Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 399 | 400 | 401 | 402 | 403 | 404 | 405 | 406 | 407 | 408 | 409 | 410 | 411 | 412 | 413 | 414 | 415 | 416 | 417 | 418 | 419 | | Last >
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: Stable Genius]
    #27871191 -

Quote:
Russiaphobia



Basic facts .


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: christopera] * 1
    #27871200 -

christopera said:
Just for fun, I did one more.

I used Yandex, which is a Russian search engine.

https://yandex.com/search/?text=sovereign+internet+russian+times&lr=21218&p=0

The RT isn't in the first five pages reporting on the sovereign internet law.

You'd think a world leader in free speech, on a Russian search engine, inside the Russian sovereign internet, could turn up a few articles reporting on their own internet laws.

The RT is so woke they don't report the bad news.



Why does RT need to publish some random idea that you've picked out? That's a strawman.

I just did a search for "sovereign internet law australia" Does this prove any more than your search? I don't think so.

I'm not worried about the media in Russia, look what my government thinks about internet freedom.

Quote:
The Commonwealth would have power over the Internet in Australia. Under s 51(v) of the Constitution it has power in respect of 'postal, telegraphic, telephonic and other like services'. The phrase 'other like services' indicates the power was designed to cover new technological developments.



https://www.aph.gov.au/about_parliament/parliamentary_departments/parliamentary_library/pubs/rp/rp9596/96rp35

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: SirTripAlot]
    #27871204 -

Imagine being so butthurt,  that you restrict access to Twitter.

https://www.reuters.com/technology/twitter-says-its-site-is-being-restricted-russia-2022-02-26/


--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: Psilynut2] * 1
    #27871205 -

Psilynut2 said:
Quote:
Russiaphobia



Basic facts .



There's NOTHING factual about your RT bashing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: SirTripAlot]
    #27871207 -

SirTripAlot said:
Imagine being so butthurt,  that you restrict access to Twitter.

https://www.reuters.com/technology/twitter-says-its-site-is-being-restricted-russia-2022-02-26/



That's almost as bad as Twitter restricting access to people it doesn't agree with.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: Stable Genius] * 1
    #27871222 -

Yeah all that censorship on twitter that christopera won't even acknowledge is a problem, :rofl:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: Stable Genius] * 1
    #27871224 -

Stable Genius said:
christopera said:
Just for fun, I did one more.

I used Yandex, which is a Russian search engine.

https://yandex.com/search/?text=sovereign+internet+russian+times&lr=21218&p=0

The RT isn't in the first five pages reporting on the sovereign internet law.

You'd think a world leader in free speech, on a Russian search engine, inside the Russian sovereign internet, could turn up a few articles reporting on their own internet laws.

The RT is so woke they don't report the bad news.



Why does RT need to publish some random idea that you've picked out? That's a strawman.

I just did a search for "sovereign internet law australia" Does this prove any more than your search? I don't think so.

I'm not worried about the media in Russia, look what my government thinks about internet freedom.

Quote:
The Commonwealth would have power over the Internet in Australia. Under s 51(v) of the Constitution it has power in respect of 'postal, telegraphic, telephonic and other like services'. The phrase 'other like services' indicates the power was designed to cover new technological developments.



https://www.aph.gov.au/about_parliament/parliamentary_departments/parliamentary_library/pubs/rp/rp9596/96rp35



It's an obvious and verifiable example of how Russia skews exposure to information, news, and data that might provide negative information about the government.

If you can't see how that very obvious example could be extrapolated to their traditional news media (verified by my own information I provided in this thread), an organization that is literally owned by the government, then you my man are blind.

There is no strawman, I literally searched the RT for information they should have reported on if they are the bastion of free speech and a woke world view as you and others have claimed. It doesn't exist.

If you do a search on net neutrality in the US you get 29M results via google. The dichotomy is obvious. Russia controls their media right down to the RT and their search results.

https://www.google.com/search?q=us+net+neutrality


--------------------
Enjoy the process of your search without succumbing to the pressure of the result.

A Dorito is pizza, change my mind.

