Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 365 | 366 | 367 | 368 | 369 | 370 | 371 | 372 | 373 | 374 | 375 | 376 | 377 | 378 | 379 | 380 | 381 | 382 | 383 | 384 | 385 | | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: mushhead]
    #27133199 -

mushhead said:
You gave up too soon looks like.



I know right... Its all good ill have many many more clones to toy around with soon. Btw I modded those tubs and the shoeboxes are looking much better. thanks for rushing me :heart:

Im not a pro culture er but I think shes a bit past due for a clone at this point?


--------------------


:sporedrop::aum:Pho's MushiAventures::aum::sporedrop:
:heartpump:My '21 GLOG:heartpump:
:peace: LAGM 2022 :peace:


Edited by Ababyphoenix (01/07/21 03:13 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Ababyphoenix]
    #27133206 -

Aight so

10g agar
10g ELME
1g nute yeast
500ml tap water.

Just for clone plates I want them to stretch and grow out nice and quick.


--------------------
Listen, I'm steel fisted with the iron lung
Heavy metal ballads out the guitar where lions run.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: starbones]
    #27133370 -

I’d reduce the lme then if you want to be lower nute. Maybe 6g lme and the 1g nutritional yeast or leave the yeast out all together.

My standard everyday use recipe for 500ml is like

10g agar
7g lme

I don’t personally use yeast as it makes my myc go haywire but others use it with great successes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: D3_Myc]
    #27133417 -

D3,

In your agar tek, you recommend 10g agar and 8g lme for 500ml.  That's what I've been using. 

Have you changed your recommendation?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: tomcards]
    #27133430 -

That’s fine too, doesn’t make a huge difference. I’m always experimenting back and forth trying to find what performs best. Id say anything between 6.5-8g lme is a pretty solid everyday use range.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: D3_Myc]
    #27133527 -

When you say haywire what do you mean? Is it harder to find sectoring?


--------------------
Listen, I'm steel fisted with the iron lung
Heavy metal ballads out the guitar where lions run.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: starbones]
    #27133540 -

I went from perfect rhizo myc to something that looked like a white fluffy paintball splatter I only gave it one chance and my results are subjective

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: D3_Myc]
    #27133571 -

Alright I'll try some test plates using it with some clone tissue and some without then decide, thanks man.


--------------------
Listen, I'm steel fisted with the iron lung
Heavy metal ballads out the guitar where lions run.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: starbones]
    #27133607 -

I'm just gonna take all these translucent plates to grain.
I think I saw someone having a similar issue said it bounced back after transferring to new medium.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: GrinchGrower] * 1
    #27133632 -



Myc growth in 3 hours.

PE t2 from spores

Higher res non-magic picture.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: bigfootscreepyuncl]
    #27133682 -

I've been using 9g Agar powder. Seems plenty soft to me. The spores didn't complain. 8g made the agar a little too sticky for my liking. Stuck the scalpel too far into the piece and it didn't wanna let go for the transfer.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: mushhead]
    #27133806 -

TheDoobsker said:
What I've been doing for condensation is right after pouring plates, I boil about 300ml of water and add it to my media bottle, put the cap on the bottle and place it on the top of the stack. All the plates are crystal clear.

This isn't anything new, I think a lot of growers do something similar. I have just found that using the media bottles works really well



mushhead said:
Set your vessel on a stable unmoving surface while it cools from the PC(hopefully you're using a flowhood or SAB), let the bubbles disperse and allow it to cool to 125f or so, pour.
Some agar needs to be shaken when it comes out of the PC, if need be grab heat resistant gloves and shake it up way before the 125f mark, let the bubbles disperse obviously.




So as for bubbles🤓, when i go to use agar I’m reheating it in the ‘wave. Some bubbling inevitably occurs. I guess i should have said that. By the time I cool it down it’s still there.

As for condensation I have also heated the media bottle (250ml) and used on one plate at a time. Beer bottle works too but next time i look at them they are condensed up again. Im hoping to learn how to avoid it all together. I tried cooling down a little more last time but no luck. 44 degrees is about as far as I can take it before it clumps up. Still condensation. Maybe my room is too cold?


--------------------

Edited by NOS4A2 (01/07/21 07:22 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: GrinchGrower] * 1
    #27133816 -

GrinchGrower said:
I'm just gonna take all these translucent plates to grain.
I think I saw someone having a similar issue said it bounced back after transferring to new medium.



https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27088878

Not sure if you've seen this, but this might help you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Mr. Mushie]
    #27133840 -

Mr. Mushie said:
GrinchGrower said:
I'm just gonna take all these translucent plates to grain.
I think I saw someone having a similar issue said it bounced back after transferring to new medium.



https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27088878

Not sure if you've seen this, but this might help you.



Thanks for the redirect!
It looks like he had some luck with higher nutritional content.
Will report back if I get any good results going to grain or new plates.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: GrinchGrower]
    #27134301 -

I had a similar issue, dropped this plate to grain and it colonised perfectly. Took a grain from it back to my plate and the same growth reoccurred by T1.
Culture was fine tho



--------------------
Here Lies This Individual




Edited by The Dalcassian (01/08/21 12:13 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: The Dalcassian]
    #27134676 -

How long is it usually taking you guys to see clone growth from tissue on agar? On average.


--------------------
Listen, I'm steel fisted with the iron lung
Heavy metal ballads out the guitar where lions run.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: starbones]
    #27134688 -

2 or 3 days to see jump off... but my temps are a little low... 68-72ish...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: roarkell]
    #27134710 -

From inner tissue of a fruiting body?
Weird. I always get a week from a mature fruits inner flesh. On MEA agar, that's why I'm trying lower nute stuff in the hopes to speed that up. I know RR says the myc has to revert but a week seems excessive.

Thanks man


--------------------
Listen, I'm steel fisted with the iron lung
Heavy metal ballads out the guitar where lions run.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: starbones]
    #27134791 -

A week seems like a really long time... im usually checking the plates like 24 hours later... lol. Inner tissue and plate pins are usually in that 2-3 day range for me.. . My agar is 2% agar 1.5% LME...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: roarkell]
    #27134804 -

:whathesaid:


--------------------


:sporedrop::aum:Pho's MushiAventures::aum::sporedrop:
:heartpump:My '21 GLOG:heartpump:
:peace: LAGM 2022 :peace:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 365 | 366 | 367 | 368 | 369 | 370 | 371 | 372 | 373 | 374 | 375 | 376 | 377 | 378 | 379 | 380 | 381 | 382 | 383 | 384 | 385 | | Last >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Agar...Rye...Straw...Grain... Quik_N_Kool 1,703 7 10/02/03 04:33 AM
by Baby_Hitler
* agar to agar / g2g degeneration effects ohmatic 2,913 11 01/17/05 03:46 PM
by MushroomFriend
* do you let it cool down first using agar? crazytab 2,330 4 01/20/04 06:51 PM
by plura16
* Agar ??? Semilanceata 541 4 02/28/04 05:20 AM
by Semilanceata
* Contam in Agar alt. MushroomFriend 1,834 5 12/28/04 03:13 PM
by MushroomFriend
* Inoculating agar with a liquid culture? GnuBobo 10,333 8 11/19/05 01:16 AM
by GnuBobo
* Myc defeating mold kronnyQ 2,089 10 04/28/05 04:53 AM
by blackout
* if you pc mold, is it still mold? swiftrance 620 5 10/29/05 06:52 AM
by FooMan

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
776,013 topic views. 17 members, 52 guests and 170 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.052 seconds spending 0.028 seconds on 18 queries.