Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 2212 | 2213 | 2214 | 2215 | 2216 | 2217 | 2218 | 2219 | 2220 | 2221 | 2222 | 2223 | 2224 | 2225 | 2226 | 2227 | 2228 | 2229 | 2230 | 2231 | 2232 | | Last >
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: PhenoDreamers]
    #28985572 -

After spawning to bulk, usually 7 to 10 days after s2b before any pin show. From my understanding that's my spawn, the only issue is my spawn the last couple of times looks good as far as I know. It was from a vendor LC so it's more than likely the cause.

I tried a gar before but I was having issues. I'm pretty sure I ended up isolating a mold strain and running with that for a couple runs. I'll be home in a couple hours and I'm going to make a separate post with pictures of my agar


--------------------
I've got skills, they don't know where to use me
I'm like the best dressed guy at the nude beach
Nice to meet you!

Edited by PuffM4gicDr4gon (10/14/24 08:57 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: PuffM4gicDr4gon]
    #28985630 -

Any idea what's going on in my jar?

I inoculated a bunch of 4 oz BRF jars 9/17 with APE liquid culture. One of the jars looks like it spored?!?! I was curious if anyone could explain the jar. I've included a non-funky(?) jar for comparison.

Thanks!





Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: lolabee]
    #28985632 -

Mold  careful if you keep the jar..

Either pc it first. Or open it under some soapy water (I'd add some bleach).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: LewDoja] * 3
    #28985664 -

I’m a big fan of opening them in buckets of soapy water, really gets em clean without spore sploding


--------------------
🅃🄴🄰🄼 🄸🄷🄾🄿


New to cultivation or the shroomery?  Observe the hitchhiker's guide

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery



Smellyhobbit said:
"Wiping a needle with isopropyl after flame sterilization is like shitting after you wipe your ass."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: callmehippie]
    #28985806 -

callmehippie said:
When running on modified shoes. Is cracking the lid or dub tub a quarter to half an inch sufficient for proper Fae and CO2 transference?

I just recently ran my first batch of mods. And the fruits were pretty skinny and weak and small.  Like this




And as you can see there's a small amount of spots on some of the Caps that look like they're starting to rot from being too wet and or not having that proper Fae which is what led me to believe my gaps in my lid situation aren't functioning adequately.



So should I continue forward and just go with modded shoes?

If that size of a gap doesn't allow enough Fae how come just a few small little holes around the walls above the sub does? It would seem like the holes would allow less Fae compared to a bigger Gap in the lid? Can someone please help clear this up a little bit for me?

I'm definitely not doubting or questioning anybody cuz I know nothing when it comes to this stuff. Just want to make sure my mushies are better in the future. So I am looking into modding my boxes unless it's not necessary..

I guess I'm looking for opinions on what's better?

should I go mod or unmod and does it make a difference whether it's a cracked lid or proper drilled holes?




Modified Tubs work by convection currents moving the air inside.
So it might be hindered by cracking the lid with modified (maybe).

A 1/4inch hole is pretty big actually.

However you shouldn't need to crack the lid with modified. The pasty ezdial are just for his environment everyone needs to DIAL IN according to their own environment.

You may need more holes. And it's better have have more than not enough, and MP tape over them to adjust.

If caps are becoming necrotic it's a bacterial infection, & yes its exasperated by excess moisture.
I'll also add, that the size and stature could very well be genetics as well as available h20 within the sub.
Also it's why running proven clones is the name of the game.

Edited by LewDoja (10/14/24 01:24 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: LewDoja]
    #28985822 -

grzyp said:
Wall.E said:
If you become a supporter you don’t have to worry about upload limits



I know. But I want to know how it works if i'm not supporter.



Under PICS
Click upload

And it will tell you your total & weekly limits and amount remaining.

I don't see a gallery in your account so can not even comment on how many images you have, but if you're running into limitations, maybe you need to be a bit more selective of which ones you really need.
Also adjust your camera settings, not everything needs to be 4k :laugh2:

Edited by LewDoja (10/14/24 01:26 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: LewDoja] * 3
    #28985843 -

LewDoja said:
Also adjust your camera settings not everything needs to be 4k :laugh2:



:noway:


--------------------
So anyway, uh...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: So Anyway] * 1
    #28985869 -

Is my Block fruiting? I place the Coco Cake 3 day's ago in my Water Tube but it looks like it has starting fruiting ore what? What i have to do know?







Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Fiet]
    #28985880 -

Looks like pins 👍!

Now just LITFA (the hardest part of the hobby)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: LewDoja] * 1
    #28985903 -

LewDoja said:
Looks like pins 👍!

Now just LITFA (the hardest part of the hobby)




Hardest? OK it's getting interesting my mast cake was to dry of you remember know it's looking good and i give it a good mist and have just Crack the lids litte bit to the Side :smile: I will watch very for the surface condition and will update you :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Fiet]
    #28985931 -

Whats this?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: ansr]
    #28985935 -

ansr said:
Whats this?




Looks like it just picked up some mycelium as it grew upwards


--------------------
Endlessly endorsing empathy empirically energizing existence™

~Always practice radical kindness~
R.I.P. Betty Boop, greatest mother to ever do it.

Edited by QuantumZ00 (10/14/24 02:33 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: QuantumZ00]
    #28985939 -

QuantumZ00 said:
ansr said:
Whats this?




Looks like it just picked up some mycelium as it grew upwards



It only appeared when it was about two inches tall. Almost looks like the cap broke apart and has a darker cap under, but also a round white part in the middle.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Fiet]
    #28985975 -





How my Lions Mane Agar looks like???

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Fiet]
    #28985994 -

Can you use goat poo instead of horse in pan cyan substrate recipes?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers *DELETED* [Re: Amethyst_Scepter]
    #28986004 -

Post deleted by chris77

Reason for deletion: .


--------------------
the observer is the observed
            j. krishnamurti


>The Hitchhiker‘s Guide to the Shroomery<

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: chris77] * 4
    #28986008 -


Amethyst_Scepter said:
Can you use goat poo instead of horse in pan cyan substrate recipes?



no, only if you are growing goaten teacher


--------------------
the observer is the observed
            j. krishnamurti


>The Hitchhiker‘s Guide to the Shroomery<

Edited by chris77 (10/14/24 04:22 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Fiet]
    #28986026 -

Fiet said:




How my Lions Mane Agar looks like???



Looks good, it might start pinning soon


--------------------
Mehhh



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: chris77] * 1
    #28986036 -

[
chris77 said:
Amethyst_Scepter said:
Can you use goat poo instead of horse in pan cyan substrate recipes?



no, only if you are growing goaten teacher



:laugh2:
Literally lol'd.


But yeah ppl successfully use manure from various animals... elk, moose, rabbit, goat, GOOSE/chicken (not necessarily all used for pans)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Wall.E]
    #28986039 -

Wall.E said:
Fiet said:




How my Lions Mane Agar looks like???



Looks good, it might start pinning soon




Is pinning bad? I place it in a fridge!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 2212 | 2213 | 2214 | 2215 | 2216 | 2217 | 2218 | 2219 | 2220 | 2221 | 2222 | 2223 | 2224 | 2225 | 2226 | 2227 | 2228 | 2229 | 2230 | 2231 | 2232 | | Last >

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* quick question, finished colonizing? usefulidiot 1,848 1 04/06/03 04:31 PM
by kindkesey
* Quick Question grateful_head 1,233 2 08/18/01 01:40 PM
by Billyblastoff
* New to the boards, and a quick question to start ! Anonymous 1,825 4 03/11/02 01:18 AM
by 2shrewmen
* Re: Quick Question
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,527 22 06/14/00 03:46 AM
by hitterg
* So I have a quick question about mycobags... moorhsum 967 5 03/09/03 08:42 AM
by Psychoslut
* some quick questions about my treasure coasts alf 3,840 19 11/15/01 11:54 PM
by Anonymous
* Quick Question needs quick answer Wheedhead! 1,176 2 01/19/03 07:06 AM
by Wheedhead!
* quick question SuppaFly 1,039 1 09/18/02 02:41 PM
by mickey_rourke

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,153,989 topic views. 11 members, 83 guests and 121 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.057 seconds spending 0.038 seconds on 16 queries.