I’m sorry it had to be me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: chopstick]
    #27871226 -

chopstick said:
Yeah all that censorship on twitter that christopera won't even acknowledge is a problem, :rofl:



I am all for Twitter censoring Twitter, they own the platform. You come in my house and say stupid shit like that, I kick you out. It's my house.

However, the comparison you tried to make is obvious nonsense. The Russian government is censoring Twitter, Facebook, Google, you name it. Go down to pharmacy and get some laxatives, your head is firmly stuck in your ass if you think your comparison makes any sense.


--------------------
Enjoy the process of your search without succumbing to the pressure of the result.

A Dorito is pizza, change my mind.

I’m sorry it had to be me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: koods] * 2
    #27871237 -

koods said:
I’m sure RT is very emotionally satisfying for someone who is rabidly anti American



As a rabid anti American, yeah, sometimes. But you’re a fool if you don’t approach any outlet, specifically one run BY the state, without acknowledging the implicit bias.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: chopstick] * 1
    #27871239 -

chopstick said:
Yeah all that censorship on twitter that christopera won't even acknowledge is a problem, :rofl:



Wasn’t Elon Musk supposed to save that platform?

Oh yeah it turned out he never really gave a shit, and just used it as an opportunity to dump highly overvalued Tesla stock.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #27871244 -

Elon saved Twitter by crashing its value. Does that count?

Not that I care, Twitter is garbage and the people that think it some sort of public service are very confused. Life in the internet age... Some people aren't cut out for it.


--------------------
Enjoy the process of your search without succumbing to the pressure of the result.

A Dorito is pizza, change my mind.

I’m sorry it had to be me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: christopera] * 1
    #27871258 -

christopera said:
chopstick said:
Yeah all that censorship on twitter that christopera won't even acknowledge is a problem, :rofl:



I am all for Twitter censoring Twitter, they own the platform. You come in my house and say stupid shit like that, I kick you out. It's my house.

However, the comparison you tried to make is obvious nonsense. The Russian government is censoring Twitter, Facebook, Google, you name it. Go down to pharmacy and get some laxatives, your head is firmly stuck in your ass if you think your comparison makes any sense.



So you are for censorship of things which are harmful to the ruling classes. Got it. As I said, you won't ever acknowledge anything is a problem :rofl:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: chopstick] * 4
    #27871261 -

How are you gonna be a boilerplate conservative and rail against private property? :lmafo:

Develop a consistent ideology I’m begging you.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: chopstick]
    #27871263 -

I don’t think you actually got it.


--------------------
Enjoy the process of your search without succumbing to the pressure of the result.

A Dorito is pizza, change my mind.

I’m sorry it had to be me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: Stable Genius]
    #27871266 -

Stable Genius said:
SirTripAlot said:
Imagine being so butthurt,  that you restrict access to Twitter.

https://www.reuters.com/technology/twitter-says-its-site-is-being-restricted-russia-2022-02-26/



That's almost as bad as Twitter restricting access to people it doesn't agree with.



Twitter has terms of service because it has free speech rights. The government limits Twitter access because of censorship.

You’ve completely lost the plot dude


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: The Ecstatic] * 2
    #27871286 -

The Ecstatic said:
How are you gonna be a boilerplate conservative and rail against private property? :lmafo:

Develop a consistent ideology I’m begging you.



Wow, it's almost as if somebody can take up different positions on different things according to their personal sense of morality!

Amazing, isn't it?

But oh no, I said some things that are considered conservative positions, so now I am only allowed to think entirely along traditional republican lines!

At any rate, the censorship on twitter is not just an issue in regards to private property. It is an issue of a handful of elites attempting to establish total control over the flow of information. By extension, controlling what people think. The fact that anybody here is OK with that is amazing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: chopstick] * 1
    #27871328 -

What do you think should be done


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: chopstick] * 2
    #27871347 -

Which elites are trying to establish control over the flow of information on Twitter? Elon?

