Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Anonymous

Re: Ouija boards [Re: Jellric]
    #1773906 - 08/02/03 08:21 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

You don't have to channel "evil" spirits if you don't want. If you're expecting to contact negative entities you will, because then they'll be attracted to you. If you concentrate with an open mind on contacting a positive entity you'll get one eventually, it'll just take some patience. Once you make contact with someone, simply ask them if they're a discarnate soul. If they don't give you a direct answer or they start fucking with you then you wouldn't want to be talking to them anyway, now would you? So just start over and keep trying.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMindTrap
Disembodiedvoice
Loc: It's all in your head...
Re: Ouija boards [Re: ]
    #1774071 - 08/02/03 09:14 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I've always heard that like attracts like in this regard. If you go out looking for a scary experience you'll find one.

Anonymous

Re: Ouija boards [Re: MindTrap]
    #1774091 - 08/02/03 09:22 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

True, but some objects hold energy before one obtaines them. This makes antique Ouijas much fun.

Anonymous

#1774160 - 08/02/03 09:47 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

The Swami board:

OfflineDrubuShrume
EAT ME - I'm afungi

Loc: Right where I need to be
    #1774287 - 08/02/03 10:25 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I heard a long time ago that the board will not work if there is a bible in the room.

--------------------
AH HA....

Anonymous

Re: Ouija boards [Re: DrubuShrume]
    #1774299 - 08/02/03 10:30 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

The bible thing has been passed on and passed on. The bible would not affect a Ouija's use as it was used before the Bible was ever written.
Some other rumors:

Holy water placed in the center of the board will destroy it.

Never place two boards in the same room.

Never sleep in the same room as the board.

OfflineMindTrap
Disembodiedvoice
    #1774371 - 08/02/03 10:53 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

If you guys want an old wooden board then check out Ebay. They always have some for sale.

There's even this rare (I've never seen one before) Ouija pendulum on sale. I was thinking of grabbing that for my collection.

If anyone wants to try a table tipping seance in the NE I'll come. Let me know. I have yet to try it.

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #1774801 - 08/03/03 02:05 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Well I'm definately not looking for one, but in terms of my expectations I consider it likely that I will meet one at some point. Would this in itself make it more likely I will encounter one?

Quote:

I've always heard that like attracts like in this regard. If you go out looking for a scary experience you'll find one.

I have a strong will and if it came down to a battle, I'd bet on me under normal circumstances, but then again here we have a situation where one entity is in a non-physical realm and one is not. Have you ever heard the quote going something like ,"A dead witch is much more powerful than a live witch."? I have had a couple of OBE's and I can tell you that the powers of my mind were a hundred times stronger in that state. Also, an ill-willed entity in that state would have instant access to your inner thoughts- the ultimate mind-fucker!!

Heck for all we know , ALL of the entities in a potential pool of contactees are, well, evil. If the stories I've read are true, most contacts start out innocent enough then progress to being disturbing. I mean if a stranger wants to gain entry to your house and your confidence, he would start out being nice and helpful. Once he gained your trust he would slowly begin acting out of his inner nature.

It sounds like playing with fire.
Then again, fire has its uses..

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Edited by Jellric (08/03/03 02:08 AM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #1774965 - 08/03/03 05:37 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Who was it that said 'faith the size of a mustard seed can move mountains'?

Jesus said that, so what? 2000 years and millions of Christians later, not a single mountain has been moved by faith.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineMindTrap
Disembodiedvoice
Re: Ouija boards [Re: Swami]
    #1775032 - 08/03/03 07:22 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Hey pitdawg, why are you so convinced that the movements of the planchette are due to spirit or whatever?

I mean I have yet to find any evidence to suggest that. Why couldn't the movements be the result of the sub-concious mind?

Anonymous

Re: Ouija boards [Re: Jellric]
    #1775035 - 08/03/03 07:28 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Jellric,

If a board crosses your path, try it.
As you state it is playing with fire, yet
it has many uses. It is highly unlikely that you will
find one at the local store now. The last thing PB came up with was the "glow in the dark" board. There is some ineteresting reading on W. Fuld and PB, check the net. (The factory was burnt down, ect.)
Consider a Ouija a tool, much like tarot. It's the individual
that can control it. BTW if anyone out there is reading this and has any older odd boards they wish to rid themselves of PM me.....

Anonymous

#1775037 - 08/03/03 07:35 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

MindTrap said:
Hey pitdawg, why are you so convinced that the movements of the planchette are due to spirit or whatever?

I mean I have yet to find any evidence to suggest that. Why couldn't the movements be the result of the sub-concious mind?

They can be the result of the mind, I am not claiming they are spirits. What I do think, but haven't been able to figure out, is that they are either:

A. The result of energy left behind by death, i.e. "spirits"

or

B. The subconcious mind becoming awake and altering the physical environment.

I will also tell you the boards that I make have no greater power than a Ouija made from a piece of cardboard obtained from last nights pizza box.

OfflineMindTrap
Disembodiedvoice
    #1775039 - 08/03/03 07:44 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

"Jesus said that, so what? 2000 years and millions of Christians later, not a single mountain has been moved by faith."

The human race is full of capabilities that have yet to be attained. Why do you put so much faith in empirical data which in constantly being revised?

I find it hard to believe that our current level of scientific understanding can account for all of the anomalies.

Can you locate conciousness in fixed space? I can't.

I think it is much more healthy to be open-minded to alternative ideas. It's the anomalies that produce revolutions in science.

OfflineMindTrap
Disembodiedvoice
    #1775056 - 08/03/03 08:02 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

"It sounds like playing with fire."

All I can say is that I have never felt intimidated or threatened by it (even though I have been threatened).

You will find that you will communicate with personailities which closely resemble people on the street so to speak. They can be rude, obnoxious, kind, threatening, considerate, etc., etc..

You've read all the bad stories online about becoming possessed, and poltergeist activity, etc.. I have a hard time believing this stuff myself but here's a story my aunt swears by.

According to her she was sitting with her daughter and another female friend. Well she claims they started communicating with the thing (for lack of a better term) which claimed to be a demon and proceeded to insult and threaten them. Since she had been using these boards for years she felt oblivious to the idea and challenged the thing to prove itself to her.

Well, according to her she got more then she bargained for by doing this since she proceeded to fall into trance and her daughter and friend witnessed objects being thrown about the room and other general craziness. They apparently brought her to the hospital after for a nervous breakdown.

Now even I have a hard time believing this story and this is my family we're talking about. Regardless, that's what they claim. Should I just assume that they are nuts? Try it and decide for yourself. The only way you'll know is through objective experience.

Edited by MindTrap (08/03/03 08:06 AM)

Anonymous

#1775063 - 08/03/03 08:08 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Try it and decide for yourself. The only way you'll know is through objective experience.

And that, my friend, is the bottom line. I will tell you they DO work.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order