Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 1921 | 1922 | 1923 | 1924 | 1925 | 1926 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1931 | 1932 | 1933 | 1934 | 1935 | 1936 | 1937 | 1938 | 1939 | 1940 | 1941 | | Last >
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: 999999999] * 1
    #28842528 -

Clay sub tek incoming

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: 999999999] * 2
    #28842607 -

Gleyck said:
just fucking around:
was at the store and saw this cheap "cat sand" make of 100% bentonite
Can bentonite replace vermiculite in Subs and BRF cakes?
It's 5 times cheaper than vermiculite in my hole of the world...
:bestcry:



It’s clay. I would think it will break down when you get it wet enough for our use. It does absorb a lot, but tends to clump up and form a dense mass when it’s got a lot of water in it. Could always try it and see. I’d be curious.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: TPython]
    #28842618 -

very rapid but very thin growth on agar. MIB red spore streak plate four days old. maybe hard to see from the pics, but the top 3/4 of the plate are covered, just very faint and wispy. is it probably all contam? anything to save or best start over? that's what I'm thinking but double checking in case this myc looks really different. edit: pan cyanescens





--------------------
Learn it, know it, live it


Edited by Mackload (07/08/24 03:38 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Mackload] * 2
    #28842639 -

Who has a good recipe for turbulent juice?


--------------------
Question everything, it's very responsive.

culture storage

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Nichrome] * 1
    #28842649 -

lol. binned it. soldiering on.


--------------------
Learn it, know it, live it


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Nichrome] * 3
    #28842667 -

Nichrome said:
Who has a good recipe for turbulent juice?



No, but I make a mean laminar float 🍨


--------------------
A Love Letter to New Growers
The 7 Edicts of Mushroom Cultivation as Decreed by Smellyhobbit

:kodama:


Anyone can get a canopy. But can you get what you want?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Nichrome] * 3
    #28842713 -

Nichrome said:
Who has a good recipe for turbulent juice?





--------------------
It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn
I'm tired do me a favor

I'M A MEMBER FIRST, TC WHEN NEEDED AND MOD WHEN I HAVE TO BE !!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Jrey16]
    #28842749 -

Jrey16 said:
Can I grow lions mane in the same room I grow cubes? I heard lions mane needs to grow in a cooler area. The room I grow cubes in is around 75-77 degrees.



Yes
My room got hot as fuck last couple days (i saw 88 on the thermometer) and lions mane have even gotten bigger


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: fnulnu]
    #28842879 -

Has anyone put these in a PC yet? Thinking of using them for small bottle tek grows to use up some leftover LC. They're pp5 so they might be okay?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: boxtrotalpha]
    #28842883 -

Look on the bottom. There should be a little triangle with arrows around it with a number in the center. If that number is five. Then you’re all good. If you don’t see a number or it isn’t five.
I wouldn’t put that in your pressure cooker.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: GenesisCorrupted]
    #28842893 -

It had the 5 which is what I thought was correct but I'm paranoid about trashing my pot with melted plastic but multiple votes for safe makes me feel better. Thanks homie

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: boxtrotalpha]
    #28842899 -

It’s when a product says that it is type five, but it doesn’t have the seal on the product that you have to be suspicious. People have been selling crap on Amazon passing it off as PP5.

If it has the seal on it though, it is legit.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Nichrome]
    #28843072 -

polypropylene or pp5 is the thermoplastic polymer. 5 is the code for pp


--------------------
----<><><>----
⁂ tail-lights, back-pockets, rearview mirrors ⁂

⁂ guides | grows | supreme air box | sporeaddict ⁂

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: GenesisCorrupted]
    #28843073 -

These jars of Zapotecorum were inoculated with too much LC 6/13, break and shake on 6/30, and they finally took over some time last week. I was afraid they got too much moisture in there
.
Do these look okay to send to a tub? I thought if they didn't at least I could try them in a pot outdoors.




--------------------
         

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Nichrome]
    #28843079 -

i dont have much experience with zapotecorum but the spawn looks better than the description would suggest which makes me hopeful.


--------------------
----<><><>----
⁂ tail-lights, back-pockets, rearview mirrors ⁂

⁂ guides | grows | supreme air box | sporeaddict ⁂

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: fiddle_head]
    #28843117 -

I leave my jars partially unscrewed. But after the PC they are sealed. Which means they suck in air and have a pretty high chance of contamination.
What can I do to prevent this?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: GenesisCorrupted]
    #28843121 -

Do you need to unscrew them if they have a filter in the lid? I have a micron filter and have left them fully screwed on. Haven't noticed any issues when pc'ing my jars this way.

Maybe I'm one pc away from exploded jars - who knows.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Das]
    #28843122 -

If they have a filter lid, then they don’t vacuum seal like that.
I’m trying to use unmodded lids. This has been the major hurdle I’m trying to get over.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: GenesisCorrupted]
    #28843125 -

GenesisCorrupted said:
If they have a filter lid, then they don’t vacuum seal like that.
I’m trying to use unmodded lids. This has been the major hurdle I’m trying to get over.



I might be wrong, but I think the fact they are sealed after pc'ing is actually a good sign.

During the heating process, air escapes from the jar through the loose lid and as the temp cools, this causes a vacuum which you are experiencing. The vacuum seal actually prevents air from getting back into the jar which should in theory be exactly what you are wanting to reduce contams. Gas is forced out but cannot re-enter due to the vacuum seal.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Das]
    #28843126 -

No, it’s bad because I need to put something into that jar so then it sucks in a bunch of air around it rapidly when opened.
I do this in an SAB, But that just means the air is getting pulled into the SAB, which is even worse.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 1921 | 1922 | 1923 | 1924 | 1925 | 1926 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1931 | 1932 | 1933 | 1934 | 1935 | 1936 | 1937 | 1938 | 1939 | 1940 | 1941 | | Last >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* quick question, finished colonizing? usefulidiot 1,852 1 04/06/03 04:31 PM
by kindkesey
* Quick Question grateful_head 1,238 2 08/18/01 01:40 PM
by Billyblastoff
* New to the boards, and a quick question to start ! Anonymous 1,829 4 03/11/02 01:18 AM
by 2shrewmen
* Quick Question LXTC 1,806 11 09/24/02 08:09 PM
by LXTC
* some quick questions about my treasure coasts alf 3,848 19 11/15/01 11:54 PM
by Anonymous
* Quick Question needs quick answer Wheedhead! 1,180 2 01/19/03 07:06 AM
by Wheedhead!
* quick question SuppaFly 1,044 1 09/18/02 02:41 PM
by mickey_rourke
* Re: Quick Question
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,542 22 06/14/00 03:46 AM
by hitterg

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,158,667 topic views. 22 members, 173 guests and 192 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.07 seconds spending 0.043 seconds on 18 queries.