Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineArchemetis
the ouija board
    #2870239 - 07/08/04 08:12 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

so im curious as to what you think about these boards...a thing 13 year olds pull out to scare their freinds with, by moving the shuttle? ....or somthing more than that, perhaps our subconcous thought taking form...or maybe contact with entities in another realm?

feel free to post personal expiriences as well...ill throw in my bit a little later.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
Re: the ouija board [Re: Archemetis]
    #2870310 - 07/08/04 08:32 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

A few months ago I started a thread about the wacky ouija board. It was interesting hearing from people who had experiences with them. I did a great deal of research on the ouija board at that time and there are some definite patterns associated with their use.

Some people experience no phenomena using them. Those who do have "contact" play out a familiar (to me) pattern. A typical case goes like this: a teenager becomes intrigued after hearing of a relative's board stored in the attic. They get it out and start using it. After much experimentation the planchette begins to move seemingly on its own. The kinds of answers made are typically innocent enough. But as the usage of the board increases very creepy things start to happen including physical manifestations which usually scare the hell out of the kids using the board.

I can believe they are attracting entities and communicating with them. My question is are the types of entities attracted inevitably malevolent? I've just read so many tales going bad, I'm not sure what accounts for the high numbers. People could be making shit up to scare their friends..I mean how entertaining is it to tell of an entity who says things like, "Love and light, my little beauties!"

I am curious enough to try one out for myself. My dilemma is I only know of one friend in the immediate area who I could talk into doing it. The thing is he has pretty bad mental problems, depression and such..I would hate to introduce anything negative into his life when he is already struggling as it is.

I could use it alone, but I live in an old large house right next to a Civil War era cemetary and have already had one incident that rattled me pretty good. I'm afraid that whoever or whatever is here will come through and will start doing scary shit. I do plan to use a board my last night here, however. I have heard ghosts attach themselves normally to places, not people. *crosses fingers*

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

OfflinephEight
fate
Loc: houston, tx
    #2870321 - 07/08/04 08:34 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

At a camp, me and a few other guys tried to use the board, but had no effect what so ever...

--------------------
"Is it so bad, then, to be misunderstood? Pythagoras was misunderstood, and Socrates, and Jesus, and Luther, and Copernicus, and Galileo, and Newton, and every pure and wise spirit that ever took flesh. To be great is to be misunderstood." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offlinesoylent_green
The greatEnitsuj
Female

Loc: Ontario
Re: the ouija board [Re: phEight]
    #2870361 - 07/08/04 08:40 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

i've never used one..but i'd be willing to try

--------------------
What fun is it in Nirvana while other beings are suffering?

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
Re: the ouija board [Re: soylent_green]
    #2870427 - 07/08/04 08:56 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Come on over!

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Anonymous

Re: the ouija board [Re: Jellric]
    #2870490 - 07/08/04 09:13 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I think if you actually ask to talk to a certain (type of) entity you'll have better results. Most people just ask whoever or whatever is hanging around, and that's why they get lackluster results, or end up channeling some disembodied spirit looking for fun. For good results try this:

1. Make your intentions clearly known both in mind and out loud. If you want to channel only helpful or "good" spirits, clearly intend that.

2. Ask for a specific type of entity. Try to be as specific as possible, whether it be your dead grand-dad or an alien from the 6th dimension or whateverthefuck.

Most kids who fool around with ouija boards don't even think of doing these two things. For anyone who is thinking of trying it out, be sure to try these.

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

#2870533 - 07/08/04 09:27 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I got in contact with something with 3 of my friends. Usually I'm pretty quick to find bullshit in things but I shit you not it moved whenever you asked a question. The answer wasnt intelligable though. It would constantly move around a single letter ("F") or the "Yes"/"No" markers at the top of the board.

I guarantee you no one was moving the shot glass (thats all we had, heh...we lost the indicator). It wasnt muscle reflexes either. I want to do it again in the same location to see if I can further communication.

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

InvisibleCosm
Questioning
Loc: somewhere
    #2870568 - 07/08/04 09:36 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Sounds like good advise Max Headroom.I hear these boards can be dangerous to one's psyche.

OfflineBlue_Apocalypse
Central NervousSystem

Loc: Illinois
    #2870597 - 07/08/04 09:47 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I used to get a kick out of moving that thing around and then acting shocked at what was happening. We used to do the whole 13 year-old seance ritual stuff and i would always do things like blow out the candle when they asked for a sign. How could they know? everyones eyes were closed. lol I still havent told them to this day that is was me.

Invisiblelearning_byte
click here
 User Gallery

#2870654 - 07/08/04 10:03 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I used to play with it a lot long time ago, that thing is totally crazy, if someone says is not true, well the thing is moving, not by you, and if is by you without doing on porpuse, i mean like your subconcius is even crazier.

From my experience, the more interesting thing to do is ask questions in your mind, and you get responses, that and little things, like one time i lost a stud of a piercing, it was in my pocket and i didnt know where i dropped it, so we were playing later on and i asked where it was? it said " 3 steps away form the gate outside" And It was indeed in that location.

My friend , that was playing more than me and way before, said that his air conditioner was turned off on the nights, and he was used to, that thing could be broken i told him, who knows, but he swore he was telling the truth.

At that age I was maybe 15 or around, and we were playing one time over my friend's house, my brother, his gf, his gf's sis, a buddy and me. And my friend in joke said "lets invoke the devil", well we started to play and tried to contact the usual entitie we were talking on the usual, her name was Monica, we contacted monica, and it was not her, btw when you play the speed of that varies, sometimes is just goes side to side opeacefully, sometimes it goes faster and you can tell the entitie is kinda stressed out with the questions, anyway, the speed of that thingy was far fast from what i have experienced before, realy fast and it would stop abruptally, we asked who it was and it said " I am the devil", it didnt stop writing, " I want you to come", we asked where, "to the darkness" "I want to live" "I want him" and the pointer when to my brother, out of the board, and came back, that never happened before. So it kept going super fast, and it started to spell "tell him to leave" "your friend is coming, tell him to leave or I kill him" and kept going around fraking fast, like 30 seconds later one of our friends appeared, we were playing in the stairs that went to the 2nd floor, so my friends pops up his head and said "hey guys" fucking crazy, we told him to leave, he did. We were trying to get whoever that was in the board to get out, but it wouldnt want to, we struggled like for like 10 minutes until it left. We were all terrorized, sweating cold, the girls were crying, the people holding the pointer was my brother's gf and me, and i didnt do shit, and if she did she is the best fucking actress in the world because she was the more that seemed affected, crying and all that.

So in my experiences i would say its pretty true, and if it done by your subconcious, like some people said, it would still be fascinating how it could work in those situations, specially that thing of asking the question in your mind, and get responses, we tried all of us several times, even the people not touching the cursor, just being there. One thing I remember it said to us one time to stop doing it cause he/she was feeling weak.

Eventually we stopped using it, that night we got a good scare.

--------------------

OfflineArchemetis
Re: the ouija board [Re: Blue_Apocalypse]
    #2870712 - 07/08/04 10:14 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

im really not sure what to think of them...a few years back my freinds and i pulled one out...we werent convinced at first that no one was moving it so we had those with their fingers on the shuttle blindfolded and the rest of us watched to see what was spelled out. an entity who called himself TSR came and future attempt to contact different entities never works...TSR claimed he was stuck in our board...anyway...we got a kick out of it for a while, for a while all this TSR would say to us was, kill this person then kill that person ect. and after awhile he said he wouldnt answer anymore questions until my buddy (the one from the beggining who refused to even touch it) would participate. so we finally conviced him to...TSR then tells us he is inside my buddy, so we're like bullshit and try to get him to prove it by having my freind leave the room and stare at an object...then we ask TSR what he's lookin at and he tells us the correct answer a pen.
so we were entertained by the board for awhile, and got tired of it...it seemed pretty harmless at the time but i still have no idea what to think of it. also somthing interesting is after my freind started messing with it more and more i noticed a change in him...his general outlook and vibrations were much more negetive...or maybe its all in my head. but some crazy shit did happen with that ouija board

Edited by Archemetis (07/08/04 10:19 PM)

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #2870925 - 07/08/04 10:53 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

The response of the Ouija Board is merely the action of the subconcious. This works with a pendulum as well (which is free). I can do automatic writing, but it works by the same mechanism. No spirits needed.

