Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | | Last >
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: Stable Genius]
    #27714212 -

Stable Genius said:
There goes the U.S. stockmarket.



My guess is Germany will do it (pay for gas in Rubles).  There goes the US dollar.

We're already seeing that the Russian Ruble has almost made a full recovery since the start of the war:



--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Edited by Falcon91Wolvrn03 (03/30/22 03:10 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: Kwyjibo]
    #27714215 -

Kwyjibo said:
How is he a war monger if he doesn’t want the war to be happening in the first place? Who else do you think is a war monger?



We think the war never should have started in the first place.  But the US continues to drag this out, because we're not ready to admit Crimea should remain part of Russia per the wishes of the people who live there.

That now seems to be the remaining sticking point in the negotiations.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: nooneman]
    #27714280 -

The US isn't the one dropping bombs on apartment buildings in Ukraine.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: nooneman]
    #27714291 -

Why are Ukrainian soldiers hiding in apartment buildings?  There is tons of video evidence for this, but you won't see it on mainstream sources like Twitter, YouTube, and Facebook.

I guess censorship is good if you want to put out a false narrative, but you'll never see me supporting censorship, like the people in this thread did.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: Stable Genius]
    #27714295 -

Stable Genius said:
Kwyjibo said:
Stable Genius said:
The war mongers here won’t watch it



What war mongers?



koods said:
Stable Genius said:
https://www.euronews.com/my-europe/2022/03/29/ukraine-war-investigations-launched-into-video-of-alleged-torture-of-russian-prisoners



Awwww did the poor Russian invaders get tortured. Awww poor things.

Personally I would have just shot them in the head. Why even waste time taking prisoners.



:cookiemonster:

This war monger. Posting from the safety of his keyboard espousing war crimes.

Show him anything that doesn't fit his narrative, he ignores it and keeps babbling on :thumbdown:



Lol the only reason there’s a war is the war criminal Putin sent his troops into a sovereign country.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 3
    #27714297 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Why are Ukrainian soldiers hiding in apartment buildings?  There is tons of video evidence for this, but you won't see it on mainstream sources like Twitter, YouTube, and Facebook.





Because Russia has invaded their country.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #27714298 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Why are Ukrainian soldiers hiding in apartment buildings?  There is tons of video evidence for this, but you won't see it on mainstream sources like Twitter, YouTube, and Facebook.

I guess censorship is good if you want to put out a false narrative, but you'll never see me supporting censorship, like the people in this thread did.



Maybe they live there? That’s what happens when your home is attacked. You defend it.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Edited by koods (03/30/22 03:58 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: Stable Genius]
    #27714305 -

Stable Genius said:
Another video for koods to ignore. Refugee talking about Azov regiment shooting at civilians, ah they're just stinky Russian speaking civilians who cares right?

https://southfront.org/refugees-on-crimes-of-azov-regiment-afu-and-right-sector-video/




Southfront is a Russian website. If they don’t give you the kremlin narrative, they go to prison for 15 years:

How can you be so naive?


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: Stable Genius]
    #27714307 -

Stable Genius said:
There goes the U.S. stockmarket.



The stock market is 500 points off its record highs. Wtf are you talking about?


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: koods] * 1
    #27714309 -

koods said:
Maybe they live there? That’s what happens when your home is attacked. You defend it.



Locals were complaining about Ukrainian forces moving into schools, hospitals, apartment buildings, etc.  I get your point that they should be able to do that when being attacked, but that makes those places legitimate military targets.  :shrug:


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #27714310 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Stable Genius said:
There goes the U.S. stockmarket.



My guess is Germany will do it (pay for gas in Rubles).  There goes the US dollar.

We're already seeing that the Russian Ruble has almost made a full recovery since the start of the war:





This is a very limited representation of what is occurring.

2 big issues here. One long term and one short term.

1: Russia, by demanding a breach in standing contracts, will have far less credibility on the global market. This does have a significant chance of impacting Russia's trade value over time. For reference if you look at the serious threat of consequences for a country engaged in a global market, even during the Cold War Russia didn't abandon any of their contractual agreements. This is a drastic step. And the only potential safety net here is China.

2: Germany (and others) have already put plans in place to ignore this request. In a best case scenario for Russia, Germany does go ahead and purchases gas while paying in Ruples. But as the contract no longer stands as stated, they purchase significantly less than the contract states. In a worst case scenario, there is no purchase at all, losing the entirety of the trade value. Either way the reality is a trade loss, even if it helps momentarily and largely symbolically against the impact of sanctions.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: koods]
    #27714313 -

koods said:
Southfront is a Russian website. If they don’t give you the kremlin narrative, they go to prison for 15 years:

How can you be so naive?



No, if they knowingly publish fake news they can go to prison for 15 years.

Can you even make just one correct statement that isn't immediately debunked?  :flowstone:


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: Kwyjibo] * 2
    #27714315 -

Kwyjibo said:
Stable Genius said:
Kwyjibo said:
Stable Genius said:
The war mongers here won’t watch it



What war mongers?



koods said:
Stable Genius said:
https://www.euronews.com/my-europe/2022/03/29/ukraine-war-investigations-launched-into-video-of-alleged-torture-of-russian-prisoners



Awwww did the poor Russian invaders get tortured. Awww poor things.

Personally I would have just shot them in the head. Why even waste time taking prisoners.



