Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
Ouija boards
    #1768043 - 08/01/03 02:54 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Anyone have any experience with one?
If so I would like to hear what happened. (Including nothing at all.)

I have never given much thought to ouija boards until recently. I don't know why as I have explored virtually every other form of spirituality in some fashion. I have read a number of accounts of people who say they've used them and there seems to be a common pattern in the stories. I won' t say what I perceive that to be right now in order not to prejudice any responses.

I am developing my own thoughts as to what lies behind such things and before I try it myself I would like to hear any stories of ppl who frequent this forum because most ppl here have given a lot of thought to such matters. In other words you are typically not teenagers looking to be scared shitless during a slumber party.

For now, please limit your responses to your OWN personal experiences with a ouija board- NOT what your sister or cousin told you.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Re: Ouija boards [Re: Jellric]
    #1768392 - 08/01/03 05:47 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I remember at School some girls did one and all ran out of the toilets screaming after they recieved a message.

One of the girls would then cry abruptly for the next 2 weeks because she thought a black blob was stalking her!

I don't particularly believe but the psychological impact could be disturbing enough itself!

Personally I would rather not mess just in case.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1768396 - 08/01/03 05:52 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

When I was a young man (many years ago) I used a WeeGee board with friends.

We watched it move around but all it ever spelled was gibberish.

At least we thought so at the time. It spelled out:

Bush will rule the world! j/k

InvisibleTrippeeChik
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1768523 - 08/01/03 08:34 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

i played with it once about 11 years ago with 2 other friends. we were in the garage with just the dim garage lite and it was raining. i forgot what we asked it but the thing started moving slowly and it didnt make sense at first. so we asked if it was there with us. it started to spell 'I - W - I - L - L - S - H - O - W - Y', simultaneously there was a loud thunder outside. at that moment we all threw everything on the floor and ran in circles. it was left outside my friends door that nite. i remember she said one time it ended back in her room after she did that. i dunno, i didnt really believe her. i dont think anything happened that time tho. we never talked about it afterwards and i have never really thot about it until last year. (with conclusions to how that event coincides with a 10 year span of my life)

--------------------
look buddy,,

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: Ouija boards [Re: TrippeeChik]
    #1768573 - 08/01/03 09:15 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

we spent one halloween in a grave yard trying to do the board. Nothing happened apart from us pushing it around ourselves trying to freak each other, later on just me and a friend had our fingers on the glass and were just chatting not calling out to the spirits or anything like that. The glass started moving towards me and i told my friend to stop pushing. He took his finger away and it carried on moving towards me, pushing against my finger. I lost it and took my finger off straight away. My friends informed me this meant I was from that point possesed by the devil!

--------------------
Always Smi2le

InvisiblePinhead
Oregano
Male

Loc: Hootersville
Re: Ouija boards [Re: TrippeeChik]
    #1768798 - 08/01/03 11:23 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I've used them years ago,I'll try and remember back that far :wink:.My brother and I would use the Quija board.Quite often it seems that it would require a warm up period of about 10-15 mins. before the indicator would get moving. At times it would move wildly,sometime shooting right off the board!!I would get answers to my questions.My brother could'nt spell at the time,so I know he was'nt purposely manipulating the pointer.I beleive that subconsiously I must of been controling the pointer,my brother being only 6 years old.The answers as far as I remember either could'nt be confirmed or turned out to not be true..In either case were useless.I would'nt beleive anything it told you..but still fun to play with.

Offlinestinkynuts138
journeyman

Re: Ouija boards [Re: Pinhead]
    #1768856 - 08/01/03 11:56 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

i dont understand how it could work. it's a peice of cardboard with letters on it made by a toy company. unless it was cursed by some which or damned by god or something, i dont think it would work.

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
Re: Ouija boards [Re: stinkynuts138]
    #1768874 - 08/01/03 12:07 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

The most likely explanation is that it works by picking up signals from the subconscious of one or more of the people touching the glass. I don't know if anyone has studied exactly how the subconscious thoughts are translated to muscle movements, but I think that should be some very interesting research.

OfflineMindTrap
Disembodiedvoice
Loc: It's all in your head...
Re: Ouija boards [Re: Rhizoid]
    #1768877 - 08/01/03 12:10 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I've tried it twice and both times got startling results.