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

Re: the ouija board [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #2871111 - 07/08/04 11:30 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I'll need demonstratable proof, Hue. I simply dont buy that. My expirence was pretty weird and seemingly authentic (I know how my friends are and I'm 99.9666% positive they were not faking its movements).

I'm sortof skeptic as well, but I really dont think the muscle tension we had (if any, it was negigable) was enough to push the shotglass. And there is a pattern that ALWAYS surfaces when me and my friends use it. Always just "F." We questioned it many times to its name and it would stray off of the letter F a little bit and then immediately and quickly it returned to its exact original position. We asked a series of stupid questions and it seemed to give us non-sensible answers, but I asked what it thought about me (forgot the exact question) it responded "KIL." I then asked it to materialize and kill us all and my girl friend freaked out and put it away.

So, I'm going to conduct an expirement. I'm going to see if I can blindfold  the 3 of the original participants before they get a chance to view, and possibly memorize the board pattern (myself included), while another person records the responses on notebook and see if we get the same results. Or maybe use a video camcorder, to eliminate the extra 4th person variable.  I'll try to do this tomorrow at the same location we did it before.

So much work just to prove my illusory eyes incorrect :frown:

Peace :smile:

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind

Edited by psyka (07/08/04 11:32 PM)

InvisibleMellowMood
Dreamin Man
Loc: in the vast
    #2871179 - 07/08/04 11:44 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

i think a spirit just slapped the cookie out of my hand and onto the floor. I really liked it to...oatmeal and raisin...Think i might go get a board and ask it why. WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pottymouth:

--------------------
"Im a dreamin man
yes thats my problem
I cant tell when im
not being real"

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: the ouija board [Re: MellowMood]
    #2871208 - 07/08/04 11:49 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

"I'm sort of skeptic as well

Apparently not. If the power of the subconcious does not strike you as a credible explanation then you are not really looking for other answers.

"I'm 99.9666% positive they were not faking its movements"

I did not say the action of the subconcious was fake. You WANT to think it is spirits...the spirit is much to subtle for that sort of trick.

Edited by Huehuecoyotl (07/09/04 12:01 AM)

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

#2871268 - 07/09/04 12:02 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Hue, if I were not a skeptic I would not be performing this expirement because I would have already found what I believe to be the truth. I have seen what I have seen, and I am going to prove my sight incorrect. Just because I do not take on the mainstream skeptic approach doesnt mean I dont intend to know the truth in which I perceive it.

I understand that if entities did actually control the Ouija board shopkeepers would not sell it or make so much money off of it due to fear. Do not for a second think I will believe my lying senses without any expirementation.

"You WANT to think it is spirits..."

You WANT to think it is NOT spirits...

What do you do if hear voices in your dark mysterious attic? You go in, turn on the lights and shut the window.

------------------------------------------------
So briefly explain to me how the subconscious did this. I understand patterns could be recognized on the board and subconsciously mapped in the brain and cause the body to attract towards certain letters. But what if they were blind and had no point of reference in which to navigate the board?

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind

Edited by psyka (07/09/04 12:07 AM)

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: the ouija board [Re: psyka]
    #2871301 - 07/09/04 12:09 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

If you want to conduct a proper experiment produce some info that only a party that has not participated in the experiment has written down and locked away in a neutral location. Produce such evidence and you will be recieved in a credible fashion. I do, as a student of shamanism, by the way, believe in spirits, but I don't believe just any nonsense I read either. One must constantly question one's own experience as well.

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

#2871335 - 07/09/04 12:18 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Agreed. However, I do not personally understand the nature of the spirit. Re-read my expirement. Having an identicle scenario for the expirement is pretty important (maybe to the entity as well) so with that I choose to keep the same party. If the results are the same I'll try to do it with 3 other people who havent played seen/played an ouija board yet and see if it is just subconscious mapping.

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order