anyway check this out pardner, i wrote this thing called the hitchhikers guide to the shroomery and its linked in my signature.

i think you might be behooved to read at least part one and get familiar with kinda how we do do things here.  youre kindof working with some old/debunked/obsolete information and i think as well as you write, you should have an easy time reading up and getting up to speed.

but!


theres a section i wrote called "the rich mans guide to cultivation"

dont take offense to this but i think this might be the best way for you.  Not that i think youre rich, but i wrote this for people that have more money than time on their hands and it seems like that might be you.  i have friends that operate this way.  people with kids and busy jobs etc.  check it out!  kindof a plug and play approach and at least initially, is cheaper than investing in all the equipment youd need to be a full bore hobbyist.

anyway read the HHG and i think at the minimum, your questions will be fewer and more concise and objective.

anyhow bud,  thanks for joining us.  we appreciate you and well get you sorted out once youre kindof up to speed.  take care. holler if you need anything.

Edited by fahtster (03/12/25 10:37 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: BeefExtreme] * 1
    #29156032 -

and then my dumbass quoted the whole thing.


mushy, capn, cron, whatever mod catches this, i am so sorry.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 2613 | 2614 | 2615 | 2616 | 2617 | 2618 | 2619 | 2620 | 2621 | 2622 | 2623 | 2624 | 2625 | 2626 | 2627 | 2628 | 2629 | 2630 | 2631 | 2632 | 2633 | | Last >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* quick question, finished colonizing? usefulidiot 1,852 1 04/06/03 04:31 PM
by kindkesey
* Quick Question grateful_head 1,238 2 08/18/01 01:40 PM
by Billyblastoff
* New to the boards, and a quick question to start ! Anonymous 1,829 4 03/11/02 01:18 AM
by 2shrewmen
* some quick questions about my treasure coasts alf 3,849 19 11/15/01 11:54 PM
by Anonymous
* Quick Question needs quick answer Wheedhead! 1,180 2 01/19/03 07:06 AM
by Wheedhead!
* quick question SuppaFly 1,044 1 09/18/02 02:41 PM
by mickey_rourke
* Re: Quick Question
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,542 22 06/14/00 03:46 AM
by hitterg
* Quick Question LXTC 1,806 11 09/24/02 08:09 PM
by LXTC

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,160,312 topic views. 15 members, 200 guests and 199 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.071 seconds spending 0.051 seconds on 18 queries.