Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 398 | 399 | 400 | 401 | 402 | 403 | 404 | 405 | 406 | 407 | 408 | 409 | 410 | 411 | 412 | 413 | 414 | 415 | 416 | 417 | 418 | | Last >
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: Stable Genius]
    #27870943 -

Quote:
lol I like RT, it’s a different perspective



    That's the same as saying I like the Russian govt or  I think Putin's cock tastes great !


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: Psilynut2] * 1
    #27870964 -

More stupid shit.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: Psilynut2] * 1
    #27870974 -

Psilynut2 said:
They are censored by the Russian govt first .
  The govt that puts people in jail for criticizing their war . In our case it actually means less censorship since RT's stories are censored and approved by the Kremlin .



Stable Genius said:
Approved by the Kremlin?

:archiebunker:



Ya, source or make believe?

People like Ed Schultz, Abby Martin, and Lee Camp have all said RT allows them to say things that the mainstream media won't allow (click the links for testimony from each person).


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 5
    #27871018 -

Quote:
‘Oddly enough, if you talk to most reporters, most of the reporters I know who are giving me stories about censorship, about top-down control and all, are ex-reporters. They’re often people – I began noticing, “Well I used to work for Associated Press…”, or “Well, I used to work for CBS…” – “Well I used to…” The ones who are still in there absolutely vehemently deny that there’s any such thing like this. They get very indignant. They say: “Are you telling me that I’m not my own man? I’ll have you know that in 17 years with this paper I always say what I like.” And I say to them: “You say what you like, because they like what you say.”

‘And, you know, the minute you move too far – and you have no sensation of a restraint on your freedom. I mean, you don’t know you’re wearing a leash if you sit by the peg all day. It’s only if you then begin to wander to a prohibited perimeter that you feel the tug, you see. So you’re free because your ideological perspective is congruent with that of your boss. So you have no sensation of being at odds with your boss.‘




‘Michael Parenti – Inventing Reality', talk on 17 October 1993)




--------------------

Edited by shivas.wisdom (07/20/22 11:12 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: shivas.wisdom] * 1
    #27871026 -

\
shivas.wisdom said:
Quote:
They say: “Are you telling me that I’m not my own man? I’ll have you know that in 17 years with this paper I always say what I like.” And I say to them: “You say what you like, because they like what you say.”

‘And, you know, the minute you move too far – and you have no sensation of a restraint on your freedom. I mean, you don’t know you’re wearing a leash if you sit by the peg all day. It’s only if you then begin to wander to a prohibited perimeter that you feel the tug, you see. So you’re free because your ideological perspective is congruent with that of your boss. So you have no sensation of being at odds with your boss.‘




‘Michael Parenti – Inventing Reality', talk on 17 October 1993)



In other words, you have no counter-argument to why RT lets people say things that the American media doesn't. No explanation for why RT engages in less censorship than American media.

Gee, it's almost as if.. the truth being told benefits Russia, while it doesn't benefit the United States. They don't call it the 'Empire of Lies' for nothing.

When you have an opponent whose entire strategy is to just lie.. to build a glass house based on nothing but lies, then their greatest enemy is not any single one individual or country or movement, but the truth itself.

The truth is the greatest enemy of the Empire of Lies. And that is why they will allow for truth on RT, but never on establishment controlled media. One has an interest in the truth being told and the other doesn't. It really is that simple. Too bad you will deny this until the end of your existence :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: chopstick] * 1
    #27871042 -

The US during the cold war, pioneered the foreign propaganda tactic of the 'uncommon truth' - and enshrined the position of the 'rebel media' providing those lied to and oppressed a beacon of truth lmao.... & of course they hand pick topics to report on that are underreported in the targeted country for political/societal reasons as to appear as the more exclusive source. Which in some cases could be beneficial if that information aligned with what one desired to be educated on.

None of that however negates an extreme bias.


--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #27871121 -

That interview with Ed Schultz is a good one, Psilynut2 needs to watch it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: chopstick]
    #27871129 -

Can't one watch RT from within the United States? If truth is the biggest opponent of the USA, why is one allowed to hear RT wax poetic on American soil?