Check it out. Pretty fucking wild. It'll fuck with your head..

OfflineMindTrap
Disembodiedvoice
Re: Ouija boards [Re: MindTrap]
    #1768882 - 08/01/03 12:12 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

"i dont understand how it could work. it's a peice of cardboard with letters on it made by a toy company. unless it was cursed by some which or damned by god or something, i dont think it would work. "

It's PK in my opinion. Try it for yourself.

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
    #1768897 - 08/01/03 12:25 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I did try it several times, long ago. I don't remember any details, but the board produced very clear messages every time one specific girl was present. She was also the one who was the most freaked out by the messages. When she removed her finger, the messages changed to meaningless garble.

If it was psychokinesis, no touching of the glass would be necessary for it to move, right?

InvisiblePinhead
Oregano
Male

Re: Ouija boards [Re: stinkynuts138]
    #1768902 - 08/01/03 12:26 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

stinkynuts138 said:
i dont understand how it could work. it's a peice of cardboard with letters on it made by a toy company. unless it was cursed by some which or damned by god or something, i dont think it would work.

Oh,it does work..but I'm not convinced its anything other than the user's subconsious.

OfflineMindTrap
Disembodiedvoice
Re: Ouija boards [Re: Rhizoid]
    #1768916 - 08/01/03 12:30 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

It's micro PK. And people have observed macro PK while using the board (but a skeptic would simply disregard this a hallucination or whatever since PK is not real). A skeptic will say that the planchette moves by involuntary muscle movements but I have asked the (whatever it is) to spin the planchette around and it has literally pulled my hand. I do believe that it is the result of the subconcious mind though and not just one person but all present. I say this because I have had it answer questions which only I know and it has answered them.

Telepathy and PK.

Try it for yourself. It will not prove the existance of an afterlife or anything to you but if it works you should be thouroughly wigged out by it.

OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
    #1768948 - 08/01/03 12:43 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

it would be interesting to see if a home made board would produce the same results, or what if you didnt even need the board but used different objects....

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

OfflineMindTrap
Disembodiedvoice
Re: Ouija boards [Re: CleverName]
    #1768952 - 08/01/03 12:45 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

You can make a board out of printer paper and a shot glass. It doesn't matter.

The thing is just a focus for your subconcious mind.

InvisiblePinhead
Oregano
Male

Re: Ouija boards [Re: CleverName]
    #1768955 - 08/01/03 12:48 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

CleverName said:
it would be interesting to see if a home made board would produce the same results, or what if you didnt even need the board but used different objects....

Homemade board does work.So Parker Bros.is'nt using any specialy prepared or cursed material.Just make sure the surface is smooth.

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
Re: Ouija boards [Re: Pinhead]
    #1770297 - 08/01/03 06:19 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I've never tried one, but as a skeptic I did do some research. What I remember is that we trick ourselves into believing that the pointer is not being moved by us. This is because there are more people holding the pointer, so our own arm movement only partially adds direction to the pointer. Therefor our brain thinks it's being moved by something else.
Now the collective subconsious of the group will sometimes guide the pointer to a logical answer. But if the group is too diverse only gibberish will appear.
I'm sure there is more info on this on the web, but I don't want to look it up right now.

--------------------
futuretribe.space

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Ouija boards [Re: cybrbeast]
    #1770557 - 08/01/03 07:25 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

What if you did an ouiga board on shrooms? What would that be like?

Anonymous

Re: Ouija boards [Re: MOTH]
    #1770585 - 08/01/03 07:35 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

What do you wish to know about Ouija?
My boards have been in movies, and there is a 10 page interview with me in a popular book :smile: Oui is the french word for yes, Ja is the german word for yes. So the "Yes Yes" board was found to be in existance as early as the egyptian civilizations way before any "Jesus" walked the earth. The correct way to say Ouija is WE-JA, and never WEEGEE. What else do you wish to know? 

Anonymous

#1770604 - 08/01/03 07:44 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Oh experiences, personally? I have alot of stories. I have seen the Ouija crawl across the floor (the actual board). Make dead babies call on the phone, shake beds, ect. Next I shall post a pic of one of my hand created boards to prove I'm not bullshitting you :wink: Stay tuned........... 

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology