Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | | Last >
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: rumfor69]
    #27937064 -

rumfor69 said:
Jars are fine to just use right away no problem there. I recommend 4 of the 1/8" holes for gas exchange. But I'm not sure how clean ur dishes are. They're showing odd growth patterns from the activated charcoal so it tough to know if they're clean cultures.



It's not charcoal, it's black food coloring. I think the odd looking growth is multi spores germinating in one spot. I'll be cutting wedges from the edges, away from the clusters. IDK, looks pretty clean to me. Thanks for the quick reply.

Any other thoughts more than welcome! Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: shigmon] * 1
    #27937068 -

If that’s the first plate from inoculation  with spores you may as well just have squirted the spores into the jars. Same thing at that point if I’m not mistaken. IE likely not clean until proven otherwise.

Edited by Screwup (09/06/22 11:24 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: shigmon]
    #27937072 -

Yeah 4 holes and an sfd



--------------------

Links For Beginners And Beyond:mspoil:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: rumfor69]
    #27937076 -

Oh wait maybe I did a 3/8th hole cause yours are way smaller. Perhaps I’ll try your way as well though and see if there’s any difference. Thanks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: shigmon]
    #27937077 -

shigmon said:
rumfor69 said:
Jars are fine to just use right away no problem there. I recommend 4 of the 1/8" holes for gas exchange. But I'm not sure how clean ur dishes are. They're showing odd growth patterns from the activated charcoal so it tough to know if they're clean cultures.



It's not charcoal, it's black food coloring. I think the odd looking growth is multi spores germinating in one spot. I'll be cutting wedges from the edges, away from the clusters. IDK, looks pretty clean to me. Thanks for the quick reply.

Any other thoughts more than welcome! Thanks



Ahhhh ok cool. You definitely will want to cut transfers to new plates then before going to grain. These look good for germ plates but you have to transfer them to new dishes a couple times before going to grains imo


--------------------

Links For Beginners And Beyond:mspoil:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Screwup]
    #27937090 -

Screwup said:
Oh wait maybe I did a 3/8th hole cause yours are way smaller. Perhaps I’ll try your way as well though and see if there’s any difference. Thanks!



I like it cause it creates a small plenum underneath the disk for ge to happen across the surface imo instead of happening all at once in one spot maybe. I dunno.


--------------------

Links For Beginners And Beyond:mspoil:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Screwup]
    #27937092 -

Screwup said:
If that’s the first plate from inoculation  with spores you may as well just have squirted the spores into the jars. Same thing at that point if I’m not mistaken. IE likely not clean until proven otherwise.



Your 666th post, ha fun stuff! I didn't ask if it was clean enough to inoculate grain with, did I. I am perfectly ok with killing 2 birds with one stone and taking transfers to other agar plates AND inoculating some grain jars also. I'm really ok with the high stakes gamble of losing a couple of grain jars for some meds sooner by a month. Otherwise, thanks for your positivity.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: rumfor69]
    #27937110 -

rumfor69 said:
Ahhhh ok cool. You definitely will want to cut transfers to new plates then before going to grain. These look good for germ plates but you have to transfer them to new dishes a couple times before going to grains imo



I will definitely do the transfers. Thanks. But I need the meds, and I'm gonna knock up some grain also and gamble a 60qt tub. Damn right I am! :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: rumfor69]
    #27937115 -

Hope someone here can help, didn't get any responses on dedicated threads...

What are these brains with ears? Was a multispore hodge podge of PE and B+



They don't bruise blue but they pass Ehrlich.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: toadstooled]
    #27937120 -

toadstooled said:
Hope someone here can help, didn't get any responses on dedicated threads...

What are these brains with ears? Was a multispore hodge podge of PE and B+



They don't bruise blue but they pass Ehrlich.



I have no idea what those are but I don't think cubensis. Especially if you aren't seeing any bluing.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Nichrome]
    #27937121 -

Hey, I have to harvest some tall one's in my tubs cause their veil broke and I don't want spores everywhere. I'll call it my first first flush!

Do I just leave the white stuff on the bottom of the stem/stipe? Or leave it and just straight into the dehydrator?

Also what temp/duration for the dehydration?



Thank you...

:sun:


--------------------


Mushroom Cultivation Techniques...

Edited by Grogu (09/06/22 11:57 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Grogu]
    #27937133 -

shroomsurf said:
Hey, I have to harvest some tall one's in my tubs cause their veil broke and I don't want spores everywhere. I'll call it my first first flush!

Do I just leave the white stuff on the bottom of the stem/stipe? Or leave it and just straight into the dehydrator?

Also what temp/duration for the dehydration?



Thank you...

:sun:



It's up to you if you want to clean up the fruits. I personally cut the bottom portions off and save them for making tea with. You can also just kinda rub that stuff off once dry.

As far as temp no idea I don't have a adjustable dehydrator I believe mine gets to around 165° but not sure. I dry for around 24hrs. Usually a little more. Harvest and begin drying in the morning. Remove from dehydrator sometime the next day whenever I can get around to it.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Grind365]
    #27937139 -

Grind365 said:
shroomsurf said:
Hey, I have to harvest some tall one's in my tubs cause their veil broke and I don't want spores everywhere. I'll call it my first first flush!

