Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 2209 | 2210 | 2211 | 2212 | 2213 | 2214 | 2215 | 2216 | 2217 | 2218 | 2219 | 2220 | 2221 | 2222 | 2223 | 2224 | 2225 | 2226 | 2227 | 2228 | 2229 | | Last >
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: cronicr]
    #28984729 -

Guess I gotta go to Home Depot 🤷🏼‍♂️


--------------------
Agar stuff

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: PhenoDreamers]
    #28984732 -

SupaThaRipper said:
What contamination are you getting out of curiosity and have you taken your grain back to agar for a check?



Always the green.

Spawn looks good. Not hard to tell bad spawn. I only spawned the most recent batch to 1:2. Never put grain to agar.

Pretty sure its lack of fae. They grew all whacky, making loops back down into the substrate.

Ive been suspecting it. Took a trip to target to compare the purple handled boxes compared to the cheap ones i use. The purple offers a bigger gap. The tubs have a tendency to produce lots of condensation on the lids. I been choking them like a noob because I was cheap with my choice of boxes.



--------------------



Edited by AspectOfTheCreator (10/13/24 01:57 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: AspectOfTheCreator]
    #28984762 -

i poured some plates n then accidentally stored them sideways while they were still hot so now all the agar is on one half of the tray instead of on the bottom. is it possible to remelt agar after its already in a tray? should i just pour more hot agar in?


--------------------
buy the ticket , take the ride

here and here are good places to start

:bunnypeace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: squigglez]
    #28984777 -

Agar melts easy just heat it back up


--------------------
It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn
I'm tired do me a favor

I'M A MEMBER FIRST, TC WHEN NEEDED AND MOD WHEN I HAVE TO BE !!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: squigglez]
    #28984782 -

I just punished this cake. Now I got some grains exposed. This is going to be okay or should I case it or something for the second flush



--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: AspectOfTheCreator]
    #28984784 -

AspectOfTheCreator said:
SupaThaRipper said:
What contamination are you getting out of curiosity and have you taken your grain back to agar for a check?



Always the green.

Spawn looks good. Not hard to tell bad spawn. I only spawned the most recent batch to 1:2. Never put grain to agar.

Pretty sure its lack of fae. They grew all whacky, making loops back down into the substrate.

Ive been suspecting it. Took a trip to target to compare the purple handled boxes compared to the cheap ones i use. The purple offers a bigger gap. The tubs have a tendency to produce lots of condensation on the lids. I been choking them like a noob because I was cheap with my choice of boxes.






Interesting so no Grain to Agar only Agar to Agar and Spores and LC to Agar bevore ad to Grains?


Here are my first ever Agar to Grain and it's looks Great

King O


Blue O

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: MycoKyle] * 1
    #28984791 -

MycoKyle said:
Guess I gotta go to Home Depot 🤷🏼‍♂️



Sandpaper, a knife, or even a rough stone from outside can effectively scuff up your lids. I just used a pocket knife.


--------------------
A Love Letter to New Growers
The 7 Edicts of Mushroom Cultivation as Decreed by Smellyhobbit

:kodama:


Anyone can get a canopy. But can you get what you want?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Fiet]
    #28984803 -

Just pressure cooked some MEA in an Erlenmeyer bottle tonight.

600 ml destilled water
12 g lme
12 g agar agar

Pressure cooker: Presto 23 quart

Mixed the ingredients, put the mixture into a pot a hit it to a boil.

Then filled it into the Erlenmeyer bottle and put it into the pc.

Filled the pc with water about 90 degree C.
Closed the the lid of the pc and put my stove on almost full power. (9/10)

When steam started to come out i vented for ten minutes, then i put the rocker on, let the pressure go to 15-16 psi and pressure cooked for 20 minutes. The stove was on 6/10 at the time.
After 20 minutes i turned the stove off and waited for the pressure to go to 0.

The result is a bottle of MEA with many many chunks inside.

Can anybody give me an advice what am i doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: callmehippie]
    #28984804 -

callmehippie said:
I just punished this cake. Now I got some grains exposed. This is going to be okay or should I case it or something for the second flush





Leave it, casing post first flush I'd never advise


--------------------
It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn
I'm tired do me a favor

I'M A MEMBER FIRST, TC WHEN NEEDED AND MOD WHEN I HAVE TO BE !!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: psychedelicmind]
    #28984806 -

psychedelicmind said:
Just pressure cooked some MEA in an Erlenmeyer bottle tonight.

600 ml destilled water
12 g lme
12 g agar agar

Pressure cooker: Presto 23 quart

Mixed the ingredients, put the mixture into a pot a hit it to a boil.

Then filled it into the Erlenmeyer bottle and put it into the pc.

