Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 2210 | 2211 | 2212 | 2213 | 2214 | 2215 | 2216 | 2217 | 2218 | 2219 | 2220 | 2221 | 2222 | 2223 | 2224 | 2225 | 2226 | 2227 | 2228 | 2229 | 2230 | | Last >
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: cronicr]
    #28984901 -

How does this look? Has been 13 days since spawned.





Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: thesnowmiser]
    #28984906 -

I don't know for sure, and all I can tell you is from my personal experience, whenever the mycelium has looked like that for me it ends up getting trichoderma mold and I just toss it. Again, this is just from my experience!

In fact, this just happened about 2 weeks ago. I've started learning how to work with Agar to isolate mycelium from bacteria. As I understand, what you have there is mycelium that has been mixed or overtaken by some sort of bacterial growth.

I actually hope I'm wrong here!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: OzyMan.n6]
    #28984908 -

Or it's  overlay ... what is it ?....PE or Nats?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: LewDoja]
    #28984914 -

Cubes. I spawned 1/1 no casing. It doesn’t smell bacterial, but I suppose it still could be. The surface does have a “matted” feel to it. I just don’t know if I should do anything or hold tight.

Edited by thesnowmiser (10/13/24 04:20 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: callmehippie]
    #28984918 -

I agree with cronicr , but I'll add they do look pretty dry, if that's the case dump some water in there (with adequate FAE) and give em a couple  days before tossing , just in case.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: thesnowmiser] * 2
    #28984923 -

What variety of cube ?

Matting can be from misting or even too much condensation dripping...
Dial your fae in & Hold the course  13 days is still on par

Even if bacterial it might still flush

Edited by LewDoja (10/13/24 04:19 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Seriously_trippin]
    #28984932 -

Was the Lc tested clean ? Like Mr.P says still early. But looks soupy.

However the myc does look pretty rhizo.

What size filter is on there?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: LewDoja]
    #28984934 -

GT (leucistic). Yeah I have been misting like once a day, but I may slow down a bit. Beads of water stay in the middle, but the corners get a bit dry which is why I’ve been misting. Thank you, I’ll stay the course!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: thesnowmiser]
    #28984962 -

When ever misting make sure it's FINE soft spray not directly aimed at the sub.  Next time make your sub a little more hydrated. Or close up some FAE holes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: psychedelicmind] * 3
    #28984966 -

psychedelicmind said:
Is there a way to avoid it?



Try allowing your LME to fully dissolve into the water before heating it.  Depending on how fine your LME is, 10-20 minutes is usually enough.  If the LME has absorbed water and turned into rocks, it make take an hour or two for them to dissolve.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: PBJ710]
    #28984969 -

:whathesaid:
Additionally maybe not such a high ramp up ("9/10") and what level was water ("filled with water 90°C")?

Maybe coffee filter if it keeps up, before agar.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: LewDoja]
    #28984972 -

Can I dehydrate lme again after it has turned into a rock or am I going to make a goopy sticky mess?


--------------------
🌾💮🫘🥖

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Mr Piggy]
    #28984984 -

Seriously_trippin said:
I got an aio going right now and today was the first day I've seen growth but it's a tad worrisome.

Does this look like healthy growth to you guys?



Somehow it looks both spiky/rhizomorphic and creamy already :facepalm:

It is tidal wave and I've never grown a pe variety yet.



Mr Piggy said:
That grain bag is very wet.  it's a lil early to make a completely sure call, but I think you're cultivating bacteria soup there.



Yeah I was afraid of that ughhhh. I imagine there's nothing I can really do about it huh? Do you think I should take drastic measures and get some fae going? Maybe poke some holes or something? Or is it pretty much just fucked?

Or let me rephrase that, should I just let it ride and see what happens?


--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa, Jellyfish
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

Edited by Seriously_trippin (10/13/24 05:16 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: hellofresh] * 1
    #28985037 -

hellofresh said:
Can I dehydrate lme again after it has turned into a rock or am I going to make a goopy sticky mess?



I don't think it would get sticky, but I doubt it would turn back into a powder if that's what you're hoping for.  More likely the rocks would be even harder to dissolve in water.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: cronicr]
    #28985069 -

Lol

They're the same tub just one with flash on the picture and one without. But having a feeling like this culture sshit.  it was untested so no surprise there and this is all I get from it. It never turns green or anything. is this just some sort of white fluffy mold?