--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: SirTripAlot] * 1
    #27871132 -



--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #27871158 -

Quote:
Ya, source or make believe?



    Are you kidding me ? RT is state run TV . Putin is in charge of the state .  You have something else to say about it ?


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: Psilynut2] * 1
    #27871160 -

western news is owned by billionaires =bad

state run media control by the state via a single billionaire(Putin)=trustable

:lolsy:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: twighead] * 2
    #27871164 -

There is absolutely no question that Russia censors their news media. We know this because many of their reporters have fled during the war era, we know it because they passed a law the punishes reporters for publishing anti war news, we know the Kremlin fines Facebook and Google for allowing information they deem illegal. The list goes on and on.

In 2018 the Russian government made Facebook take this down. It was too offensive to the government. Their words, not mine.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2016878521976357&set=pb.100009626867407.-телефон.телефон.&theater

In fact Russia leads the world in requests for content removal by like 10 fold.

https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-59687496

Russia has a system called the single register that works to centrally censor all of their internet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_censorship_in_Russia#:~:text=Since%202012%2C%20Russia%20maintains%20a,domain%20names%2C%20and%20IP%20addresses.

How about back in September when the government threatened Youtube for deleting RT channels?

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-58737433

Quote:
In the Russian argument, RT DE had already received a warning from YouTube for breaching coronavirus misinformation guidelines.

It was given a week-long suspension from posting on the platform.

During this time, RT used a second channel - Der Fehlende Part - to upload content which also violated these policies.

As a result, both were deleted by YouTube.

But the move may have repercussions.

Internet service providers in Russia can limit or block the flow of data to websites, as instructed by the government.

The state used these powers in March to restrict access to Twitter after Roskomnadzor said it failed to remove around 3,000 posts allegedly involving banned contentIn the Russian argument, RT DE had already received a warning from YouTube for breaching coronavirus misinformation guidelines.




How about the sovereign internet law?

Quote:
The Sovereign Internet Law (Russian: Закон о «суверенном интернете») is the informal name for a set of 2019 amendments to existing Russian legislation that mandate Internet surveillance and grants the Russian government powers to partition Russia from the rest of the Internet, including the creation of a national fork



All of this isn't to say that RT doesn't do good reporting, but to believe it is some bastion of free press, free speech, and leads the world in some sort of top tier press the rest of the world isn't capable of is hilariously retarded. You can't even browse a free and open internet, to assume the state run press is somehow magically allowed to run amuck and report as they wish, nope, that is dumb.

You RT diehards wouldn't know that though, because the RT isn't reporting on any the above topics, is it?

Well, let's have a look.

https://www.google.com/search?q=sovereign+internet+russian+times

I went through five pages and not a single RT article on the sovereign internet law. It's not looking good, boys.


--------------------
Enjoy the process of your search without succumbing to the pressure of the result.

A Dorito is pizza, change my mind.

I’m sorry it had to be me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: mushboy] * 1
    #27871170 -

Stable Genius said:
(5 months, 5 days ago) https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27649677#27649677
Quote:
Stable Genius said: I’m just speculating, but I’d be willing to take a bet on a pipeline failure before summer



Just sayin, but it seemed such obvious leverage  :shrug:




Looks like I got this wrong. How do I know? Read it on RT

Like go check out today's news articles it's friggen balanced and they point out the stupid shit the EU and the U.S. are doing. Where else are you going to get that + the other sides opinion? CNN? MSNBC? Fox? Sky?  I doubt it, maybe Tucker Carlson.

Go find something on that page to back up your assertions, if you can.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: Stable Genius]
    #27871177 -

I’m sure RT is very emotionally satisfying for someone who is rabidly anti American


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: christopera] * 1
    #27871178 -

christopera said:
All of this isn't to say that RT doesn't do good reporting, but to believe it is some bastion of free press, free speech, and leads the world in some sort of top tier press the rest of the world isn't capable of is hilariously retarded.