Filled the pc with water about 90 degree C.
Closed the the lid of the pc and put my stove on almost full power. (9/10)

When steam started to come out i vented for ten minutes, then i put the rocker on, let the pressure go to 15-16 psi and pressure cooked for 20 minutes. The stove was on 6/10 at the time.
After 20 minutes i turned the stove off and waited for the pressure to go to 0.

The result is a bottle of MEA with many many chunks inside.

Can anybody give me an advice what am i doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.





Looks fine


--------------------
It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn
I'm tired do me a favor

I'M A MEMBER FIRST, TC WHEN NEEDED AND MOD WHEN I HAVE TO BE !!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Nichrome] * 1
    #28984828 -

I'm currently growing a strain called Starfrost. It's a cross between Starry Night PE, and Jack Frost. When do I harvest these? I've read it's best when the heads are fully open curly, and the gills turn blue.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: cronicr]
    #28984834 -

cronicr said:
Looks fine



Thanks, cronicr.
Are these chunks caramelization or something else?
Is there a way to avoid it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: OzyMan.n6] * 1
    #28984844 -

OzyMan.n6 said:
I'm currently growing a strain called Starfrost. It's a cross between Starry Night PE, and Jack Frost. When do I harvest these? I've read it's best when the heads are fully open curly, and the gills turn blue.





:shrug:  I'd probably yoink those, they look pretty prime.


--------------------
🅃🄴🄰🄼 🄸🄷🄾🄿


New to cultivation or the shroomery?  Observe the hitchhiker's guide

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery



Smellyhobbit said:
"Wiping a needle with isopropyl after flame sterilization is like shitting after you wipe your ass."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: OzyMan.n6]
    #28984848 -

I'm not sure tbh but you got a stellar crop there congrats! :drooling:  They're looking ready for harvest to me, caps have opened completely and theyre getting wavy but I really don't know.

Edit: Listen to the Tc they're like mushroom growing gods here to me


--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa, Jellyfish
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

Edited by Seriously_trippin (10/13/24 03:21 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Seriously_trippin]
    #28984863 -

I got an aio going right now and today was the first day I've seen growth but it's a tad worrisome.

Does this look like healthy growth to you guys?



Somehow it looks both spiky/rhizomorphic and creamy already :facepalm:

It is tidal wave and I've never grown a pe variety yet.


--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa, Jellyfish
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

Edited by Seriously_trippin (10/13/24 03:37 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Seriously_trippin] * 1
    #28984865 -

That grain bag is very wet.  it's a lil early to make a completely sure call, but I think you're cultivating bacteria soup there.


--------------------
🅃🄴🄰🄼 🄸🄷🄾🄿


New to cultivation or the shroomery?  Observe the hitchhiker's guide

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery



Smellyhobbit said:
"Wiping a needle with isopropyl after flame sterilization is like shitting after you wipe your ass."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Seriously_trippin]
    #28984869 -

I normally would have harvested! I've also seen where PE and Jack Frost strains are harvested after the gills turn blue and the tops curled back. :confused:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Seriously_trippin]
    #28984870 -

It's a really aggressive strain and I love the way it's filling out the tub!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: OzyMan.n6]
    #28984872 -

Toss or don't toss? It's been like this since 09-28

I'm basically bumping this. It keeps getting looked over. This is the last time I'll ask. Somebody please help.

Flash pics and no flash









--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: callmehippie]
    #28984890 -

First 2 don't look good


--------------------
It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn
I'm tired do me a favor

I'M A MEMBER FIRST, TC WHEN NEEDED AND MOD WHEN I HAVE TO BE !!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 2209 | 2210 | 2211 | 2212 | 2213 | 2214 | 2215 | 2216 | 2217 | 2218 | 2219 | 2220 | 2221 | 2222 | 2223 | 2224 | 2225 | 2226 | 2227 | 2228 | 2229 | | Last >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* quick question, finished colonizing? usefulidiot 1,852 1 04/06/03 04:31 PM
by kindkesey
* Quick Question grateful_head 1,238 2 08/18/01 01:40 PM
by Billyblastoff
* New to the boards, and a quick question to start ! Anonymous 1,829 4 03/11/02 01:18 AM
by 2shrewmen
* some quick questions about my treasure coasts alf 3,849 19 11/15/01 11:54 PM
by Anonymous
* Quick Question needs quick answer Wheedhead! 1,180 2 01/19/03 07:06 AM
by Wheedhead!
* quick question SuppaFly 1,044 1 09/18/02 02:41 PM
by mickey_rourke
* Re: Quick Question
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,542 22 06/14/00 03:46 AM
by hitterg
* Quick Question LXTC 1,806 11 09/24/02 08:09 PM
by LXTC

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,159,991 topic views. 17 members, 59 guests and 109 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.068 seconds spending 0.04 seconds on 18 queries.