:cookiemonster:

This war monger. Posting from the safety of his keyboard espousing war crimes.

Show him anything that doesn't fit his narrative, he ignores it and keeps babbling on :thumbdown:



How is he a war monger if he doesn’t want the war to be happening in the first place? Who else do you think is a war monger?



Anyone that upvoted the ghoulish posts cheering dead Russian soldiers.

They have lost sight of their humanity. It’s not cool.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: Stable Genius]
    #27714318 -

Any opinion on the dead Ukrainian civilians?

You and falcon seem to be missing a crucial piece of this picture here.

EDIT - the fuck's going on with the reply function? Fixed it now.

Edited by ONE OZ SLUG (03/30/22 04:16 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #27714320 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Why are Ukrainian soldiers hiding in apartment buildings?  There is tons of video evidence for this, but you won't see it on mainstream sources like Twitter, YouTube, and Facebook.

I guess censorship is good if you want to put out a false narrative, but you'll never see me supporting censorship, like the people in this thread did.



You support Russia, which has completely shut down independent media and blocked access to western news sources.

Nobody here takes you seriously.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: Stable Genius]
    #27714323 -

Stable Genius said:
Anyone that upvoted the ghoulish posts cheering dead Russian soldiers.

They have lost sight of their humanity. It’s not cool.



Please explain how being against a war makes someone a warmonger. Is defending the bombing of apartment buildings and hospitals not ghoulish?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: Kickle]
    #27714328 -

Kickle said:
1: Russia, by demanding a breach in standing contracts, will have far less credibility on the global market. This does have a significant chance of impacting Russia's trade value over time. For reference if you look at the serious threat of consequences for a country engaged in a global market, even during the Cold War Russia didn't abandon any of their contractual agreements. This is a drastic step.



I'm not sure what "breach" you're referring to; can you be more specific?  Russia said it would continue to honor its existing gas contracts, and is even allowing them to pay Gazprombank in Euros (which would then convert the payments into rubles.)  Regardless, the foreign exchange reserves of the Bank of Russia were frozen by the EU member states, in violation of international law.  How does that impact the credibility of the EU over time?

Kickle said:
2: Germany (and others) have already put plans in place to ignore this request. In a best case scenario for Russia, Germany does go ahead and purchases gas while paying in Ruples. But as the contract no longer stands as stated, they purchase significantly less than the contract states. In a worst case scenario, there is no purchase at all, losing the entirety of the trade value. Either way it's a net loss even if it helps against the impact of sanctions.



Russia doesn't care if Europe buys its gas or not; China would love to buy it.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: ONE OZ SLUG]
    #27714331 -

ONE OZ SLUG said:
Any opinion on the dead Ukrainian civilians?



I disagree with what appears to be the current US position - that we're willing to fight a proxy war with Russia down to the last Ukrainian.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #27714335 -

Well you're right. It looks like Russia is walking back the "payment in Roubles" talk pretty heavily. That's the right move IMO.  And if the transaction occurs in Euros/Dollars, there is no breach of contract. But that also is definitely not payment in Roubles :lol:

The problem with being paid in Euros/Dollars is there is no meaningful way to convert those funds to Roubles. It's going to be smoke and mirrors to convince the Russian public that the country has made money from the existing contracts with no way to convert the money. That was why the push for payment in Roubles had any significance in the first place.


And yes, China would love to buy it for cheaper than the West is paying :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: Kwyjibo] * 1
    #27714344 -

Kwyjibo said:
Stable Genius said:
Anyone that upvoted the ghoulish posts cheering dead Russian soldiers.

They have lost sight of their humanity. It’s not cool.



Please explain how being against a war makes someone a warmonger. Is defending the bombing of apartment buildings and hospitals not ghoulish?



We’re your eyes closed when you came to the sentence about cheering dead Russian soldiers?

Go have a look at the smashed in faces of the soldiers with their knee caps shot out.

Is that somehow acceptable? It’s not, SAME AS BOMBING OR SHOOTING CIVILIANS IS UNACCEPTABLE LIKE RUSSIA IS DOING NONE OF THIS IS ACCEPTABLE. Just in case you’re confused with what I’m getting at.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | | Last >

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Military families grow angry with state of Iraq war Zahid 1,050 4 10/30/03 02:21 PM
by PsiloKitten
* Bush's rush to Iraq War Helping al-Qaida fft2 538 0 07/14/04 01:49 AM
by fft2
* The Irish-Iraqi War Anonymous 1,211 4 03/06/03 02:57 AM
by GazzBut
* Is lying about the reason for a war an impeachable offense?
( 1 2 all )
LearyfanS 3,893 38 06/20/03 05:08 PM
by Anonymous
* Yushchenko Certain Ukraine Government Poisoned Him usefulidiot 1,020 6 12/24/04 12:29 PM
by Annapurna1
* A message from the Ukraine Krishna 733 1 11/26/04 07:53 AM
by question_for_joo
* Doctors: Ukrainian opposition leader poisoned zahudulallah 466 0 12/11/04 07:48 AM
by zahudulallah
* Arm yourself with info- 60 reasons we shouldnt be at war
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
PsiloKitten 12,382 93 11/02/13 08:08 PM
by Yogi1

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
413,630 topic views. 0 members, 2 guests and 20 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.047 seconds spending 0.012 seconds on 18 queries.