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Seriously_trippin] * 1
    #28985093 -

Seriously_trippin said:
Yeah I was afraid of that ughhhh. I imagine there's nothing I can really do about it huh? Do you think I should take drastic measures and get some fae going? Maybe poke some holes or something? Or is it pretty much just fucked?

Or let me rephrase that, should I just let it ride and see what happens?



Well if you poke holes in your grain bag contaminants are going to get in for sure.  What’s done is done, I’d probably let it ride for a minute before throwing it out, but don’t hold space for it.


--------------------
🅃🄴🄰🄼 🄸🄷🄾🄿


New to cultivation or the shroomery?  Observe the hitchhiker's guide

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery



Smellyhobbit said:
"Wiping a needle with isopropyl after flame sterilization is like shitting after you wipe your ass."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: callmehippie]
    #28985094 -

When running on modified shoes. Is cracking the lid or dub tub a quarter to half an inch sufficient for proper Fae and CO2 transference?

I just recently ran my first batch of mods. And the fruits were pretty skinny and weak and small.  Like this




And as you can see there's a small amount of spots on some of the Caps that look like they're starting to rot from being too wet and or not having that proper Fae which is what led me to believe my gaps in my lid situation aren't functioning adequately.



So should I continue forward and just go with modded shoes?

If that size of a gap doesn't allow enough Fae how come just a few small little holes around the walls above the sub does? It would seem like the holes would allow less Fae compared to a bigger Gap in the lid? Can someone please help clear this up a little bit for me?

I'm definitely not doubting or questioning anybody cuz I know nothing when it comes to this stuff. Just want to make sure my mushies are better in the future. So I am looking into modding my boxes unless it's not necessary..

I guess I'm looking for opinions on what's better?

should I go mod or unmod and does it make a difference whether it's a cracked lid or proper drilled holes?


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: callmehippie]
    #28985096 -

I asked this already in I'm not sure if it was answered. But I cannot find it. What's the best way to resize pictures for posting on here


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: callmehippie] * 2
    #28985099 -

Are your pictures too big?
ezgif.com
It’s a pretty easy way to do it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Mr Piggy]
    #28985108 -

Mr Piggy said:
Seriously_trippin said:
Yeah I was afraid of that ughhhh. I imagine there's nothing I can really do about it huh? Do you think I should take drastic measures and get some fae going? Maybe poke some holes or something? Or is it pretty much just fucked?

Or let me rephrase that, should I just let it ride and see what happens?



Well if you poke holes in your grain bag contaminants are going to get in for sure.  What’s done is done, I’d probably let it ride for a minute before throwing it out, but don’t hold space for it.



Thank you my friend :hug: yeah I'm already assuming the worst and I need to start working on some pf cakes ASAP. I will do just that let it ride, hope for the best plan for the worst.


It's in my "incubation" closet so one last question if it becomes clear it's bacterial and needs to go, will that have already contaminated my incubation area? It is sealed completely currently. Aside from the SHIP and filter.

If there's a chance it could contaminate the closet I need it out of there tonight.


--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa, Jellyfish
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 2210 | 2211 | 2212 | 2213 | 2214 | 2215 | 2216 | 2217 | 2218 | 2219 | 2220 | 2221 | 2222 | 2223 | 2224 | 2225 | 2226 | 2227 | 2228 | 2229 | 2230 | | Last >

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* quick question, finished colonizing? usefulidiot 1,848 1 04/06/03 04:31 PM
by kindkesey
* Quick Question grateful_head 1,233 2 08/18/01 01:40 PM
by Billyblastoff
* New to the boards, and a quick question to start ! Anonymous 1,825 4 03/11/02 01:18 AM
by 2shrewmen
* New to growing shrooms, I need a few questions answered. WakeboardrB 3,118 13 05/18/03 03:49 PM
by Artifice
* Quick Question needs quick answer Wheedhead! 1,176 2 01/19/03 07:06 AM
by Wheedhead!
* some quick questions about my treasure coasts alf 3,841 19 11/15/01 11:54 PM
by Anonymous
* quick question SuppaFly 1,039 1 09/18/02 02:41 PM
by mickey_rourke
* Re: Quick Question
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,530 22 06/14/00 03:46 AM
by hitterg

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,156,102 topic views. 13 members, 196 guests and 374 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.068 seconds spending 0.042 seconds on 18 queries.