Do I just leave the white stuff on the bottom of the stem/stipe? Or leave it and just straight into the dehydrator?

Also what temp/duration for the dehydration?



Thank you...

:sun:



It's up to you if you want to clean up the fruits. I personally cut the bottom portions off and save them for making tea with. You can also just kinda rub that stuff off once dry.

As far as temp no idea I don't have a adjustable dehydrator I believe mine gets to around 165° but not sure. I dry for around 24hrs. Usually a little more. Harvest and begin drying in the morning. Remove from dehydrator sometime the next day whenever I can get around to it.



Thank you, I redid the picture so you can have a reference to their size as is the one in the upper left corner bigger than my hand :shocked:...lol


--------------------


Mushroom Cultivation Techniques...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: knupKlY]
    #27937194 -

knupKlY said:




So my cake has been put into fruiting conditions for 17 days now and I see the mycelium reaching out, so lack of FAE and I have stepped up to misting twice a day and fanning throughout the day so around 5-6 a day. There is also a lottt of water droplets on the mycelium, not pooling up, but it won’t evaporate, I believe that’s the reason I am not getting pins. The tub is in my closet so no moving air, I was thinking about putting a fan under the desk.

Any tips to upping the FAE and getting air circulation in the closet would be great!

Noob tis I



it looks like they're really wet.

i use unmodified tubs and just crack the lids (put them on upside down, or slightly rotated, just so there is an air gap).
Previously i would mist the hell out of my tubs (maybe just once a day) but once i decided to change up my approach and just use unmodified tubs and crack the lid, and stop misting, i started getting really good coverage. don't love them to death, just let them be freee!

i think if you crack the lid, or put it upside down and stop misting you'll be fine!


--------------------
My small photo collection here
My smaller grow log here
Some tips for taking photos of your progress when seeking help here

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: psilocybebonsai]
    #27937204 -

Thank you! I cracked it and will see what that does in a few hours, my liner is also really scuffed, and I don’t have a casing layer on poo. But thank you and Hopefully it turns out alright


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Nichrome]
    #27937311 -

Quick question. Having the choice between getting MSS or LC, both from a commercial supplier, is there much of a difference for a PFTEK to shoebox grow?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Bajazly] * 1
    #27937315 -

Bajazly said:
Quick question. Having the choice between getting MSS or LC, both from a commercial supplier, is there much of a difference for a PFTEK to shoebox grow?



The MSS will have to germinate, and the LC will already be germinated so it might just be about how fast they get going as does the LC usually come from a live culture (Real Grown Mushroom), which is a piece of the mushroom stem that is put into the LC...

But always take your MSS/LC to agar first to avoid contamination!

Hope I said that correctly?

:sun:


--------------------


Mushroom Cultivation Techniques...

Edited by Grogu (09/06/22 02:15 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Grogu]
    #27937327 -

This is a first time grow and I'm not set up for agar yet so that is why I chose to start with PFTEK. All the reading I've done seems like that is the preferred way to start and go from there. Seems LC might be a better way but nor sure. The vendor only has one of the varieties, hope that is the correct terminology, I want so one will def be MSS.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Bajazly]
    #27937329 -

Bajazly said:
This is a first time grow and I'm not set up for agar yet so that is why I chose to start with PFTEK. All the reading I've done seems like that is the preferred way to start and go from there. Seems LC might be a better way but nor sure. The vendor only has one of the varieties, hope that is the correct terminology, I want so one will def be MSS.



It all depends on how clean the MSS/LC is...

I got lucky with a semi-clean syringe/MSS but still had a little bacterial but it flushed ok as did I go straight to 50qt tub and I missed the joy of PFTEK so I can't comment on PFTEK, but some do a 6 qt tub and you could get a spawnbag, put agar into it then into the 6qt tub but it's all up to your desires and current information...

Have fun...

:smile:


--------------------


Mushroom Cultivation Techniques...

Edited by Grogu (09/06/22 02:27 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Grind365]
    #27937331 -

MSS is a crapshoot.

Edited by CowsPoopShrooms (10/14/22 05:18 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | | Last >

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* quick question, finished colonizing? usefulidiot 1,852 1 04/06/03 04:31 PM
by kindkesey
* Quick Question grateful_head 1,238 2 08/18/01 01:40 PM
by Billyblastoff
* New to the boards, and a quick question to start ! Anonymous 1,829 4 03/11/02 01:18 AM
by 2shrewmen
* some quick questions about my treasure coasts alf 3,846 19 11/15/01 11:54 PM
by Anonymous
* Quick Question needs quick answer Wheedhead! 1,180 2 01/19/03 07:06 AM
by Wheedhead!
* quick question SuppaFly 1,044 1 09/18/02 02:41 PM
by mickey_rourke
* Re: Quick Question
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,542 22 06/14/00 03:46 AM
by hitterg
* Quick Question LXTC 1,806 11 09/24/02 08:09 PM
by LXTC

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,158,458 topic views. 21 members, 84 guests and 211 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.