Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 2211 | 2212 | 2213 | 2214 | 2215 | 2216 | 2217 | 2218 | 2219 | 2220 | 2221 | 2222 | 2223 | 2224 | 2225 | 2226 | 2227 | 2228 | 2229 | 2230 | 2231 | | Last >
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Seriously_trippin] * 3
    #28985124 -

Your closet is already contaminated.  Everything everywhere is contaminated unless you have sterilized it.  Your existence in the room spreads far more bacteria than that bag.  You get clean work by doing clean work, not by trying to control contaminants outside of your sterile area.  That said, being tidy and clean does help.

No, I do not think your bag is spreading bacteria if it is sealed.


--------------------
🅃🄴🄰🄼 🄸🄷🄾🄿


New to cultivation or the shroomery?  Observe the hitchhiker's guide

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery



Smellyhobbit said:
"Wiping a needle with isopropyl after flame sterilization is like shitting after you wipe your ass."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Mr Piggy]
    #28985160 -

I know I'm thinking like a grower now because hearing everything is contaminated is actually quite comforting :lol:


Thats incredibly fascinating that me in a room with the door shut spreads more bacteria than the bag would. Thats actually kind of mind blowing to think about.

And that completely puts my mind at ease over my closet for my next batch of jars.

Thanks for explaining it to me.


--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa, Jellyfish
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: AspectOfTheCreator] * 1
    #28985193 -

AspectOfTheCreator said:
SupaThaRipper said:
What contamination are you getting out of curiosity and have you taken your grain back to agar for a check?



Always the green.

Spawn looks good. Not hard to tell bad spawn. I only spawned the most recent batch to 1:2. Never put grain to agar.

Pretty sure its lack of fae. They grew all whacky, making loops back down into the substrate.

Ive been suspecting it. Took a trip to target to compare the purple handled boxes compared to the cheap ones i use. The purple offers a bigger gap. The tubs have a tendency to produce lots of condensation on the lids. I been choking them like a noob because I was cheap with my choice of boxes.





If your fae doesn't fix it, and you check your grains on agar, and you're still getting trich, try out a product called mgp+ by Dr. Myc! It's microbes and works crazy good for trich defense. It must be used with spring water and not tap water. Watch a video on how to use it. His instructions are shit on the package. And make a fresh batch every time you use it. This stuff seriously kicks trichs ass.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: GenesisCorrupted]
    #28985196 -

Yes .I believe they too big. cuz I am consistently running into the max upload limit for pictures and not able to post shit  for a few days at a time.


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: callmehippie]
    #28985218 -

That means you may have reached your weekly max.
There’s only two ways to fix that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: GenesisCorrupted]
    #28985223 -

How many days after spawning a shoebox should I be able to see little droplets of moisture?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: KryptKeeper]
    #28985227 -

As it colonizes. That’s dependent on all of your variables.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: GenesisCorrupted]
    #28985244 -

Does anyone know of a wire shelf, 36x36, 5 layers that's heavy duty?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: KryptKeeper] * 1
    #28985266 -

KryptKeeper said:
How many days after spawning a shoebox should I be able to see little droplets of moisture?



Normally starts to be more visible once fully colonized


--------------------
It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn
I'm tired do me a favor

I'M A MEMBER FIRST, TC WHEN NEEDED AND MOD WHEN I HAVE TO BE !!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: cronicr]
    #28985277 -

I've been having trich problems for months.

I doubled down on agar, and I have 3 clean plates.

I've been using oats, which I understand some people have problems with. I've been looking for Rye or other grains, but I can't seem to find anything reasonably priced near me. Closest analog I can find is millet, but it's like $70 for 20lbs. I tried it once but found the hydration iffy at best.

The only thing I can find is oats from a horse supply store.

Am I screwing myself by using oats?

I wash them really well, remove anything floating, boil until they start to burst and dry really well.

I really don't want to waste these cultures.


--------------------
I've got skills, they don't know where to use me
I'm like the best dressed guy at the nude beach
Nice to meet you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: GenesisCorrupted]
    #28985326 -

GenesisCorrupted said:
That means you may have reached your weekly max.
There’s only two ways to fix that.



What is weekly max?

In my Pics Tab i have "Total: 7,568 KB / 102,400 KB" and it not reseting. Can I post more than 102,400 KB?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: grzyp] * 1
    #28985352 -

If you become a supporter you don’t have to worry about upload limits


--------------------
Mehhh



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Wall.E]
    #28985354 -

Wall.E said:
If you become a supporter you don’t have to worry about upload limits



I know. But I want to know how it works if i'm not supporter.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: callmehippie]
    #28985357 -

callmehippie said:
Lol

They're the same tub just one with flash on the picture and one without. But having a feeling like this culture sshit.  it was untested so no surprise there and this is all I get from it. It never turns green or anything. is this just some sort of white fluffy mold?



i see knots on the two bottom pictures.
you might up the fae ever so slightly (might need a gentle mist once in a while to maintain surface) and leave it alone.
it should flush


--------------------
the observer is the observed
            j. krishnamurti


>The Hitchhiker‘s Guide to the Shroomery<

Edited by chris77 (10/14/24 01:08 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: chris77]
    #28985400 -





Cobweb ore Mycelium?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Fiet]
    #28985407 -

Fiet said:




Cobweb ore Mycelium?



mycelium


--------------------
the observer is the observed
            j. krishnamurti


>The Hitchhiker‘s Guide to the Shroomery<

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: PuffM4gicDr4gon]
    #28985426 -

CaptainPuffy said:
I've been having trich problems for months.

I doubled down on agar, and I have 3 clean plates.

I've been using oats, which I understand some people have problems with. I've been looking for Rye or other grains, but I can't seem to find anything reasonably priced near me. Closest analog I can find is millet, but it's like $70 for 20lbs. I tried it once but found the hydration iffy at best.

The only thing I can find is oats from a horse supply store.

Am I screwing myself by using oats?

I wash them really well, remove anything floating, boil until they start to burst and dry really well.

I really don't want to waste these cultures.



Naw you're fine molds are not a grain choice problem.


--------------------
It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn
I'm tired do me a favor

I'M A MEMBER FIRST, TC WHEN NEEDED AND MOD WHEN I HAVE TO BE !!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: chris77]
    #28985428 -

Hello guys, anyone has any idea of what could be happening to the mycellium on this plates?





Initially there were clean, wispy and even weak cultures but then they started developing these blobs and super thick strands weeks after the plate was fully colonized. I highly doubt these are contams because it took really long for it to appear and it started showing in all my old plates starting from the oldest one to the more recent. I don't know if the BRF agar could be the culprit.



Anyone knows what it could be? I want to know what is going on so I could decide if use them for LI or just throw them away. Thanks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Radamanto]
    #28985450 -

If you only have spores from (whats it called?) one genepool(?), one variety, one mushroom, is it possible to make it (much) more potent by selective cloning and printing or will they not change much at all unless you cross them with spores from a stronger variety?

Can you somehow induce mutations or is it just rare random luck?

When you put spores from a single print on agar, do they only mate with the most suitable mate, like feel each other out and skip if they don't match? Or do they mate with any? I've read that each spore have half the genes, so can you take two monokaryons from the same print and mate them and get something crazy? Something that otherwise wouldn't mate? Or can/do they reject each other if each others genes don't match to make a dikaryon?

Like this pale weak genetics I have? Will it always be weak or can I improve it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: PuffM4gicDr4gon] * 1
    #28985458 -

CaptainPuffy said:
I've been having trich problems for months.

I doubled down on agar, and I have 3 clean plates.

I've been using oats, which I understand some people have problems with. I've been looking for Rye or other grains, but I can't seem to find anything reasonably priced near me. Closest analog I can find is millet, but it's like $70 for 20lbs. I tried it once but found the hydration iffy at best.

The only thing I can find is oats from a horse supply store.

Am I screwing myself by using oats?

I wash them really well, remove anything floating, boil until they start to burst and dry really well.

I really don't want to waste these cultures.



You're getting contamination during grain spawn or after spawning to bulk?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 2211 | 2212 | 2213 | 2214 | 2215 | 2216 | 2217 | 2218 | 2219 | 2220 | 2221 | 2222 | 2223 | 2224 | 2225 | 2226 | 2227 | 2228 | 2229 | 2230 | 2231 | | Last >

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* quick question, finished colonizing? usefulidiot 1,848 1 04/06/03 04:31 PM
by kindkesey
* Quick Question grateful_head 1,233 2 08/18/01 01:40 PM
by Billyblastoff
* New to the boards, and a quick question to start ! Anonymous 1,825 4 03/11/02 01:18 AM
by 2shrewmen
* some quick questions about my treasure coasts alf 3,840 19 11/15/01 11:54 PM
by Anonymous
* Quick Question needs quick answer Wheedhead! 1,176 2 01/19/03 07:06 AM
by Wheedhead!
* quick question SuppaFly 1,039 1 09/18/02 02:41 PM
by mickey_rourke
* Re: Quick Question
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,529 22 06/14/00 03:46 AM
by hitterg
* Quick Question LXTC 1,801 11 09/24/02 08:09 PM
by LXTC

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,155,934 topic views. 11 members, 81 guests and 257 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.065 seconds spending 0.037 seconds on 18 queries.