A handful of elites have literally established control over the flow of information in Russia when the government established the single register. They did so in 2012. The RT is part of that system, but also their entire internet is controlled by it. They have an entire department dedicated to it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roskomnadzor
https://www.infosecurity-magazine.com/blogs/russia-uses-single-register-law-to-selectively-blo/
https://www.hrw.org/news/2020/06/18/russia-growing-internet-isolation-control-censorship


You are here bitching about Twitter controlling the property it owns, while proposing elites are controlling it, meanwhile in Russia the government literally is controlling Twitter, Google, Facebook, and everything else via a centrally controlled internet. Twitter is optional, it sucks anyways, but at least the government isn't censoring it in the US. Twitter is free to operate as they see fit. Really, the Twitter topic is a red herring by you and the others attempting to espouse the legitimacy of RT. Sadly, I don't think it is even on purpose. I just think you guys are too ignorant to see how the internet works, to see how Russia censors on a massive scale.

https://www.top10vpn.com/research/websites-blocked-in-russia/

Let's have a look.

Quote:
2,384 websites have been blocked in Russia since Feb 24 due to content relating to the invasion of Ukraine.

Notable bans: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Google News, BBC News, NPR, Die Welt, AOL, Ukrayinska Pravda, Meduza.io, Interfax-Ukraine, Radio Liberty/Radio Free Europe sites, Voice of America, The Telegraph, Bellingcat, Amnesty International and Chess.com.

Ukrainian domains (902) were the most frequently blocked, followed by Russia (276) and the U.S. (57, excl. mirror domains).

News sites: 1,773 domains now blocked:

503 Ukraine news sites, including 150 local news outlets and 101 national news sites.

154 Russian news services, including 38 independent news sites.

15 public broadcasters from around the world.

141 foreign news sites based in 23 countries outside of Russia and Ukraine.

Digital resistance: Russia has blocked 472 domains that contribute to Ukraine’s digital war effort, including:

249 hijacked domains displaying counter-propaganda messages.

107 counter-propaganda sites often showing graphic images of civilian and military casualties.

47 sites showing support for Ukraine, many of which are limited to simple banners or badges.

26 civil society sites, including Amnesty International, Human Rights Watch and 13 Ukrainian charities and other non-profits.

14 government domains, including Ukraine’s Office of the President website, the official website of Ukraine and the nation’s Health Ministry site.



Then there is you, worried about Twitter kicking Donald Trump off for breaking the rules.


--------------------
Enjoy the process of your search without succumbing to the pressure of the result.

A Dorito is pizza, change my mind.

I’m sorry it had to be me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: Stable Genius]
    #27871351 -

Quote:
There's NOTHING factual about your RT bashing.



    All I said is that it's state run news , it's censored by the state and Putin is in charge of the state .
  Are those things up for debate ?


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #27871352 -

The Ecstatic said:
How are you gonna be a boilerplate conservative and rail against private property? :lmafo:

Develop a consistent ideology I’m begging you.



Developing a consistent ideology is antithetical to the modern right.

Well, apart from (((that))) ideology, of course. Which is still unpopular. Right now, the more vague the better, until they are in a position to do their thing where they arrest all the Democrats and leftists and torture them as punishment for the great crime of thinking people should have rights.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 399 | 400 | 401 | 402 | 403 | 404 | 405 | 406 | 407 | 408 | 409 | 410 | 411 | 412 | 413 | 414 | 415 | 416 | 417 | 418 | 419 | | Last >

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Military families grow angry with state of Iraq war Zahid 1,050 4 10/30/03 02:21 PM
by PsiloKitten
* Bush's rush to Iraq War Helping al-Qaida fft2 538 0 07/14/04 01:49 AM
by fft2
* The Irish-Iraqi War Anonymous 1,211 4 03/06/03 02:57 AM
by GazzBut
* Is lying about the reason for a war an impeachable offense?
( 1 2 all )
LearyfanS 3,893 38 06/20/03 05:08 PM
by Anonymous
* Yushchenko Certain Ukraine Government Poisoned Him usefulidiot 1,020 6 12/24/04 12:29 PM
by Annapurna1
* A message from the Ukraine Krishna 733 1 11/26/04 07:53 AM
by question_for_joo
* Doctors: Ukrainian opposition leader poisoned zahudulallah 466 0 12/11/04 07:48 AM
by zahudulallah
* Arm yourself with info- 60 reasons we shouldnt be at war
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
PsiloKitten 12,382 93 11/02/13 08:08 PM
by Yogi1

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
413,617 topic views. 2 members, 8 guests and 12 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 16 queries.