Quote:
Merkel comments on Russia-Ukraine conflict for first time
The former German chancellor has condemned Moscow’s “war of aggression” and expressed solidarity with Kiev



https://www.rt.com/news/556516-merkel-comment-russia-ukraine-conflict/

Looks like free speech to me?
I thought Putin called the shots at RT? He's going to be pissed when he reads that article from June 2nd. Heads are gonna roll, journo's will be poisoned :flowstone:

Get your mum to check under the bed for reds before she tucks you in 'k

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: koods] * 1
    #27871181 -

koods said:
I’m sure RT is very emotionally satisfying for someone who is rabidly anti American



I like most of you guys, except hysterical Democrats, do you know any?

Also, it's your government that sucks, worst fucking government in the history of mankind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: Stable Genius]
    #27871182 -

Just for fun, I did one more.

I used Yandex, which is a Russian search engine.

https://yandex.com/search/?text=sovereign+internet+russian+times&lr=21218&p=0

The RT isn't in the first five pages reporting on the sovereign internet law.

You'd think a world leader in free speech, on a Russian search engine, inside the Russian sovereign internet, could turn up a few articles reporting on their own internet laws.

The RT is so woke they don't report the bad news.


--------------------
Enjoy the process of your search without succumbing to the pressure of the result.

A Dorito is pizza, change my mind.

I’m sorry it had to be me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: Stable Genius] * 2
    #27871185 -

Stable Genius said:
christopera said:
All of this isn't to say that RT doesn't do good reporting, but to believe it is some bastion of free press, free speech, and leads the world in some sort of top tier press the rest of the world isn't capable of is hilariously retarded.



Quote:
Merkel comments on Russia-Ukraine conflict for first time
The former German chancellor has condemned Moscow’s “war of aggression” and expressed solidarity with Kiev



https://www.rt.com/news/556516-merkel-comment-russia-ukraine-conflict/

Looks like free speech to me?
I thought Putin called the shots at RT? He's going to be pissed when he reads that article from June 2nd. Heads are gonna roll, journo's will be poisoned :flowstone:

Get your mum to check under the bed for reds before she tucks you in 'k



Why would Putin call the shots?

You have to manufacture consent my dude, every once in a while a dissenting opinion is required. There are peer reviewed articles on the subject.

Feel free to find me something on the RT about their mass internet surveillance.

Here, I will help you.

https://www.rt.com/search?q=sovereign+internet

Zero results pertaining to their own internal censorship of the internet at large.


--------------------
Enjoy the process of your search without succumbing to the pressure of the result.

A Dorito is pizza, change my mind.

I’m sorry it had to be me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: christopera] * 1
    #27871186 -

christopera said:
Why would Putin call the shots?




Psilynut2 said:
RT is state run TV . Putin is in charge of the state .



Russiaphobia.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: Stable Genius]
    #27871187 -

Putin doesn't have time to micromanage media. I am sure they have entire state departments to do it.

The Russian Times is literally state owned, you get that?


--------------------
Enjoy the process of your search without succumbing to the pressure of the result.

A Dorito is pizza, change my mind.

I’m sorry it had to be me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 398 | 399 | 400 | 401 | 402 | 403 | 404 | 405 | 406 | 407 | 408 | 409 | 410 | 411 | 412 | 413 | 414 | 415 | 416 | 417 | 418 | | Last >

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Military families grow angry with state of Iraq war Zahid 1,050 4 10/30/03 02:21 PM
by PsiloKitten
* Bush's rush to Iraq War Helping al-Qaida fft2 538 0 07/14/04 01:49 AM
by fft2
* The Irish-Iraqi War Anonymous 1,211 4 03/06/03 02:57 AM
by GazzBut
* Is lying about the reason for a war an impeachable offense?
( 1 2 all )
LearyfanS 3,893 38 06/20/03 05:08 PM
by Anonymous
* Yushchenko Certain Ukraine Government Poisoned Him usefulidiot 1,020 6 12/24/04 12:29 PM
by Annapurna1
* A message from the Ukraine Krishna 733 1 11/26/04 07:53 AM
by question_for_joo
* Doctors: Ukrainian opposition leader poisoned zahudulallah 466 0 12/11/04 07:48 AM
by zahudulallah
* Arm yourself with info- 60 reasons we shouldnt be at war
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
PsiloKitten 12,382 93 11/02/13 08:08 PM
by Yogi1

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
413,638 topic views. 1 members, 0 guests and 6 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.013 seconds on 18 queries.